Really low fps

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jessan39 #1 Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3412 battles

Edit:

The low fps starts after I press Connect in login screen.

And I accedently removed all the other text... Im a moron..

Edited by Jessan39, 11 June 2018 - 02:32 PM.

_6i6_ #2 Posted 11 June 2018 - 11:54 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3861 battles

maybe hdd is broken?

3-4 fps?

something is really wrong to have such fps..

i am playing on a 9 year old cpu/chipset (x48 and QX9650) with R9 290x gfx card and have almost all at high and max details(apart from some special effects etc)

and your specs seem quite good to have such low fps.

move the installation to the ssd just to check if it is the hard disk

Somnorila #3 Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:34 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 55535 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

First check that everything is in order in your end. Try other games, testing software to make sure your system performs as intended. And if everything is good open a support ticket as this should be right on their alley.

My suppositions would relate to drivers or video settings, may that be in game or in GPU menu, mainly resolution and AA levels. But on a GTX1080 ti shouldn't be any issues. Maybe faulty RAM/CPU workload optimization. Which drivers may be the culprit, or faulty component installation, or even faulty components. But i guess that it would be visible and not seem obvious only in one game. Other issue may be your HDD health, but here also the same regarding visibility. It's possible to have bad sectors only where the game is installed, i don't know. Hiren's boot->Victoria is a good tool to see if it's that.

Even the network can affect fps besides ping and packet loss or a high ping might lead to low fps. But mostly FPS is influenced by CPU and GPU. Before patch 1.0 i tried the game for some time on a limited network where i could barely load sites but WoT worked without any issues, which meant that the game didn't need too much bandwidth to send and receive its needed info and the game was "worked" on my machine. so i don't really have reasons to believe that they changes that approach. From that i could say that low fps might be from CPU and/or GPU. In your instance should mean a general issue that you could sense in other games or programs. Maybe test your network speed too and test other online games to see if there is anything noticeable.

In any case you open that ticket to support.

_6i6_ #4 Posted 11 June 2018 - 12:47 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 3861 battles

View PostSomnorila, on 11 June 2018 - 01:34 PM, said:

First check that everything is in order in your end. Try other games, testing software to make sure your system performs as intended. And if everything is good open a support ticket as this should be right on their alley.

My suppositions would relate to drivers or video settings, may that be in game or in GPU menu, mainly resolution and AA levels. But on a GTX1080 ti shouldn't be any issues. Maybe faulty RAM/CPU workload optimization. Which drivers may be the culprit, or faulty component installation, or even faulty components. But i guess that it would be visible and not seem obvious only in one game. Other issue may be your HDD health, but here also the same regarding visibility. It's possible to have bad sectors only where the game is installed, i don't know. Hiren's boot->Victoria is a good tool to see if it's that.

Even the network can affect fps besides ping and packet loss or a high ping might lead to low fps. But mostly FPS is influenced by CPU and GPU. Before patch 1.0 i tried the game for some time on a limited network where i could barely load sites but WoT worked without any issues, which meant that the game didn't need too much bandwidth to send and receive its needed info and the game was "worked" on my machine. so i don't really have reasons to believe that they changes that approach. From that i could say that low fps might be from CPU and/or GPU. In your instance should mean a general issue that you could sense in other games or programs. Maybe test your network speed too and test other online games to see if there is anything noticeable.

In any case you open that ticket to support.

As Somnorilla said above, do you have problems just in Wot? Cause especially faulty RAM should give you some warnings in general(pc freezees, blue screens,crashes in-game). Faulty HDD should give you many I/O errors(so check the event viewer in administrative events).

And if problem lies with chipset/cpu you should have been getting many pc freezes/crashes/blue screens already(mainly event id 41/6008 on event viewer which usually relates to hardware problems --- are you perhaps also overclocking? - in which case your system is way overheated and is throttling if your voltages are way up and cooling is insufficient)

Edited by _6i6_, 11 June 2018 - 12:51 PM.

Jessan39 #5 Posted 11 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3412 battles

Thanks for all of your replies, I am currently moving all files to my ssd. I'll come back here when its done and Ive started the game.

I havent gotten any blue-screens/freeses/crashes and there is no errors in the event viewer.

Edited by Jessan39, 11 June 2018 - 01:47 PM.

Jessan39 #6 Posted 11 June 2018 - 02:08 PM

Private

• Player
  • 3412 battles
Ok so moving the game to a ssd didn't help at all. Imma do some more testing and come back. If anyone have any more ideas I'll try them but if not I'll just open a support ticket.

AliceUnchained #7 Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:48 PM

General

• Player
  • 37845 battles
  • [322] 322
As the starting post has been edited, not much to go on. But if indeed you get like 3 - 4 FPS, either game is not running on the dedicated GPU or it's not switching to 3D Mode.

Jessan39 #8 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:21 AM

Private

• Player
  • 3412 battles

Just wanna come back here and tell yall that I fixed it by reinstalling Wargaming Gaming Center. I have no idea why but it worked.

Thanks for the help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users