Why I stopped playing

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

mark1e #1 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

Private

• Player
  • 12125 battles

I played WoT for a couple of years, paid premium account, bought a number of premium vehicles, so I've contributed to the game. After a while playing became a drag. Fun was out, anger was in. I stopped as it was less fun than work or doing chores at home. Few days ago I tried again, played a number of matches and concluded that the game is in a worse state now than back when I left.

Here I'd like to provide my opinion of the game as a feedback to the community.

1. Tiers and match maker. Very often you end up fighting enemies that are two tiers above your level. The difference is huge and you're almost powerless against them, or they have a huge advantage. That's not fun for most players.

2. Gold ammo. I see that now it's available for silver, but the sad state of things is that moronic gold ammo penetrates almost anything. The introduction of gold ammo effectively retired armor as anything functional, as it can now easily be penetrated and all it does it slow you down.

3. Heavy vehicle penalty. As said, with gold heavies are not protected, but remain slow. In addition to that they have crap visibility and get detected from miles away. All in all this makes heavy vehicles much less playable. Most of the players play because they wanted to play heavy tanks and not rocket carrying zooming buggies.

4. Visibility. Was crap, is crap. Shared visibility historically makes zero sense (it even doesn't work today at the level that you'd shoot at a target you can't see but your buddy can and you're not using some kind of homing ammo like Copperheads, Hellfires etc). Visibility system forces you to spend most of the game time staring at leaves and fishing for red markers to see if you can get a red outline. I want to watch tanks and not foliage. Fail!
Even worse, the existing visibility model promotes "scouting" where a fast vehicle sticks just a few pixels out for a second and lights up enemies, while allies sit back and fire. This promotes static game as everyone hides in bushes and snipes at markers. Boring!

5. Artillery. I guess the inept person in charge of game mechanics decided that arty would force people to move. It didn't, but it made them hug hard objects. Totally ahistoric and anti-logical view from the drone and super-precise shots rain from the sky to punish enemies for entering the game. And it does unrealistic amounts of damage to a tank. It should do much more damage to light vehicles with exposed crew, but in the end arty squashes anything. Totally OP, ahistoric and annoying.

6. Snipers. The best vehicles for the game are fast, low profiled (gun with no shield bolted on top of flat vehicle), shoot fast and penetrate anyone. Also they need to be invisible. *edited*? This is ahistoric. Instead of punishing these OP stupidities with some kind of machine gun fire, shrapnel etc Wargaming sells premium fantasy vehicles based on this concept.

7. Team play. Or actually the lack of it. Huge player base means you'll never ever see the people you play with. So then why be nice? Why talk? Why not kill steal, block etc? Team play in WoT is the worst I've seen in any online game. And this depends on team action. Play a few rounds and start hating human kind.

8. Chears and Aimbotters. Seen them on youtube, they're real.

9. Pay to win. If you elite your crew, provide all benefits etc you'll be totally OP compared to vanilla. This is pay to win. Of course, you have to keep on paying since the vehicles you got will be made obsolete by the next line.

Edited by NickMustaine, 13 June 2018 - 12:50 PM.
Inappropriate remarks

jack_timber #2 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:22 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 34599 battles

Well it's a game and if you don't enjoy time to move on.

You never know you may return.....

TsundereWaffle #3 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 27233 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD

1. MM could use work, yes. I don’t have issues with tier spread myself though

2. With the current state of the game and how half of it is balanced around premium ammo, it’s not something that can quickly be changed so WG will simply not bother. And I personally find premium ammo to be mostly fine in its current state

3.boohoohoo, people can pen my OP super heavy

4. It’s an arcade game, not a historical simulator

5. Arty has no place in the game, yes

6. It’s an arcade game, and please elaborate, what are these so called OP vehicles then? Because it sounds like you’re making stuff up or are just bad at the game

7. If you want teamplay then don’t play RANDOM battles

8. That’s just bs

9. Lolno

DuncaN_101 #4 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 53856 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
Cheers thanks for coming.

TankkiPoju #5 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:34 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 21080 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View Postmark1e, on 13 June 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

9. Pay to win. If you elite your crew, provide all benefits etc you'll be totally OP compared to vanilla. This is pay to win.

Good players win more games and get more XP than bad players, so they have better crews. People that play more also will have better crews. That's not pay to win.

