Weekend Spotlight - Tank Destroyers

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

TungstenHitman #1 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

I was waiting for this TD weekend to come around and was looking to forward to buying the tier8 Charioteer I recently unlocked for a nice discount and save myself around 500k credits but now I see there are only discounts on TDs tier5-7. What the f... honestly? Dearest WG, couldn't you have had discounts on TDs across ALL tiers instead? Well, now I don't buy it which means I also don't transfer my crew over from the Challenger with gold like I normally do with good crews which means I won't be spending money buying gold. So gj WG, being mean and restricting your discounts to just 3 mid tiers means you lost money instead of making it, smart. :sceptic:

https://worldoftanks...ank-destroyer/ 

StinkyStonky #2 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 26939 battles
  • [H5VOC] H5VOC

In the management meeting for the release of this special, the head of European Sales expressed your concern.

He said, "But, but, but TungstenHitman wants a discount on tier 8.  He's waiting to get the Charioteer and wants to save himself 500k silver.  If he doesn't get that, he won't buy the tank, wont retrain his crew for gold and wont buy even more gold !"

At that point the head of Development looked at the head of Russian Marketing and winked.  The head of Russian Marketing rolled his eyes and the head of Product Enhancement stated, "Yeah, we hate TungstenHitman, it's personal against him !"

Hedgehog1963 #3 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:26 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50863 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY
But you will buy it and you will transfer your crew with gold.

TungstenHitman #4 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:41 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

View PostHedgehog1963, on 15 June 2018 - 09:26 AM, said:

But you will buy it and you will transfer your crew with gold.

Never! I can do this! Just gotta look for inspiration in the right places

OK I can do this! Stupid game anyway... tanks... pfff... grow up everyone!

undutchable80 #5 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:51 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 6964 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Had the same feeling when HT & MT weekend spotlight was on; I have 2 Tier 8s and a Tier 9 waiting to be bought, but I refuse to buy at full price, so they will wait some more and I will continue to grind other tanks / crews.

The_Georgian_One #6 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:52 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 35200 battles
  • [KOFN] KOFN
It was the same for previous weekend specials, HTs and MTs. Not saying I'm happy with it either, cause I wanted to buy Ferdi with the plan to 3-mark it. Well...it can wait. Meanwhile my charioteer crew is sitting in Conway, working hard to unlock Heshbarn.

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:08 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

Ya I mean, goofing aside, I can wait for the discount and I'm happy to play away with my favorite tanks in the evening when there's an hour or two to spare but just like you guys made reference to the same limitations during the HT and MT weekend, why limit the discount to just a small handful of tiers when most likely a large portion of players have unlocked tier8-10 and are just waiting on the discount before purchasing them.

Kinda doesn't make sense really and they should just make it all tiers to keep the game ticking along nicely it's not like they're giving a real world money discount or I'm suddenly going to "damn, there's no discount on the Charioteer so I'll just have to buy a SkorpionG instead then!" I don't know anything about the Charioteer and I might not even like it so I'm willing to wait it's not like I don't have other tanks and if I did buy that Charioteer and waste 500k credits needlessly, I would just reflect on all that gold spamming fun I could have had for that 500k during battles with other tanks :great:

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:24 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 June 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

Ya I mean, goofing aside, I can wait for the discount and I'm happy to play away with my favorite tanks in the evening when there's an hour or two to spare but just like you guys made reference to the same limitations during the HT and MT weekend, why limit the discount to just a small handful of tiers when most likely a large portion of players have unlocked tier8-10 and are just waiting on the discount before purchasing them.

