TOP 5 things Wargaming has wrong in WoT

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Dakado24 #1 Posted 10 June 2018 - 02:59 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 16857 battles
  • [9-TD] 9-TD

1. Low tiers are currently made with 0 armor, which is a good thing, because new players do not understand how to penetrate a tank, however, they should not be balanced by very poor acuraccy, it is just way too frustrating, hitting 1 out of 10 shots its not fun. By balanced I mean, if they would have a good acuraccy in the current state, battles would be finished in 40 seconds, because of low HP of those tanks, to prevent that WG made low tiers very inaccurate. Instead it should be balanced by one of the two: a) increase HP of low tier tanks, so they can take more shots, and newbies will be happy hitting more shots and not dying that quickly, or b) lower the alpha damage of the current guns. Both cases would include overall acuraccy buff. This might potentionally bring new players to the game.

2. Remove 50% and 75% crew options, you Wargaming, you say that you want to have fair and balanced game for everybody, even if your matchmaker puts exactly the same tanks into the battle, imagine one team having 50% and the other one 100% crew, who do you think will win ? Instead of 50% you should put 100% crew for free, instead of 75% put 50% of the first skill and instead of 200 gold 100% crew, make it crew with one skill. Done, you have solution how to balance your crew. Giving 1 crew skill for gold, is not that much p2w as getting 100% crew instead of 50% crew, because it does not affect reload time, mobility etc..

3. Free experience. Converting exp from premium tanks should be free or done with credits, you have to buy very expensive premium tanks (same price as AAA game titles) and what do you do with excessive amount of exp grinded on it ? You just have to pay even more if you want to use it, yes of course you can use it for crew training but thats about it.

4. "Arty prevents camping" - this could say only someone who has never played a single high tier game, when there is no arty, the game is fast, heavies are pushing, meds are rolling around the map, everything is ok, once there are 3 arty, everyone is camping behind afraid of getting spotted, because as soon as you get spotted, you lose 40-50% of your HP, is this fun ? I do not think so. So arty is definitely not preventing camping, it just makes people camp even more. Arty would be fine, but max 1 per each team, I completely understand that this would highly increase the queue times for arty players, but who cares, there are no premium T8 arty, this means no milk for wargaming so why to care about this.

5. Balancing tanks like 268 v4, yes, this tank is receiving nerf, but will it really help ? To be fair, no. To understand why is certain tank OP you have to consider mainly gun, armor and mobility, so for example, we have tanks like Badger or Jg Pz E100, they are both very well armored, but they lack the speed, sure they are annoying to deal with, but they are balanced by bad mobility, then we have tanks like Grille 15, it has very good mobility for a TD, but paper armor, so its fine, the problem with 268 v4 is not its gun, which WG wants to nerf, the problem is the combination of better armor then any other TD and mobility better than most mediums... Like why it has better armor then a badger or Jg Pz E100? It should go 15 km/h then...

What will happen after the "nerf" of 268 v4 ? They will simply make 268 v4 annoying to play and also annoying to play againts. They just need to nerf its speed to like 35 km/h and nerf the lower plate armor and it would be ok.

About 2. and 3.: I AM NOT ASKING FOR FREE STUFF, THIS IS JUST HOW TO MAKE THIS GAME LESS P2W, I HAVE INVESTED ALREADY WAY TOO MUCH INTO THE GAME SO DO NOT TELL ME I AM ASKING FOR FREE STUFF! BETTER TRY TO PUT 50% CREW INTO YOUR TIER 10 TANKS.

Edited by Jbnn, 11 June 2018 - 08:18 AM.
Use of red color

Babbet_1 #2 Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10554 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

How's about we just throw this game out of the window, and let you free to design a new one, straight off the drawing board?

How would that suit you?  :great:

Hedgehog1963 #3 Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50900 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
All those requests for free stuff.  It's hilarious.

Dorander #4 Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:15 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

Point 1 I agree with, low tier gameplay currently is like flyswatting, one solid hit and it's over.

Points 2-3 are really uninteresting 'cause you're basically asking for free stuff.

Points 4 is unjustified, another artywhine based on anecdotal "evidence". Your experiences don't match mine at all, the difference between a high tier battle with and without arty is that with arty people camp behind solid objects, without arty people camp everywhere they can turn their tank invulnerable. Battles are in my experience in fact slower, not faster, because people don't want to leave their perfect spot and instead wait for the enemy to move like a high tier staring contest.

Point 5 is just flat out weird, because I looked at the message about the test server yesterday, the Object 268v4 is losing top speed, acceleration, LFP armour, cupola armour, and get increased dispersion values from moving (though I am not good enough with mathematics/mechanics to know the full implication of that last one). So it's getting nerfed in mobility, mobility, armour, armour and gun... exactly the things you said needed nerfing.

Jigabachi #5 Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17858 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

1. Lowtiers are completely unplayable anyway due to the ridiculous amount of one- or two-shot-guns and autoloaders. 

2.+3. Gib me free stuffs! No... really. Crews are a major balancing issue indeed, but there are other options.

4. Arty needs further rebalancing, agreed.

5. The balance is going down the drain in general.

And those are really your TOP FIVE points?

DracheimFlug #6 Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:53 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles
I agree that the 50% crews should go. Increase the price of the tank if there is really a 'free stuff' issue, but no one should be using 50% crews. They are absolutely horrid. 

NoobySkooby #7 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10793 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

We are sick of the whines and whinges in this forum, no one cares, so get over it......

or at least until we have our own whinges and whines:trollface:

Spurtung #8 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:11 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostDakado24, on 10 June 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

3. Free experience. Converting exp from premium tanks should be free or done with credits, you have to buy very expensive premium tanks (same price as AAA game titles) and what do you do with excessive amount of exp grinded on it ? You just have to pay even more if you want to use it, yes of course you can use it for crew training but thats about it.

