Jump to content


Big problem with Game Center app for MAC

WGC client cant work

  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

William7_1 #1 Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2017

Haloo players,

can somebody give me suggestion how to start the game on MAC?

I had Game Center and works good but I thin 2 weeks ago WOT client updated automatically and after this update this client cannot start the game and always is crashing down. And I can't diagnostic it..

There is alert on my Mac is not optimised for my Mac. My Mac is only one year old ...

My Mac is powerful 64-bit etc...

Can somebody help my with this, any normal suggestion please.

 

Thank You for help.

 

Attached Files

  • Attached File   Snímka obrazovky 2018-05-25 o 19.58.45.png   764.37K
  • Attached File   Snímka obrazovky 2018-05-31 o 22.32.44.png   432.46K
  • Attached File   Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 07.19.19.png   1.13MB


Babbet_1 #2 Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:06 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9956 battles
  • 427
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015
Try deleting client and re-installing - worked for me! Good luck! 

William7_1 #3 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:31 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2017

View PostBabbet_1, on 09 June 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Try deleting client and re-installing - worked for me! Good luck! 

 

I Did it many times and does not work :-(

I made video and it is on my Drop BOX

https://www.dropbox....n5g3UU6gua?dl=0

If You have 2 min time to see it, please see it.

 

Thank You



nikolaink123 #4 Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:31 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20306 battles
  • 139
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

Step 1: Sell your Mac

Step 2: Use the money to buy an actually useful Windows PC

Step 3: Install WoT

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Stat pad a bit

Step 6: Profit



unhappy_bunny #5 Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:41 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17475 battles
  • 2,243
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View PostBabbet_1, on 09 June 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Try deleting client and re-installing - worked for me! Good luck! 

 

View PostWilliam7_1, on 10 June 2018 - 04:31 AM, said:

 

I Did it many times and does not work :-(

I made video and it is on my Drop BOX

https://www.dropbox....n5g3UU6gua?dl=0

If You have 2 min time to see it, please see it.

 

Thank You

 

I had a similar problem, and wish I could remember exactly how I solved it.

I contacted a techie at Codeweavers and was told to uninstall WoT, but in a certain way, which included going into a couple of system folder first and removing WoT related files, before uninstalling and then reinstalling WoT. 

 

See this link for some info.       https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-tanks/how-to-wipe-and-reset-world-of-tanks-mac

 

View Postnikolaink123, on 11 June 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

Step 1: Sell your Mac

Step 2: Use the money to buy an actually useful Windows PC

Step 3: Install WoT

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Stat pad a bit

Step 6: Profit

 

I suppose this is meant to be amusing. As they say "Little things please little minds".

A fellow player comes to the forum asking for help, and that is all you can do? Mock him. 

 


 

nikolaink123 #6 Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 20306 battles
  • 139
  • [3V] 3V
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 11 June 2018 - 01:47 AM, said:

 

I suppose this is meant to be amusing. As they say "Little things please little minds".

A fellow player comes to the forum asking for help, and that is all you can do? Mock him. 

 

 

Technically speaking i did give him a solution for his problem. 

captainpigg #7 Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:35 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30557 battles
  • 779
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View Postnikolaink123, on 11 June 2018 - 12:31 AM, said:

Step 1: Sell your Mac

Step 2: Use the money to buy an actually useful Windows PC

Step 3: Install WoT

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Stat pad a bit

Step 6: Profit

 

Sorry OP this ^^

 I don't understand why so many many people buy such overpriced, shoddily designed, poorly produced and incompatible hardware.

For a good laugh at Apple and their idiots customers go here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup



unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:12 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17475 battles
  • 2,243
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View Postnikolaink123, on 11 June 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

 

Technically speaking i did give him a solution for his problem. 

 

Thats like saying 

"i have a problem starting my Toyota Prius"

Answer to the problem, " buy a Ford with a pertol engine"

 

Its an alternative but not really a solution. 



unhappy_bunny #9 Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:20 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 17475 battles
  • 2,243
  • [-OC-] -OC-
  • Member since:
    08-01-2012

View Postcaptainpigg, on 11 June 2018 - 12:35 PM, said:

 

Sorry OP this ^^

 I don't understand why so many many people buy such overpriced, shoddily designed, poorly produced and incompatible hardware.

For a good laugh at Apple and their idiots customers go here.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rossmanngroup

 

And you have no idea why the OP has a Mac. 

They may be pricey, and when they go wrong they appear poorly designed, but they rarely go wrong, they dont need constant OS updates to fix bugs, they are more secure, they perform certain functions better than windows PC's, so they have thier place in the market. 

 

I have one that was used for business purposes, because Windows couldnt give the same functionality. I can play WoT on it. The graphics are good, the FPS is good, the game play is good. The only thing that my PC does better, is loading the game (SSD) and loading into battle/going back to garage after the battle. 

