• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

MeGeT #1 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:22 AM

Private

• Player
  • 41910 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

Hello :)

I just want to ask why are so many BOTS in this game.

I know I cant share they names but I sent like 27 tickets and no one got Banned.

And I wanna know who is Antony Curtis?

Is this Antony? https://twitter.com/a1bionant

Who is Ali Kurt?

Maybe this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammed_Ali_Kurt

And can somebody tells me if I encrypt the name of BOT player.  And I share the key of encryption.

Is that still sharing his in-game name??

Looking forward to positive help and answers.

Greetings!

Somnorila #2 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 55535 battles
  • [4-YOU] 4-YOU

Probably because is not that easy to properly identify bots as some bots have better stats than actual players. they could put some sort of CAPCHA when you press battle but i suspect that would receive bad responses because it's hard or discriminatory or whatever else.

Also maybe because bots may be used on the black market, to farm accounts or maybe whoever is using bots will more than likely be a sure paying customer getting at least gold for premium account. In any case, it's not a problem because they are not tied with WG, but also it brings some benefits to WG.

_Sensation_ #3 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:52 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 6237 battles
  • [OMNI] OMNI
Because If they'd ban all the bots there amount of people online would drop with 15%

captainpigg #4 Posted 13 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 30557 battles
  • [F-DIV] F-DIV
And your proof that there are that many bot players is where? Replays eaten by the dog maybe? In my 30510 battles I have seen one player who I was certain was botting, million of braindead morons though.

Edited by captainpigg, 13 June 2018 - 11:56 AM.

MeGeT #5 Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41910 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

View Postcaptainpigg, on 13 June 2018 - 10:56 AM, said:

And your proof that there are that many bot players is where? Replays eaten by the dog maybe? In my 30510 battles I have seen one player who I was certain was botting, million of braindead morons though.

It is forbidden to share player/bots name on the forum.

So my proof is tickets I send and names I got in notepad. 

So if one of moderator says I can share name I will.

There was a list of 250 winners who got GF last December.

61 of those didn't deserve (in my opinion) to get the GF.

If I remember correctly there was 12 account who didn't even play in last 2-6 months. 

And they got a tank. Players with black and red stats.

Balc0ra #6 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:30 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 63349 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Define bot. As 6 years ago a bot was a program that played for you. Either they sat idle in base and only turned their gun on close targets. Or they drove between two points and auto aimed at everything that got close. But since WG took action and added the idle punishment to name one. I've not seen a single one on mid to high tiers. As there was a point when every 3rd Lowe you did see was like that. 

Today... Today a bot is simply someone who either are to passive or don't play the way others want, or is not good enough vs the rest. As for all you know, he might have disabilities so he is not as active or good as you. Or he is 8, or even 76 years old. As I know of one that's over 70 that plays this game, with a 44% WR and red WN8. But... he really doesn't care two ticks about what others say or think. 

View PostMeGeT, on 13 June 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

There was a list of 250 winners who got GF last December.

61 of those didn't deserve (in my opinion) to get the GF.

If I remember correctly there was 12 account who didn't even play in last 2-6 months. 

And they got a tank. Players with black and red stats.

And they did the same as the green WN8 54% players that won above them. So in that case, it was simply down to that yoloing and doing some damage, was faster and more effective then actually playing the game farming stamps. Only thing that proved is why winning should be a requirement on such events. But due to all the whining about it, they removed it. And that's what you got. As every one of those 250 players did exactly the same, bot or not. Played tier 2 and 3. Played 30 second battles and did one clip of damage and died, next game. 

ValkyrionX #7 Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 41290 battles
  • [G-ON] G-ON
obvius..cause wot is bot/based 

wannop #8 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6562 battles
It all down to the improper use of the word bot BOTs by definition cannot reply they are not humans I have seen a couple I think but mainly this game is infested with retard level players

Dorander #9 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 17854 battles

View Postwannop, on 13 June 2018 - 01:28 PM, said:

It all down to the improper use of the word bot BOTs by definition cannot reply they are not humans I have seen a couple I think but mainly this game is infested with retard level players

Problem occurs when people reverse that statement and think players are bots because they don't reply in chat, which can easily have 3 other reasons such as:

Chat is off

They don't speak the same language

They're not inclined to respond to rude people who assume they are bots.

The short of it is, if it looks like a bot, acts like a bot and doesn't respond like a bot, it may still be a human but it's very likely not a duck.

tohtorikuolema #10 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:36 PM

Private

• Player
  • 806 battles
Atleast BOTs do something, unlike those that only join the game to idle at spawn.

Infektid #11 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 39819 battles
  • [3V] 3V

I have seen a couple of bots during my gameplay. Perhaps 4-5 for sure.

What i do see everyday is braindead zombies without the slightest grasp how to play this game... many of them with tens of thousands of battles.

They are "playing for fun" getting slaughtered and doing nothing 9/10 of the games they play.

unhappy_bunny #12 Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17482 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Only ever seen 1 that I was sure was a bot. On Lakeville, south spawn. Pz4H, drove forward in a straight line, collided with the side of the mountain, tried to go foward, stopped and sat there rotating turret in response to spotted enemy vehicles. Fired a couple of times at vehicles the other end of the map, and of course, only hit the rocks in front of him. 

A few others that I have thought suspect, but never any proof.

Do you, OP, have any proof to offer? Maybe a replay entitled "spot the bot", with no names mentioned.

