93 replies to this topic

Inappropriate_noob #81 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:55 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 17374 battles
  • [-UM] -UM

View PostLong_Range_Sniper, on 12 June 2018 - 06:45 PM, said:

Back on topic.

This is actually becoming a major issue for me, and one I can't understand why WG can't fix it. Remember the "T4NKYOU" code for fixing chat.

It's becoming the norm that I'll have a chat box flashing from someone, only to open the box and see no text. So you have to write back and say "say that again, chat bug". Chat also won't connect, or it takes for ages.

It's been going on for so long it's starting to make me think that WG really aren't investing developer time in the game any more, and that makes me think even more about spending cash on premium time/tanks. Irrespective of the fact that I see no reason to buy a tier VIII tank to be bottom tier 70% of the time.

Yeah i get the ghost mails too, such a shame as when someone actually bothers to message me I get all excited, imagine the disappointment lol

Simeon85 #82 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 1141 battles

View PostThinGun, on 12 June 2018 - 06:21 PM, said:

Exactly - my views have been dismissed because of (insert facile elitism here), 

lol.

So someone going for a job, if they are asked about their experience and knowledge that is relevant to the job, that is 'facile elitism' now?

:D

No one said you were crap or bad at the game, we said that you lack the experience in the broader areas of the game, particularly in the areas that the OP was discussing. That is simple fact evidenced by the tanks you have played, their class and their tier. 

It is also relevant to your 'opinion', and I use the broadest definition of the term, because someone basically shouting 'no' on a subject they know little about and giving no reasoning or explanation in support, is not really an opinion in the first place, certainly on a discussion forum. Most people generally say X, based on Y and Z, if you look at what the OP has said, that is pretty much what he has done, he stated he thought there were issues about the game, he then explained why he thought this.

You then basically came in, told him he was wrong, explained nothing as to why he was wrong (because of ignorance in this case) and then told him basically to get lost. 

And yet when people challenged you, both on this 'opinion' and your lack of knowledge and experience behind this 'opinion' you go all victim mode and throw in a whole load of hypocrisy to boot. 

Which basically equates to 4 pages of embarrassment for you, whereas if you'd acted like a normal person and actually explained why the OP was wrong in your opinion and added some reasoning we could have just got on with the actual topic.

Oh and you seem to think we have 'ganged up' on you, but this is not the case, I rarely agree with Jabster on anything, but you have acted like such an ars* and are so clearly wrong, that it was inevitable everyone else would disagree with you. 

Edited by Simeon85, 13 June 2018 - 09:09 AM.

jabster #83 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12754 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAxelfoley666, on 13 June 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

You are most welcome, have a good day.

Having considered it carefully I have decided that I seem to be missing the part where what I said in this thread is incorrect as I haven’t played the game for a month or so. Would you be so kind as to point out where that was in you post?

Axelfoley666 #84 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24575 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View Postjabster, on 13 June 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

Having considered it carefully I have decided that I seem to be missing the part where what I said in this thread is incorrect as I haven’t played the game for a month or so. Would you be so kind as to point out where that was in you post?

Nice try, Not taking the bait. I don't play world of forums.

jabster #85 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:16 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12754 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAxelfoley666, on 13 June 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

Nice try, Not taking the bait. I don't play world of forums.

Yet you felt the need to make a post with effectively zero content hoping to get a negative reaction. Fascinating stuff I must say.

Axelfoley666 #86 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24575 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View Postjabster, on 13 June 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

Yet you felt the need to make a post with effectively zero content hoping to get a negative reaction. Fascinating stuff I must say.

Working as intended.

jabster #87 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12754 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAxelfoley666, on 13 June 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Working as intended.

I’m presuming you mean WG’s version of working as intended. Oh and I must ask when you say good day to someone what do you actually think that means?

Axelfoley666 #88 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24575 battles
  • [TWD] TWD

View Postjabster, on 13 June 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

I’m presuming you mean WG’s version of working as intended. 

God! You live for this don't you?

View Postjabster, on 13 June 2018 - 08:24 AM, said:

Oh and I must ask when you say good day to someone what do you actually think that means?

What I think it means and what I intended it to mean is "have a good day (what ever that may be for you) and conversation over".

jabster #89 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12754 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostAxelfoley666, on 13 June 2018 - 08:31 AM, said:

God! You live for this don't you?

What I think it means and what I intended it to mean is "have a good day (what ever that may be for you) and conversation over".

Yet here you are multiple posts later. Strange that. Oh and here’s a hint for you, if you’re trying to get a negative reaction then please try and put at least some thought into it. Is it really that much to ask and good day to you.

Cannes76 #90 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 71177 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

View PostThinGun, on 10 June 2018 - 10:16 PM, said:

Apart from liking the way the game the way it is?  I'm not sure how to even answer that.  I log in every day and play the game - some days are great fun, some days are a grind.  Yin and yang.  If I didn't enjoy playing it, I would't play it.  Therefore I like it.

I'm not trying to persuade you to change your opinion.  Just wondering why you think it's acceptable to demand changes to a game when the majority of players seem happy, that's all.

I'm not saying you're wrong.  I'm not saying you're right.  I'm just questioning your entitlement.

And actually . yeah ... I know full well how democracies work.  I've been a political activist for longer than you've been alive.  As far as I'm concerned, a democracy is based on the premise of 'majority rule'.  Yeah, minorities can have their say - but as long as they remain in the minority, all they get to do is talk.  
However ... don't mistake WG for a democracy.  You might as well ask Apple to produce orange iPhones, or Microsoft to revert to Windows 3.11 - all your fine talk of democracy would be laughed out of the door.

