• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

xXK4L1NXx #1 Posted 06 June 2018 - 12:47 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25088 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

Hello,

So a few days ago I thought I had completed a TD mission, and even opened a ticket to get it fixed when I didn't get the reward I had expected, only to be told that the mission asked for "destroyed modules" or injured crew, while I only achieved enough "damaged modules". I fully agreed to that reasoning. However, now I just got the equivalent of that mission in the SPG set (asks for 10 DESTROYED, not damaged modules, and/or crew injuries) just by damaging modules, with a grand total of THREE destroyed modules and no crew knockout whatsoever. This left me totally dumbfounded, as I now suspect a lot of people got the TD mission by damaging modules, while I didn't, just because there was some sort of issue.

shot_760.jpgshot_796.jpg

I repeat, BOTH missions ask for THE EXACT SAME THING (except for tracks being excluded from the TD mission. I took that into account, obviously). The quantity is different between the two missions, but the requirement is IDENTICAL. I received a reward for the SPG one. Would it be fair to reopen the issue for the TD in a ticket? I hope the community will be friendly and will advise me towards the best course of action.

Good luck on the battlefield, guys :D (as it's often more influential than skill)

Cheers

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot_755.jpg   1.41MB
  • Attached File   shot_756.jpg   1.41MB
  • Attached File   shot_757.jpg   1.43MB
  • Attached File   shot_758.jpg   1.37MB
  • Attached File   shot_788.jpg   1.34MB
  • Attached File   shot_789.jpg   1.36MB
  • Attached File   shot_790.jpg   1.36MB
  • Attached File   shot_791.jpg   1.37MB
  • Attached File   shot_792.jpg   1.32MB
  • Attached File   shot_793.jpg   1.38MB
  • Attached File   shot_794.jpg   1.33MB
  • Attached File   shot_795.jpg   1.34MB

AppleMars #2 Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 12080 battles
These missions need more polishing bcs some are almost impossible to solve bcs of these discrepancies. I cannot pass the SPG 15 for t55a with tier 9 arty for months bcs games are short and fast. I was not even close to solve that mission :-(, it requires 5 very demanding requirements that are impossible to do in the same time. I would like to find the current statistics about that mission...

Spurtung #3 Posted 06 June 2018 - 02:31 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 60740 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

Keyword: internal.

Not all modules are the same, and it's not only the tracks that are external. Viewports are too, so is the turret ring.

AFAIK, in the context of campaign missions, destroyed or damaged modules count as the same thing.

Edited by Spurtung, 06 June 2018 - 02:47 AM.

Shaade_Silentpaw #4 Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:08 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21456 battles

View PostAppleMars, on 06 June 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

These missions need more polishing bcs some are almost impossible to solve bcs of these discrepancies. I cannot pass the SPG 15 for t55a with tier 9 arty for months bcs games are short and fast. I was not even close to solve that mission :-(, it requires 5 very demanding requirements that are impossible to do in the same time. I would like to find the current statistics about that mission...

Yeah, some of the missions are just stupid.

I've got the Obj. 260 already - but unlike alot of other campaign completers, I am willing to say alot of the missions need re-doing.

It's the ones that are so heavily influenced by luck/external factors beyond the player's control - Spotting/Assist/Stun damage (relies on team, with stun being especially difficult due to med kits), damage blocked (relies on premium/HE rounds fired), killing x-amount/doing x-damage to x-specific tank class (relies on matchmaker), etc.

There's also the problem of certain missions that force you to play like a complete potato just complete a specific task...

etody77 #5 Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61219 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
If was Td 2 for obj-260, you need some damage too

Jorous #6 Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 18196 battles
  • [TPK] TPK
I think, that if the enemy repairs these modules or heals the crew member, it doesn't count. ???

the_nebuchadnezzar #7 Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 44519 battles

View PostAppleMars, on 06 June 2018 - 01:13 AM, said:

I disagree. I did almost all the missions with GW Tiger - tier 9, except for a few which I did in the M44. It's more about MM + luck. 

MeetriX #8 Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:50 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18896 battles

View PostJorous, on 06 June 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

I think, that if the enemy repairs these modules or heals the crew member, it doesn't count. ???

It doesn't.

Concentrate kill shots so that the enemy can't fix his crew or modules.

RaxipIx #9 Posted 06 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27700 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMeetriX, on 06 June 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

It doesn't.

Concentrate kill shots so that the enemy can't fix his crew or modules.

Actually when i did it, it did coun't, does not matter if they repair or not.  The key is to understand damaging a fuel tank is not the same as destroying it....also a key thing is the internal modules that need to be destroyed. tracks/ view port/ turret ring do not count if i remember correctly.