Kinda doesn't make sense really and they should just make it all tiers to keep the game ticking along nicely it's not like they're giving a real world money discount or I'm suddenly going to "damn, there's no discount on the Charioteer so I'll just have to buy a SkorpionG instead then!" I don't know anything about the Charioteer and I might not even like it so I'm willing to wait it's not like I don't have other tanks and if I did buy that Charioteer and waste 500k credits needlessly, I would just reflect on all that gold spamming fun I could have had for that 500k during battles with other tanks :great:

Because WG know that the largeportion of players you refer to are noobs and tomatoes like me, and they have listened to all the ranting on the forum and so they want to prevent the likes of me from buying T8+ more easily. They offer me a discount on the lower tier TD's in the hope that I will buy them, play at lower tiers and learn how to be better at T8+.

Simples. 

Hedgehog1963 #9 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:32 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50863 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 June 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Charioteer is good.  It has the Tier X MT gun.  You must however resist the temptation to play it like a MT (which it resembles).

TungstenHitman #10 Posted 15 June 2018 - 12:00 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

View Postunhappy_bunny, on 15 June 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

Because WG know that the largeportion of players you refer to are noobs and tomatoes like me, and they have listened to all the ranting on the forum and so they want to prevent the likes of me from buying T8+ more easily. They offer me a discount on the lower tier TD's in the hope that I will buy them, play at lower tiers and learn how to be better at T8+.

Simples. 

Wahaha! Tinfoil hat to checkout 3 pls! That's a pretty interesting way of thinking though I would never have seen it like that. You could be onto something though and encouraging players(not just noobs or whatever) to purchase and play mid tier tanks WOULD keep a nice stock of targets for WGs tier8 premium users to club... my God.. MIND BLOWN! TOTALLY GETS A GIF

Don't forget though, tier8 normally sucks in anything other that a light tank and TD. The formula for tier is as follows

tier8 + stock tenk = fun

tier8 + stock tenk + noob = great fun

tier8 + stock tenk + noob + noob team = the most fun ever!!

and on the flip side

tier8 premium + top crew + unicum vs tier6 and 7s + stock tenks + noobs + noob team = WAahahaahahaa!!!!! O ya!

View PostHedgehog1963, on 15 June 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Charioteer is good.  It has the Tier X MT gun.  You must however resist the temptation to play it like a MT (which it resembles).

Hmmm I wonder however a player might get confused by that... lets see, o yes, it's a tier6 Cromwell medium tank that has a top speed more like the Comet... which is also Cromwellian and it also has a tier10 medium tank gun you say? so basically it's all medium tank, but with slightly worse traverse, less hp, less view range, better camo and a big ol meaty boom stick which is obviously what its' all about, wrecking tier10 with a tier8. I reckon I play it like a Hellcat things should be fine but my only concern is the HESH. I never played HESH before and unlike the Hellcat that can 2 key massive pen APCR and punch holes in top tier tanks, HESH cant, and that's what worries me! When I face some big OP armor brut like a Type5 or Bobject, what the hell use is HESH supposed to do?

Edited by NickMustaine, 17 June 2018 - 08:40 AM.

SuNo_TeSLa #11 Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:46 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 34062 battles
  • [SWEPH] SWEPH
Can’t say i’m too saddened NOT to see a sudden surge of bobjects and *edited*barns

Edited by NickMustaine, 17 June 2018 - 08:42 AM.
inappropriate remarks

Hedgehog1963 #12 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:50 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 50863 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 June 2018 - 11:10 AM, said:

Hmmm I wonder however a player might get confused by that... lets see, o yes, it's a tier6 Cromwell medium tank that has a top speed more like the Comet... which is also Cromwellian and it also has a tier10 medium tank gun you say? so basically it's all medium tank, but with slightly worse traverse, less hp, less view range, better camo and a big ol meaty boom stick which is obviously what its' all about, wrecking tier10 with a tier8. I reckon I play it like a Hellcat things should be fine but my only concern is the HESH. I never played HESH before and unlike the Hellcat that can 2 key massive pen APCR and punch holes in top tier tanks, HESH cant, and that's what worries me! When I face some big OP armor brut like a Type5 or Bobject, what the hell use is HESH supposed to do?

