2 replies to this topic

velvetcough #1 Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:38 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4694 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Hey...

For those that might have missed it :

The 'Warhammer' camo for the tier V French heavy, the BDR G1 R, now comes with a 100% crew, 600,000 credits and two sets of XP booster missions.

I'm grinding the tonk towards the ARL 44 (which the gun makes fun and the armour makes frustrating), but wasn't particularly taken by the camo, but have now bought it as the extra bits made it a much better idea.

As I say, I put this up in case peeps don't check the news and might, like me, have their heads turned by the new offer. I believe the offer works retroactively if you already bought the camo, also.

regards...on the battlefield.

Been away visiting my aged parents for a while, so will be back in a tank for the first time later tonight.  Looking forward to it...shall probably take out a few derp wagons...throw off some of the quietitude and cobwebs with the joy of one-shotting some poor sap before they do it to me...ah, the smell of napalm of an evening. 

Edited by velvetcough, 11 June 2018 - 06:39 PM.

Snake_Keeper #2 Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9232 battles

Well the offer is enticing until you realize 600 000 credits, and the 100% crew amount to 2500 gold, which is 9,95 eur. Personally I have enough personal reserves to get the benefit of those 25 times 5x on victory. 10 Coffees on top that is what you'd earn easily in a Matilda BP/Matilda IV/Chi-nu Kai/Pz. T25 in a short while, and they are on sale right now so you don't lose out on so much compared to buying 500 gold to get the 200 000 credits for the coffee, after all you can keep grinding credits with those while the gold will be gone forever.

The offer is only enticing for someone who has just started the game, and is grinding up the French heavy line. Anyone who is still serious about playing after being around for a while has a premium tank for easy credits, and easy crew training. Pretty much all you save on this offer is cost of getting camo with gold.

Edited by Snake_Keeper, 11 June 2018 - 07:36 PM.

velvetcough #3 Posted 11 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 4694 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSnake_Keeper, on 11 June 2018 - 07:30 PM, said:

The offer is only enticing for someone who has just started the game, and is grinding up the French heavy line.

Your post was full of sense and points made well and delivered succinctly.

However, i responded to the re-packaged camo offer by giving WG my money for it whereas before I had not really considered it because I wasn't overly enamoured of the camo itself, didn't play the BDR very much because I found it's lack of armour in particular debilitating, and grinding up the French heavy line is a goal, but a very distant goal, of mine (I am much more interested in getting the XP together to make available the WZ-131, since I love my 59-16 and the Type 62 i recently bought is lush also, but somewhat sluggish i think).

That I responded with my wallet to the 'improved' BDR G1 R camo package suggests to me that I was enticed by the offer ; and since I have not just started the game, I felt the tiniest need to, perhaps meanderingly, point out that in your otherwise clear-sighted and sensible response to my piece of news, to claim that only absolute noobs would find the offer attractive was not - in my case - strictly true and was, therefore, perhaps a moment of wildness in an otherwise controlled and civilized piece of writing.

Perhaps I also defend my honour too, though I am long since reconciled to the consequences that accrue when a fool and his money are easily parted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users