I did it with my Skorp G  once the win was secure  was shooting HE, penning some paper tanks and arty in late game.

The SPG is an easier mission because it does not require internal modules, so it's a lot easier to rack up the module and crew kills. Because you can destroy view ports, turret rings, tracks,  and those are the most common crit hits you get.

xXK4L1NXx #10 Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:40 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25088 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostSpurtung, on 06 June 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

Keyword: internal.

Not all modules are the same, and it's not only the tracks that are external. Viewports are too, so is the turret ring.

AFAIK, in the context of campaign missions, destroyed or damaged modules count as the same thing.

If you would like to re-read my post a tad more carefully, you'll probably notice that I got more than 3 damaged internal modules in my T28 (fuel tank on Strv S1, engine on VK D, fuel tank and radio on KV85). Therefore, I should've been awarded the mission. I agree that destroyed or damaged modules should count as the same thing since that's the case for SPGs (that being the exact point I was making with my post)

View Postetody77, on 06 June 2018 - 04:52 AM, said:

If was Td 2 for obj-260, you need some damage too

Yeah needed 5k damage too, which I did (a total of 5312 dmg)

View PostJorous, on 06 June 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

I think so as well, although that would be completely nasty of WG. The entire point of these requirements is to prove you can do the missions, right? It'd be highly unfair to deny a player their reward because one enemy repaired or sth like that (while other people might get lucky and have their enemies not repair due to various causes). Anyway, thanks for the feedback, that did not occur to me and it makes a lot of sense tbh

View PostRaxipIx, on 06 June 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

Actually when i did it, it did coun't, does not matter if they repair or not.  The key is to understand damaging a fuel tank is not the same as destroying it....also a key thing is the internal modules that need to be destroyed. tracks/ view port/ turret ring do not count if i remember correctly.

I did it with my Skorp G  once the win was secure  was shooting HE, penning some paper tanks and arty in late game.

The SPG is an easier mission because it does not require internal modules, so it's a lot easier to rack up the module and crew kills. Because you can destroy view ports, turret rings, tracks,  and those are the most common crit hits you get.

I mean, that'd make total sense, except for my SPG mission I had absolutely no crew injured and a grand total of 3 destroyed modules (all of them being tracks, just for trivia). Therefore, under those conditions, I shouldn't have gotten the SPG mission done (which I did). Seems highly unfair to me to deny me the TD reward and give me the SPG one since I did the same thing for both (relative to their conditions).

etody77 #11 Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61219 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO

View PostxXK4L1NXx, on 06 June 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

Yeah needed 5k damage too, which I did (a total of 5312 dmg)

Happened to me too, do the mission again

RaxipIx #12 Posted 06 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27700 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostxXK4L1NXx, on 06 June 2018 - 05:47 PM, said:

I mean, that'd make total sense, except for my SPG mission I had absolutely no crew injured and a grand total of 3 destroyed modules (all of them being tracks, just for trivia). Therefore, under those conditions, I shouldn't have gotten the SPG mission done (which I did). Seems highly unfair to me to deny me the TD reward and give me the SPG one since I did the same thing for both (relative to their conditions).

If the icon of the module is not with red but yellow, it's damaged and not destroyed. Either i am blind or the first SS shows me a yellow  icon fuel tank. While i am not 100% sure on this i think if you track over and over the same target it will only show in the end plates once track destroyed, but it counts them all.....99% on this one though. So imo what happened was you re tracked the same 3 tanks over and over.

Homer_J #13 Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27288 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSpurtung, on 06 June 2018 - 02:31 AM, said:

Nope.  There are missions which require destroyed modules (the TD ones) and missions which require damaged.

I wonder if the arty one counts repeat track destruction toward the total but the after battle report doesn't say how many tracks you destroyed on each vehicle.  i.e. If you destroyed both tracks on one tank five times then that could count as ten destroyed modules for the mission but only show once on the after battle stats.

Or they could just have the wording wrong.

Edited by Homer_J, 06 June 2018 - 06:24 PM.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 06 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63409 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostxXK4L1NXx, on 06 June 2018 - 05:40 PM, said:

If you would like to re-read my post a tad more carefully, you'll probably notice that I got more than 3 damaged internal modules in my T28 (fuel tank on Strv S1, engine on VK D, fuel tank and radio on KV85). Therefore, I should've been awarded the mission. I agree that destroyed or damaged modules should count as the same thing since that's the case for SPGs (that being the exact point I was making with my post)

Well, you did say "except tracks" for the TD. That is also incorrect. So thus why he assumed I guess. As there is more then one external module. On the T28 you had 3 damage modules, and one two destroyed modules. But the SP1C's destroyed module is a turret. So there you had 1 module that counted, not 3. So support was correct. But since it's just 3. I'm fine with them demanding destroyed for TD. As 10 destroyed modules on even the SPG is not common. 