You can't hit anything while moving hardly ever.

HESH is just OP HE.  you'll hill most of the crew of a Type 4 with it.

Homer_J #13 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 June 2018 - 09:38 AM, said:

I was waiting for this TD weekend to come around and was looking to forward to buying the tier8 Charioteer

I just sold that thing and trust me, they have done you a favour.

Although it never felt bad it was possibly too team dependant.

Search_Warrant #14 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:27 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 26690 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
weekend spotlight! another skorpionG sale..

FluffyRedFox #15 Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:36 PM

General

• Player
  • 22547 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
but why buy the Charioteer when the Skorpion G is on sale for the 12,562nd time this year

arthurwellsley #16 Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 51256 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Charioteer is so much better than the Challenger

http://wotreplays.eu...sley-charioteer

TungstenHitman #17 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:14 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

View PostHomer_J, on 15 June 2018 - 03:21 PM, said:

I just sold that thing and trust me, they have done you a favour.

Although it never felt bad it was possibly too team dependant.

What's wrong with it? Tell me your just dramatizing

View Postarthurwellsley, on 15 June 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

Charioteer is so much better than the Challenger

http://wotreplays.eu...sley-charioteer

Is it?

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4394699#malinovka-tungstenhitman-challenger

Nah all jokes aside, when I saw the camo values, low profile, mobility, turret and big alpha gun with somewhat acceptable looking aim time, accuracy and delicious shell velocity/pen of the standard AP of the Charioteer, for a tier8 anyway, it set this grind in motion. The Charioteer is the tank I'm after and think it was suit my Hellcat always bottom tier TD come Medium come Scout sort of playstyle always moving around and action... at least that is what I am hoping this TD translates into, it ain't like I haven't enough practice at that playstyle with the HC... and with the higher tiers juicy fat heavy tanks busting with HP I would really be hoping to crack 5-6k for a decent battle. It even has low ammo just like the HC, making ever shot count and not pulling the trigger unless reasonably happy, nothing worse than running out of ammo with a tank and plenty of targets left yet no teammates lol

Spurtung #18 Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:28 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 61581 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 June 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

I was waiting for this TD weekend to come around and was looking to forward to buying the tier8 Charioteer I recently unlocked for a nice discount and save myself around 500k credits but now I see there are only discounts on TDs tier5-7. What the f... honestly? Dearest WG, couldn't you have had discounts on TDs across ALL tiers instead? Well, now I don't buy it which means I also don't transfer my crew over from the Challenger with gold like I normally do with good crews which means I won't be spending money buying gold. So gj WG, being mean and restricting your discounts to just 3 mid tiers means you lost money instead of making it, smart. :sceptic:

https://worldoftanks...ank-destroyer/ 

I'm with you, after seeing the special for HTs and MTs limiting discounts to tiers 5-7, I also expected a discount on tier 8 TDs. Oh, wait...

NUKLEAR_SLUG #19 Posted 16 June 2018 - 03:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 27510 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 June 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

When I face some big OP armor brut like a Type5 or Bobject, what the hell use is HESH supposed to do?

If you find yourself in front of a Type5 then something has already gone drastically wrong so your HESH pen is probably the least of your worries.

Edited by NUKLEAR_SLUG, 16 June 2018 - 03:29 AM.

Homer_J #20 Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:42 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostTungstenHitman, on 15 June 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

What's wrong with it? Tell me your just dramatizing

It's a mobile TD with no armour which depends on not getting spotted for survival.  Every hit will take out your ammo rack and driver and track you.  The current maps offer few places to use it to it's full potential and even then you rely on your team holding back and not yoloing through into the enemy where you can't help.

It has great potential which you can use maybe 10% of the time, the rest of the time either you hide at the back uselessly, or join in at the front where you are going to die quickly.

I had a few great battles in it, the absolute last one I got the do 4x your hitpoints mission completed, on a loss.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users