Ceeb #6 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:48 AM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31008 battles
  • [BULL] BULL
I hate to say it, no one cares why you stop playing.  its just the way of it,

firstly the forums are what 1% of the player base?, that only moan and bit-ch about their perceived state of the game.  We are not the target audience of WG.

Its nothing what hasn't been said before, So,  go quietly into the night!

Edited by Ceeb, 13 June 2018 - 01:11 PM.

vasilinhorulezz #7 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 22813 battles

_Sensation_ #8 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7909 battles
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
bye

Stat_Padder #9 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41198 battles

View Postmark1e, on 13 June 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

I played WoT for a couple of years, paid premium account, bought a number of premium vehicles, so I've contributed to the game. After a while playing became a drag. Fun was out, anger was in. I stopped as it was less fun than work or doing chores at home. Few days ago I tried again, played a number of matches and concluded that the game is in a worse state now than back when I left.

1. Tiers and match maker. Very often you end up fighting enemies that are two tiers above your level. The difference is huge and you're almost powerless against them, or they have a huge advantage. That's not fun for most players.

2. Gold ammo. I see that now it's available for silver, but the sad state of things is that moronic gold ammo penetrates almost anything. The introduction of gold ammo effectively retired armor as anything functional, as it can now easily be penetrated and all it does it slow you down.

3. Heavy vehicle penalty. As said, with gold heavies are not protected, but remain slow. In addition to that they have crap visibility and get detected from miles away. All in all this makes heavy vehicles much less playable. Most of the players play because they wanted to play heavy tanks and not rocket carrying zooming buggies.

4. Visibility. Was crap, is crap. Shared visibility historically makes zero sense (it even doesn't work today at the level that you'd shoot at a target you can't see but your buddy can and you're not using some kind of homing ammo like Copperheads, Hellfires etc). Visibility system forces you to spend most of the game time staring at leaves and fishing for red markers to see if you can get a red outline. I want to watch tanks and not foliage. Fail!
Even worse, the existing visibility model promotes "scouting" where a fast vehicle sticks just a few pixels out for a second and lights up enemies, while allies sit back and fire. This promotes static game as everyone hides in bushes and snipes at markers. Boring!

5. Artillery. I guess the inept person in charge of game mechanics decided that arty would force people to move. It didn't, but it made them hug hard objects. Totally ahistoric and anti-logical view from the drone and super-precise shots rain from the sky to punish enemies for entering the game. And it does unrealistic amounts of damage to a tank. It should do much more damage to light vehicles with exposed crew, but in the end arty squashes anything. Totally OP, ahistoric and annoying.

6. Snipers. The best vehicles for the game are fast, low profiled (gun with no shield bolted on top of flat vehicle), shoot fast and penetrate anyone. Also they need to be invisible. *edited*? This is ahistoric. Instead of punishing these OP stupidities with some kind of machine gun fire, shrapnel etc Wargaming sells premium fantasy vehicles based on this concept.

7. Team play. Or actually the lack of it. Huge player base means you'll never ever see the people you play with. So then why be nice? Why talk? Why not kill steal, block etc? Team play in WoT is the worst I've seen in any online game. And this depends on team action. Play a few rounds and start hating human kind.

9. Pay to win. If you elite your crew, provide all benefits etc you'll be totally OP compared to vanilla. This is pay to win. Of course, you have to keep on paying since the vehicles you got will be made obsolete by the next line.

One less noob to shoot in-game..:amazed:

pagandk #10 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 38727 battles

View PostTsundereWaffle, on 13 June 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

1. MM could use work, yes. I don’t have issues with tier spread myself though

2. With the current state of the game and how half of it is balanced around premium ammo, it’s not something that can quickly be changed so WG will simply not bother. And I personally find premium ammo to be mostly fine in its current state

3.boohoohoo, people can pen my OP super heavy

4. It’s an arcade game, not a historical simulator

5. Arty has no place in the game, yes

6. It’s an arcade game, and please elaborate, what are these so called OP vehicles then? Because it sounds like you’re making stuff up or are just bad at the game

7. If you want teamplay then don’t play RANDOM battles

8. That’s just bs

9. Lolno

2. Really? It's easy to change. Lower the damage on gold ammo by 25-40% Pay2win ammo needs to go.

CircleOfSorrow #11 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:13 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29236 battles
Why do random people come on here and tell their sad sad story of a love once held but now lost for a pixel game?  If we knew these people we might care at least a bit, but why would anybody care about one individual's reasons for moving on to something else?  Bleh.

