Has a mechanic been introduced to stop, unspotted tanks from being initially blind fired?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Brodie_ #1 Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78356 battles

Hi guys,

As a fairly experienced Arty player, I often blind fire obvious positions, where 8 out of 10 times I am virtually certain that an enemy will be.

At the start of a battle I often do this, & have in the the past often got a kill, or seen my shell disappear, making it obvious I scored a hit!

For the last few months however, when I perfectly aim a shot at one of these positions, it misses by miles.

What is telling though, is these misses seem to be much more extreme than normal!

More like pre 9.18 random arty misses!

It feels like that the game knows there is a tank there, & some mechanic has been put in place to stop a clever experienced player from blind firing an unspotted tank!

This effect seems to disappear once the tank has been previously spotted.

I am very, very used to Arty rng, so it has taken me some time to feel that this was really happening!

But at the start of a game when a perfectly aimed shot at one of these positions seems to miss by miles consistently, I am starting to see a pattern!

Yes!

If you look hard enough, you can find whatever you want!

Have any of you other experienced Arty players started to notice this?

I am sure of course that some Arty haters, will comment upon this post...

Whatever...

Let the haters hate... I do not care...

Thanks for constructive feedback!

Cheers!

wobblybob #2 Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:37 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 65698 battles
  • [TNAC] TNAC

Nope. Even by my own labyrinthine postulations regarding game manipulation, have I seen, heard of or experienced such an event. Players who have never played arty still sit in obvious bushes and whine when blind fired. Wannacums still over expose themselves to get that extra WN8. All working as intended.

What you could consider is that it is now extremely rare to blind fire kill targets as it will mostly be stun time only.

xx984 #3 Posted 06 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53755 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostBrodie_, on 06 June 2018 - 09:16 PM, said:

Hi guys,

As a fairly experienced Arty player

*edit  

that's as far as i read

Edited by Jbnn, 07 June 2018 - 07:12 AM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Darth_Clicker #4 Posted 07 June 2018 - 05:15 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53382 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View Postxx984, on 06 June 2018 - 11:39 PM, said:

*edit  

that's as far as i read

If you eat your vegetables, listen to mommy when she tries to teach you to read, and then go to kindergarten everyday, you will be able to read like the big boys one day.  

mpf1959 #5 Posted 07 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14893 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I have noticed the shell jump over something (and 1 time jink to the side) when going towards a target that I'm speculating with, and thus I am convinced then there is something there. Lo and behold, an un-spotted tank will often appear after the explosion, which has missed by miles of course.

Suurpolskija #6 Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
Naw. My blind shots are still hitting the places I aim them.

Somnorila #7 Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:53 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 55766 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

Nothing like that. You said it misses so it's basically RNG. I even have the impression that what i hit with my arty blind shots actually deal more damage than the ones i see. But i guess it's RNG paired with lack of vision and brain farts. Because what i see i remember. What i don't, and miss, i forget. And what i remember are only the big damages that i see post match.

On a similar matter i did notices ghost shells a bit more frequently than before. With non arty tanks which i played more these days. Shots that left my tanks that do not deal damage nor do i see them bouncing or going in to the ground or other map elements around or behind the enemy. Was watching a stream from Orzanel the other day and he did encounter same thing where with reticle on the enemy and shell tracer seemed to hit the enemy it didn't deal damage, he quickly went on his replay and watch it again in slow motion and indeed he was on target. I'm guessing that he,same as me, play with server reticle activated. So the only other logical explanation would be that there was some sort of communication error. Either what you see, what the server tells you to see, is not entirely accurate. Probably the server didn't get all the info from the other player. The server, i guess, is making predictions and small adjustments to keep the game playable for us but sometimes the disparity between info it gets, allows weird things like this to happen. Probably ghost shells are an effect of this kind of issue too and when the error happens the server just refresh the situation from scratch as before you would even fired. I don't know, just guessing. But surely annoying when happens. And has absolutely nothing to do with mechanics, 3rd party software or whatever else you may think to presume cheating. They are just communication errors. We all got so comfy to have it easy that we don't even grasp the size or difficulty to have the internet running seemingly flawless all the time everywhere and expect online games to react instant and without fault as they were installed locally. Hell, even then it's not guaranteed as many issues can still occur.

