Jump to content


COMET stock turret is Ungrindable


  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Brazilski #1 Posted 09 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7109 battles
  • 1,112
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

With the stock turret you have nothing that makes the Comet overall playable to begin: gun depression and mantlet armour is terrbile, no view range, comparatively slow reload. Most of all though, every 75mm HE shell that lands in the remote vicinity of your vehicle takes out your ammo rack and your gunner. But hey, luckily the MM consistently puts you against Tier IX heavies, and enemy artillery doesn't consider you a juicy free exp. target at all,.. 

 

I know tanks should not be judged stock, but that it to say we assume it is actually possible to get them out of their stock configuration.


Edited by Brazilski, 09 June 2018 - 02:59 PM.


ederfe #2 Posted 10 June 2018 - 06:03 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14763 battles
  • 241
  • Member since:
    01-13-2015

The usual solution to problems like yours is to free exp stuff. However the stock Comet and fully uppgraded Comet are not that far apart. Gun is the "same". Top mantlet doesnt block anything after the hd model. What you gain by uppgrading the tank is gun depression and 20 meters of viewrange.

 

 



Brazilski #3 Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7109 battles
  • 1,112
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postederfe, on 10 June 2018 - 06:03 AM, said:

The usual solution to problems like yours is to free exp stuff. However the stock Comet and fully uppgraded Comet are not that far apart. Gun is the "same". Top mantlet doesnt block anything after the hd model. What you gain by uppgrading the tank is gun depression and 20 meters of viewrange.

 

 

 

Hmmm,.. maybe equiping the proper equipment would help. What would you recommend?

 

I see a lot of people using Coated Optics on this one, but I'm thinking about Rammer+Stabs+Vents, to focus on this tank's one strongpoint (DPM).



captainpigg #4 Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 31170 battles
  • 823
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View PostBrazilski, on 12 June 2018 - 11:06 AM, said:

 

Hmmm,.. maybe equiping the proper equipment would help. What would you recommend?

 

I see a lot of people using Coated Optics on this one, but I'm thinking about Rammer+Stabs+Vents, to focus on this tank's one strongpoint (DPM).

 

No stick with Optics+Rammer+Vstabs, max view range is important to mediums that have no real armor like this one. 

Brazilski #5 Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:22 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7109 battles
  • 1,112
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postcaptainpigg, on 12 June 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

 

No stick with Optics+Rammer+Vstabs, max view range is important to mediums that have no real armor like this one. 

 

Makes sense, but are you not relying on other tanks to spot for you with this one, and isn't the gun accuracy too low for really long range engagements?

undutchable80 #6 Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:21 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7042 battles
  • 1,702
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View Postcaptainpigg, on 12 June 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

 

No stick with Optics+Rammer+Vstabs, max view range is important to mediums that have no real armor like this one.

 

View PostBrazilski, on 12 June 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

 

Makes sense, but are you not relying on other tanks to spot for you with this one, and isn't the gun accuracy too low for really long range engagements?

 

Optics, Vstab and Rammer is my layout too. My crew is almost 100% 3rd skill (BiA, individual skill and camo). I have played several times with 0-1 LTs on the team, and then I play more scout role since my VR is awesome and the camo holds up quite well. Sure you will miss a shot here and there, but I found long range engagaments to be fine that I dont miss the vents. Maybe when I have both Sit.Aw. & Recon maxed out, I might swap the Optics for Vents...

Brazilski #7 Posted 14 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7109 battles
  • 1,112
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View Postundutchable80, on 13 June 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

 

My crew is almost 100% 3rd skill (BiA, individual skill and camo). 

 

I still have to pick my first crew skill. I was thinking about BiA too, but I wasn't sure how good a choice it would be on the Comet, and how well it would carry over to the Centurion. I've heard some players pick BiA on every tank as their first crew skill, while others always go for role-specific skills first.



undutchable80 #8 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 7042 battles
  • 1,702
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014

View PostBrazilski, on 14 June 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

 

I still have to pick my first crew skill. I was thinking about BiA too, but I wasn't sure how good a choice it would be on the Comet, and how well it would carry over to the Centurion. I've heard some players pick BiA on every tank as their first crew skill, while others always go for role-specific skills first.

 

Depends on the tank for me when starting a crew on their first skill:

LTs: All camo & commander Sixth Sense, then role-specific & commander camo, once I am halfway through third skill I reset all to BiA, role-specific, and then generic (camo)

MTs: All camo or Repairs & commander Sixth Sense, then role-specific & commander camo / repair, once I am halfway through third skill I reset all to BiA, role-specific, and then generic (camo / repairs)

HTs: All repairs & commander Sixth Sense, then role-specific & commander repair, once I am halfway through third skill I reset all to BiA, role-specific, and then generic (repairs)

TDs: All camo & commander Sixth Sense, then role-specific & commander camo, once I am halfway through third skill I reset all to BiA, role-specific, and then generic (camo)


 

Then again, I generally train my crews in Tier 5/6 premium tanks, where some stuff matters less. Once you hit tier 7 (and sometimes in T6 alread) starting off with new crews can be a biger influence than in lower tiers. And I have bought the Cromwell B like 3 times already, since the 2nd and 3rd time you get the gold compensation & BiA crews included. Saves a lot of time.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users