No more $$$ for WG

bugs errors steamroll

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Procjon #1 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:51 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 54290 battles

This is the last time i spent any money in this game.

What's the point of investing real $$$ for a product that doesn't fix obvious issues. Chat? nah, who needs it, right?, private messenger, nah, who needs it, right? Arena errors causing kick out from the queue after waiting 2-3 minutes, game crashes but hey here you have FOOTBALL MODE, enjoy.

Additionally we have steamrolls.....our old friend but somehow it comes to visit more often, my level is 38%. Again, spending money on a product that almost every 2nd game is steamrolled? and those lovely weekends.

Some people say it is a fault of high number of low skilled players. NOPE. When i was studying i was told one thing. It is never a fault of a person operating particular machine, software, and etc. but it is a fault of poorly designed system whatever it might be that someone has to work on.

So here we are, my wallet is closed. 

HF

Edited by Procjon, 16 June 2018 - 07:56 PM.

TsundereWaffle #2 Posted 15 June 2018 - 07:53 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 26579 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
ok

staurinsh #3 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:02 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 29224 battles
Spends hundreds and after that posts no more money...

Bordhaw #4 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 10891 battles

View PostProcjon, on 15 June 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

What's the point of investing real $$$ for a product that doesn't fix obvious issues. Chat? nah, who needs it, right?, private messenger, nah, who needs it, right? Arena errors causing kick out from the queue after waiting 2-3 minutes, game crashes but hey here you have FOOTBALL MODE, enjoy.

Additionally we have steamrolls.....our old friend but somehow it comes to visit more often, my level is 38%. Again, spending money on a product that almost every 2nd game is steamrolled? and those lovely weekends.

Some people say it is a fault of high number of low skilled players. NOPE. When i was studying i was told one thing. It is never a fault of a person operating particular machine, software, and etc. but it is a fault of poorly designed system whatever it might be that someone has to work on.

HF

The real question is WG can be bothered to spend plenty of time on a one time "football mode" with new tanks, stadium, graphics, GUI's etc but zero time on any new maps in what years...

HeidenSieker #5 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:28 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostProcjon, on 15 June 2018 - 07:51 PM, said:

(snip)

This is the same post as those who flounce out of the game and have their current game count posted.

It's worth the same.

_b_ #6 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:34 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 54995 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 15 June 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

This is the same post as those who flounce out of the game and have their current game count posted.

It's worth the same.

Nope it aint, it's the post of one used to throwing money at WG and hence allowing ppl to play for free ... and like me have also come to the conclusion to stop / halt / limit spending .... all in all not an overly healthy sign.

Game is still great and I'll keep playing,...but keep paying!? Nehh... Only hope is that WG actually might have brains .... this 10.0.2 update at least showed they could introduce new tanks that were balanced.

All we need now is for them to fix MM, maps, a few broken vehicles and limit arty to just 1 each team :D

OIias_of_Sunhillow #7 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:40 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 24133 battles

NOPE. When i was studying i was told one thing. It is never a fault of a person operating particular machine, software, and etc. .

Because driverless cars constantly crash into one another.

Where did you study, Mothercare ?

Aikl #8 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:08 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25167 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBordhaw, on 15 June 2018 - 07:40 PM, said:

The real question is WG can be bothered to spend plenty of time on a one time "football mode" with new tanks, stadium, graphics, GUI's etc but zero time on any new maps in what years...

There are probably reasons behind it. One is that WoT actually has a lot of maps. It's probably in WG's interest to keep the map selection fairly simple - else the maps wouldn't be this dumbed-down or so similar.

It's really striking when you've played the other tank game for a bit. War Thunder seems to have 37 maps for tanks. Can't see all in any tank/tier, but the variation's still decent. Thing is, those maps tend to have some sense to them, are decently designed and they are huge in comparison. I don't love all of them, but the variation certainly makes it less of an issue. 

HeidenSieker #9 Posted 15 June 2018 - 11:58 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View Post_b_, on 15 June 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

Nope it aint,

Oh yes it is. Hopeless. No point in posting.

Slyspy #10 Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:22 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
You didn't invest your money, you spent it. 

spamhamstar #11 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostHeidenSieker, on 15 June 2018 - 10:58 PM, said:

No point in posting.

Another classic line from Heiden :)

View PostSlyspy, on 16 June 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

You didn't invest your money, you spent it. 

I guess he knows that from his opening line:

Although buying prem time or a prem tank could be considered an investment if you consider the benefit they give to be worthwhile.  A bit subjective.

Slyspy #12 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postspamhamstar, on 16 June 2018 - 08:00 AM, said:

Another classic line from Heiden :)

I guess he knows that from his opening line:

Although buying prem time or a prem tank could be considered an investment if you consider the benefit they give to be worthwhile.  A bit subjective.

