Getting real bored of deserters

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Ciqala #1 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:19 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 25489 battles

First three games today and I get in each one.

"GG we lose bye"

xx984 #2 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51480 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

Which is a good thing, no?

People like that you have a better chance of winning without, all they will do, is complain most of the game, piss everyone off, have a negative affect on how everyone preforms etc, You're better off one player down. 

Jigabachi #3 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Report them and ask the team to do the same. After the match, start a chat and try to educate them as to why they are morons.
Optional: Send screenshot to support.

btw: Ban all mods that display ingame stats.

Edited by Jigabachi, 10 June 2018 - 10:29 AM.

xx984 #4 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51480 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostJigabachi, on 10 June 2018 - 09:29 AM, said:

btw: Ban all mods that display ingame stats.

Not really. Most of these people that say that, Which i have come across do not even have XVM, as XVM lets you see other people who are using it.

Getting rid of mods like this wont solve the problem, Will just piss the people who use it properly off, Like me. I use it mainly to track my personal progress, And use it as a very basic way of me to judge if i can trust a team mate or not.

Sure sometimes in teamspeak i may joke about someone with questionable stats, but not in game chat, and most people who use XVM don't write Edited like that in game. 

You will always have Edited like that, with or without XVM or any stat mod

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to swearing. 

Edited by VMX, 10 June 2018 - 04:59 PM.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17846 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
It's not only that it creates lots of toxicity, it's also a cheatmod that gives you quite the unfair advantage. Two reasons why we need to get rid of that.
But, as always, I'm just talking about the ingame stats, everything else is ok.
I would probably use the session stats for the garage, too.

xx984 #6 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 51480 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostJigabachi, on 10 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

It's not only that it creates lots of toxicity, it's also a cheatmod that gives you quite the unfair advantage. Two reasons why we need to get rid of that.
But, as always, I'm just talking about the ingame stats, everything else is ok.
I would probably use the session stats for the garage, too.

I don't really see how it is a cheat mod, in regards to in game stats which i assume is what you are referring to, It's only a very basic understanding, as i said in my previous post. More often than not people play higher and better than what it suggests so if you make a decision based 100% on that, then it never usually works out. That's just my opinion on it anyway. It's not perfect and could do with some changes but i don't think its as bad as people think.

jack_timber #7 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31636 battles

Let them desert good riddance I say...

Now as long as they don't just YOLO or drown but leave their tank where it can at least do some spotting, in green base is ok by me.

Bordhaw #8 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:55 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 9941 battles

View PostCiqala, on 10 June 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

First three games today and I get in each one.

"GG we lose bye"

I guess people cannot stand constant 3/5/7 +2MM 30% win chance battles all day. 

Dorander #9 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:09 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17854 battles

If you want to know who the deserters are, a forumite recently made a thread where they've been confessing to their actions :justwait:

There's an anti-deserting system in place, people who do it consistently get punished. Nothing you can do against somebody who alt-tabs and watches a few flicks on Youtube though. The stupid thing is that the one thing that causes you to lose, is not doing the things required to win, so these people are frequently the cause of the loss. Had a game yesterday where we were doing pretty well, I booped and got myself killed by the enemy's chief camper (a redline camping TD), and then I noticed that a Sheridan had decided that sitting in a bush near our base had been the best idea. Just for the record it was a 3-5-7 match on Fisherman's bay, hardly a situation where a tier X light tank is useless.

Rozbrus #10 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8704 battles

View PostBordhaw, on 10 June 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

This, I can manage two or three games as a low tier. But six in a row? I can understand the frustration. You can blame WG and their pos called match maker.

Blubba #11 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:21 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51976 battles

View Postxx984, on 10 June 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

I don't really see how it is a cheat mod, in regards to in game stats which i assume is what you are referring to, It's only a very basic understanding, as i said in my previous post. More often than not people play higher and better than what it suggests so if you make a decision based 100% on that, then it never usually works out. That's just my opinion on it anyway. It's not perfect and could do with some changes but i don't think its as bad as people think.

Fair enough. How do you feel about XVM focused fire?

Are you guilty of it?

I am not suggesting that you are.

Do you think it's right you should know your opposing teams weaknesses and strengths?

Do you think there is a benefit from not knowing that kind of information?

XxKuzkina_MatxX #12 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:21 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45697 battles

View PostDorander, on 10 June 2018 - 12:09 PM, said:

If you want to know who the deserters are, a forumite recently made a thread where they've been confessing to their actions :justwait:

There's an anti-deserting system in place, people who do it consistently get punished. Nothing you can do against somebody who alt-tabs and watches a few flicks on Youtube though. The stupid thing is that the one thing that causes you to lose, is not doing the things required to win, so these people are frequently the cause of the loss. Had a game yesterday where we were doing pretty well, I booped and got myself killed by the enemy's chief camper (a redline camping TD), and then I noticed that a Sheridan had decided that sitting in a bush near our base had been the best idea. Just for the record it was a 3-5-7 match on Fisherman's bay, hardly a situation where a tier X light tank is useless.

