12 replies to this topic

Zamu77 #1 Posted 05 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 15470 battles
  • [F4RT5] F4RT5

First off:

Thank you very much for the Frontline event, it was Awesome! :D

I have gotten to level 30 four times, been 1st general and had my name on the screen (yay!) and I have played all kinds of tanks except arty since I don't have any tier 8s yet. But since I play most TD sniper, at least at first spawn and then adapt from there according to what is needed, my feedback is mainly from sniper perspective. It would be nice if others could add the other tank types point of view.

Generally, attack has a lot more sniper positions than defence. with the exeption being F. If I play attack I can chose from different positions, there is always a nice bush somewhere, but as defence it is REALLY limited, with the exeption being A and F.  B is really horrible. If I spawn at B I run as fast as I can to either C or A, there isn't a single spot where I can be useful at B. (Well, there is 1, but since it's only that one, people know you are there and it's the first place arty blindfires, so in reality there is none.)

B needs a total rework in my opinion, it is one of my favorite places to start as attack and my most disliked as defence. The other map suggestions I have are more of adjustments. 

When you spawn as defence in C there is a nice rock with some bushes up the eastern slope, a little past the house. Please make the rock bigger. When you get spotted, you can't hide from the south and the hill by cap at the same time, and there is nowhere to retreat. Or move the big house in the middle a little so people up on the hill can't shoot this rock.

When you spawn as attack in A, there is anice terrace with a bush "railing" in the southwest corner. Please elevate it, as it is a genious place but it is impossible to see anything from there.

The bushes on the hill behind cap in D are useless. If this was meant to be a sniper spot (and I hope it was), it needs more bushes and some physical cover. If you get spotted there, it's a deathtrap. It would be nice if you either put a big rock to roll behind or even better changed the slope of the mountain so we could roll back behind.

The hill behind the cap in E could also use some bushes. E is really easy to defend until they get all the way to the cap area, then it is almost impossible. The attackers have way too much cover and the defenders have none. I really like the area though, so don't take away all the buildings, but please give the defenders some cover as well. The big pile of gravel in addition to the houses might be too much though, maybe you could move it a few meters to the east? When it is right by the house it gives too good cover for cappers.

Another general note on maps is that it is waaaay to easy to kill defenders when attackers are done capping and everyone is moving to the next zone. And if I'm not shot in the rear by attackers I get anihilated by air strike because of the too short time limit to get out. It would be nice if you could add some hills right after map zone changes, so that if you get over the hill you are "safe", or something similar. Hills might make it even more difficult for slow tanks to get out, though. I don't have all the answers, I just know that this has been a serious issue for me, two out of three times I am dead before I get safe after enemy caps.

Some of the repair circles are poorly placed, some you can't even use before your team has won the whole area. They should be moved to a safer spot or add some buildings/rocks to hide you while you are repairing.

Ok, enough about maps :D

Over to reserves.

The Recon Flight is waaay to powerful as it is now. When your 6th sense goes off you have no chance of knowing if it was a regular spot or a plane, so if you duck behind cover and count to ten before you peek back out - then BOOM! you are dead. I would suggest giving it normal duration of spot, and if you feel that it will be too gimped and noone will chose it then increase the area it spots instead.

The airstrike sucks :p

I mean, who in their right mind would chose it over artillery strike?

Double lines of bombs of have 2 planes drop bombs after each other or something like this. Don't make it OP though, you might have to reduce the damage per bomb if you double the amount of bombs.

And a little about levels and rewards:

This was the BEST thing about Frontline, the fact that it didn't really matter as much whether you won or not since you were always progressing. Don't get me wrong, winning is always fun! My greatest moment was when we won with 1 sec left on the timer and my last shot on the cannon was only possible with a well timed inspire proc, haha :D

But even if you got a bad team and everything else failed, you could still get to Captain or Major and make decent progress towards the next prestige.

I read somewhere that the game will remember our progress for the next time Frontline appears. I really hope that's not the case!! I mean, sure it would be nice for the people who didn't reach level 30 to not have to start all over again, but I would be very, very SAD if I had "finished" Frontline. Please give us more to work towards :)

And no, I don't expect to get 1k bonds every time, allthough that wouldn't be a bad thing, But making prestige 3 times and reaching level 30 the last time was the most fun thing about the whole event, so please come up with some similar rewards for next time.

Final suggestion from me is tone down the credits and increase the xp. I got silly amounts of credits from this event, but I would have gotten more xp if I was doing regular matches. Not nerf like getting half the credits and buff like getting double xp, but a small tweak would be nice. Also tone down the penalties on the FL tanks, my friends who were driving them didn't seem to get any credits at all, sometimes they didn't even break even.

And lastly, keep it for level 8.

Until you figure out what to replace the whole 3/5/7 with, whether it be 5/5/5, prio 5/10 or whatever, this is what saves tier 8 :)

Edited by Zamu77, 05 June 2018 - 03:56 PM.

