Jump to content


Power Creep & Match Making


  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

MrEasyUK #1 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17696 battles
  • 20
  • [RDDTQ] RDDTQ
  • Member since:
    11-27-2011

I won't rant on about the use of over powered vehicles over and over again in random matches, WG will learn to their detriment how that will effect them before long. Not everyone has these vehicles and going away and  levelling and playing said vehicles will do what exactly, make things better with another OP vehicle on the field?

 

The power creep effect experienced using older well loved vehicles is becoming more and more apparent with the release of any new premium or vehicles in General, in fact the amount of Auto Loaders of one description or another has now become bloody ridiculous (I can barely, if not, just about put up with this and fight through it all)

 

But I find it incredibly ridiculous and beyond belief that the match making is putting Tier 7 vehicles up against Tier 9, in fact oddly enough, when I play my Tier 7's I get matches with Tier 9's pretty much every god damned game, more so in a platoon and more often than not the Tier 9's are dominating the games, is this  why people are saying that Tier 9 is the magic tier to play?

 

I am sorry War Gaming, but if you are looking to retain players, attract new players you need to sort both power creep on older vehicles and stop or drastically reduce the amount of Tier 9's going against Tier 7's as it is both pointless and pathetic... I recently introduced a friend to play the game we played and got to Tier 7 and then BAM!..... the entire enjoyment of the game was killed for both of us, needless to say he does not play WoT anymore.

 

I can not see why anyone would find enjoyment in World of Tanks going up against Tier 9's in a Tier 7 vehicle.


Edited by MrEasyUK, 14 June 2018 - 10:39 AM.


Dava_117 #2 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 18519 battles
  • 2,738
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014
Tier 9 is "the magic tier" because it combines the high tier gameplay with the best balanced roster of tanks in game. Tier 10 and 8 are full of powercreep, so their magic  is gone.

Palora #3 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 24013 battles
  • 426
  • [ROCOM] ROCOM
  • Member since:
    03-17-2010
 You get what you pay for 

MrEasyUK #4 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17696 battles
  • 20
  • [RDDTQ] RDDTQ
  • Member since:
    11-27-2011

View PostPalora, on 14 June 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

 You get what you pay for 

 

 

That is a very good point, people are not getting enjoyment for their money, who wants to pay to get frustrated.

 

Do not even try to convince me that this game is free to play, hence the £400m that WG make.

 

Do not get me wrong their are some very good things that War Gaming do, but the power creep and this tier 7 match making is messed up and is letting their side down


Edited by MrEasyUK, 14 June 2018 - 11:21 AM.


axell92108 #5 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:42 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1779 battles
  • 127
  • [DHMC] DHMC
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013
Tier 7 matchmaking is definitely better than Tier 8. 

MrEasyUK #6 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:18 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17696 battles
  • 20
  • [RDDTQ] RDDTQ
  • Member since:
    11-27-2011

View Postaxell92108, on 14 June 2018 - 10:42 AM, said:

Tier 7 matchmaking is definitely better than Tier 8. 

 

Please explain, how exactly is Tier 7's regularly going up against Tier 9's definitely better? Most Tier 8's can hold their own against a lot of Tier 9's where as Tier 7's are just cannon fodder which makes tier 7 match making entirely pointless when pitched against Tier 9's.

tankqull #7 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 20504 battles
  • 1,473
  • [-FD-] -FD-
  • Member since:
    08-31-2011

View PostMrEasyUK, on 14 June 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

 

Please explain, how exactly is Tier 7's regularly going up against Tier 9's definitely better? Most Tier 8's can hold their own against a lot of Tier 9's where as Tier 7's are just cannon fodder which makes tier 7 match making entirely pointless when pitched against Tier 9's.

 

because t8 is seeing even stronger powercrept t10 instead of 9s wich are rather okish.

Hedgehog1963 #8 Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:48 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 50864 battles
  • 7,356
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011
Half the enemy team are also Tier VII.  Shoot those tanks.

axell92108 #9 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1779 battles
  • 127
  • [DHMC] DHMC
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View PostMrEasyUK, on 14 June 2018 - 12:18 PM, said:

 

Please explain, how exactly is Tier 7's regularly going up against Tier 9's definitely better? Most Tier 8's can hold their own against a lot of Tier 9's where as Tier 7's are just cannon fodder which makes tier 7 match making entirely pointless when pitched against Tier 9's.

 

Because there are quite a few Tier 7 tanks that do rather well in 2018 meta. Tier 7's also don't see Tier 9 all the time, you're just on a "MM Balancing" streak (losing or bottom tier streaks)

 

T29. Tiger I. VK 45.03. IS-2. O-Ni. JPanther. T-34-2G FT. SU-152. SU-122-44. AT 15A. T20. KV-13. A-44. 13 75. T71 DA/CMCD. 

