Pointless toxicity ?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Sidiax #1 Posted 14 June 2018 - 10:57 PM

Private

• Player
  • 2766 battles
Earlier today I had a match with my T34 as bottom tier (obviously 3/5/7). My team got destroyed in the first 3 minutes and I was left alone against 10 tanks.

Having dealt a decent amount of damage, I tried to to get one or two kills before I get annihilated. That's where the "fun" begins...

A scout spots me and I obviously got shredded in half a second. Two of my teammates called me a bot, told me to uninstall WoT and insulted my mother (real original).  What am I supposed to do in that kind of situation ? Carry the whole game ? Really wish I still had the replay just to prove I did nothing wrong. Does reporting toxic players actually get them banned ?

Edited by Sidiax, 14 June 2018 - 10:58 PM.

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:53 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 21459 battles

Ya you were probably camping redline but never mind we all had to learn and you like the game so watch a few vids on general gameplay and maybe set the messages to mute so you don't get any if it bothers you. By the way there is no real tutorial vid for learning this game, just some basic game mechanics really which is a good start none the less.

Every battle is unique in its own right which is what makes this game so re-playable and exciting, anything can happen really, there is no concrete "right way" to play this game, if you win you were right, if you lost, you were wrong, even though there are some teams that just aint gonna win even if you actually did the right thing, and visa versa. You just can't know what other players are going to do or think so while there are definite areas on maps where the various classes of tanks will typically go to at the begging, once the battle plays out and breaks down into smaller amounts of players through attrition and you are only one of a few players left surviving, you are calling on experience and map knowledge + awareness of who was where... your tanks stats and ability i.e alpha+camo+view range, the enemies tank stats i.e there alpha dmg, their remaining hp(can you one shot them, can they one shot you, who wins a 1on1 trade, who can pen who)+-.... where they probably will go, getting spotted and leaving them a trail of breadcrumbs to a kill zone... knowing locations where you can spot through a bush then pull back and take each tank out without being spotted then also knowing its becoming predictable that you are there and knowing when to fok off and HOW to fok off without being spotted.... there is so much more than a "watch this vid" but, when it works out, it feels very good. Better than how bad you will feel when it doesn't :) 

Flavortown #3 Posted 14 June 2018 - 11:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16158 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Does reporting do something? No
What should you do after something like that? Grow a thicker skin and just start a new game

Graeme0 #4 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 24617 battles
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M

You will always get people blaming you for situations, you can block in game chat if it bothers you.

Failing that, just ignore the trolls.  Some people try and give advice to others and this is rarely useful, judge for yourself with the circumstances at the time. If they are slagging you off or being toxic, you can block them for the battle but this requires you to take a second or two to click them.

It is a sad part of the game, map clicking, toxic chat etc can ruin the game. One day WG will do something but until then we will have to put up with it.

Play the tank in the role it was designed to be played and do your best. There are plenty of videos and guides around so take a look and see if you can learn a thing or two.

_6i6_ #5 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 7060 battles
  • [A__K] A__K

View PostSidiax, on 14 June 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Earlier today I had a match with my T34 as bottom tier (obviously 3/5/7). My team got destroyed in the first 3 minutes and I was left alone against 10 tanks.

Having dealt a decent amount of damage, I tried to to get one or two kills before I get annihilated. That's where the "fun" begins...

A scout spots me and I obviously got shredded in half a second. Two of my teammates called me a bot, told me to uninstall WoT and insulted my mother (real original).  What am I supposed to do in that kind of situation ? Carry the whole game ? Really wish I still had the replay just to prove I did nothing wrong. Does reporting toxic players actually get them banned ?

as for the replays, just enable to save them all. their size are minimal (average size 1.0mb-1.2mb)

ypr765prco #6 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:10 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42278 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Just enable the replays allready.

:popcorn:

Edited by ypr765prco, 15 June 2018 - 10:12 AM.

NoobySkooby #7 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:27 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 12112 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB
I just turn chat off, less distracting that way, people distract you just to make you look bad and remember it is the internet, there are no controls, if people were to act and speak to you IRL as they do in the chat, murder rates around the world would go up astronomically.

StinkyStonky #8 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:15 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27695 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

Three options :-

1) Disable chat in settings

2) Ignore them

3) Insult them back and "enjoy" the meta-game of trading insults

I'd suggest you do the one that makes you the happiest and/or negatively impacts your mental health the least.

Personally I enjoy (3) but I know some people hate it.

SiliconSidewinder #9 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27445 battles

hey Sidiax welcome to the Forum.

as the others already said.

Don't be bothered by it, consider wether you did something wrong or not, maybe watch your own replay.

Byond that, it's a game and and people tend to shift the blame for their own failures. Sad but true.

Evilier_than_Skeletor #10 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 17876 battles
  • [TSOP] TSOP

View PostTungstenHitman, on 14 June 2018 - 11:53 PM, said:

By the way there is no real tutorial vid for learning this game, just some basic game mechanics really which is a good start none the less.

That's unfortunately the case. There's plenty of getting started guides and how to play well. Huge gap in between -hardly any intermediate guides.

OP, this game is full of people, who look at the map once during a match: when they die and need to figure out who to blame. Don't worry about it.

250swb #11 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:34 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22100 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSidiax, on 14 June 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

A scout spots me and I obviously got shredded in half a second. 

