• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

NoPoet406 #1 Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 2404 battles
  • [USAW] USAW

Greetings all!

There are plenty of threads trashing bad tanks. Most of us will agree there are some serious sheds lurking among the tech trees, poor unloved failures which should be wiped from the universe by God. I'm going to nominate what I believe is one of the worst tanks in the game, explain why, then the next person to reply must find as many ways (however desperate) to defend this abomination as they can. Super-brownie points are awarded to those who actually make people think about playing these wretched tanks again. After defending a tank, you must then nominate a tank you hate for the next person to defend.

You don't have to immediately rush for the nightmare tanks like the CGC; be creative.

I'm going to start with one that wouldn't be everyone's first choice, but which I know for a fact is hated by the masses.

I nominate the British Tier 5 Medium tank, the Crusader, for the following crimes against Mankind:

* Having a ridiculously confused role - it's too big and slow to be a light, too weakly armed and armoured to be a medium. It is, however, a fantastic sniper. Anyone need a 75-damage sniper to take out that IS platoon?

* Prepare your anus - enjoy firing continuously on your ignorant and unmoving target as you pray that you'll score ten penetrating, full-damage hits in a row, because if you don't, you die.

* Having a crap gun selection compared to the Covenanter, Cruiser IV and even Cruiser III. They all get Pom-Poms and/or Bofors but the Crusader doesn't, meaning the Crusader effectively has REDUCED firepower while facing up to tier 7.

* I one-marked it when my WN8 was 300 which says something about how good/popular this thing is.

If this tank had a song, it would be Friday by Rebecca Black, as it has many difficult decisions ahead, and you will dread playing on Saturdays.

DaniulSims #2 Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 9124 battles
  • [WRECK] WRECK

I actually am enjoying the Crusader atm, the gun is nice and the speed coupled with the tiny turret and -10 gun depression on the sides makes up for some good fun.

Now, my pick is the Matilda. Hear me out: it is indeed a KV1 at tier 4 as far as armor goes, but how menacing is a KV1 truly now, with all the derps, the japanese heavies and the general culture of firing gold after the 2nd non penetrating shot in a row? The Matilda is the same, just a tier lower, far slower, frustratingly so in fact, with a gun that isn't quite as menacing (altho would be exquisite on a fast platform) and on the same playing field as the Hetzer.

Not only that, but the criminally slow mobility of the tank makes it useless in plenty of the tier IV battles, especially if your team is winning, because at least if you are on the loosing side you could work as a bunker of sorts, stopping an advance or something. But then arta's gonna stick some explosive matter up into the end of your digestive system. 

It is true that there is definitely worse stuff at tier 4 (Duck tank, french tanks, arguably for some T28, albeit I enjoyed that one), but those more often than not end up being fun, at least for me (especially stuff such as the french tanks), while the Matilda just seems overhyped, even aknowledging it is not my kind of tank.

Oh, it also leads onto the Churchills.

MeNoobTank #3 Posted 10 June 2018 - 09:49 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 9447 battles

Convince me that 110 is a decent tank to play:

it has big profile so rare ocasions when somebody miss the shot on you

it has very painfull grind with the 175 pen potato gun that has RNG fixed by WG to miss all the shots.

The fully uped tank is still very bad, the top gun is Tier 7 level gun with low pen, bad aim time, bad dmg per shot, bad everything...

the armor on paper should be good but is not, you are auto-aim for almost any tier 8 and up with a decent gun.

Is slug slow level of mobility and can't sidescrape nor reverse sidescrape coz of weak sides, can't go hull down because of the turret weakspots. What role have this tank in the game ? Free XP material for WG ?

Edit: Sorry, I am not sure how to defend Matilda because is indeed a bad tank that I don't enjoy but I am really curious to see how somebody can defend 110. Well atleast Matilda reloads really fast ? and has decent armor for tier 4..is by far not the worst at that tier but still not my style.

Edited by MeNoobTank, 10 June 2018 - 09:56 PM.

Balc0ra #4 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:11 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63409 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

View PostNoPoet406, on 10 June 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

I nominate the British Tier 5 Medium tank, the Crusader, for the following crimes against Mankind:

Still not a fan of it are you? I remember your other topic about it, trying to learn to love it. It's not the good tank it once was as a light. But it's still a capable bully med. 

Most of its stats are in the middle of the range. But DPM is only beaten by the 57mm's on the T-34 and the Type T-34. But it has a low profile, great ground resistance stats, high power to weight for a tier 5 med, but lower top speed. But combine all that. Close the distance, circle and auto aim. It eats targets up fast. Its style is on pair with the Ram II. With a lower profile. And tbh I love it due to it. 

View PostNoPoet406, on 10 June 2018 - 09:36 PM, said:

* I one-marked it when my WN8 was 300 which says something about how good/popular this thing is.

