Yes, I am now in favor of removing team damage.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Team damage (125 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should team damage be removed?

1. Yes. (50 votes [40.00%])

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

2. No. (67 votes [53.60%])

Percentage of vote: 53.60%

3. Hard to say. (8 votes [6.40%])

Percentage of vote: 6.40%

Have you noticed any changes in team damage?

1. Yes, increase. (14 votes [11.20%])

Percentage of vote: 11.20%

2. Yes, decrease. (11 votes [8.80%])

Percentage of vote: 8.80%

3. No, none. (78 votes [62.40%])

Percentage of vote: 62.40%

4. Hard to say. (22 votes [17.60%])

Percentage of vote: 17.60%

Vote Hide poll

WindSplitter1 #1 Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14913 battles

1 - http://wotreplays.eu...2cc18d4bf1c64be

2 - http://wotreplays.eu...2cc18d4bf1c64be

#2 was just after posting this. (263 and Rhm)

No need to watch the replay, just check my team's score. (V4, 705A, L1A1, M4A1 Rev, Pantera too vs L1A1 but after he turned blue)

The match starts on our favor until someone decides to pull the trigger on an ally and set off a chain reaction. Usually, the result is the loss of an allied vehicle that does not compromise a recovery.

But what to do when this occurrs in both sides of the map in one  team?

Now, I don't really care that I lost. That doesn't bother me much. Nor it does the fact we could've easily won as I told my colleagues. Winning streaks, losing streaks, even streaks, we've all experienced all of them, right?

It's the fact this behaviour has been repeatedly happening in an ever increasing tendency, which motivates this post, and not an isolated "REEE!!111! NOOBS, STOP USING DADDY'S CREDIT CARD!11!" event.

God forbid if you bump into a player at the start of the match.

If it's a paper tank, you'll lose HP. Sucks but unless you bump into a Maus, you should be fine.

But that player might not choose to be so understanding and respond with a shot. If the struck player is as much of a self-entitled person as the former, he'll shoot back and from then on, it's only a matter of time before two or more tanks are decommissioned and at least of of the minds behind them given a temporary vacation.

Frontline has hilariously shown the implications of removing team damage (really it's a funny story but I'll talk about it some other time), and surely our senior members can pitch in saying it was not successful in other parts, but I fear now that the damage that removing teamkilling would not surpass the much needed benefits at this stage.

But this is still just my view. How has your experiences have been in this matter?

I believe I can remember Balc0ra about XBOX/PS4...

Edited by WindSplitter1, 12 June 2018 - 10:51 PM.

XxKuzkina_MatxX #2 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:01 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 45665 battles

3 times today in a 2 hrs session, always fun!

2 of those times were skorpion G shooting me in my T95 near the start of the battle because i touched his tank very gently while trying to turn that behemoth around one of the fastest TDs in the game. Good for him i was kind of calm this morning and i didn't shoot back and yet he trolled and blocked me for the rest of the battle!!!

PoIestar #3 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 31205 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Funny, the last time I was annoyed by team damage it was way, way back. I just cba anymore.

Suurpolskija #4 Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:56 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17686 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

I hardly ever encounter TK's nowadays. I don't know why. I never understood it, so it's kinda hard to guess why this might be. Maybe people like winning more than they used to. Maybe I've just been lucky. Dunno.

Anyway, I'm kinda for removing team dmg, but tbh with the current state of customer support, I'm guessing it would lead also to all kinds of nasty stuff with pushing tanks around. Not that I'd encounter that either too much to be bothered about it.

Homer_J #5 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27270 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I don't see team damage nearly as much as I did in beta.

And I still don't think removing it is a good idea, just make the punishments kick in earlier.  You really shouldn't get away with as much as you do without at least going blue.

HassenderZerhacker #6 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:52 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 23863 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

View PostXxKuzkina_MatxX, on 12 June 2018 - 11:01 PM, said:

3 times today in a 2 hrs session, always fun!

2 of those times were skorpion G shooting me in my T95 near the start of the battle because i touched his tank very gently while trying to turn that behemoth around one of the fastest TDs in the game. Good for him i was kind of calm this morning and i didn't shoot back and yet he trolled and blocked me for the rest of the battle!!!

sounds unlikely for a slight nudge...

replay?

BSHDBCG #7 Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 5083 battles

Btw WG already did a survey on team damage, well at least I got and told them it needs to stay as it is... all skill goes out the window if you are allowed to shoot your teammates without any penalty for it.