I'm not so sure given his second sentence. Either way it is no more of and investment than buying any other consumer item. Less so in fact since it is virtual and can be taken away tomorrow. 

spamhamstar #13 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostSlyspy, on 16 June 2018 - 07:35 AM, said:

I'm not so sure given his second sentence. Either way it is no more of and investment than buying any other consumer item. Less so in fact since it is virtual and can be taken away tomorrow. 

Does the benefit received have to be permanent in order for it to be an investment? 

For example, I could invest in a new pair of shoes.  I would only receive a benefit from those shoes while they lasted & they would have little or no resale value.  I've gone through several pairs of shoes in the time I've been playing Wot, so I'm starting to question if my IS6 might actually have been a better investment.  Plus the more I play it the longer my shoes last :)

Balenorn #14 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:07 AM

Private

• Player
  • 1681 battles

View Post_b_, on 15 June 2018 - 09:34 PM, said:

All we need now is for them to fix MM, maps, a few broken vehicles and limit arty to just 1 each team :D

Template is a bit wonky sure, I'd agree it needs adjustment.

Limiting Arty to 1 per game, will achieve the opposite to what you want. Currently with up to three per game, you see 0/1/2/3 arty per game, if WG limit to one per game, you will always see 1 per game, instead of the games where you get zero. personally I can live with seeing 2/3 arty in a game, for the games where I see none.

Slyspy #15 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postspamhamstar, on 16 June 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Does the benefit received have to be permanent in order for it to be an investment? 

For example, I could invest in a new pair of shoes.  I would only receive a benefit from those shoes while they lasted & they would have little or no resale value.  I've gone through several pairs of shoes in the time I've been playing Wot, so I'm starting to question if my IS6 might actually have been a better investment.  Plus the more I play it the longer my shoes last :)

An investment is made in order to (hopefully) get a monetary return. Simple as that.

You could regard any benefit received from spending your cash on a product a result of "investment" but you'd be wrong to do so. In fact it is unhelpful to do so - it can create a feeling of ownership and entitlement which goes beyond the mere product which you purchased, a feeling which is entirely false. 

SlyMeerkat #16 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 15852 battles
  • [FILO] FILO
Ok than :)

spamhamstar #17 Posted 16 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 64310 battles
  • [LLAY] LLAY

View PostSlyspy, on 16 June 2018 - 08:14 AM, said:

An investment is made in order to (hopefully) get a monetary return. Simple as that.

You could regard any benefit received from spending your cash on a product a result of "investment" but you'd be wrong to do so. In fact it is unhelpful to do so - it can create a feeling of ownership and entitlement which goes beyond the mere product which you purchased, a feeling which is entirely false. 

Maybe you should at least try googling things before you start stating them as if they're fact.  You're certainly well wide of the mark with your personal definitition for investment, as the origin of the word has nothing to do with monetary return whatsoever, even if you only go as far back as it's english origin & ignore the latin.

This is only unhelpful to your argument, not to the correct use of english.  Some other uses for "invest" you may have missed:

Devote (one's time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result.

Buy (a relatively expensive product) whose usefulness will repay the cost.

Provide or endow someone or something with (a particular quality or attribute).

Formally confer a rank or office on (someone).

Confer a right or power on (someone or something).

Clothe or cover with a garment.

Surround (a place) in order to besiege or blockade it.

overcorpse #18 Posted 16 June 2018 - 02:35 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 21257 battles
  • [BRTD] BRTD

View PostSlyspy, on 16 June 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Incorrect.Please try again.

panter22 #19 Posted 16 June 2018 - 05:37 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 14991 battles

HF

wow it toke you that long i stop spending money 4 years ago gz

Slyspy #20 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:54 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postspamhamstar, on 16 June 2018 - 01:32 PM, said:

Maybe you should at least try googling things before you start stating them as if they're fact.  You're certainly well wide of the mark with your personal definitition for investment, as the origin of the word has nothing to do with monetary return whatsoever, even if you only go as far back as it's english origin & ignore the latin.

This is only unhelpful to your argument, not to the correct use of english.  Some other uses for "invest" you may have missed:

Devote (one's time, effort, or energy) to a particular undertaking with the expectation of a worthwhile result.

Buy (a relatively expensive product) whose usefulness will repay the cost.

Provide or endow someone or something with (a particular quality or attribute).

Formally confer a rank or office on (someone).

Confer a right or power on (someone or something).

Clothe or cover with a garment.

Surround (a place) in order to besiege or blockade it.

I'm well aware of other meanings, but none seem terribly relevant to the OP which talks of investing money. 

Also tagged with bugs, errors, steamroll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users