Any harm selling low tier premiums?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

sutlasthetanker #1 Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5399 battles

I have B2, Stug IV, T-127, Valentine II, T-29 and MTLS-1G14 in my garage which I never play and they were all free, not paid for them.

If I sell them, I'll get 1.2KK credits which could help me buy a tier 8 that I unlocked.

Any chance I will regret selling them?

unhappy_bunny #2 Posted 08 June 2018 - 03:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17926 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

It depends. If you intend to grind other lines, then you may find the useful as crew trainers, but If you have no intention of playing them, then the garage slots may be useful. Only you can decide. Sometimes it can be fun to play a low tier prem as a break from the "frustration" of T8. 

Remember that there is more to this game than just playing T8+

Frustration in "" as many players on here complain about the quality of battles, the quality of other players and the quality of MM at T8. 

lampround #3 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:01 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12996 battles
I have recently sold all my Tier 2-5 tech tree premiums, keeping the odd fun tank such as KV220. Never play em, my go to low tier tanks for a bit of fun are Leopard and Luchs.

axell92108 #4 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1779 battles
  • [DHMC] DHMC
I've sold my Sexton I and apparently I can buy it back any time I want from the "Vehicle Recovery" page in the "Store" tab. So I think you can sell them

gunslingerXXX #5 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10691 battles

I sold a bunch of those to get some garage slots a while ago, have not regretted it once. I will not play tier 1-4 for crew training anyway.

Currently just keep the new ones we are gifted because I have sufficient garage slots now. If I ever run out again, I will sell them without hesitation.

Edit: I won't sell the Stug 4 btw, because I earned it ;)

Edited by gunslingerXXX, 08 June 2018 - 04:04 PM.

250swb #6 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21699 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
I wouldn't sell them, you don't get anywhere near what you paid for them and you'll kick yourself if they get buffed and become flavour of the month. I like dipping back into the lower tiers when the higher tier games become too stupid to endure. At least at lower tiers you expect stupidity, except strangely enough it seems like more experienced players also feel the same way and the battles later in the day are often inhabited by better players and can be a lot of fun.

nakkipeppu #7 Posted 08 June 2018 - 04:41 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30710 battles
  • [LGGF] LGGF

Play long enough, and you'll have more garage slots and credits than you know what to do with, and the only thing you can't get is those prems you sold years ago.

Pretty much only regret I have in this game is selling the russian stuart - I had no understanding of the concept of premium tanks at all (I just looked at it and its inferior stats to murican stuart) and I sold it right away thinking "wow, free garage slot". I dunno what I'd do with it, but the 20+ empty garage slots keep on reminding me of it.

Edited by nakkipeppu, 08 June 2018 - 04:42 PM.

StinkyStonky #8 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26971 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

Every now and then there are missions that require you to be #1 for XP or Damage on your team.  I find the Valentine II to be a good option for these missions (if they allow tier 4 tanks).  It also has extra special MM in that it is ALWAYS top tier.  The B2 is the same (I don't have it), so I wouldn't sell either of those.

Go ahead and sell them but I'd advise you sell them as and when needed.

Just looked at your stats.  The reason you are so short of cash is because you've rushed up the tiers and are performing poorly.

View Postsutlasthetanker, on 08 June 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

If I sell them, I'll get 1.2KK credits which could help me buy a tier 8 that I unlocked.

What for ?  Your highest WR at Tier 8 is in your IS-3 (a Powerful tier 8) and that is 47% with 600 damage per game.  Why punish yourself with another tier 8 ?

Use the lower tiers to get better.  You got a Mark of Excellence on your KV-1, why not try to get one on another tank before rushing up to the harsh world of tier 8 ?

Orkbert #9 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 25182 battles

Well, basically it boils down to a few questions:

-do I like to play that specific tank?

-do I like to play in the battle tiers of that premium tank?

-could I use it as a crew trainer for some mid/high tier tank?

If you can sincerely answer those three with no you can proceed to the next question:

-do I really need those credits and the garage slot right now?

If you can answer that one with yes then you can proceed to sell them, but you should keep in mind that it might be difficult to get them back.

That 'Vehicle recovery' thingie might or might not work. For me it shows nothing. Luckily those tanks I sold were not vehicles I would want to get back anyways, I merely checked for curiosity, but there are obviously some limitations on how that recovery works.

DuncaN_101 #10 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 52756 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
I never sell free bees from WG... Cuz it is not often they give you something for free. (I mean really for free)

PowJay #11 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34938 battles

STOP. Lets get a reality check here. You have just over 4K battles and you already have four tier VIII tanks. In case you had not noticed, you have a significant negative win rate in all of them.

Because I like my tier V tank destroyers (I currently own all but three of them iirc) and do well in them, I like to use them as a benchmark against other players. Let me say that I have higher average damage in nearly every one of my tier V TDs than you do in any of your tier VIII tanks.

You have/have owned four tier VII tanks as well. Have you noticed that you are terrible in them as well? Other than your GWP, your highest average tier VII damage is in the T25/2 and I have tier IV TDs with more damage than that.

You have seven tier VI tanks played and you only have a positive win rate in one. Your T-150 average damage is exceeded by many of my tier I and II tanks.

What I am trying to say is "what's the point?" STOP rushing the tiers. Settle down and learn the game. Selling exclusive Premium tanks to buy another tier VIII that you can't play is an utter waste of your time. Why do you play this way? I am not meaning to put you down, but more give you food for thought. You want to sell tanks that you can't possibly get again (in some cases) to buy another vehicle to lose with.

You may not be an ardent tank collector, and you might never play those tanks- that is up to you- but it is your reasoning that I find hard to comprehend. Why sell your house to buy a nice car that you can't drive is a silly, but apt, comparison.

DeadLecter #12 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19897 battles
anything below tier 6 earns so little xp that it would take decades to train decent crew in them. but if you are a collector thats a different story. Im not and never regretted selling them along with Stug IV which is pure PoS

Holdes #13 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18755 battles

Both Pz B2 and T29 are very good tier for tier. I would leave them in case you feel like seal clubbing every once in a while.8
The rest not so much, but if you sell them, you'll probably never see them again and may regret that. I regret I had sold the low tier tanks I once had .

Pro tip: any time there's a mission to win and / or place top xp/damage and tier 4 is allowed, I use Pz B2. Best way to do it :).

Edited by Holdes, 08 June 2018 - 05:47 PM.

Balc0ra #14 Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:59 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 64364 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

None of them are known to be great income machines vs even a normal tier 6 med you might do well in. And you can get what they are worth by playing and doing missions selling premium consumables etc.

They are still valid crew trainers. And always worth having around. As they train crew faster then anything else you have for that nation. Even if it's for a different class and you have to retrain. It's still better then staring with a 75% crew with no skills when you get your tier 8 to name one.

So I suspect you would regret if.. if you sell all of them. Sure you can buy them back within a time period. But getting that silver back and playing a tier 8 at the same time that needs a few 100K for modules... that's gonna take some doing. 

View PostDeadLecter, on 08 June 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

anything below tier 6 earns so little xp that it would take decades to train decent crew in them. but if you are a collector thats a different story. Im not and never regretted selling them along with Stug IV which is pure PoS

Still faster then a normal tank on mid tiers even. And with personal reserves and crew XP events. Even the Valentine can train rather fast. So don't underestimate them. As with all the Russian low tier premium lights I have now that has been gifted over the years. It took 3 daily runs on all of them to get a crew from 75% base to over 100% on the second skill. I had a 3 skilled crew for my T-54 lightweight in under a week with one round a day in them. As their use is only as good as you are in them. I have no issues getting 800+ XP in them, just as you can in a normal tier 6 or even a tier 8. And some high tiers with sub 100% base crew is a terrible idea on a stock tank for me to even consider it. And if low tier trainers is what you have. You would be a fool to ignore them. As even getting sub 500 xp pr game is still better then getting 900 on your tier 8 all the time. As they have 1.5x crew xp bonus on low tier too. 

Edited by Balc0ra, 08 June 2018 - 06:00 PM.

Element6_TheSprout #15 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:18 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29043 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Don't hold me accountable if it doesn't work on all tanks, but if you sell one you can often buy it back for credits in the garage store/depot. To go tanks category and select recover tanks.

DeadLecter #16 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 19897 battles

View PostBalc0ra, on 08 June 2018 - 08:29 PM, said:

None of them are known to be great income machines vs even a normal tier 6 med you might do well in. And you can get what they are worth by playing and doing missions selling premium consumables etc.

They are still valid crew trainers. And always worth having around. As they train crew faster then anything else you have for that nation. Even if it's for a different class and you have to retrain. It's still better then staring with a 75% crew with no skills when you get your tier 8 to name one.

So I suspect you would regret if.. if you sell all of them. Sure you can buy them back within a time period. But getting that silver back and playing a tier 8 at the same time that needs a few 100K for modules... that's gonna take some doing. 

Still faster then a normal tank on mid tiers even. And with personal reserves and crew XP events. Even the Valentine can train rather fast. So don't underestimate them. As with all the Russian low tier premium lights I have now that has been gifted over the years. It took 3 daily runs on all of them to get a crew from 75% base to over 100% on the second skill. I had a 3 skilled crew for my T-54 lightweight in under a week with one round a day in them. As their use is only as good as you are in them. I have no issues getting 800+ XP in them, just as you can in a normal tier 6 or even a tier 8. And some high tiers with sub 100% base crew is a terrible idea on a stock tank for me to even consider it. And if low tier trainers is what you have. You would be a fool to ignore them. As even getting sub 500 xp pr game is still better then getting 900 on your tier 8 all the time. As they have 1.5x crew xp bonus on low tier too. 

I had a couple of low tier prems but since I have higher tiers of the same class and nation I prefered to sell them and use my higher tanks for crew training. Plus I truely hate low tiers because of two reasons. 1) I like big guns so low classes with low HP and small guns arent appealing to me. 2) I hate it that battles end so fast. Usually they end in under 3 minutes and that's not fun for me at all. I prefer battles take longer

Btw it all comes down to the individual whether he likes to keep them or not. I don't

View PostElement6_TheSprout, on 08 June 2018 - 08:48 PM, said:

Don't hold me accountable if it doesn't work on all tanks, but if you sell one you can often buy it back for credits in the garage store/depot. To go tanks category and select recover tanks.

That can only be done for rare tanks and reward tanks. If you sell a normal premium tank which is always purchasable from the shop then you have only either 48 or 72 hours (I'm not sure which one is correct) to recover the vehicle but if it's either rare or a reward vehicle you can always recover them if you have played at least on battle in them and you sold it after patch 9.18 (again I'm not sure if I said it right)

Edited by DeadLecter, 08 June 2018 - 06:23 PM.

BravelyRanAway #17 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22370 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View Postaxell92108, on 08 June 2018 - 03:02 PM, said:

I've sold my Sexton I and apparently I can buy it back any time I want from the "Vehicle Recovery" page in the "Store" tab. So I think you can sell them

I thought there was a 2 month time limit.

tank276 #18 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:29 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 48872 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

View Postsutlasthetanker, on 08 June 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

I have B2, Stug IV, T-127, Valentine II, T-29 and MTLS-1G14 in my garage which I never play and they were all free, not paid for them.

Any chance I will regret selling them?

Well the stug IV maybe, you could keep for being a reward. The others keep if u r a collector or for the lolz.

Element6_TheSprout #19 Posted 08 June 2018 - 06:31 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29043 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostDeadLecter, on 08 June 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

That can only be done for rare tanks and reward tanks. If you sell a normal premium tank which is always purchasable from the shop then you have only either 48 or 72 hours (I'm not sure which one is correct) to recover the vehicle but if it's either rare or a reward vehicle you can always recover them if you have played at least on battle in them and you sold it after patch 9.18 (again I'm not sure if I said it right)

Ah, that is why the Toldi has been in the list for ages, and the Grosstraktor which I bought back recently.

Suurpolskija #20 Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO
I'd never sell. Garage slots are so cheap and 1,2M credits is NOTHING.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users