It's not a popular tank. Or a tank you see often. So I noticed the low mark demands are easier then most tier 5's. It's def my 3rd easiest 3 MOE tank. Chaffee is def the #1 easiest 3 MOE tho. 

And if I had to put up something I owned or played atm. I would say the AMX T65. Terrible top turret that bounced nothing. Top speed is half of the listed speed, and it even takes 5 years to get that one going. It's slower then a Lowe with a dead driver on soft terrain. Gun pen is nice, but you missed even shooting at the broad side of a barn... standing inside the barn way too many times. 

NoobySkooby #5 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8334 battles

I nominate the TOG, and I am aware i may get some abuse for that, lol. the tank is quite useless...

But I still love to take mine out:trollface:

Dorander #6 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:45 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View PostNoobySkooby, on 10 June 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

I nominate the TOG, and I am aware i may get some abuse for that, lol. the tank is quite useless...

But I still love to take mine out:trollface:

What guy doesn't love to whip out his big fat slug?

Having decided to cave and go Russian, I have recently discovered that I really cannot stand the KV-13. Can ANYONE explain to me what this tank has going for it? Especially its atrocious aimtime does my head in. It makes the Konstrukta 34/100 feel useful, which is probably the only thing THAT tank has going for it: it's not a KV-13.

CptBarney #7 Posted 10 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 18996 battles
  • [-WR--] -WR--

Never played it but i played the tier 7. The panther 2 is pretty poor in almost every respect and the worst tier 8 tank in the game thats grindable.

The T-34-2 is equally as bad but smaller profile and a good turret means it can do somewhat more than the panther 2.

buff these bloody tanks.

PowJay #8 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:06 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34381 battles

The Crusader as a light tank

Not played so much as a medium. Three MoE as a LT.

So now it is my turn.

Archer.

Tier V TD based on the horrendous Valentine. This means slow forward, PAINFUL in reverse, but here's the thing- it's driven BACKWARDS. AAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Well, that means getting into trouble slower than getting out of it. It means bringing that big, 17 pounder gun to bear and then scooting off at a greater speed. And that gun. O M G. Auto-aim on anything up to a tier VI HT, and it is pretty much guaranteed to pen, while you concentrate of driving the darned thing.

My stats in it.

Second highest average damage of all of my tier V tank destroyers. I have a Kolobanov and Radley Walters from this battle. http://wotreplays.eu...g-powjay-archer

Solstad1069 #9 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

Major

• Player
  • 39431 battles
I give you AMX 65t

DracheimFlug #10 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:25 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 8956 battles
AMX 40.... but it is so cute! (and the armour sometimes actually works)

Jegi_The_Heat #11 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:49 PM

Private

• Player
  • 47226 battles
  • [NT-K] NT-K
Black Prince aka Nightmare...

Renesco #12 Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:59 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 20834 battles
  • [SOBAD] SOBAD

StuG IV, the worst tank I've played in the 8 or 9 years I've played this game. It apparently has amazing camo but it actually doesn't, dies in 1 hit, does a whopping 110 damage per shot, even its shells are slow and it generally fails at everything.

The CGC is actually more pleasant to drive than the StuG IV, at least the CGC has a whomper of a gun on it

PowJay #13 Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:38 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34381 battles

I read the thread opening post again thinking that some don't get it. I didn't get it either, because I defended TWO tanks that no-one likes. I'll wait my turn for the next one I like and then every time I will nominate the KV-1.

Xandania #14 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 34868 battles
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-

View PostDracheimFlug, on 10 June 2018 - 10:25 PM, said:

AMX 40.... but it is so cute! (and the armour sometimes actually works)

View PostJegi_The_Heat, on 10 June 2018 - 10:49 PM, said:

Black Prince aka Nightmare...

I vaguely remember the days when their armour was good at least when top tier / single tier....    And now I feel old.

In terms of sour grapes:

CHurchill GC - no speed, no armor, no turret, no camo  - on the other hand a gun that gets used two tiers higher up and that can reliably pen tier 8s without aiing for weak spots. The Long range gunner of the apocalypse ^^

brevlada #15 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

Private

• Player
  • 11701 battles

Tiger (P)

To be fair it has some armor, but the weakspots are obvious so the armor doesn't matter, and then there's the gun, good pen and accuracy, but the DPM is trash, same gun as the Tiger 1, but 2 shots/minute less. It's awful, and don't even mention before it is fully upgraded.

DeadLecter #16 Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:54 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19344 battles
M5 stuart. DW2, Duck, Sau 40

PowJay #17 Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 34381 battles

Defending the AMX 40. I did well enough in this first time around that I actually bought it back. Armour works? Hell yeah! I bounced a shot of a Hellcat at point blank range and killed him in return.