Someone also said that people in Blitz (where friendly fire is removed), locks the enemy down by pushing them against something and then the SPGs just rain death down over that unlucky person.

So OP, perhaps you should start playing Blitz instead?

Edited by BSHDBCG, 13 June 2018 - 07:25 AM.

LordMuffin #8 Posted 13 June 2018 - 07:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostWindSplitter1, on 12 June 2018 - 10:37 PM, said:

1 - http://wotreplays.eu...2cc18d4bf1c64be

2 - http://wotreplays.eu...2cc18d4bf1c64be

#2 was just after posting this. (263 and Rhm)

No need to watch the replay, just check my team's score. (V4, 705A, L1A1, M4A1 Rev, Pantera too vs L1A1 but after he turned blue)

The match starts on our favor until someone decides to pull the trigger on an ally and set off a chain reaction. Usually, the result is the loss of an allied vehicle that does not compromise a recovery.

But what to do when this occurrs in bothsides of the map in one  team?

Now, I don't really care that I lost. That doesn't bother me much. Nor it does the fact we could've easily won as I told my colleagues. Winning streaks, losing streaks, even streaks, we've all experienced all of them, right?

It's the fact this behaviour has been repeatedly happening in an ever increasing tendency, which motivates this post, and not an isolated "REEE!!111! NOOBS, STOP USING DADDY'S CREDIT CARD!11!" event.

God forbid if you bump into a player at the start of the match.

If it's a paper tank, you'll lose HP. Sucks but unless you bump into a Maus, you should be fine.

But that player might not choose to be so understanding and respond with a shot. If the struck player is as much of a self-entitled person as the former, he'll shoot back and from then on, it's only a matter of time before two or more tanks are decommissioned and at least of of the minds behind them given a temporary vacation.

Frontline has hilariously shown the implications of removing team damage (really it's a funny story but I'll talk about it some other time), and surely our senior members can pitch in saying it was not successful in other parts, but I fear now that the damage that removing teamkilling would not surpass the much needed benefits at this stage.

But this is still just my view. How has your experiences have been in this matter?

I believe I can remember Balc0ra about XBOX/PS4...

I don't think removing it is good. 

Though I do believe WG should actually punish those who do team damage.

For aT5+ tank.

1 shot of team damage is OK (mistakes and what not).

2nd shot within 250 battles from that gets you banned.

jack_timber #9 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:14 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31622 battles
Can be like Picadilly Circus at spawn, those on left want to right and vice versa. Then you get those that just have to wake up gunner a few seconds in by firing off a few shots. Can be that you get the odd bump and knock and the odd stray shot but can't say I have suffered much in the way of team damage, it's rare.

Nethraniel #10 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:23 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 12101 battles

I don't want to have a game where you can facehug an enemy tank, while your team just spams the enemy with everything they got (especially HE, arty, etc.) because they do not need to take care of the damage they could do to you.

In FL it was fine, because of respawns and different pacing.

Simeon85 #11 Posted 13 June 2018 - 08:46 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Removing it is very logical, it serves zero purpose in this game and the arguments for keeping it in are weak, like people try to claim stuff about 'skill', which is a nonsense argument. No one is going to start randomly shooting all over the place just because team damage is off, like Frontline showed, people want value for their shots and the only people I see shooting in the close proximity of friendlies on a regualr basis are scumbag artillery players who don't care about their team so preventing them from team damaging and stunning me when I am circling or facehugging enemies is just another benefit to turning team damage, in a long list. 

Frontline showed the way, it was off in there and the game was a much more pleasant environment when the retarded TD players can't shoot the light tank because they don't think they are 'scouting' correctly. None of the scaremongering we commonly see trotted out about hordes of blockers or trollers was seen in frontline either. 

It should go, there is no real argument as to why it should stay. It's toxic, it's abused, and it brings nothing positive to the game. 

Edited by Simeon85, 13 June 2018 - 08:49 AM.

SlyMeerkat #12 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:26 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15315 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Im in favour of team damage being removed but that bring up the next possibility and that is, it could increase in just being nudged/pushed and blocked instead more often :/

undutchable80 #13 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6490 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Yesterday Super Pershing shot me after I took a shot at "his" target.