 

All these Tier 7 tanks can carry their weight in tier 8 games. Tier 8 is infinitely worse because:
A) You see 5 Tier 9s (unicums LOVE to play Tier 9 vs pubbies)

B) You see 3 Tier 10s (unicums also LOVE to play Tier 10 platoons vs Tier 8 cannon fodder)

C) You see way more 3/5/7 in Tier 8 than in Tier 7.

 

One more thing, the jump in firepower and armor you get from going T29 -> T32....IS-2 -> 110....Tiger I -> Tiger II.....JPanther -> JPanther II....is most of the time worthless, because you have to fight 8 higher tier tanks that powercreep you. Tier 8s don't powercreep Tier 7s as much as 9s powercreep 8s.


Edited by axell92108, 14 June 2018 - 05:39 PM.


Homer_J #10 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:44 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostMrEasyUK, on 14 June 2018 - 01:18 PM, said:

 

Please explain, how exactly is Tier 7's regularly going up against Tier 9's definitely better? Most Tier 8's can hold their own against a lot of Tier 9's where as Tier 7's are just cannon fodder which makes tier 7 match making entirely pointless when pitched against Tier 9's.

 

At most three tier IX tanks, which nobody expects you to fight, certainly not alone.

 

And it's not like it's anything new, tier VII used to meet tier X, and would often have only one, or in some cases no tier VII to fight.  So suggesting this will be the downfall of WoT seven and a bit years later is a bit far fetched.



Baldrickk #11 Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:56 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 29506 battles
  • 13,756
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-
  • Member since:
    03-03-2013

View PostHomer_J, on 14 June 2018 - 05:44 PM, said:

At most three tier IX tanks, which nobody expects you to fight, certainly not alone.

Have you seen the sort of teammates you get in WOT?

:P



Robbie_T #12 Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:11 PM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 14991 battles
  • 235
  • [BBMM] BBMM
  • Member since:
    07-08-2016

I find enjoyment playing my tier 7 against tier 9.

If i am in my T62 premium lt i just spot and let the rest do the heavy work.

If i am in just a regular tier 7 that means iam on a grind and maybe dont have all things on the tank unlocked sucky crew i am glad getting caried by  a tier 9 instead of me beeing top tier in a stock tank and crew  and F up the game for my team.

But people and especially the younger generation think that the whole world is about them.

Well its not so get in your tier 7 support your higher tiers .

 

Same as those cry baby's with there prem tier 8 always getting tier 10 battles  crying.

Yeah i know you wanna be top tier with a epic crew and shoot everything 2 tiers lower to pieces

Ironic thing is Wg put you low tier and let you get blown to pieces but you still better off with that epic crew in your tier 8 premium than that tier 6 and 7 in stock tanks  and crew you wanna go after.

 

 

 


Edited by Robbie_T, 14 June 2018 - 06:18 PM.


Ferditude #13 Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 903 battles
  • 598
  • Member since:
    11-22-2016

View PostMrEasyUK, on 14 June 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

 

 

That is a very good point, people are not getting enjoyment for their money, who wants to pay to get frustrated.

 

Do not even try to convince me that this game is free to play, hence the £400m that WG make.

 

Do not get me wrong their are some very good things that War Gaming do, but the power creep and this tier 7 match making is messed up and is letting their side down

 

They think they want unhappy players, so then they will use gold. 



Agent_327 #14 Posted 14 June 2018 - 06:51 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 16594 battles
  • 393
  • [CAF] CAF
  • Member since:
    09-20-2010
It have been like that since the start. Beside you can easily pen most tier 9's in your tier 7 tank.

MeNoobTank #15 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10430 battles
  • 312
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X
  • Member since:
    02-16-2017

View Postaxell92108, on 14 June 2018 - 05:37 PM, said:

 

One more thing, the jump in firepower and armor you get from going T29 -> T32....IS-2 -> 110....Tiger I -> Tiger II.....JPanther -> JPanther II....is most of the time worthless, because you have to fight 8 higher tier tanks that powercreep you. Tier 8s don't powercreep Tier 7s as much as 9s powercreep 8s.

Yes but all of the tier 8 examples you gave are all kinda bad tanks that need a buff.

 

if you said IS -> IS-3 or T-43 -> T-44 or Black Prince -> Caernavron then that would be a different story because those  can do alot of job even in a tier X game and are a worthly upgrade from the tier 7.

