Artillery in its current state is the worst it has ever been. (And ways to improve it)

Artillery SPG

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Ben13215 #1 Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2819 battles

Yes. Right now artillery is probably the most annoying class in the game, for both those who play it and those who play against it. And yes, I am a pretty heavy arty player myself, however dont start writing your angry comment just yet. I agree that right now, playing against arty is incredibly annoying (getting stunned for 15 seconds every 30 seconds, as well as a barrage of critical damage) It can be especially bad when arty is targeting you ( yes im talking about you heavy tank players) and you play over 50% of your match stunned. Honestly, i think this is only a fraction better than what arty used to be (getting one-shoted every 5 games) Dont get me wrong though, back then arty was way to overpowered, especially considering that it was the least played class;only a few people would get any sense of satisfaction about playing a game with artillery. And here is where we encounter the problem: right now NOBODY is enjoying playing against AND with artillery. As i said, i play artillery a lot and thus I will speak for the artillery playing community, it is the MOST FRUSTRATING THING that you will EVER experience when you have finally reloaded, perfectly aimed in on the perfect target, you fire and your shell hits the enemy flush.... and then you look at the dmg..... 10 F***ING DMG DONE WTF?!?!?! and trust me no artillery player cares about "stun dmg" even though  it may be really annoying for the player who I just hit to go through 20 seconds of stun, it brings me (the arty player) no satisfaction what so ever, and yet it annoys the crap out of the enemy. Therefore I have come up with a set of nerfs and buffs which I think will FINALLY make arty a class which will be neither OP nor a total and complete failure (what it is now) 

So here we go:

Nerfs: 

- Accuracy back to pre 9.18 levels

- Reload time back to pre 9.18 levels

- Artillery will get non-preferential match making: arty will only go into battles with 1 or 2 tier higher vehicles, nothing below

- Maximum of 1 artillery per battle (Lower your risks  of constantly being hit)

- stun will only be available to 200+ mm guns, max stun time of 7 secs, effects of stun reduced.

- chance of inflicting critical dmg reduced 75%

All pretty good so far...

Buffs:

Oh but here we go...

-25+% increase in alpha dmg.

- HUGE, and i mean huge, buff in penetration for HE shells, if you hit a target with good armour your still gonna have a pretty good chance of penetrating it, e.g. T92 HMC (tier 10 american SPG) with 240 mm pen on HE rounds.

-Artillery will again be able to use the full variety of shell types in wot.

I know, I know, 90% of those reading this are probably already spamming the comments with "idiot" and ridiculing me for my 50% win rate (remember arty can never, EVER carry a battle. If your team is bad you will lose no matter how much you try) but for those 10% who are still reading, do you think that this would finally do justice to the SPG class? 

Anyway I hope to hear any constructive comments or improvements. 

P.S. For tier 10 and 9 artillery i know they will get better match making than the classes below, but dont forget that getting into a full t10 battle is pretty rare, so trust me not many people will wait the 8 min in the match making menu to play 1 game in a t10 arty no matter how powerful they are.

NoobySkooby #2 Posted 02 July 2018 - 11:40 AM

Major

• Player
  • 13006 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
Thing that bugs me about arty is the long reload times, apart from that when you have a bad day and you constantly see your teams melt when playing whatever tank you choose, if you then switch to arty, you can again enjoy life and giggle wickedly at others salty tears:trollface:

Kothaar #3 Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:30 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 59157 battles
  • [IGNOR] IGNOR
Stun effect is mostly useless, its main effect is to make shooting slower and thus needlessly prolong battles since a stunned tank takes longer to reload. I guess it was meant as yet one more annoyance so people would spend money to get rid of it.

Flash909 #4 Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:32 PM

Private

• Player
  • 24260 battles
  • [WAR-W] WAR-W

Great ideas, IF you agree the accuracy should be such as the chance of hitting a stationary, fully aimed target are MAX 50%, preferably, really, 20%. Chances of hitting a moving target should be a strong 1%. Then we're talking. I don't know what worse  pre-9.18 accuracy you're dreaming of because I was not playing arty at all then (now only for the missions and bonus crews) but I remember being one shotted regularly on the move with Leopard 1. Sounds too accurate to me.

HoZee34 #5 Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:26 PM

Private

• Player
  • 23951 battles
  • [NOS] NOS
Artys are nerfed, and too bad?! Well, you can do a favor... I were on the move, and were one shot for the clicker. And this isn't the first time... 

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_392.jpg   1.49MB

Darth_Clicker #6 Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:27 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53747 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostHoZee34, on 16 September 2018 - 11:26 PM, said:

Artys are nerfed, and too bad?! Well, you can do a favor... I were on the move, and were one shot for the clicker. And this isn't the first time... 

You should stop driving into the spot which arty is aiming.

Daxeno #7 Posted 08 October 2018 - 03:09 PM

• 130 battles
  • [WG_M] WG_M

Thread locked. Please discuss arty in the dedicated SPG thread. Thank you.

Daxeno

Also tagged with Artillery, SPG

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users