Ceeb #12 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

Major General

• Beta Tester
  • 31008 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Postpagandk, on 13 June 2018 - 02:08 PM, said:

2. Really? It's easy to change. Lower the damage on gold ammo by 25-40% Pay2win ammo needs to go.

​Never Paid for premium  ammo, even when it was bought with Gold, so never been pay2win in my eyes.

Tanks like the 252/defender, I would agree with you. (and I have one)

But saying lower the damage by 25-40% without saying how or what would happen to the tanks like the Type4/5 , 268-4 etc what do you want people to use, Harsh language ?

Karasu_Hidesuke #13 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 16175 battles
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L

View Postmark1e, on 13 June 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

1. Agreed.

2. Partially agree. I shoot gold on special occasions only. I refuse to shoot gold when I am two tiers down.

3. Partially agree. The armor is an illusion. Yes, it will deflect more shots, but it only takes the same amount of hits to destroy as a tank with much less or virtually no armor. The higher chance of deflection is negated by the enemy tanks higher rate of fire and/or 'inbisibility' or speed.

4. Partially agree. Shared visibility makes no sense, but this is an arcade game (with radio/signal range mechanics). But why should one type of tank be equipped with inferior optics and the other types get better ones? Also, how come tanks with a lower profile often have a better view range than tanks with a higher profile.. huh?

5. Partially agree. It's slightly better now after the nerf, but still a nuisance if you get focused.

6. Partially agree. It's not just the snipers or the invisible tanks with superior gun stats that are the problem. The whole game mechanics which deal with gun accuracy and aiming are complete bollocks.

7. Partially agree. Random battles are random, so are the kind of team that you get. I've been noticing an interesting thing happening after those FL badges started to show up. They are not always evenly distributed by the MM...

8. Inconclusive on my part.

9. Disagree mostly. It's P2W when it comes to BIA crews only, IMO. Otherwise its Pay-to-save-time.

BTW You probably managed to miss Frontline. While some people didn't like it much, a lot of people (myself included) got a welcome change of pace with it and extra variety in terms of game play.

Edited by Browarszky, 13 June 2018 - 03:20 PM.

Jigabachi #14 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postmark1e, on 13 June 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

I have little to no problems with the MM or the tierspread, but a lot of problems with the whole gamebalance - which has a HUGE impact on both.

btw: How many players did you ask in order to come up with that claim about "most players"?

Block Quote

For the sake of simplicity: I kinda agree.

Block Quote

Bad generalisation. Heavies are still the easiest class to play. By far.

The tanks who suffer from premammo are the support heavies and every tank that is supposed to ding one or two shots per match. The fat armored heavies still rule the battlefields on most maps.

Block Quote

Using historical accuracy as an argument in an arcady game is just beyond stupid.

Block Quote

That's something you can blame on the horrible maps we have.

Block Quote

Using historical accuracy as an argument in an arcady game is just beyond stupid.

Besides that, please learn what "OP" means before you use that term. 

Block Quote

Block Quote

I don't really understand how the fact that you won't see the same players every other match matters when talking about teamplay. (btw: You are wrong. You do see the same players quite a lot.)

Apart from that, I have to kinda agree. 

Block Quote

There are videos of almost extinct animals on youtube, too. How does that help?

Block Quote

That's indeed one of the few p2w elements of the game. 

Max_Calibre #15 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20814 battles
  • [T-OG] T-OG

Many people leave as the game cannot be described as RELAXING or FUN in any way

WOT is crude in its MM system 

vicious in its Map design by that I mean all Maps give little choice where to go, example you cannot ever escape just die like a dog inside of 4 minutes

until the game gets more 'balanced' and involving beyond the crude stat padding and seal-clubbing and aim-bots ~ well its real S__T to enjoy

of course this is how WG have perfected it to be money more money and more money €€€€€  

until WG change there money and money ever more money strategy >>>> less and less players

Infektid #16 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41868 battles
  • [3V] 3V
Can I have your stuff??

Laiskamato #17 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:07 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 46496 battles

Too bad the Russian rejects don't listen to their players at all.

They do what ever the fug they want and not even declining player count make them see how stupid they are.

This game would be fixed so easily but do these monkeys listen? No.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users