Request to remove tank-/nation-specific lock for CW camouflages

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TheGamingLion #1 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39132 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

I don't usually post on these forums but have no idea where else to put this, so here goes.

I never understood why CW reward camouflages had to be locked to a specific nation (and tank, after applying them once). To me it's just an annoyance. I wouldn't even move them from tank to tank to save money. I would just like to know that I can still use them freely anywhere else after removing them from some tank I previously applied them on.

Every other camouflage in the game is free to use again after removing it from a certain tank (unless it's the Lorraine camo or similar). It's not like WG are losing money by making this a possibility for CW camos. 99% of players who have CW camos also have stockpiles of regular camouflage lying around.

When the new customisation interface was released, all CW camouflages were I think not only not locked to a specific nation, but also freely movable.

This actually made players including me quite happy. It was also noticed quickly.

So finally a good change happens, which turns out to be accidental. A week later, or maybe even earlier, we get a micropatch fixing this. Removing all CW camos from tanks they were applied to, leaving players wondering why the hell their tanks are naked. Leaving players confused as to which camouflages they had used on their tanks. And only a while after reapplying was it found out that WG locked camouflages to the tanks they were applied to again without giving anyone anything that would even resemble a heads-up.

I'm especially quite annoyed by the recent Lightning Camouflage only being applicable to 1 nation, which you have to choose before getting it. This was mentioned nowhere, literally nowhere as a requirement, before and during its corresponding campaign. Every single CW player only found out about this when they earned that customisation style.

An option to get an overview on all kinds of camos that are used/unused would be great as well, like a category in the garage's depot for camouflages. Currently, information like that is only accessible via the customisation interface, which doesn't tell a lot.

Any thoughts on this? Am I backed with this suggestion?

I know that this is nitpicking and there are way more underlying issues with the game, but one might as well start somewhere. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please correct me if I was wrong/too unspecific on any of the arguments I based my standpoint on.

TL;DR WG, please remove the locking of CW reward camouflages/styles, it probably doesn't earn you extra money and is only annoying and to some probably confusing.

Edited by TheGamingLion, 15 June 2018 - 04:13 PM.

Homer_J #2 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:25 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

I think what happened was that someone realised that it would be possible to write a mod to switch the camo around automatically.

It is a bit odd though that the hundred or so camos I already have can be freely switched, some of which were obtained for free when tank lines were split.

So yes, it makes very little sense.

lgfrbcsgo #3 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 29877 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostHomer_J, on 15 June 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

I think what happened was that someone realised that it would be possible to write a mod to switch the camo around automatically.

Wasn't me, my mod is not able to switch styles between tanks :hiding:

Y_O_L_0 #4 Posted 15 June 2018 - 06:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 19186 battles
  • [LGEND] LGEND

Before the campaign began, it didn't say anywhere that the lightning style will be locked to one nation. I guess this information was lost in translation.

Also, I did not receive the digital camos yet. Did you guys receive them?

TheGamingLion #5 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 39132 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

View PostY_O_L_0, on 15 June 2018 - 07:32 PM, said:

Before the campaign began, it didn't say anywhere that the lightning style will be locked to one nation. I guess this information was lost in translation.

Also, I did not receive the digital camos yet. Did you guys receive them?

Nope, but I did get an email with this content from WG:

"Dear Arms Race participant!

As you know, the event is now over and it’s time to reap the benefits of your hard work. We have opened the reward tank process for you yesterday and today we credited most of the rewards you have earned.

The only thing that still has to arrive in your garage are the digital camouflages. Those should arrive on your account by the end of next week.

We thank you for your patience and your fierce dedication to our game!

Roll out!"

_Crusad3r_ #6 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29123 battles
  • [MEME] MEME
+1 to this :B

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users