But... iirc the old mission for SPG-9 simply said damage modules or injure crew. Not destroy. And external modules count. And if we go by the old mission, you did exactly that. With the new? Less so. I suspect its mission remains unchanged, even tho its written form has been altered. As I've done two SPG-9 missions after the change with mostly damaged modules vs destroyed. I know WG have been told about this issue before. As it could be a translation issue. It still remains I see. TD one is correct tho. As it has been ages. 

I do see your point with a damaged module should count as destroyed. But again as I said. I'm fine with it on TD as the amount is so low. 

xXK4L1NXx #15 Posted 06 June 2018 - 07:52 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25088 battles
  • [TEC] TEC
So after a back and forth series of rants via ticket, WG's outstanding employees ended up telling me that I did not actually complete the SPG mission (which is bull, considering that the event itself made me reopen this whole issue). Well friggin' done, WG, way to train your customer support people to read people's tickets thoroughly.

View PostRaxipIx, on 06 June 2018 - 05:55 PM, said:

If the icon of the module is not with red but yellow, it's damaged and not destroyed. Either i am blind or the first SS shows me a yellow  icon fuel tank. While i am not 100% sure on this i think if you track over and over the same target it will only show in the end plates once track destroyed, but it counts them all.....99% on this one though. So imo what happened was you re tracked the same 3 tanks over and over.

Well sorry to disappoint you, but I just had another look to be sure, and it seems that I only ever hit each of them once (even killed one of them with my first shot on him/her), so that's certainly not the case. And yes, except for the 3 tracks, all my crits were not destroyed, but damaged modules (orange icons). ALL of them.

View PostHomer_J, on 06 June 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Nope.  There are missions which require destroyed modules (the TD ones) and missions which require damaged.

I wonder if the arty one counts repeat track destruction toward the total but the after battle report doesn't say how many tracks you destroyed on each vehicle.  i.e. If you destroyed both tracks on one tank five times then that could count as ten destroyed modules for the mission but only show once on the after battle stats.

Or they could just have the wording wrong.

As I just replied to Raxiplx, there's no way I got all 10 shots on those 3 tanks I actually detracked. Furthermore, both missions have the exact same wording, so it'd only seem fair to me to treat both of them equally. Either cancel the SPG mission for everyone who's ever done it because of the bad wording, or award the TD mission to the players who only got damaged internal modules or injured crew members. I dunno mate, I'm willing to do it again no problem, but it just seems really unfair to deny me a mission I thought I had done right because WG can't word them right.

View PostBalc0ra, on 06 June 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Well, you did say "except tracks" for the TD. That is also incorrect. So thus why he assumed I guess. As there is more then one external module. On the T28 you had 3 damage modules, and one two destroyed modules. But the SP1C's destroyed module is a turret. So there you had 1 module that counted, not 3. So support was correct. But since it's just 3. I'm fine with them demanding destroyed for TD. As 10 destroyed modules on even the SPG is not common. 

But... iirc the old mission for SPG-9 simply said damage modules or injure crew. Not destroy. And external modules count. And if we go by the old mission, you did exactly that. With the new? Less so. I suspect its mission remains unchanged, even tho its written form has been altered. As I've done two SPG-9 missions after the change with mostly damaged modules vs destroyed. I know WG have been told about this issue before. As it could be a translation issue. It still remains I see. TD one is correct tho. As it has been ages. 

I do see your point with a damaged module should count as destroyed. But again as I said. I'm fine with it on TD as the amount is so low. 

Well alright, but these missions were reworked, so the old mission shouldn't be relevant for this discussion, regardless of what it was asking. And sorry to disappoint you further, but I got three INTERNAL modules damaged, as I mentioned earlier. Not destroyed, I get that, but I damaged them. Under the same premises as the CURRENT SPG mission, that should've given me the reward. And I don't know, man, this mission seems to promote tier 10 TDs as the only serious contenders except for a rare encounter you might get every 200 battles. It's not that easy to get 3 destroyed modules or injured crew when playing as a regular ol' TD without one of dem illegal aim mods, even when managing to do 5k damage (which should be by far the main highlight of the mission). Seems to me that I was just as good in my match as other players who did the mission, and I deserve to get the reward. Otherwise I would've just given up on the topic and tried it again, like I did 4 times when I got 4900-ish damage and the necessary crits (in my WT Pz4).

