Jump to content


Is the AMX M4 45 meant to be there to get people to uninstall wot?

amx

  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Blubba #21 Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 52385 battles
  • 1,890
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

View Posttrusteft, on 12 June 2018 - 02:02 PM, said:

Oh if you hate this tank, you will love the 65 t.

 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

 

 

Lol. Yeah, The 65t is unique. Incredible, unbelievable and several other words which elude me right now. Enjoy!!

vasilinhorulezz #22 Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 22468 battles
  • 1,017
  • Member since:
    09-26-2014

step 1: Get the 105,

step 2: load premium,

step 3: profit.

 

 

edit: last patch they buffed it


Edited by vasilinhorulezz, 12 June 2018 - 08:53 PM.


Steeleye_Spam #23 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:44 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 27149 battles
  • 214
  • Member since:
    08-31-2014

View PostCobra6, on 12 June 2018 - 10:12 AM, said:

It's pretty simple, that tank is the compulsory free-XP sink in the line, just like many other tier 7 tanks in this game. It's bad beyond belief, especially in terms of gun handling/aimtime. One of the worst tier 7 heavies in the game at the moment.

I recently ground all the way through it to unlock the AMX65t and the experience was a royal pain. Out of all the tier 7 heavies I am currently grinding (TigerP, IS, O-Ni) it's by far the worst one because it has no redeeming features, no armor, no gun handling and no mobility.

 

Cobra 6

 

a number of people keep saying this, but it doesn't make it true. I've elited nearly all the T7s now and there's not that many bad tanks in there, and certainly no more than in other tiers

kaneAAA #24 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:57 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37726 battles
  • 1,609
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

View PostCobra6, on 12 June 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

It's pretty simple, that tank is the compulsory free-XP sink in the line, just like many other tier 7 tanks in this game. It's bad beyond belief, especially in terms of gun handling/aimtime. One of the worst tier 7 heavies in the game at the moment.

I recently ground all the way through it to unlock the AMX65t and the experience was a royal pain. Out of all the tier 7 heavies I am currently grinding (TigerP, IS, O-Ni) it's by far the worst one because it has no redeeming features, no armor, no gun handling and no mobility.

 

Cobra 6

 

Yes it doesnt do anything well. Immediately when playing this tank it struck me, what does it actually do? Just lacklustre...I did like the Oni when I played it, IS is also very good tank one of my keepers. This tank is definitely a sink placed deliberately to push for the gold conversion, I agree.

Isharial #25 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:03 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 18936 battles
  • 2,205
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-19-2015

View PostkaneAAA, on 12 June 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

 

Yes it doesnt do anything well. Immediately when playing this tank it struck me, what does it actually do? Just lacklustre...I did like the Oni when I played it, IS is also very good tank one of my keepers. This tank is definitely a sink placed deliberately to push for the gold conversion, I agree.

 

its a supporter, thats what it does. the IS and the ONI have different playstyles, frontline, nor secondary like the M4

that very much sounds like the reason why you don't like the M4. your playstyle in it, is wrong, trying to play it like an IS or ONI isn't going to get you far 

 

its not a sink, and its not a push for gold conversion(no matter what others say) , its a tank you personally just cant play right... just like I cant play the IS-3. its not because the tank is beyond bad or the tank is a gold sink or anything else, its simply "I cant play it"

 

its a support tank, fire at range, make the enemy think twice about rushing you, distance is your friend. if your up close and within brawling range, you failed, and your dead. 

as said, its a medium with a low top speed. snipe early on, damage farm later. your no frontline tank. its even got decent view range for a T7 heavy, able to get to max, so your not blind either (unlike the IS)

 

run the 105mm, load gold occasionally against harder targets, and keep at range, its a very good tank at that, IF, you stop thinking about how its a heavy, the speed, or the lack of armour. those aren't important. its about the gun, its about the 105mm that's actually very good

 

maybe im biased as I love the thing, or maybe im not.. tanks certainly capable given the chance.. 



Ceeb #26 Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:56 AM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30073 battles
  • 5,137
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

I hated my grind in the M4 45.

 

Until it was someone in BEXF back in the day said, load the big and fire premium ammo.. .

 

It became a different beast and pleasant to drive



Cobra6 #27 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:04 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16305 battles
  • 15,271
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostSteeleye_Spam, on 12 June 2018 - 10:44 PM, said:

 

a number of people keep saying this, but it doesn't make it true. I've elited nearly all the T7s now and there's not that many bad tanks in there, and certainly no more than in other tiers

 

Well, the best explanation for that would be that you are an average player so you are more likely to not use vehicles to their maximum potential often. This would in turn result in you feeling that most of them perform ok.