View PostSimeon85, on 13 June 2018 - 08:46 AM, said:

Frontline showed the way, it was off in there and the game was a much more pleasant environment when the retarded TD players can't shoot the light tank because they don't think they are 'scouting' correctly. None of the scaremongering we commonly see trotted out about hordes of blockers or trollers was seen in frontline either.

It should

go, there is no real argument as to why it should stay. It's toxic, it's abused, and it brings nothing positive to the game.

So basically this (too).

Baldrickk #14 Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29219 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostLordMuffin, on 13 June 2018 - 07:38 AM, said:

I don't think removing it is good. 

Though I do believe WG should actually punish those who do team damage.

For aT5+ tank.

1 shot of team damage is OK (mistakes and what not).

2nd shot within 250 battles from that gets you banned.

Harsher punishments, yes please.

This might be too harsh.

All it would take is two people driving in front of you as you shoot.

250swb #15 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21144 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSimeon85, on 13 June 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

Removing it is very logical, it serves zero purpose in this game and the arguments for keeping it in are weak, like people try to claim stuff about 'skill', which is a nonsense argument. 

No it is about skill, players won't need to aim carefully and the quality of the game will be reduced. But it is also about annoyance, some green team idiot just wants to annoy you by shooting at you so you don't know if its the enemy or your own side without checking the indicators. Imagine spawn and everybody setting off shooting at each other because they can get away with it and of course because 'it's just a bit of fun' for the dribbling fools.

But to compare it to how players behaved in Frontline is also misguided. In Frontline there were massive rewards available, it was a loot factory, all the more reason to behave and not be distracted. Besides which on such a large map minor irritations with teammates are less likely to develop, they are never 'in your face' as much as in Random battles.

WindSplitter1 #16 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14913 battles

Aye. Folks, it's not a matter of "skill". That argument really has no reason to be in this matter. Besides, for what it's worth, WG already dumbed the game down to the point the removal of Team Damage would at least bring some peace of mind to a few situations.

With that said, the community is toxic and WG is the main sponsor of bile, shown by either side's unwillingless to address this issue. Why should players that do not want or simply they don't have it in them to be like that punished but those that do?

View PostSimeon85, on 13 June 2018 - 07:46 AM, said:

(...)

Frontline showed the way, it was off in there and the game was a much more pleasant environmemt when the retarded TD players can't shoot the light tank because they don't think they are 'scouting' correctly. None of the scaremongering we commonly see trotted out about hordes of blockers or trollers was seen in frontline either. 

It should go, there is no real argument as to why it should stay. It's toxic, it's abused, and it brings nothing positive to the game. 

The highlighted part happens a lot. And it happened on the second replay I've uploaded. A well positioned B-C 12t was turned to ashes by a 263 because he was passively spotting on the neutral cap circle bush, from the northern spawn point.

I defended him stating he was too valuable to be YOLOing fruitlessly since the enemy had lost all its scouts. Since the bush-wanking TD driver chose not to listen, I advised him not to listen to him either. But then the own team kills it. Borsig gives him a taste of its own medicine end game.

Happened to myself plenty of times too when LT'ing. As if playing Light Tanks wasn't hard enough thanks to WG's policy of indirectly buffing HTs.

View PostBSHDBCG, on 13 June 2018 - 06:24 AM, said:

Someone also said that people in Blitz (where friendly fire is removed), locks the enemy down by pushing them against something and then the SPGs just rain death down over that unlucky person.

So OP, perhaps you should start playing Blitz instead?

WoT Blitz has no clickers. Where are geting this information from?

WindSplitter1 #17 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 14913 battles

View Post250swb, on 13 June 2018 - 09:04 AM, said:

No it is about skill, players won't need to aim carefully and the quality of the game will be reduced.

This has nothing to do with skill... :facepalm:

Disabling teamkilling will make it so you don't need to aim at a T29/T30/T34 cupola at 200m to cause damage to it? Will it be autopen everywhere? No.

Also, do coins in your Nation only have one side? There are drawbacks in most decisions. Only some are easier to make because the current state of things is worse than the alternative.

Players who grinded the Vergeltungswaffeski 4 didn't care about reducing the game quality, neither did those who put it in the game in the first place, so that too is a moot point.

Also, players shooting each other at the start of a match (in a friendly manner)? Have you ever seen Duck platoons?