Edited by Somnorila, 08 June 2018 - 07:57 AM.

ironz #8 Posted 08 June 2018 - 08:06 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20811 battles
  • [1STLT] 1STLT
One of the biggest LOLs so far :D Well..it is coming from an arty player...figures

Darth_Clicker #9 Posted 08 June 2018 - 11:40 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53382 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View PostSomnorila, on 08 June 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Nothing like that. You said it misses so it's basically RNG. I even have the impression that what i hit with my arty blind shots actually deal more damage than the ones i see. But i guess it's RNG paired with lack of vision and brain farts. Because what i see i remember. What i don't, and miss, i forget. And what i remember are only the big damages that i see post match.

On a similar matter i did notices ghost shells a bit more frequently than before. With non arty tanks which i played more these days. Shots that left my tanks that do not deal damage nor do i see them bouncing or going in to the ground or other map elements around or behind the enemy. Was watching a stream from Orzanel the other day and he did encounter same thing where with reticle on the enemy and shell tracer seemed to hit the enemy it didn't deal damage, he quickly went on his replay and watch it again in slow motion and indeed he was on target. I'm guessing that he,same as me, play with server reticle activated. So the only other logical explanation would be that there was some sort of communication error. Either what you see, what the server tells you to see, is not entirely accurate. Probably the server didn't get all the info from the other player. The server, i guess, is making predictions and small adjustments to keep the game playable for us but sometimes the disparity between info it gets, allows weird things like this to happen. Probably ghost shells are an effect of this kind of issue too and when the error happens the server just refresh the situation from scratch as before you would even fired. I don't know, just guessing. But surely annoying when happens. And has absolutely nothing to do with mechanics, 3rd party software or whatever else you may think to presume cheating. They are just communication errors. We all got so comfy to have it easy that we don't even grasp the size or difficulty to have the internet running seemingly flawless all the time everywhere and expect online games to react instant and without fault as they were installed locally. Hell, even then it's not guaranteed as many issues can still occur.

Nothing that you see is real....even this post...and this forum...and the computer screen you are reading these words on are all fake....a figment of your imagination....all part of the matrix.

Somnorila #10 Posted 08 June 2018 - 01:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55766 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 08 June 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

Nothing that you see is real....even this post...and this forum...and the computer screen you are reading these words on are all fake....a figment of your imagination....all part of the matrix.

You were supposed to chose your pill. Apparently you didn't take yours...:teethhappy:

Brodie_ #11 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78356 battles

View Postxx984, on 06 June 2018 - 10:39 PM, said:

*edit  

that's as far as i read

I do find it so funny when one of these Muppets post something like this :)

So what inspired you to even look upon the arty forum???

What were you expecting to find?

Trollololololoooo! :)

xx984 #12 Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:32 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53755 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostBrodie_, on 08 June 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

I do find it so funny when one of these Muppets post something like this :)

So what inspired you to even look upon the arty forum???

What were you expecting to find?

i didnt. I have circled it and put arrows to it, incase you cant find it. Just like arta players cant find the W key :hiding:

xx984 #13 Posted 08 June 2018 - 07:36 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53755 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostDarth_Clicker, on 07 June 2018 - 04:15 AM, said:

If you eat your vegetables, listen to mommy when she tries to teach you to read, and then go to kindergarten everyday, you will be able to read like the big boys one day.  

reading is for nerds ;)

Edited by xx984, 08 June 2018 - 07:37 PM.

Bordhaw #14 Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 11321 battles

View Postxx984, on 08 June 2018 - 06:36 PM, said:

reading is for nerds ;)

Still can't spell "Artillery" though.

xx984 #15 Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 53755 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostBordhaw, on 09 June 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

Still can't spell "Artillery" though.

Spelling is also for nerds

mpf1959 #16 Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:59 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14893 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I love arty :arta::B

Brodie_ #17 Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 78356 battles

View Postxx984, on 08 June 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

i didnt. I have circled it and put arrows to it, incase you cant find it. Just like arta players cant find the W key :hiding:

Lol...

How sad... :)

Darth_Clicker #18 Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 53382 battles
  • [4RCE] 4RCE

View Postxx984, on 09 June 2018 - 11:40 AM, said:

Spelling is also for nerds

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic