KV5 game fix fixing problem issues

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

banjoman150 #1 Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19987 battles
  • [ATK] ATK

Im a long term player and just like alot of you i feel like the  game has quite a few problems that kill my joy for the game.

I do not want to "crap" on WG simply because i dont think this is constructive

Here is a list of problems i see while playin the game.

1. Matchmaking
  2. Premium ammo
  3. Individual balance
  4. balance of tiers
  5. Dumbed down gameplay

For me points 2 to 4 are all interrelated. I will try to come up with sollutions down below

#1 : MM

-Doesnt need introduction really. The 3/5/7 MM made it even more rare to be toptier. It first tries to create a 3/5/7 game. Meaning 3 toptiers/ 5 midtiers and 7 bottomtiers.

This creates a scenario where nearly half of the team is fighting an uphill battle and since this is the Matchmakers favourite scenario its the most common too. Being bottom tier

is fine in moderation but with the current MM its the rule rather than the exeption. This is frustrating.

-  There are other scenarios like 5/10 and the singletier games but again as those are all inferior in the "matchmakers mind"  so they are rare.

Sollution: Change the Matchmakers favourite scenario to 5/10. This is much more balanced from a bottom tier point of view and would greatly easy the fustration one has when being bottom tier all the time.

Better yet make 3/5/7 the least favourite scenario because those games are the least enjoyable for a good portion of the teams.

#2-4

Short describtion: Premium ammo shits on armor --> armor of superheavies gets massive buff--> lowertiers suffer & premiumammo is now the only thing that can penetrate superheavies

Long describtion:

- As said above i think all those points are interrelated and need to be adressed as a whole. Premium ammo as it currently is in the game enables you to negate one majore balancing factor of the enemy tanks

with a push of a button. Tanks like the Type5 or MAUS are infamous for having increadible armor. It is very difficult to penetrate them. To ballance them correctly the rest of their characteristics are weaker.

Otherwise they would be overpowered. They are balanced around their good armor. And then the enemy simply negates the one advante by pressing a button.

This was the scenario up to a while ago. Then WG decided to rebalance all "superheavies" and greatly improve their armor. Lower tiers are now in a worse spot than ever when fighting toptiers with good armor.

Even same tier tanks have only a slim chance of penetrating without the use of premium ammo.

Sollution: I know its been suggested before but i will do so again... reduce the alpha damage of premium rounds compared to standard rounds. A 15-20% damage reduction would punish players who spam

premium ammo at everything that moves. It would also change premium ammo from being the be all end all option to simply an option as you would trade in DPM for more penetration while using it.

Of course superheavies would need to be nerfed in order to compensate for the reduced effectiveness of premium ammo. Preferably a nerf to its "surivability" characteristics...armor and health. While making

superheavies balanced against same tier opponents it would also easy the pain of lower tier tanks.

As an example of armor nerfs to compensate weaker premium ammo here is how i would "nerf" the MAUS and Type5:

MAUS gets its old 240mm of turret front armor back and the Type 5 gets a bit of its old shoulder weakspot back.

Hitpoints should also be reduced a bit.

Maus once had 240mm of frontal turret armor. It could be penetrated with standard ammo when the MAUS was looking at you so the playing had to angle the turret during reload. Standard ammo was an option. With reduced alpha on premium rounds and thus more standard rounds being used this would be a realistic and fun scenario again.

Now with its 260 frontal armor the vast majority of tanks have to resort to premium ammo when facing a MAUS. This lessens the skill needed to fight those tanks effectively as the most effective option is to

switch to premium ammo...

i much prefer the first scenario

Dumbed down gameplay.

Positioning plays a big role when playing the game. However recently and also not so recently there have been tanks added that dont care about position and armor. May that be because of

High explosive derbguns or super high penetration guns.

Namely the japanese toptier heavies Type 4 and Type5 and most recently the Object 268v4.

Type 4 and Type 5 are controversial tanks to say the least. Fighting against tanks that do damage no matter where they hit tanks to DERP is not ideal but its OK as long as said tank isnt an armored behemoth with superheavy armor.

Object 268v4.... The combination of good mobility with super good penetration and super good levels of armor make for a tank every idiot can and does do well in. Thanks to corridor maps there are very very few situations where the Object 268v4 isnt the right anwer to the problem. I wont rant about howOP it is because the nerf is already on the horizon. Lets see how it performs after the nerf ...

Sollution: remove the HE derpguns formt he japanese Type 4 and Type 5

Thanks for reading and have fun spewing insults at each other  with this civilized forum ...

panter22 #2 Posted 09 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15017 battles
WG will say thank you for your comment if you don t like ore game please send us 1 mil Euro and we will make your game fun again :medal:

DeadLecter #3 Posted 09 June 2018 - 05:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25036 battles
The first step is convincing WG the game has major issues. The very same people who said, for an entire year, that V4 is balanced. After a year they admitted to having gone too far with it

ThinGun #4 Posted 09 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35837 battles
I don't understand the premise.  If you don't enjoy something that thousands of people clearly do enjoy, why are you wanting it changed?  Why not go and find something you do enjoy and leave the game alone for those of us who like it the way it is?

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:25 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 52133 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

#1 = 3/5/7 is not that bad, and merely needs a few tweeks. Plenty of threads already exist about this.

#2-4 = Your wrong and your proposed solutions will not work. Again lots of threads about this. Essentially reducing prem ammo alpha reduces the dpm of lower tier tanks to deal with higher tier tanks making them even weaker. Ill thought out idea.

#5 = see Leggasiini's elegant solutions to this issue.

Next time before posting, try using the search function.

banjoman150 #6 Posted 09 June 2018 - 07:51 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19987 battles
  • [ATK] ATK

View PostThinGun, on 09 June 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

I don't understand the premise.  If you don't enjoy something that thousands of people clearly do enjoy, why are you wanting it changed?  Why not go and find something you do enjoy and leave the game alone for those of us who like it the way it is?

Because i do still enjoy playing the game for short amounts of time untill the frustration prevails ... WG should be worried about what drives experienced players away and what keeps new players from coming back. Im not saying everyone feels like i do but alot of people do. And no 3/5/7 in need of a few tweaks its in need of replacement. The argument that weaker premium ammo hits lowertier tanks as well is just that. An argument. Other people might think its worth it. Actually WoT Blitz does have reduced damage for premium ammo.

Spurtung #7 Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:13 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 65929 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostDeadLecter, on 09 June 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

The first step is convincing WG the game has major issues. The very same people who said, for an entire year, that V4 is balanced. After a year they admitted to having gone too far with it

A year? Do you even know when it was added to the game?

Edited by Spurtung, 10 June 2018 - 06:13 AM.

DeadLecter #8 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:38 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 25036 battles

View PostSpurtung, on 10 June 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

beginning of the year. add the test clients and super test and its almost a year

Zoggo_ #9 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28749 battles

View Postarthurwellsley, on 09 June 2018 - 06:25 PM, said:

#1 = 3/5/7 is not that bad, and merely needs a few tweeks. Plenty of threads already exist about this.

#2-4 = Your wrong and your proposed solutions will not work. Again lots of threads about this. Essentially reducing prem ammo alpha reduces the dpm of lower tier tanks to deal with higher tier tanks making them even weaker. Ill thought out idea.

#5 = see Leggasiini's elegant solutions to this issue.

Next time before posting, try using the search function.

3/5/7 is not that bad. Not that bad, it's bloody awful in it's current state, tier 8 is a totally miserable experience atm. By tweeks I hope you mean reversing the MM priority template so it goes 5/10 then 15 then lastly 3/57.

Arthur you normally write such constructive intelligent posts, I'm now convinced WG has hacked your account. :P

Bordhaw #10 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:58 AM

Major

• Player
  • 11978 battles

View Postbanjoman150, on 09 June 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Thanks for reading and have fun spewing insults at each other  with this civilized forum ...

You wasting your time. WG see no issues with the game because they leave it as is. You don;t work for WG and even if you did why would they listen to you or anyone. Just play the game or leave. 

RamRaid90 #11 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 22415 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG

View PostSpurtung, on 10 June 2018 - 05:13 AM, said:

It was first announced in September 2017 going to Supertest in October. It has been through Supertest twice, and was even buffed after the first one. Before making it through the common test and finally being introduced in 9.22.

They had plenty of time to admit it was too strong.

Edited by RamRaid90, 10 June 2018 - 12:06 PM.

ThinGun #12 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35837 battles

View Postbanjoman150, on 09 June 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

Because i do still enjoy playing the game for short amounts of time untill the frustration prevails ... WG should be worried about what drives experienced players away and what keeps new players from coming back. Im not saying everyone feels like i do but alot of people do. And no 3/5/7 in need of a few tweaks its in need of replacement. The argument that weaker premium ammo hits lowertier tanks as well is just that. An argument. Other people might think its worth it. Actually WoT Blitz does have reduced damage for premium ammo.

Why should WG care about experienced players?  Nothing is stopping new players joining (another thread revealed 30,000 new accounts opened last month).  
Bottom line here is, you have some personal issues with the game and you think everyone should go along with you.  Basically, you think you know better than the developers.  Which you might do, but almost certainly don't.

themadgunman #13 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:41 PM

Private

• Player
  • 14173 battles
Fix what major issues, the game is working as intended, everyones problem is that they think its intended to be a fair, balanced, competitive computer game, its not, its intended to make money, every single thread that cries and complains about MM, premium tanks, gold shells blabla is all pointless, ppl just cant understand the game isnt about the players its about their cold hard cash, sooner everyone accepts that the better it will be :D

Cannes76 #14 Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:54 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 68634 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

View PostThinGun, on 09 June 2018 - 06:01 PM, said:

What a ridiculous statement. We are all passionate about this game. Only natural that we want to make it as good as it can be.

Right now there are some serious balance issues that seem relatively easy to fix.

banjoman150 #15 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:54 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19987 battles
  • [ATK] ATK

View PostCannes76, on 10 June 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

What a ridiculous statement. We are all passionate about this game. Only natural that we want to make it as good as it can be.

Right now there are some serious balance issues that seem relatively easy to fix.

THIS!

superfly2000 #16 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:59 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 78020 battles
  • [SFLY] SFLY

The most pressing and mayor issue right now is that the chat and contact list doesn't seem to work...but no one cares...as long as they can press battle it seems.

About issue nr 5 it is actually the players who asked about this. They got what they wanted. One mayor thing that people didnt get was how increased accuracy would effect the game...the effect it had was almost vortually removing the need for a spotting system. Some of the longtime and dedicated players like me didn't like it but most did...so guess we are a minority here...

Edited by superfly2000, 10 June 2018 - 04:59 PM.

ThinGun #17 Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:11 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35837 battles

View PostCannes76, on 10 June 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Wow, so anyone who disagrees with you is 'ridiculous'.  Fair enough .. good luck with getting ANYTHING done in life with that sort of attitude.  Maybe things will get better when you're old enough to grow pubic hair.

Long_Range_Sniper #18 Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:27 PM

General

• Player
  • 33429 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostThinGun, on 10 June 2018 - 06:11 PM, said:

Wow, so anyone who disagrees with you is 'ridiculous'.  Fair enough .. good luck with getting ANYTHING done in life with that sort of attitude.  Maybe things will get better when you're old enough to grow pubic hair.

He actually said it was a ridiculous statement. He didn't say you were ridiculous.

I wouldn't use the adjective "ridiculous", but I recognise that depending on your perspective on the game and what you've invested in it, there will be varying degrees of passion about what you'd like to have changed.

You play only TD's on that account, and in terms of that you're an outlier as a consequence. That might mean that your perspective is going to be an outlier as well. Just as Darth_Clicker is going to have a different perspective to you (he's the arty version of you).

Veteran forumites already probably appreciate that WG's approach to the forum was set by SerB who I think called us a bunch of whiners. 

But if you read the update for the Bobject nerfs you'll see many issues that were commented on the forum, along with artillery being changed as well. Do WG listen to only the forum, of course not. But I know from chatting to WG staff that they do pass back feedback, so unless you disagree with what someone says I think it's perfectly valid for someone to think my statement on the game is [insert adjective].

ThinGun #19 Posted 10 June 2018 - 07:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35837 battles

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 10 June 2018 - 07:27 PM, said:

He actually said it was a ridiculous statement. He didn't say you were ridiculous.

I wouldn't use the adjective "ridiculous", but I recognise that depending on your perspective on the game and what you've invested in it, there will be varying degrees of passion about what you'd like to have changed.

You play only TD's on that account, and in terms of that you're an outlier as a consequence. That might mean that your perspective is going to be an outlier as well. Just as Darth_Clicker is going to have a different perspective to you (he's the arty version of you).

Veteran forumites already probably appreciate that WG's approach to the forum was set by SerB who I think called us a bunch of whiners. 

But if you read the update for the Bobject nerfs you'll see many issues that were commented on the forum, along with artillery being changed as well. Do WG listen to only the forum, of course not. But I know from chatting to WG staff that they do pass back feedback, so unless you disagree with what someone says I think it's perfectly valid for someone to think my statement on the game is [insert adjective].

Pfft.  Basically, the guy wants the game changed because it isn't the way he wants it.  Doesn't matter that he represents a tiny little minority of players ... everyone else needs to adjust to HIS requirements for the game.  And he thinks I'm ridiculous?

Look .. every time you disagree with me, you bring up my game style and preferences as some sort of reason why my opinion isn't valid.  Has it never occurred to you that actually ... you might also be in a minority too?  The vast majority of players aren't in some cliquey little clan, griping and whining about esoteric game mechanics, they're happily blasting enemy tanks to pieces.  Why do you, or anyone else, think that YOUR opinions are more valid than theirs?  They're happy, they're passionate about the game and ... oh ... they aren't Dingleberries, or they play TD .... so we can happily assume that they don't matter.

Now - you can go ahead an play your puerile deconstruction games with my posts - but it won't change the fact that a tiny group of people on this forum seem to think that their opinions are more worthy than the other 99% of the player base.  If you're happy with that, then there's not much more to say about it.

Long_Range_Sniper #20 Posted 10 June 2018 - 08:38 PM

General

• Player
  • 33429 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostThinGun, on 10 June 2018 - 06:59 PM, said:

Pfft.  Basically, the guy wants the game changed because it isn't the way he wants it.  Doesn't matter that he represents a tiny little minority of players ... everyone else needs to adjust to HIS requirements for the game.  And he thinks I'm ridiculous?

No, he said your statement was ridiculous. You've taken that twice now to state that you're a ridiculous person. Is that ridiculous?

Look .. every time you disagree with me, you bring up my game style and preferences as some sort of reason why my opinion isn't valid. 

Who said your opinion isn't valid? Certainly not me. Your opinion to Wargaming is no doubt as valid as mine. 

Has it never occurred to you that actually ... you might also be in a minority too?

Lol,........ a guy on the forum with a virtually full bar on my WoTlabs signature for playing arty, and you think I've no idea what it's like to be in a minority? :arta:

The vast majority of players aren't in some cliquey little clan, griping and whining about esoteric game mechanics, they're happily blasting enemy tanks to pieces.

Is there such a thing as a non-cliquey clan if you're not in that clan? Even the Dingers get accused of being cliquey and the last I checked their joining pre-requisite was a pulse?

Why do you, or anyone else, think that YOUR opinions are more valid than theirs?  

Was there something in my comment above that would indicate my opinion is more valid than yours to Wargaming? I simply outlined that we'll have different perspectives.  There's a saying about walking a mile in someone else's shoes to gain some perspective.

You seem to think that people who want the game changed are some sort of elitist, selfish, clique all part of some WoT masonic lodge?

Maybe they're just players who've generally played most of what the game has got to offer and as a consequence come to some sort of natural congruence?

Now - you can go ahead an play your puerile deconstruction games with my posts 

Like a devils advocate would do to generate some healthy debate?

But it won't change the fact that a tiny group of people on this forum seem to think that their opinions are more worthy than the other 99% of the player base.  If you're happy with that, then there's not much more to say about it.

I would say that if you like the game, then to have a "worthy" opinion at least be able to explain why you like it. If you don't like the game, then be able to explain to your fellow players why you don't like it.

As long as you can do that then your opinion is as valid as anyone's.

So why do you like the game as it is configured currently?

Also tagged with KV5, game, fix, fixing, problem, issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users