 

But hey, knock the guy because he uses something different to most players, and of course, because it is Apple. Wasnt so long ago that many people were knocking Microsoft and wanting anything that gave an alternative to MS's monopoly. 



captainpigg #10 Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30557 battles
  • 779
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 11 June 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

 

Thats like saying 

"i have a problem starting my Toyota Prius"

Answer to the problem, " buy a Ford with a pertol engine"

 

Its an alternative but not really a solution. 

 

Except he hasn't bought a Toyota Prius, he's bought a poorly built, poorly designed kit-car with terrible after sales service that only good point is that it's pretty.

captainpigg #11 Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 30557 battles
  • 779
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
  • Member since:
    02-22-2014

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 11 June 2018 - 12:20 PM, said:

 

And you have no idea why the OP has a Mac. 

They may be pricey, and when they go wrong they appear poorly designed, but they rarely go wrong, they dont need constant OS updates to fix bugs, they are more secure, they perform certain functions better than windows PC's, so they have thier place in the market. 

 

 

So, phone that bend or lose signal if you hold them normally are a feature then?

 

What can a Mac do better than an equivalently price Window/Linux PC?

Babbet_1 #12 Posted 11 June 2018 - 04:34 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9956 battles
  • 427
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 11 June 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

 

 

I had a similar problem, and wish I could remember exactly how I solved it.

I contacted a techie at Codeweavers and was told to uninstall WoT, but in a certain way, which included going into a couple of system folder first and removing WoT related files, before uninstalling and then reinstalling WoT. 

 

See this link for some info.       https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-tanks/how-to-wipe-and-reset-world-of-tanks-mac

 

 

This is the advice which I got from Codeweavers, with link to uninstall instructions on their website. In my case, the problem was solved by just deleting the WoT subfolder in Documents folder, without going in further to delete hidden files, but you may find it necessary to go the whole hog as it were - Good Luck!

"We have had a small number of users reporting this issue after updating to World of Tanks 1.0. but if you completely uninstall WoT https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-tanks/how-to-wipe-and-reset-world-of-tanks-mac and reinstall it that should fix this issue."


William7_1 #13 Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2017

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 11 June 2018 - 02:41 AM, said:

 

 

I had a similar problem, and wish I could remember exactly how I solved it.

I contacted a techie at Codeweavers and was told to uninstall WoT, but in a certain way, which included going into a couple of system folder first and removing WoT related files, before uninstalling and then reinstalling WoT. 

 

See this link for some info.       https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/tips/world-of-tanks/how-to-wipe-and-reset-world-of-tanks-mac

 

 

I suppose this is meant to be amusing. As they say "Little things please little minds".

A fellow player comes to the forum asking for help, and that is all you can do? Mock him. 

 


 

 

Great,, it works

 

Many thanks to You :)



William7_1 #14 Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:58 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2017

View Postnikolaink123, on 11 June 2018 - 01:31 AM, said:

Step 1: Sell your Mac

Step 2: Use the money to buy an actually useful Windows PC

Step 3: Install WoT

Step 4: ???

Step 5: Stat pad a bit

Step 6: Profit

 

 

 

 

From William:

Yes, that's the way but I use apple for my job.
I need a foolproof computer.
:-)


Edited by William7_1, 11 June 2018 - 10:07 PM.


William7_1 #15 Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2017

View Postcaptainpigg, on 11 June 2018 - 01:23 PM, said:

 

Except he hasn't bought a Toyota Prius, he's bought a poorly built, poorly designed kit-car with terrible after sales service that only good point is that it's pretty.

 

Toyota , :-)))). I have Mercedes SLK :-)))

William7_1 #16 Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2017

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 11 June 2018 - 01:20 PM, said:

 

And you have no idea why the OP has a Mac. 

They may be pricey, and when they go wrong they appear poorly designed, but they rarely go wrong, they dont need constant OS updates to fix bugs, they are more secure, they perform certain functions better than windows PC's, so they have thier place in the market. 

 

I have one that was used for business purposes, because Windows couldnt give the same functionality. I can play WoT on it. The graphics are good, the FPS is good, the game play is good. The only thing that my PC does better, is loading the game (SSD) and loading into battle/going back to garage after the battle. 

 

But hey, knock the guy because he uses something different to most players, and of course, because it is Apple. Wasnt so long ago that many people were knocking Microsoft and wanting anything that gave an alternative to MS's monopoly. 

 

Great answer...   

Mature answer from mature player. :)



Babbet_1 #17 Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:11 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9956 battles
  • 427
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-13-2015

View PostWilliam7_1, on 11 June 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

 

Great,, it works

 

Many thanks to You :)

 

Glad you got it sorted! Have fun!  :great:

Jbnn #18 Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:46 AM

    Moderator

  • Moderator
  • 9041 battles
  • 547
  • [WG_M] WG_M
  • Member since:
    05-23-2017
Moving thread to tech corner.

Hope you find solutions.

Have a nice day.


William7_1 #19 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:20 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1773 battles
  • 7
  • Member since:
    04-22-2017

View PostJbnn, on 12 June 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Moving thread to tech corner.

Hope you find solutions.

Have a nice day.

 

Good way.

 

only some players had not learnable answers but they must grow up to be adult. 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users