I'm not condoning the behaviour of the people in chat, but the above quoted sentence is a clue to why they may have reacted that way. a) you were hiding or the significance of being spotted wouldn't be important. b) you were 'shredded' in seconds, which means there were plenty of enemy tanks close enough to then see you after being spotted. So perhaps your teammates had already noticed you hanging back and hiding during the main part of the battle, and there is a lot of frustration when the last player doesn't go down with guns blazing in an unwinnable battle but tries to hide instead. Post the replay and show us what actually happened.

Jigabachi #12 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:39 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You are playing tiers that still are way above your skilllevel, resulting in a quite bad performance, so ignore the insults (and report those players when necessary) and question yourself if the other stuff that people throw at you might somehow make sense. After all, bad feedback is feedback, too.

blindhai #13 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 24566 battles
  • [BFFC] BFFC

View PostSidiax, on 14 June 2018 - 11:57 PM, said:

Two of my teammates called me a bot, told me to uninstall WoT and insulted my mother (real original).  What am I supposed to do in that kind of situation ? Carry the whole game ? Really wish I still had the replay just to prove I did nothing wrong. Does reporting toxic players actually get them banned ?

Is the toxicity pointless? Yes!

Reporting them only gets them a temoprary chatban, but the WoT community is toxic in general, so no one even cares to report anyone for "f**k your w***e mother". The best way is to deactivate chat at all, which is pretty sad for a multiplayer game, if you ask me.

Activating Replays is pretty easy, so do it for the next time, if you care. :) 

On the other hand you are playing tier 8 while you should first learn the game better at the lower tiers. Right now you are a burden to all your teammates.

Edited by blindhai, 15 June 2018 - 01:56 PM.

Babbet_1 #14 Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:05 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10825 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

When our deep purple falls

When our top tiers lose their balls

And the team begins to wither and decay

From the depths of depravity

A dead team mate shouts at me

“Uninstall you effin noob or learn to play!”

Well, I took his advice

Though his language wasn’t nice

And I went out and bought a premium 8

But OP tanks don’t work for me

Cos I’m a noobish OAP

For me the words “Git Gud” come far too late

So here’s a tip from me

At whatever skill you be

Take no notice of insults in the chat

Just get right on and play your game

Whilst you may not get into Fame

You’re better than that useless foul mouthed prat!

And for the younger generation, who may not remember the original version:

Spoiler

Edited by Babbet_1, 15 June 2018 - 05:35 PM.

Isharial #15 Posted 15 June 2018 - 05:49 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 19637 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSidiax, on 14 June 2018 - 10:57 PM, said:

without knowing what you did, or did not do, within the battle, I can only assume things.. 

ive been in battles, where said flank is winning, then begins to lose ground, and starts to get overrun by the enemy. that's fine (you got outplayed), until you notice 2 full HP guys in heavies behind you (or maybe not).. can request help as much as you want, these guys don't care until they're last alive and spamming chat with "noob team" and "GG we lost" etc.. when they didn't actually do anything to win in the first place but hide...

you may, or may not, have been like that, but it does spark annoyance and hate towards those who do that.. 

those that are still on full hp and sit the most pointless locations waiting while their team is smashed to bits? frustrating really.. you can see why they might have been salty right? 

stat bashing aside, what constitutes decent damage to you? me, as a T8, atleast 2k, but to others that will be different some may see 3k, others 1k, its the perception. to you, 1k might be "epic" game with your T34, but to others all they will see is "look at this noob" but without a replay, we'll never know :P

does sound like you were a little useless where you were though. a T34 isn't known for its camo, but its still decent enough hulldown against other T8's, and that you wrote "scout spots me" does tell me that you were far too far back to assist your allies in their defence, or push

perhaps, you were to blame for the insulting language? your play perhaps? or maybe you were just the beanbag... 

on that last bit "Nothing wrong" can mean a multitude of things.. you may not have tk'd anyone, may not have damaged any ally, may not have insulted anyone, but if you wernt helping and all you did was camp in the first bush you saw? well, that was something you did "wrong" :rolleyes:

Bordhaw #16 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11321 battles

View PostSidiax, on 14 June 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

gunslingerXXX #17 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:11 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10956 battles

just ignore, click battle again and hope for a better game.

Venom7000 #18 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1860 battles

Its all about how self reflecting you are and how objective you are to your performance. Like someone said before: did you camp? were you inactive? are you a light tank? (did you scout?)
If you can see that your actions did contribute to the loss of the game somehow. Then accept the blame in amount that you believe that you deserve.
I am always first to apologise and admit my f-up. But then again I had a player in my last game on Malinovka where a medium tank and a TD called me a noob and berated me for not being willing to SCOUT IN A 80hp KV2 (on 4 kills) tier 8 game. While he was full health in his wallet machine E25. 
So don't bother with those chat toxic people.
If you are a proper self critic as I am then you dont need to listen to anyone else on how much you sucked in this match and what you could have done.  :)

Edited by Venom7000, 15 June 2018 - 09:26 PM.

mpf1959 #19 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:34 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 14924 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

When I took my hazchem (many years ago) toxic was a highly dangerous substance that could kill easily. Now, it's a few words. Mind you, awesome is often used to describe the mundane, and wicked is now good!

Just tell them to "fawk off u w@nkers!" and play another game, it's just a few words!

OIias_of_Sunhillow #20 Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:11 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24376 battles
Report them to your form teacher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users