If you want to go for the more elaborate plays against enemies however the AMX M4 45 does not do anything good enough to stand out, sure it has penetration over all other tier 7 tanks but in all other regards is "meh" to " terrible" (oh hello gun handling!).

 

Most of the tier 7 heavies have really bad gun handling for no reason but the M4 stood out in that regard when playing it.

While armor on tier 7 is so-so with the TigerP/O-Ni you can bounce shots if you play it well, even from higher tier enemies. The M4 can't.

Then you'd conclude it would have the mobility advantage since it has terrible gun handling and no armor but again you are let down, it doesn't perform any better than other tier 7 heavies.

It just doesn't have *ANYTHING* going for it a part from standard ammo pen on the 90mm.

 

I hate the IS, still did well in it and I can see it's a good tank in the hands of a player that can live with the potato gun. Same for the TigerP and O-Ni, but with the M4 that thought doesn't even cross my mind, it's just bad.

 

Cobra 6



ValkyrionX #28 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:25 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41891 battles
  • 968
  • [SERPE] SERPE
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

amx m4-45 , t34-100, tvp vtu, churchill , churchill III,  churchill VII, black prince , stug IV , m41 bulldog, amx 30b , obj268 (old one) , fv215b , amx cdc, is6 , t28 prot, t110e5 , t55a , obj260, is4 , t29 , t32, is-m , tiger 2, emil1 ,emil 2 and kranvagn

 

these are the most stupid tanks I ever played in this game..some of them need total rework and others need a serious buff

 

  1. amx m4-45 need armor buff and better aim time
  2. t34-100 need a speed up of the aim time , better accuracy and more gun depression angle
  3. tvp vtu better aim time and accuracy
  4. churchill need more engine power and top speed
  5. churchill 3 is good but imo but need more penetration of standard ammunition
  6. churchill 7 is terrible atm, need more alpha dmg and more engine power/ top speed
  7. black prince is good in terms of armor but need more alpha dmg and more engine power/ top speed
  8. stug 4 is truly patethic..i dont know how to buff a terrible tank like this one
  9. m41 walker bulldog need more penetration of standard ammo and more pen for heat ammo ..only 210 mm pen against tier 10 with the actul MM...o cmon..
  10. amx30b need more accuracy and more penetration of standard apcr ammo (248 mm pen is a joke)  and ofc heat ammunition too..only 300 mm pen on a tier 10 med...wtf
  11. obj268 after the buff is good..but the aim time for a turretless tier X td still terrible 
  12. fv215b need more modules resistance and more armor on sides
  13. amx cdc need a total buff of the gun..the aim time sux..the accuracy sux..and remove the speed limit on this tank
  14. is6..o pls give some love to this tank..dispersion is terrible..aim time is eternal..penetration=not found, and buff the frontal upper plate armor..+200 mm pen enemy guns always overmatch you...
  15. t28 prot..what a stupid tank...so slow and terrible armor...why? but the guns are very good
  16. t110e5..pls remove the stupid cupola from the turret roof..is unplayable!!
  17. t55a is good..but the penetration of the AP rounds..201 mm for a t9 med? wtf? the turret armor only 200 mm?? wat?!?!
  18. obj260 seriously need more dpm and the same gun depression of the is7 and more ammo in its stowage (only 30 shells wtf), actually is powercreep by the other tier X heavy tanks for the absence of a good dpm/gun depression and remove the stupid weakspot from the turret roof
  19. is4 need better aim time / dispersion and  the turret roof weakspot is very stupid (like on the obj260) and unrealistic imo
  20. t29 with the MM of the game need better penetration with the last gun
  21. t32 is good..op imo cause its turret armor mixed with the gun depression angle..but the penetration is terrible...only 245mm pen with gold rounds..against tier 10 is not so good..or against a defender..RIP
  22. is-m have a good armor, good aim time and dispersion..but the penetration of the 122mm gun is patethic if you play against tier 9 and 10
  23. tiger 2..wg devs talk about historical accuracy..but this tank is very patethic and stupid, the most idiotic tier 8 heavy tank..need a very armor buff..who cares about historical accuracy..give it some love
  24. emil 1/2 and kranvagn need more penetration and a better dpm/accuracy/dispersion


Browarszky #29 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:31 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 15535 battles
  • 3,338
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013
To my mind, AMX's are designed for that purpose but not the way OP means, I think. I'm referring to the likes of AMX 13 75/13 57 and so on... magical tanks that cannot be destroyed inside the vortex of destruction they create around your tank...:(

trusteft #30 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 78305 battles
  • 214
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostValkyrionX, on 13 June 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

amx m4-45 , t34-100, tvp vtu, churchill , churchill III,  churchill VII, black prince , stug IV , m41 bulldog, amx 30b , obj268 (old one) , fv215b , amx cdc, is6 , t28 prot, t110e5 , t55a , obj260, is4 , t29 , t32, is-m , tiger 2, emil1 ,emil 2 and kranvagn

