Balance changes

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Anthoniusii #41 Posted 12 August 2018 - 02:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 23972 battles

View PostRagestadt, on 14 June 2018 - 03:45 AM, said:

Help me Obi wan Wargaming! you are my only hope....

Please address the imbalance in tier 8 tanks. 

We buy tier 8 premium tanks, but we cannot farm credits due to the fact that we get tier 10 matchmaking so we need to use 'premium' shells like APCR, HEAT, etc.

Please bring back Frontlines, that game mode is the only place where tier 8 tanks can still shine properly. I don't see the logic in paying a premium tank just to lose all my profit by shooting tier 9-10 tanks, and some of them are so overpowered that 259 penetration cannot really do its job here. 

I don't want to be foul mouthed towards you as a company, I think we can work together if we use constructive criticism.

Please address the beginner player issue, I see many new players, or some that don't understand the game playing in their tier 8-9-10 tanks, but not having any positive outcome in the matches. 

I don't find it being OK to play your high tier tank, just because it's fun to you, while you drag the team down for not knowing the game mechanics, which many times results in a loss for the entire team... that is not funny. 

The new Polish tier 7 has 320 Alpha damage... why would you give it such a big Alpha? That is a tier 8 damage, Tiger 2 has the same Alpha. It's OK to change up the system from time to time, change can be good, but do not under power other tanks, just for the Polish player base, remember WG... Tiger 2 is a real tank, while those polish ones are not. 

Why so many Soviet tanks? 

We have so many nations in WoT right now and I think they also deserve some attention. I think the game is not only about World War II tanks anymore, since we have a lot of post war era tanks already in the tech trees. Maybe its time to think about tier 11 and so on. 

Thank you for your time, a reply would be much appreciated. :)

That is an old request about tier 8 tanks.I brought that issue 3 years ago! WG ignores it all the time. It was one of the reasons i completly unistalled this game from my PC...The other reason was the many imaginary fantacy tanks in game.

Unforthunatly that same issue with tier 8 exists in World of Warships as well...No matter if you have premium or not vehicles , 98% of battles  are against tier 10.

DrHomicide #42 Posted 12 August 2018 - 04:47 PM

Private

• Player
  • 43737 battles
  • [JARO] JARO

Just fix MM. Played over 40 k games and be so frustrated about the MatchMaker.

Tier +/-1 would be ok. 

Playing T8 tanks is no fun. I will never buy a prem. tank again...

Strategic_mind #43 Posted 15 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

Private

• Player
  • 21884 battles
  • [-GODS] -GODS
here is something that could use some "balancing" i just compared the 113 (heavy) to the 430U (medium) and somehow the med tank has more of everything except a bit DPM and HP https://tanks.gg/com.../obj-430u?t=113

Bennie182 #44 Posted 17 August 2018 - 09:37 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53710 battles
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A

View Postdxr250, on 15 June 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

Now lets see.... obj 268v4 was brought in the game to solve the fact of russian tds not beeing seen in tier 10 battles.... then the server (eu) players started whine about it beeing brocken, overpowered etc etc.... so it gets a nerf.... now it isnt a frontline td anymore since it cant really brawl the way it did....  so it will get parked in most garages or sold... and we are back were we started... russian tds wont really be in tier 10 battles cause they dont really bring an advantage.... hmmmm.... good going people!!

Same thing (whining) goes for the 252 defender. Too many people whine and complain... huh its overpowered, its too hard to pen... etc etc... Result is we cant buy it since WG has to worry about the whining customers while on American servers you can buy it. Since they dont whine as much as here....

BTW why isnt anybody whining about the illegal bots in this game?? No 268 v4 and no defender destroy the fun in this.... the aimbots and all forbidden bot advantages is what is the real problem in this game... !!! So if all you want to make it a better one.... start whining and complaining about those.... 

WG you want to make this game great?? Get rid of all the illegal bots and cheaters... 

HINT: The aimbots probably were failing to auto pen the 268 V4.... (cant know for sure as i dont even use xvm but its an educated guess) thats probably the reason why most of these people started complaining about it in the first place lol (not all but for sure many as we all know there are many that cheat around this game)

Now let's see....