 

I would say that the best tier is tier 6 (excluding tier 9). I think most of the Tier 6 tanks can be competitive in a tier 8 game + most of the tier 7's are not a much improvement from the tier 6 counterpart.



Homer_J #16 Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:17 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • 29,000
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostBaldrickk, on 14 June 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

Have you seen the sort of teammates you get in WOT?

:P

 

Yup, and they are mostly predictable, quite herdable, and can be usually relied on to shoot at any red blob they see.

axell92108 #17 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:33 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1779 battles
  • 127
  • [DHMC] DHMC
  • Member since:
    01-30-2013

View PostMeNoobTank, on 14 June 2018 - 06:00 PM, said:

Yes but all of the tier 8 examples you gave are all kinda bad tanks that need a buff.

 

if you said IS -> IS-3 or T-43 -> T-44 or Black Prince -> Caernavron then that would be a different story because those  can do alot of job even in a tier X game and are a worthly upgrade from the tier 7.

 

I would say that the best tier is tier 6 (excluding tier 9). I think most of the Tier 6 tanks can be competitive in a tier 8 game + most of the tier 7's are not a much improvement from the tier 6 counterpart.

 

I'll agree as far as Caernarvon goes - the ROF is good enough to permatrack tier 9s and do 300 alpha every shot. IS-3 is no longer the beast it used to be (don't really see a lot of them nowadays - nor do they usually carry)



ortega456 #18 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:45 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 60300 battles
  • 1,009
  • Member since:
    06-08-2012
My name is 3/5/7 and welcome to jackass.

MrEasyUK #19 Posted 15 June 2018 - 02:42 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17696 battles
  • 20
  • [RDDTQ] RDDTQ
  • Member since:
    11-27-2011

View Postaxell92108, on 14 June 2018 - 04:37 PM, said:

 

Because there are quite a few Tier 7 tanks that do rather well in 2018 meta. Tier 7's also don't see Tier 9 all the time, you're just on a "MM Balancing" streak (losing or bottom tier streaks)

 

T29. Tiger I. VK 45.03. IS-2. O-Ni. JPanther. T-34-2G FT. SU-152. SU-122-44. AT 15A. T20. KV-13. A-44. 13 75. T71 DA/CMCD. 

 

All these Tier 7 tanks can carry their weight in tier 8 games. Tier 8 is infinitely worse because:
A) You see 5 Tier 9s (unicums LOVE to play Tier 9 vs pubbies)

B) You see 3 Tier 10s (unicums also LOVE to play Tier 10 platoons vs Tier 8 cannon fodder)

C) You see way more 3/5/7 in Tier 8 than in Tier 7.

 

One more thing, the jump in firepower and armor you get from going T29 -> T32....IS-2 -> 110....Tiger I -> Tiger II.....JPanther -> JPanther II....is most of the time worthless, because you have to fight 8 higher tier tanks that powercreep you. Tier 8s don't powercreep Tier 7s as much as 9s powercreep 8s.

 

Absolute nonsense, the power creep between many tier 7 vehicles to the newer tier 8 vehicles is farcical, let alone older tier 8 against newer tier 8's...... pitting tier 7 against tier 9's and watching the T10's literally devour the tier 7's is no fun what so ever, in a tier 7 game with tier 9's in it the tier 9's are always the last tanks alive devouring the field, it is an absolute farce.

MrEasyUK #20 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:43 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 17696 battles
  • 20
  • [RDDTQ] RDDTQ
  • Member since:
    11-27-2011

View PostRobbie_T, on 14 June 2018 - 05:11 PM, said:

I find enjoyment playing my tier 7 against tier 9.

If i am in my T62 premium lt i just spot and let the rest do the heavy work.

If i am in just a regular tier 7 that means iam on a grind and maybe dont have all things on the tank unlocked sucky crew i am glad getting caried by  a tier 9 instead of me beeing top tier in a stock tank and crew  and F up the game for my team.

But people and especially the younger generation think that the whole world is about them.

Well its not so get in your tier 7 support your higher tiers .

 

Same as those cry baby's with there prem tier 8 always getting tier 10 battles  crying.

Yeah i know you wanna be top tier with a epic crew and shoot everything 2 tiers lower to pieces

Ironic thing is Wg put you low tier and let you get blown to pieces but you still better off with that epic crew in your tier 8 premium than that tier 6 and 7 in stock tanks  and crew you wanna go after.

 

 

 

 

Oh of course, that escaped me, everyone is a child and does not know how to play and according to you putting under-powered tier 7 tanks against tier 9's is absolutely fine, you are beyond belief,  what a totally ridiculous comment.... it is not a level play ground.

 

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users