250swb #2 Posted 05 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostZamu77, on 05 June 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

First off:

Thank you very much for the Frontline event, it was Awesome! :D

No it was crap, a game for giggling little girls who don't want a challenge. Free this and free that, no downsides, an easy game for people who don't want to think to much about anything but want all the rewards anyway.

fivenine #3 Posted 05 June 2018 - 10:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6658 battles
  • [DEF_X] DEF_X

Fantastic game mode. Random battles is just bloody boring now

Hopefully it makes a return I can't be bothered playing random battles.

WindSplitter1 #4 Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 15455 battles
  • [KROLL] KROLL

View Post250swb, on 05 June 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

No it was crap, a game for giggling little girls who don't want a challenge. Free this and free that, no downsides, an easy game for people who don't want to think to much about anything but want all the rewards anyway.

:facepalm:

Suurpolskija #5 Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:40 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

I thought it was rather stupid that you get more xp by killing defenders than shooting at the objectives. I think damaging the objectives should be rewarded at least as much as damaging enemies.

Artillery strike was over the top, I'd even go as far as to say it was broken. Anyway, I didn't like it. Normal artillery is quite enough.

Spawn camping should be denied somehow. Make 10 second immunity for respawning tanks.

Move some repair rings to more easily accessible / defendable positions, this goes mostly for attackers. I think most of the defense repair spots were ok.

More maps, maybe other kind of objectives would be fun too. This one map got old after a while.

All in all I liked it.

Spurtung #6 Posted 05 June 2018 - 11:52 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61582 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Post250swb, on 05 June 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

U mad, bruh?

Alabamatick #7 Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:25 AM

Major

• Player
  • 31849 battles

View PostSuurpolskija, on 05 June 2018 - 10:40 PM, said:

I thought it was rather stupid that you get more xp by killing defenders than shooting at the objectives. I think damaging the objectives should be rewarded at least as much as damaging enemies.

Artillery strike was over the top, I'd even go as far as to say it was broken. Anyway, I didn't like it. Normal artillery is quite enough.

Spawn camping should be denied somehow. Make 10 second immunity for respawning tanks.

Move some repair rings to more easily accessible / defendable positions, this goes mostly for attackers. I think most of the defense repair spots were ok.

More maps, maybe other kind of objectives would be fun too. This one map got old after a while.

All in all I liked it.

I think the opposite, arty / airstrike were fine, but spg's need to be removed from the mode

Search_Warrant #8 Posted 06 June 2018 - 01:02 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

Whats that? sounds like someone doesent like fun! go back to your corner grumpy pants.

This is how i imagine you:

Edited by Search_Warrant, 06 June 2018 - 01:12 AM.

undutchable80 #9 Posted 06 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Some good point made by OP, as well as Suurpolskija. Especially his point on: "I thought it was rather stupid that you get more xp by killing defenders than shooting at the objectives. I think damaging the objectives should be rewarded at least as much as damaging enemies." I would even go as far as saying that damaging (and destroying!) objectives should be worth more xp, since that is the entire purpose of the mode and only way to win...

My addition to the sugestions made:

Perks / reserves should not be given from the start of the mode, but earned by in-game achievements. Either by rank / combined damage dealt or a combination of the two:

Achieve rank B / 2k dmg combined - get recon flight

Achieve rank C / 4k dmg combined - get inspire

Etc

Oh, and can we has FL back 1st July pls? SC TotT ends then and I have no interest in starting the Spaghetti line. :B

Edited by undutchable80, 06 June 2018 - 08:37 AM.

Zamu77 #10 Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

Private

• Player
  • 15470 battles
  • [F4RT5] F4RT5

View Post250swb, on 05 June 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

HAHAHA!!! :D

I thought I'd check up on this guy to see what kind of player would even say something like this, and 17 of his 25 most played tanks are tier 4 and 5 ...

(Even more if you count tier 3)

Hey, mister!

Tier 4 is for giggling little girls who don't want a challenge.

Basicly, everything he said applies to what he is usually playing, and not to Frontline. ;)

Edited by Zamu77, 06 June 2018 - 09:35 AM.

trobiptg #11 Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 22821 battles
  • [CHUPS] CHUPS

So not wanting to fight against +2 tier overpowered and gold spamming tanks is for giggling little girls?

WoT_RU_Doing #12 Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 42576 battles
  • [-GY-] -GY-

Assuming that WG will make FL events a permanent feature of the game, I'd suggest that they just give every player the 2 FL tanks. It seems silly to me to have them in the garage, then not have them, then get them back etc. It shouldn't cost anything to WG...most players who have them play other tanks in FL anyhow.

fivenine #13 Posted 07 June 2018 - 11:41 AM

Private

• Player
  • 6658 battles
  • [DEF_X] DEF_X
That wont happen it'll be a 99 euro front line pack ;)

Also tagged with frontline, fl, feedback, suggestions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users