Players like you are destroying more of my games then those OP tanks do, simply by not playing at all, yolo for no reason, not supporting allies.

the "whining" you speak of is for a reason, simply because those tanks are "dxr250-proof". every fool can play it and change the outcome of battles without skill. I'm glad more 268 v4 will be parked in the garage. at least more chance for balanced battles because of that.

probably you just press 2 to damage enemies, and call it "skill". with your amount of battles combined with your win ratio I wonder how that "educated guess" could be constructive and even without any (solid) arguments.

the balance is still not enough on 268 v4.

Edited by Bennie182, 17 August 2018 - 09:46 AM.

Hellraiser0201 #45 Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:31 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 23411 battles

I support Circonflexes opinion.

https://www.youtube....h?v=nNKppIPKVUo

Edited by Hellraiser0201, 26 August 2018 - 10:33 PM.

CommanderTaggert #46 Posted 18 August 2018 - 09:50 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 30572 battles
  • [_O_H_] _O_H_
pls buff the KV5 penetration 167mm Penetration isnt enough against the new super Heavys

m1ch #47 Posted 19 August 2018 - 03:19 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17511 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

Balance thread: how about you balance this?

RenamedUser_501672818 #48 Posted 28 August 2018 - 03:05 PM

Private

• Player
  • 4318 battles
  • [22DS] 22DS

Hi Wargaming,

Firstly, I want to start by pointing out that i've been playing this game for a decade. I've never been particularly good at it, and I've only played 4k battles, but I've always enjoyed unlocking new tanks and the adrenaline rush when you start kicking [edited].

When I first started playing this game, credits seemed to be easy to earn. So easy in fact, that when my highest tank was a tier 6, i seemed to have over 1M credits. On top of that, wargaming just seemed to deposit 500k credits into my account for no apparent reason. The only grind was xp, but I didn't mind this so much as long as credits were plentiful.

A few years later, and I got really into the game. probably played over 2k battles in a couple of months. XP seemed impossible to earn, and as I researched my first tier 8, I realised just how painful the grind would be to the obj 257. 

That's where the credit hell began. No matter how well I played in my IS-3, I would lose credits. As i originally stated, I've never been good at the game, and so on a good day I would lose 5k credits for a loss, and on a bad day perhaps 30k credits. So much so that my reserve 400k credits actually ran out, and I had to start selling tanks so I could continue to play my IS-3.

Fast forward to today, and I feel like I'm getting better at the game. I'm 10 years older, now 18, and that's definitely helped. You know what hasn't helped? That now tier 7's actually make a loss. I started playing the T29 a few days ago, and if I shoot premium (which is a necessity nowadays, since tier 9s are impossible to pen with AP shells and you keep releasing tanks like the O-I), I lose upwards of 50k a game. 

Congratulations Wargaming. In your quest to make as much money as possible, you've let down your most valuable casual customers. Of course, the hardcore players and youtubers will always put up with your [edited], but as someone who just likes to play maybe an hour a day, you've made the game impossible to progress. I've had the Obj. 257 researched for a month now, but no matter what I do, I cant save up the 3.5M credits. In fact, with the T29, Churchill VII, M12, and T25/2, I can keep my credits around 500k, but no matter how many battles I play I can't save the remaining 3M. 

A victory where you cause more than your own tank's HP shouldn't make you lose credits, even if you shoot premium. And you also shouldn't really lose credits if you lose a game, after all you've just invested the last 10 minutes of your life and you should still be rewarded for that. The XP earned sure counts for something, but losing 5 battles worth of credits is a bit too much. As far as I see it, your choice is either:

- Increase credits earned per game

- Reduce likelihood of being in higher battle tiers

- Make APCR shells cheaper

- Or, reduce enemy armour

I know tank weakspots pretty well now, but it doesnt matter if you hit a weakspot if you bounce a tier 9's lower glacis because your 2 tiers too low. You've managed to actually make this game bad, which I commend you for, but fix it before its too late. Make it playable, for god sake. And don't make me pay for a premium account to do so, since paying £30 a month for a game, no matter how good it is, is crazy. 

Also tagged with 1.0.2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users