So I pointed out again that the SPG mission reward was awarded to me, and they replied as follows:

Hello xXK4L1NXx,

Thank you for coming back to us. 

I am sorry Commander, unfortunately the support team can not give you the award for this mission. If you want this reward you have to complete this mission.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

I wish you a wonderful day and much success on the battlefield!

Kind regards

Yup. Amazing reasoning. Leave it to WG employees to try to shut you up when they're wrong.

RaxipIx #16 Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 27700 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostxXK4L1NXx, on 06 June 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

Well sorry to disappoint you, but I just had another look to be sure, and it seems that I only ever hit each of them once (even killed one of them with my first shot on him/her), so that's certainly not the case. And yes, except for the 3 tracks, all my crits were not destroyed, but damaged modules (orange icons). ALL of them.

Well if you say so i believe you. It's not the first/last time WG makes  errors in wording on the mission objectives.(it's probably damaged modules not destroyed as it is  for the TD mission)

Not sure about the SPG one how it was before they changed it. But for the TD one it was like this for a very very long time ago, and i was in the same pickle as you asking the forum how did i not get the mission done with honors.

My best tip is when you get close to the 5 k damage start  shooting HE shells, it worked for me , hope it will work for you. If it's not red it does not count, if it's track/vision device, turred..does not count... it never did.

Terrible  design if you ask me, but it is what it is, on some of these missions you really need the luck of a "perfect storm",  some of the missions have almost nothing to do with skill, and everything to do with a very lucky game most of the time.

etody77 #17 Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 61219 battles
  • [PT-RO] PT-RO
The SPG missions are harder now, i finished almost all before stun apparition

xXK4L1NXx #18 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:20 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25088 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View PostRaxipIx, on 06 June 2018 - 09:25 PM, said:

Well if you say so i believe you. It's not the first/last time WG makes  errors in wording on the mission objectives.(it's probably damaged modules not destroyed as it is  for the TD mission)

Not sure about the SPG one how it was before they changed it. But for the TD one it was like this for a very very long time ago, and i was in the same pickle as you asking the forum how did i not get the mission done with honors.

My best tip is when you get close to the 5 k damage start  shooting HE shells, it worked for me , hope it will work for you. If it's not red it does not count, if it's track/vision device, turred..does not count... it never did.

Terrible  design if you ask me, but it is what it is, on some of these missions you really need the luck of a "perfect storm",  some of the missions have almost nothing to do with skill, and everything to do with a very lucky game most of the time.

Well I guess. Thing is, my last 3 hits were done with HEs and I got no crit with them (one even hitting an LTG, which is heckin' small, so that was a big surprise for me). In any case, they keep trying to sway me by stating fake facts (the last guy to reply to my ticket literally just said you need 3 crits for the SPG mission too). Guess they're just too high and mighty to take more than a few seconds to read my ticket properly :(

__Roger__ #19 Posted 07 June 2018 - 04:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 67235 battles
  • [PXA] PXA

Hi xXK4L1NXx

This mission is very frustrating and the mission-text is not clear. After much research and discussion we found out the requirements for this mission and it was after some time finally done.

This is what we found to be the requirements:

5k damage

+

injure three crewmembers

or

destroy three internal modules ( and MUST be red color in Battle results)

- !!! Internal modules is : engine, radio, fuel tank and ammo rack. 

- External modules that does not count for this mission is : Gun, tracks, observation devices and turret(turret ring)  

- Crewmembers and destroyed modules can not be mixed, ex 2 injured crews + radio. It has to be 3 of the one or 3 of the other. 

good luck with mission. Consider to shoot HEAT or HE-rounds  on tanks with thin armor. 

xXK4L1NXx #20 Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:18 PM

Private

• Player
  • 25088 battles
  • [TEC] TEC

View Post__Roger__, on 07 June 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

Hi xXK4L1NXx

This mission is very frustrating and the mission-text is not clear. After much research and discussion we found out the requirements for this mission and it was after some time finally done.

This is what we found to be the requirements:

5k damage

+

injure three crewmembers

or

destroy three internal modules ( and MUST be red color in Battle results)

- !!! Internal modules is : engine, radio, fuel tank and ammo rack. 

- External modules that does not count for this mission is : Gun, tracks, observation devices and turret(turret ring)  

- Crewmembers and destroyed modules can not be mixed, ex 2 injured crews + radio. It has to be 3 of the one or 3 of the other. 

good luck with mission. Consider to shoot HEAT or HE-rounds  on tanks with thin armor. 

Would you care reading my post again? CAREFULLY, this time? Maybe you'll consider paying attention to what I'm saying instead of what you think I'm saying. Thank you.

Also tagged with Campaign Missions, Issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users