Not really. They're a contributing factor to a defeat, they deny their team any help, they deny themselves XP and damage which is stupid but they are not "the" cause of defeat. So much space in WOT to win without 3 or 4 bots/suicides/defeatists/campers in a team of 15. Core problems are team positioning and top tier performance.

Erwin_Von_Braun #13 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 36542 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postxx984, on 10 June 2018 - 09:24 AM, said:

Which is a good thing, no?

People like that you have a better chance of winning without, all they will do, is complain most of the game, piss everyone off, have a negative affect on how everyone preforms etc, You're better off one player down.

So, being one or two men down at the start of the game is better than having them there as cannon-fodder?

Chull #14 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 31674 battles

Dear OP,

I get fed up of people whining about arty, 3/5/7 mm, +-2 mm, xvm, deserters, gold ammo, OP tanks, UP tanks, Russian bias, cheats, tomatoes, bots and it got boring years ago.

It's a game, it's meant to be fun and not taken seriously, I mean it's got +-25% RNG which is why mentioning e sports and WoT together is such comedy.

I'm also fed up of people saying "report it". Ffs have you not realized in-game reporting does absolutely nothing? and your opinion, good or bad, is not wanted by the devs.

Yes I'm at work on overtime and I'm bored, think I covered it all, feeling better now, enjoy the rest of your day.

Edited by Chull, 10 June 2018 - 12:37 PM.

xx984 #15 Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:48 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51480 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostBlubba, on 10 June 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

Fair enough. How do you feel about XVM focused fire?

Are you guilty of it?

I am not suggesting that you are.

Do you think it's right you should know your opposing teams weaknesses and strengths?

Do you think there is a benefit from not knowing that kind of information?

It depends. If there is two people next to each other, same HP, same tank. It makes sense to shoot the better player. 

It starts to be a problem when say there is a player who is worse in the open and could easily be penned, killed or whatever, and instead people hold their fire and wait for a statistically good player to come out or something. Obviously you can never tell if its 100% that, but its rather obvious sometimes. I've had arty hold their fire for up to 3 mins, not shooting anyone, second i get spotted he fires instantly at me, stuff like that.

As i said in another post, you can never tell how good the opposing team is just on XVM in battle stats, alot of players have 'bad' stats but their recents are much better, so if you base a play 100% of their XVM stats it usually doesn't go well. 

Enforcer1975 #16 Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 19022 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBordhaw, on 10 June 2018 - 10:55 AM, said:

View PostRozbrus, on 10 June 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

This, I can manage two or three games as a low tier. But six in a row? I can understand the frustration. You can blame WG and their pos called match maker.

It's not even really the 3-5-7 or bottom tier.

If you play 5 games and lose all of them because almost the entire team bunches up in one map square and does nil despite having the enemy in their face one is bound to become very very frustrated. 

xx984 #17 Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 51480 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 10 June 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

So, being one or two men down at the start of the game is better than having them there as cannon-fodder?

Well you cant have them as cannon-fodder because they quit at the start.. 

Matcorr #18 Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22746 battles
Well you know when 3 tanks on your team have died in the first minute it's probably a loss. I had a game last night where 4/5 top tiers (I was the last survivor) were the first to die.

Blubba #19 Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 51976 battles

View Postxx984, on 10 June 2018 - 11:48 AM, said:

It depends. If there is two people next to each other, same HP, same tank. It makes sense to shoot the better player.

It starts to be a problem when say there is a player who is worse in the open and could easily be penned, killed or whatever, and instead people hold their fire and wait for a statistically good player to come out or something. Obviously you can never tell if its 100% that, but its rather obvious sometimes. I've had arty hold their fire for up to 3 mins, not shooting anyone, second i get spotted he fires instantly at me, stuff like that.

As i said in another post, you can never tell how good the opposing team is just on XVM in battle stats, alot of players have 'bad' stats but their recents are much better, so if you base a play 100% of their XVM stats it usually doesn't go well.

Sorry xx. Can I ask you to be a little more specific?

I assume by your answer that you do focus fire, if only when you see two similar tanks side by side etc.

Do you think that's a good thing then?

Do you think it's a good thing to know your opposing teams strengths and weaknesses?

Do you think there's a bigger benefit to gameplay knowing this information?

DracheimFlug #20 Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8956 battles

View Postxx984, on 10 June 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

This is the theory, but is there any actual evidence that happens?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users