 

these are the most stupid tanks I ever played in this game..some of them need total rework and others need a serious buff

 

  1. amx m4-45 need armor buff and better aim time
  2. t34-100 need a speed up of the aim time , better accuracy and more gun depression angle
  3. tvp vtu better aim time and accuracy
  4. churchill need more engine power and top speed
  5. churchill 3 is good but imo but need more penetration of standard ammunition
  6. churchill 7 is terrible atm, need more alpha dmg and more engine power/ top speed
  7. black prince is good in terms of armor but need more alpha dmg and more engine power/ top speed
  8. stug 4 is truly patethic..i dont know how to buff a terrible tank like this one
  9. m41 walker bulldog need more penetration of standard ammo and more pen for heat ammo ..only 210 mm pen against tier 10 with the actul MM...o cmon..
  10. amx30b need more accuracy and more penetration of standard apcr ammo (248 mm pen is a joke)  and ofc heat ammunition too..only 300 mm pen on a tier 10 med...wtf
  11. obj268 after the buff is good..but the aim time for a turretless tier X td still terrible 
  12. fv215b need more modules resistance and more armor on sides
  13. amx cdc need a total buff of the gun..the aim time sux..the accuracy sux..and remove the speed limit on this tank
  14. is6..o pls give some love to this tank..dispersion is terrible..aim time is eternal..penetration=not found, and buff the frontal upper plate armor..+200 mm pen enemy guns always overmatch you...
  15. t28 prot..what a stupid tank...so slow and terrible armor...why? but the guns are very good
  16. t110e5..pls remove the stupid cupola from the turret roof..is unplayable!!
  17. t55a is good..but the penetration of the AP rounds..201 mm for a t9 med? wtf? the turret armor only 200 mm?? wat?!?!
  18. obj260 seriously need more dpm and the same gun depression of the is7 and more ammo in its stowage (only 30 shells wtf), actually is powercreep by the other tier X heavy tanks for the absence of a good dpm/gun depression and remove the stupid weakspot from the turret roof
  19. is4 need better aim time / dispersion and  the turret roof weakspot is very stupid (like on the obj260) and unrealistic imo
  20. t29 with the MM of the game need better penetration with the last gun
  21. t32 is good..op imo cause its turret armor mixed with the gun depression angle..but the penetration is terrible...only 245mm pen with gold rounds..against tier 10 is not so good..or against a defender..RIP
  22. is-m have a good armor, good aim time and dispersion..but the penetration of the 122mm gun is patethic if you play against tier 9 and 10
  23. tiger 2..wg devs talk about historical accuracy..but this tank is very patethic and stupid, the most idiotic tier 8 heavy tank..need a very armor buff..who cares about historical accuracy..give it some love
  24. emil 1/2 and kranvagn need more penetration and a better dpm/accuracy/dispersion

 

Some of the things you mention make me wonder if we play the same game.

I won't go into all I find problematic (in your list), cause I rather play the game than type.

10. How can you find the accuracy of the 30b as not enough, no idea.  As for the pen, 248 is not enough for you, perhaps you need to use something other than auto aim?

15. The T28 Prot has very good frontal armor.  Since the buff it's not that slow either, for what it is.  

16.  Seriously, the E5 is unplayable because of it?  Please...

22.  As much as I like the IS-M, I wonder how you find it to have good armor.  If I see it on the enemy team it is among my first target, easy as f to pen.  The turret is made of paper.

23.  You are playing it wrong if you find the Tiger 2 having accuracy issues.  It's one of the best tier 8 heavies as long as you don't try to use it as a brawler.   I will say that front turret is weak, but still...

 



Cobra6 #31 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:27 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16305 battles
  • 15,271
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

View PostValkyrionX, on 13 June 2018 - 01:25 PM, said:

 

  1. tvp vtu better aim time and accuracy + Better gun depression on top turret, lower top turret weight (armor profile same as stock)
  2. amx cdc need a total buff of the gun..the aim time sux..the accuracy sux..and remove the speed limit on this tank + This tank needs light tank gun handling (as it's basically a big light tank) and it's ground resistance values need to be in line with other mediums

 

Great points indeed but had to add this one since I actually played the TVP VTU fully as in I did grind the T50 XD

 

Currently the top turret has worse gun depression and is somehow much heavier with the same armor profile making the tank slower overall.

 

Cobra 6


Edited by Cobra6, 13 June 2018 - 03:29 PM.


ValkyrionX #32 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:53 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41891 battles
  • 968
  • [SERPE] SERPE
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View Posttrusteft, on 13 June 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

 

Some of the things you mention make me wonder if we play the same game.