My stats. WR is clearly luck, I admit, but I would buy it a third time for giggles if I didn't want that WR to stand forever.

Now to put down a tank that I found horrendous. The KV-1. I tried it three times for each of the three follow on tanks with all three viable guns- 57mm 75mm and 122mm and I hated it. I found all of these guns pathetic and the speed of the tank prevents relocation and versatility. The ONLY thing it has going for it in my book is that RIDICULOUS armour. I have seen tanks pounding and pounding and pounding a KV-1. Tracked and going absolutely nowhere but still alive. It seems to me that if there was no actual requirement to survive, then this tank would get Steel Wall in every battle as top tier, most as middle and a few as bottom as well.

I recall a battle where I trundled up a popular track all alone, expecting at any moment to face three or four enemies and found NO-ONE. My allies were being massacred and I could do nothing to help due to the terrible speed. This is my main beef with this tank- that and when it gets there, I didn't find the gun(s) useful.

OneSock #18 Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:02 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33053 battles
  • [FUB4R] FUB4R

View PostMeNoobTank, on 10 June 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

Convince me that 110 is a decent tank to play:

it has big profile so rare ocasions when somebody miss the shot on you

it has very painfull grind with the 175 pen potato gun that has RNG fixed by WG to miss all the shots.

The fully uped tank is still very bad, the top gun is Tier 7 level gun with low pen, bad aim time, bad dmg per shot, bad everything...

the armor on paper should be good but is not, you are auto-aim for almost any tier 8 and up with a decent gun.

Is slug slow level of mobility and can't sidescrape nor reverse sidescrape coz of weak sides, can't go hull down because of the turret weakspots. What role have this tank in the game ? Free XP material for WG ?

Edit: Sorry, I am not sure how to defend Matilda because is indeed a bad tank that I don't enjoy but I am really curious to see how somebody can defend 110. Well atleast Matilda reloads really fast ? and has decent armor for tier 4..is by far not the worst at that tier but still not my style.

Are you talking about the 110 chinese heavy ?

http://wiki.wargamin...n/Tank:Ch11_110

It is not big by any means. Has an awesome tier 9 gun with 215pen. accurate sniper, good DPM and reasonable mobility.

blaster1112 #19 Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:13 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9537 battles
  • [RANGR] RANGR

M3 lee.

I guess it has a nice gun and gun depression. Just sad said gun depression can hardly be used by the ENORMOUS turret sticking out of the hull. The gun itself is also incredibly painful to use due to having to expose massive parts of your lightly armored tank.

The gun itself is fine, the platform it's mounted on is absolutely horrible. Now if it could use the 37mm on top I'm sure the tank itself would suddenly become a lot more usefull. Due to having a lot of firepower up front while being able to use ridges with the 37mm somewhat.

Also having the 360 degree arc of fire for the 37mm wouldn't hurt it.

So when they finally implement 2 guns on it, it could actually be a decent tank.

TungstenHitman #20 Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:25 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 19286 battles
  • [TKSV] TKSV

B1 French Heavy(and keep in mind with MM this is vs type 64 and o-l, T-34-85M most battles along with vs 3 arty)

- 30kph top speed 10kph reverse, puke... just kill me right now even if this was a good tank just no. Oh and add to that 11.8 p/w and 2.1 terrain resistance you're basically not going to get anywhere so no point even trying. zero camo since a heavy so immediately spotted and with that kind of speed its an arty target practice pinata assuming anything else doesn't kill first.

- Firepower or lack there of... I mean jesus this is a heavy surely the idea is you get to carry a big mf of a gun? nope, 66pen and 65 dmg tickles enemy tanks into being annoyed by the sound of small rocks being thrown off their tanks and doing something about... eventually, once something actually dangerous is dealt with first, then the B1 will be dealt with but no rush and with 1600 dpm and the worst soft stats I've seen along with .38 accuracy you can afford to actually show a B1 your rear with no threat whatsoever.

- Amor. Ok now were talking! when we think big slow heavy tank we think big armor, yes! wait... no! 60mm around the hull and 46 around the turret just make hull down even pointless, these dangerous thin levels of armor wouldn't worry even equal tier tanks let alone tier5, most with 100+pen not to mention tier6 with 150+ pen...

- view range. 330m. yikes. Now, bad view range is nothing unusual for heavies around this tier but when combined with the above, basically just go behind a rock and cry until the battle is over there really is no point in pressing that W key for anything else so really this tank has absolutely nothing at all going for it, no camo, no speed, no armor, no view range, no firepower, no pen, no alpha no dpm, no accuracy no traverse, no reverse.... no point the WORST I've ever played... EVER!

let's see you defend this *edited*:teethhappy: 

Edited by NickMustaine, 11 June 2018 - 11:06 AM.
Inappropriate remarks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users