Jump to content


Tanks in shop that come only in packages

con artists no respect

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Bundled packages in prem. shop, a rip off?? (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are these bundles a rip off? i.e lorr 40t £85 with crappy extras lol

  1. yes (10 votes [71.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 71.43%

  2. no (4 votes [28.57%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 28.57%

Vote Hide poll

WAAT_Commander #1 Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:49 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20267 battles
  • 304
  • [WAAT] WAAT
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015

I know they are a rip off, especially when WG are gonna be re-balancin some and if you wanna trade prem. tanks you loose the value because you can't trade in the extras and lets face it, who really needs them extras???

 

Jus wanted to see what everyone else here thinks because I also know some Community Contributors feel the same and have expressed their views in uploaded vids, yet WG seem to keep spammin these god awful deals, what numpties keeps buyin them lol?!



WAAT_Commander #2 Posted 08 June 2018 - 10:50 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20267 battles
  • 304
  • [WAAT] WAAT
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015
I can also imagine we wont get any feedback from WG :(

WAAT_Commander #3 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:05 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20267 battles
  • 304
  • [WAAT] WAAT
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015
Wow one person actually voted no lol.. Wanna give your reasons?? Have you even seen what is in the bundles on offer???

250swb #4 Posted 09 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 22911 battles
  • 5,129
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-23-2015

There is a difference between whether players want them and if they are poor value rip-offs. To be a rip off it has to be poor value, and if you add up all the separate elements of the large bundles they are always cheaper than getting all the parts separately. You may not want all the extra bits, but that doesn't make it a rip off. You could say the same about anything on sale, you see a car you can't afford (if you are old enough to drive) but that doesn't make the price a rip off it the car has more features than a cheaper car.

 

You have a naive view of consumerism, particularly as WG now always sell the base version of the tank at some point, although that may be after the initial hype has died down. There are a couple of notable exceptions when they sell gold and give a free tank with it, such as the Hydrostat or Pz. IIJ, and these tanks are only available with the gold bundle, but this legacy marketing goes back well beyond the current era of WOT. But why shouldn't they sell bundles like that, nothing else you buy is sold to you without the seller intending to make a profit on what they sell? 


Edited by 250swb, 09 June 2018 - 09:01 AM.


Nishi_Kinuyo #5 Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:06 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7762 battles
  • 4,245
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

You know you can just buy the 40t unbundled, right?

https://eu.wargaming.../wot/main/6054/



Babbet_1 #6 Posted 09 June 2018 - 12:16 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 11261 battles
  • 858
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015
My tank never came in a package at all! Bloke from the local dealership just drove it round and parked it on the drive. Don't know where he'd been in it though - 400 miles on the clock, and next to no fuel in the tank!  :angry:

WAAT_Commander #7 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:23 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20267 battles
  • 304
  • [WAAT] WAAT
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015
I know and already have Lorr 40t unbundled so to speak and sorry but payin real money for the added equipment etc isn't value for money..

View Post250swb, on 09 June 2018 - 09:01 AM, said:

There is a difference between whether players want them and if they are poor value rip-offs. To be a rip off it has to be poor value, and if you add up all the separate elements of the large bundles they are always cheaper than getting all the parts separately. You may not want all the extra bits, but that doesn't make it a rip off. You could say the same about anything on sale, you see a car you can't afford (if you are old enough to drive) but that doesn't make the price a rip off it the car has more features than a cheaper car.

 

You have a naive view of consumerism, particularly as WG now always sell the base version of the tank at some point, although that may be after the initial hype has died down. There are a couple of notable exceptions when they sell gold and give a free tank with it, such as the Hydrostat or Pz. IIJ, and these tanks are only available with the gold bundle, but this legacy marketing goes back well beyond the current era of WOT. But why shouldn't they sell bundles like that, nothing else you buy is sold to you without the seller intending to make a profit on what they sell? 

 

Erm seriously?? You seem to think that all the added extras are worth real money instead of in game credits?? You must have more money than sense bruv...

WAAT_Commander #8 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20267 battles
  • 304
  • [WAAT] WAAT
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015

And comparin an in game purchase (totally digital, you don't actually own the tank) to a real life one is jus plain dumb, sorry but come on man...

 



UrQuan #9 Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:00 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19711 battles
  • 6,352
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostLordCommanderSirJ3fr0, on 11 June 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

I know and already have Lorr 40t unbundled so to speak and sorry but payin real money for the added equipment etc isn't value for money..

 

Erm seriously?? You seem to think that all the added extras are worth real money instead of in game credits?? You must have more money than sense bruv...

 

In game credits do represent a real value. Never forget that you spend time to earn those credits & hereby spending an actual value (your time) on getting these in game credits. It's something to take into consideration when checking these packages. Not everyone has time to play a ton of games to grind heaps of ingame-credits.

Nishi_Kinuyo #10 Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:40 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 7762 battles
  • 4,245
  • [GUP] GUP
  • Member since:
    05-28-2011

View PostUrQuan, on 11 June 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

 

In game credits do represent a real value. Never forget that you spend time to earn those credits & hereby spending an actual value (your time) on getting these in game credits. It's something to take into consideration when checking these packages. Not everyone has time to play a ton of games to grind heaps of ingame-credits.

This.

The €100 bundles consists of:

The tank. (€39,05)

15k gold. (€52,04)

75 premium consumables. (€14,46=3.750 gold=1.500.000 credits)

3 pieces of equipment. (€11,31=2.875 gold=1.150.000 credits)

Bunch of reserves and missions. (cba to figure out the cost)

Or €116,86.

 

So yes, they do have a value.

But it is up to the individual to determine if it is of enough value to him/her/it.



WAAT_Commander #11 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 20267 battles
  • 304
  • [WAAT] WAAT
  • Member since:
    05-31-2015

View PostUrQuan, on 11 June 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

 

In game credits do represent a real value. Never forget that you spend time to earn those credits & hereby spending an actual value (your time) on getting these in game credits. It's something to take into consideration when checking these packages. Not everyone has time to play a ton of games to grind heaps of ingame-credits.

 

Now that makes sense, never thought of it like that tho...

Balc0ra #12 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66525 battles
  • 16,563
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

View PostLordCommanderSirJ3fr0, on 11 June 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

And comparin an in game purchase (totally digital, you don't actually own the tank) to a real life one is jus plain dumb, sorry but come on man...

 

 

You could say the same about games today. As in digital vs physical copies. As if Steam suddenly closed down. You could not get anything again. 

 

View PostLordCommanderSirJ3fr0, on 08 June 2018 - 10:49 AM, said:

I know they are a rip off, especially when WG are gonna be re-balancin some and if you wanna trade prem. tanks you loose the value because you can't trade in the extras and lets face it, who really needs them extras???

 

Depends on the extras. Most of them cost gold as is. 100% Crew, personal reserves etc. Or even just silver or modules that cost up to 600 000 silver. And if you don't have to waste days grinding the credits for equipment alone for your new tank. Some are willing to so. As not everyone, even with a tier 8 premium have millions on their account at all times. That and not everyone has 18K games to rack up a depot of equipment and silver. So new accounts, alt accounts or low battle accounts are more eager to buy a big bundle vs me or you, that don't really need anything in those bundles. And that's what they are aimed for. And those that usually buy it. If no one bought it, they would not made them either. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users