250swb #18 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 21144 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostWindSplitter1, on 13 June 2018 - 09:16 AM, said:

This has nothing to do with skill... :facepalm:

Disabling teamkilling will make it so you don't need to aim at a T29/T30/T34 cupola at 200m to cause damage to it? Will it be autopen everywhere? No.

Also, do coins in your Nation only have one side? There are drawbacks in most decisions. Only some are easier to make because the current state of things is worse than the alternative.

Players who grinded the Vergeltungswaffeski 4 didn't care about reducing the game quality, neither did those who put it in the game in the first place, so that too is a moot point.

Also, players shooting each other at the start of a match (in a friendly manner)? Have you ever seen Duck platoons?

So you think it just won't happen that you are in a close fight and some green fool decides to take pot shots and if not hitting the enemy they distract you? You think it just won't happen that green arty would be able to aim at you while in a nose to nose fight and take your fun away without jeopardy? You think it's going to be great fun to have a Pz1c to drive by any fight with gun spraying in the general direction of the fight because they can't do team damage? The whole balance of the game would change.

Simeon85 #19 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Post250swb, on 13 June 2018 - 10:04 AM, said:

No it is about skill, players won't need to aim carefully and the quality of the game will be reduced. But it is also about annoyance, some green team idiot just wants to annoy you by shooting at you so you don't know if its the enemy or your own side without checking the indicators. Imagine spawn and everybody setting off shooting at each other because they can get away with it and of course because 'it's just a bit of fun' for the dribbling fools.

But to compare it to how players behaved in Frontline is also misguided. In Frontline there were massive rewards available, it was a loot factory, all the more reason to behave and not be distracted. Besides which on such a large map minor irritations with teammates are less likely to develop, they are never 'in your face' as much as in Random battles.

It's not about skill at all, this is one of the most nonsense arguments I have ever seen on the forum.

People want their shots to damage the enemy, they want the damage, the XP, the credits, the kills etc. They are not going to waste, 6, 9, 10, 15 etc. second reloads to randomly shoot their team mates 'just because team damage is off', no one in reality is going to do that because it's utterly, utterly stupid.

People will aim carefully because the game is geared to rewarding that and we are controlling tanks with in most cases one shot guns, this not some FPS where everyone is small human targets and most of the guns are spray and pray automatics. Plus pretty much every decent FPS out there has friendly fire off, because they know, like we see in this game, that friendly fire is toxic for games and is completely abused.

I couldn't care less if people started randomly firing at the start of games, I doubt it would happen anyway because every shell is costing that player credits, but what does it matter? I has no impact on their other players (if you can't tell who is shooting at you then your situational awareness is terrible), it's MUCH more preferable to having my HP taken by some troll, or careless idiot and potentially having my whole game ruined because I didn't play in the way they deemed acceptable.  

And no Frontline is actually a great example, there are no frontline stats, people were making loads of credits anyway so plenty of reasons for people to troll more or be more careless because it mattered less, yet we didn't see it there. There was no team damage on and we saw nothing of all this blocking that people claim would happen, none of this BS about people randomly shooting all over the place.

Basically showing these 'skill' and other reasons giving for keeping friendly fire in the game are just utter rubbish. 

Friendly fire brings nothing good to the game, so there is no logical reason why it should stay. 

View Post250swb, on 13 June 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

So you think it just won't happen that you are in a close fight and some green fool decides to take pot shots and if not hitting the enemy they distract you? You think it just won't happen that green arty would be able to aim at you while in a nose to nose fight and take your fun away without jeopardy? You think it's going to be great fun to have a Pz1c to drive by any fight with gun spraying in the general direction of the fight because they can't do team damage? The whole balance of the game would change.

Front line saw none of this, it's pure scaremongering rubbish that has no basis in the reality of the game. 

'Distracting shots' is one of the most weak arguments I have seen. It's not going to happen and even if it did, it's impact is minimal. 

And arty fire at friendlies ALL the time, turning friendly fire off means I can actually facehug or circle an enemy without the scumbag on my team screwing me over. Though arty could still stun friendlies in frontline which was stupid, QB got trolled in one of his frontline games by an arty on his own team stunning him all the time so they would need to fix that. 

Edited by Simeon85, 13 June 2018 - 10:34 AM.

LordMuffin #20 Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:43 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 47010 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostBaldrickk, on 13 June 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

Harsher punishments, yes please.

This might be too harsh.

All it would take is two people driving in front of you as you shoot.

Might be to harsh indeed,  but the current is way to forgiving.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users