You don't need a single premium (or reward) tank to accumulate elite XP.

pudelikael #9 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 18927 battles
  • [EESTI] EESTI

MM manipulates the player by making the game unequal. One player gets 50% more rng than the other. One player shoots gold, the other does not shoot. 

Wot is the world's most brain-free game. You can play this game and accept the sick inequality or delete the game and play fair games.

Suurpolskija #10 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

I agree with the crew part. I've had already 2 recruits that were interested in this game but put out by the horrible difference between player crews and that accuracy. And yes, they were platooning with me without the newb protection but then again, they DID start the game to play with friends (me included).

And those who don't think it's a big issue, try starting the game without any credits, always using it all to get a new tank or whatnot, doing it all with a shitty crew. It sure isn't easy and far from fun. Some people just don't like the idea of playing 500 games with non-premium account and non-premium tanks to have one tank on an even ground with the competition. I've tried playing tanks with my friends account and at least for me it was damn hard. No view range, horrible accuracy, no rammers and all that.

And yes, for both of them I suggested premium time and at least one premium tank from the start, but they first wanted to see if they like the game. Well, they didn't. FML.

Dorander #11 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:35 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostSuurpolskija, on 10 June 2018 - 03:31 PM, said:

And those who don't think it's a big issue, try starting the game without any credits

Isn't that how we all started out?

I vividly remember selling some low tier free premium I got during my early account days to fund my first 75% crew. Perhaps suggests your friends start a bit before Christmas?

Of course the idea of the low tiers is that *everyone* has this problem, barring experienced players who come there to sealclub. And while that definitely happens, it's usually just 1-2 players out of the 30 in the match.

Suurpolskija #12 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

View PostDorander, on 10 June 2018 - 05:35 PM, said:

Isn't that how we all started out?

Sure it is, but if the playerbase really is getting smaller, this surely is one way to make starting this game easier. It's not like this game hasn't got enough moneygrabs as it is, even if we'd give 100% crews for starting players. Or even 80%.

Dakado24 #13 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 16857 battles
  • [9-TD] 9-TD

View PostHedgehog1963, on 10 June 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

All those requests for free stuff.  It's hilarious.

I am not, read the edit.

Dakado24 #14 Posted 10 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 16857 battles
  • [9-TD] 9-TD

View PostSpurtung, on 10 June 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

I am talking only about the premium elite exp case.

Dakado24 #15 Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:01 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 16857 battles
  • [9-TD] 9-TD

View PostBabbet_1, on 10 June 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

How's about we just throw this game out of the window, and let you free to design a new one, straight off the drawing board?

How would that suit you?  :great:

It would suit me perfectly, I am a back-end developer. Btw player like you with 300 WN8 should be banned at least from the forums, cause not only you have 0 idea about the game, you also has 0 idea what you write about on this forums.

Edited by Dakado24, 10 June 2018 - 05:06 PM.

Spurtung #16 Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:04 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostDakado24, on 10 June 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 10 June 2018 - 04:11 PM, said:

The actual name for that is "cherry-picking to fit my narrative".

Dakado24 #17 Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:13 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 16857 battles
  • [9-TD] 9-TD

View PostSpurtung, on 10 June 2018 - 05:04 PM, said:

What da f you smoking my bro ? I was talking about premium tanks, for some reason you joined and started talking about elite exp on elite status tanks, I think you are a bit confused.

Rati_Festa #18 Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 41437 battles
OP is right about lower tiers it doesnt resemble higher tier play at all. Other than map knowledge and basic controls of the tank it isnt really preparing new players for higher tier games.

The low tier tanks are to fragile and games are to frantic because of it.

General_McMuschi #19 Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:16 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21501 battles

Top 5 things WG need to fix in WoT:

1. SERVERS. Servers just going down and crashing without it even being announced is unprofessional and should never ever happen. WG, It's not like you cannot afford better more reliable servers.

2. PLAYER SUPPORT. When we submit a ticket and ask for support, we aren't doing it to get automatic reply from bot. We do it to get help. It's your job to help us with our issues, yet you never do it.

3. APPRECIATE YOUR COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTORS - They play the game more than developers, and they are connected to the rest of the players. They are your eyes and ears but you never ever listen to them, WG. They promote and sell your product and teach people about your game, but you treat them like trash.

4. STOP LYING TO US - When you say you're going to do something, do it (and do it on time, not 2 years too late). When you say you're not going to sell a tank ever again, stick to it (E25, Mutant). When you make a mistake, be honest about it and don't blame poor preferential tier 8 tanks for it.

5. QUALITY OVER QUANTITY - it is important that what's implemented in the game works properly as it should (no bushes that are a lie, no matchmaking that is bad for almost everyone, no glitches and bugs and mistakes in coding and design, no broken vehicles and broken map locations...). That is more important than to add more and more (premium) tanks. I'd rather play on 20 good maps, have 5 tank nations that are unique, balanced and interesting - than to have 40 maps with half of them just being bad/unfair, and 10 nations with so many unbalanced tanks.

Spurtung #20 Posted 10 June 2018 - 05:24 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 61586 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostDakado24, on 10 June 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 10 June 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

View PostDakado24, on 10 June 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostSpurtung, on 10 June 2018 - 06:04 PM, said:

View PostDakado24, on 10 June 2018 - 06:13 PM, said:

What da f you smoking my bro ? I was talking about premium tanks, for some reason you joined and started talking about elite exp on elite status tanks, I think you are a bit confused.

No, I'm not confused and no, you weren't talking about premium tanks. You were talking about free XP and picked premium tanks to illustrate that because it suited your little story, that since people already spend money on premium tanks, then it should be free to convert that XP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users