I won't go into all I find problematic (in your list), cause I rather play the game than type.

10. How can you find the accuracy of the 30b as not enough, no idea.  As for the pen, 248 is not enough for you, perhaps you need to use something other than auto aim?

15. The T28 Prot has very good frontal armor.  Since the buff it's not that slow either, for what it is.  

16.  Seriously, the E5 is unplayable because of it?  Please...

22.  As much as I like the IS-M, I wonder how you find it to have good armor.  If I see it on the enemy team it is among my first target, easy as f to pen.  The turret is made of paper.

23.  You are playing it wrong if you find the Tiger 2 having accuracy issues.  It's one of the best tier 8 heavies as long as you don't try to use it as a brawler.   I will say that front turret is weak, but still...

 

 

also called.. "opinions" 

enjoy



ValkyrionX #33 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 41891 battles
  • 968
  • [SERPE] SERPE
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015

View PostCobra6, on 13 June 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

 

Great points indeed but had to add this one since I actually played the TVP VTU fully as in I did grind the T50 XD

 

Currently the top turret has worse gun depression and is somehow much heavier with the same armor profile making the tank slower overall.

 

Cobra 6

 

yeah i know the differences about the 2 turrets..i played the vtu on the server test and i find the best solution is to play with more gun depression angle and less dmg gun..like an amx cdc

trusteft #34 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:59 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 78305 battles
  • 214
  • Member since:
    10-25-2012

View PostValkyrionX, on 13 June 2018 - 03:53 PM, said:

 

also called.. "opinions" 

enjoy

 

Did I say you don't have a right to your opinions?  Meh.

kaneAAA #35 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:12 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37726 battles
  • 1,609
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

View PostIsharial, on 13 June 2018 - 12:03 AM, said:

 

its a supporter, thats what it does. the IS and the ONI have different playstyles, frontline, nor secondary like the M4

that very much sounds like the reason why you don't like the M4. your playstyle in it, is wrong, trying to play it like an IS or ONI isn't going to get you far 

 

its not a sink, and its not a push for gold conversion(no matter what others say) , its a tank you personally just cant play right... just like I cant play the IS-3. its not because the tank is beyond bad or the tank is a gold sink or anything else, its simply "I cant play it"

 

its a support tank, fire at range, make the enemy think twice about rushing you, distance is your friend. if your up close and within brawling range, you failed, and your dead. 

as said, its a medium with a low top speed. snipe early on, damage farm later. your no frontline tank. its even got decent view range for a T7 heavy, able to get to max, so your not blind either (unlike the IS)

 

run the 105mm, load gold occasionally against harder targets, and keep at range, its a very good tank at that, IF, you stop thinking about how its a heavy, the speed, or the lack of armour. those aren't important. its about the gun, its about the 105mm that's actually very good

 

maybe im biased as I love the thing, or maybe im not.. tanks certainly capable given the chance.. 

 

eh? what makes it good at mid range firing exactly? the IS is also a support vehicle btw.

Edited by kaneAAA, 13 June 2018 - 05:13 PM.


Baldrickk #36 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:12 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29322 battles
  • 13,356
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostkaneAAA, on 13 June 2018 - 05:12 PM, said:

 

eh? what makes it good at mid range firing exactly? the IS is also a support vehicle btw.

 

no, not really.  The IS is a good sidescraper and is very suited to corner brawls as it outtrades anything else on the tier.

DaniulSims #37 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:45 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9134 battles
  • 324
  • [WRECK] WRECK
  • Member since:
    03-29-2014

Im thoroughly enjoying it, the gun handlings feels good, if not great for a heavy tank at tier 7 after the buffs (playing with the 90mm tho). The mobility is meh, what makes it special is that it keeps that mobility on whatever terrain it goes. 

-10 degrees gun depression is always welcome, tho it being only in the very front of the tank makes up for... rather peculiar scenarios. The armor is shite, but can pull off bounces against the 120 pen bunch of tier 6s and will pull off a miracle bounce from time to time.

 

It also somehow has my highest XP game on average, second only to the Emil I, which I didn't particularly enjoy.



kaneAAA #38 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:53 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 37726 battles
  • 1,609
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP
  • Member since:
    11-18-2012

View PostBaldrickk, on 13 June 2018 - 07:12 PM, said:

 

no, not really.  The IS is a good sidescraper and is very suited to corner brawls as it outtrades anything else on the tier.

 

Mostly it will be support,I've played it a long time, and it is not the first tank that the enemy should see in brawls especially in 3/5/7. It functions like a kv2 in a way, after the front tanks trade you make an extra shot. Only on rare cases would it be the first tank in a brawl. Essentially its support. 





Also tagged with amx

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users