For someone with so much life experience, you sure are juvenile.

banjoman150 #91 Posted 14 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20236 battles
  • [ATK] ATK

Reducing premiumround damage by 20% would not ruin small alpha tanks. You compared 190 vs 600.

I would say 240 vs 750 is equally bad. Also when talking about ISU damage one should also look at the lower amount of HP compared to other T8 tanks.

The 20% nerf was only meant for premium ammo damange.

The vague armor nerfs are meant to nerf the armor of tanks that currently are virtually immune to standard rounds (Type5...) to the point where standard rounds are atleast an option.

For example: Shoulders on Type5 nerf to 230mm and commanders hatch to 250mm effective. The tank would still be very well armored but attacking it from an angle you could target the shoulders with standard AP

As this requires more effort and skill i think it should be more effective than simply using premium rounds.

The same applies for the turretfront of MAUS. 260mm is already too much for alot of tanks and the slightest bit of angling makes it immune against sub 276 pen.  This makes the window of opportunity while shooting at the turret cheeks increadibly small. The result is that alot of players stomp the armor with premium rounds. Keeping the proposed armor changes (240 turretfront) in mind, reducing the alpha dmg of premium rounds by 20% would mean that "taking the easy route" was actually less effective than doing it the hard way.

Tier 8 tanks, with the exeption of T8 TDs, are absolutely useless against Type5 and MAUS. The proposed armor changes would allow them to support their team and do damage more consistently. T8 TDs could get away with using standard ammo.

It would do alot more than simply "extending the suffering" as it would actually punish unnessassary spam of heat rounds and in a duell of equal tier heavies the one who mindlessly spamms premium woulld probably lose providing the other tank is capable to penetrate the weakspots. Also have you run into T57 heavies spamming heat? Especially fun when its the first thing you encounter and then you have to make do with ~1600 less HP for the rest of the game.

Mindless premiumspam should be punished as far as aim concerned.

banjoman150 #92 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:32 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20236 battles
  • [ATK] ATK

@ThinGun:

Please do take this the wrong way because its absolutely meant like that. #sarcasm

You think "you" are in "the silent majority". But thats only because only a small percentage of people bother enough to go to the forum.

Statements like "superheavies are problematic because they can only be dealth with using premium ammo" facts ... atleast the part about its armor. Wether you think its a problem is entirely up to you.

But how would you know? You have maybe 2200 games in T8 tanks. Thats just the beginning of high tier gameplay and alot of issues that are defenetly present in tier 9 and 10 can only barely be experienced in T8.

Also your experience is limited to TD gameplay.

When a 12 year old tells you something about alemonies and the rents being too high you should question if he actually know what he is talking about.

Please do note that the 12 year old is only a metaphor of your experience within the game not you as a person.

I do enjoy the game as it is. But i try to look deeper and see if i can find things that keep this game from advancing past the "good" level to the "fantastic" level where it could be. Its about dismantling the games aspects looking for problems.

Its only a subjective opinion but if you keep looking in this forum you will find that posts very similar to mine pop up pretty often. So there is a considerable number of people who do have alteast similar ideas.

Thats something only few people bother to do. Is the game fun? yes If not lets look for another game. But im more persistant.

On another note i would like you to finnaly answer Long_Range_Snipers question. What do you like about the game? What makes you think that it does not need fixing?

Here are a few questions you may or may not take the time to answer. They are my interpretation of LR_Snipers question. Maybe he'll get something out of it if you anwer it

1. Do you like having to use premium ammo because your standard ammo is not capable enough?

2. Do you like being bottom tier more often since the new Matchmaking system got introduced?

3. Do you like imbalanced tanks that give other players a considerable advatage compared to the tanks you and your team have?

4. One queston i could ask is wether you like your heavies armor being nullified by premium spammers but since you dont play heavies thats pointless

5. Who will win the world cup 2018?

Gn8 dear sir

I'll be back (arnie voice)

banjoman150 #93 Posted 14 June 2018 - 09:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 20236 battles
  • [ATK] ATK

View PostAxelfoley666, on 13 June 2018 - 08:42 AM, said:

Perhaps you should play world of Tanks (12516 for quite a long time) instead of world of forums.

View Postjabster, on 13 June 2018 - 08:47 AM, said:

Thank you for your kind advice. I shall consider it carefully.

View PostAxelfoley666, on 13 June 2018 - 08:48 AM, said:

You are most welcome, have a good day.

Nice to see polite behavior in this forum.

Kind of unsettling and unreal but definitely welcome

ThinGun #94 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:56 PM

Major

• Player
  • 40435 battles
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO

View Postbanjoman150, on 14 June 2018 - 09:32 PM, said:

@ThinGun:

1. Do you like having to use premium ammo because your standard ammo is not capable enough?

2. Do you like being bottom tier more often since the new Matchmaking system got introduced?

3. Do you like imbalanced tanks that give other players a considerable advatage compared to the tanks you and your team have?

4. One queston i could ask is wether you like your heavies armor being nullified by premium spammers but since you dont play heavies thats pointless

5. Who will win the world cup 2018?

1. As I've always used premium ammo on a regular basis, this makes no difference to me.
2.  This actually doesn't happen to me - I'm actually top or mid tier more than I'm low, maybe because I don't play above T9?
3.  Not a problem for me - every time I face a monster, I will have one on my team in the next game.  It balances out, so it's not a concern.
4. Heavies should be banned.
5. Hopefully Tunisia as I have drawn them in the works' sweepstake.

Also tagged with KV5, game, fix, fixing, problem, issues

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users