Edited by unhappy_bunny, 13 June 2018 - 02:56 PM.

Orkbert #13 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:35 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 24892 battles

View PostMeGeT, on 13 June 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

It is forbidden to share player/bots name on the forum.

You could always just put up the replay link without telling which player you suspect to be the bot, so we would have to look for ourselves who the culprit was.

It isn't naming&shaming if you don't write any name.

Smoki_Bandit #14 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:43 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1262 battles

I would like to be a bot. Can anyone tell me how to best become a bot? :P

I play STRV-S1 yesterday and I carry the whole game, I make almost 4km around the map (Serene Coast), I have 4 kill, 2600dmg and more than 2900 assistants dmg (mostly after tracks shot on tierX heavy), and at the end of the game with a broken motor running towards base to defend cap and arty dying and spam me in the chat and later messages that i am noob and later in messages that with STRV people people make 6-8k dmg and that i am noob with only 2600dmg. I'm not sure people always make so many dmgs that are shown on youtube !?

Anyway, I do not want to be noob, I would like to be a bot, it sounds better to be bot than noob: P

Greetings to a not named arty player, who died because he did not watch the situation on the mini map!

MeGeT #15 Posted 13 June 2018 - 03:45 PM

Private

• Player
  • 41910 battles
  • [TAKE] TAKE

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 13 June 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Only ever seen 1 that I was sure was a bot. On Lakeville, south spawn. Pz4H, drove forward in a straight line, collided with the side of the mountain, tried to go foward, stopped and sat there rotating turret in response to spotted enemy vehicles. Fired a couple of times at vehicles the other end of the map, and of course, only hit the rocks in front of him. 

A few others that I have thought suspect, but never any proof.

Do you, OP, have any proof to offer? Maybe a replay entitled "spot the bot", with no names mentioned.

OP is providing you some "evidence" :)

Video no. 1
http://wotreplays.eu/site/4274708 

Look for KV-1S, SU-5 and Luchs

Video no. 2

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4239808

Look for T-34-85

Video no. 3

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3520411

Look for Churchill III and PZ.Kpfw III

Video no. 4

http://wotreplays.eu/site/3505352

Just look the title and description :)

And I have a list of 60 Guys who shouldn't get GF (my opinion) for the award after Moscow WGL finals.

50 % stopped playing other half are on same as were before getting GF.

I hope you can watch videos.

Lord_Edge #16 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:10 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 5851 battles

View PostMeGeT, on 13 June 2018 - 11:22 AM, said:

I just want to ask why are so many BOTS in this game.

There aren't, you just don't know the difference between a bot and a bad player.

snowlywhite #17 Posted 13 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 11161 battles

Block Quote

In my 30510 battles I have seen one player who I was certain was botting, million of braindead morons though.

really, it's plenty of them. I'm seeing some every day(not tons, but more than once every 20 games).

1. no chat; ok, maybe he doesn't know English, doesn't want to reply, whatever.

2. sits somewhere around cap, yet smack in the middle of the road. Not in a defensive position despite noone attacking; no, no, smack in the middle of nowhere. Doesn't move; there are 3 arties, he's smack there chilling.

3.1. you shoot him(btw - that's a useful tip to actually use bots in your team when you're in a dire situation and alive). Not to dmg him; shoot a track. Won't say anything in chat but it'll come to life. It'll aim at you, identify you as friendly, won't shoot you but will start moving. So you can start using it as bait.

3.2. you aren't in situation 3.1; you're dead. He's full hp, your team totally crumbled, he's one of the 1-2 ppl. left alive. He's still in the middle of nowhere; gets shot. Starts aiming towards that guy. Gets another shot from a different guy. Stops aiming, starts aiming to the 2nd guy. Rinse and repeat. If it's a bot in a heavy, won't get to shoot any of those 2 even if those two are out of any cover. It'll simply keep switching targets without ever turning the turret enough.

Isharial #18 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18590 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

there's bots, no doubt about that, but if your going to the length of actually botting, are you really going to make them the simplest and easiest to tell from a human? most likely not. not if your botting to sell the accounts etc..

they're going to be able to do more than turn turret and drive forward.. 

majority will look like ordinary players, and more complex ones may even be able to "reply" to map pings etc.. 

the "it doesn't move, its a bot" is largely irrelevant, as there will always be "dumb" humans that just don't care, or those who initiate a battle and have the doorbell ring... with a large population these kinds of things will, and do, happen. it doesn't mean they are a "Bot"

poor bots you might be able to trick, or notice, but those wont last long, even if you think WG don't act on them, and the more complex ones, you wont even be able to tell as a player in game.

the amount ive actually seen? few, could count them on 1 hand, so id say that WG are doing something right

Edited by Isharial, 13 June 2018 - 05:09 PM.

Laiskamato #19 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:08 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 43398 battles
  • [CIRC] CIRC

View Post_Sensation_, on 13 June 2018 - 01:52 PM, said:

Because If they'd ban all the bots there amount of people online would drop with 15%

You mean 85%?

Homer_J #20 Posted 13 June 2018 - 05:23 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27261 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postwannop, on 13 June 2018 - 02:28 PM, said:

It all down to the improper use of the word bot BOTs by definition cannot reply they are not humans

You've not played WoWP then.  The bots there have conversations.  In fact their conversation skills are way better than most WoT players.

Also tagged with #bot, #ban, #bots, #reporting, #not, #working

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users