A tank game dilemma - which one to play?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Mko #1 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 16132 battles

Hi!

I have a problem with my tank games. As far as I know, the market contains 3 main tank games, and I've played each one of them at least to some extent, and I have a problem with each one... so I don't know what tank game to play.

Now I would be playing Armored Warfare, as it suits me best mechanics-wise. But that game has basically no PvP population right now and I don't like PvE at all. In its current state, AW is basically unplayable for me. Please don't take this as an advertisement for AW, it's not.

Of course I tried War Thunder. Several times, and every single time I couldn't stand it and uninstalled it. I can't stand the mechanics and 1-shotting in that game. It's just RNG taken to the max, and the barrier for entry is also really high. Trying to go from arcade to realistic is a huge jump and overall I just really can't stand the core gameplay and mechanics of WT. So that's a no-no.

As for WOT... I can sort of stand it, but at the same time I can't. Maybe I got spoiled in AW, but I don't want to deal with premium ammo BS and arty BS. Also the gameplay can irritate me on its own, specifically the lack of accuracy and mobility. You can't shoot properly and you can't change position properly, it gets pretty boring, tbh. And then someone comes in and rips my E-75 turret to shreds with premium ammo and the rage-quit is born. So WOT is basically a no-go for me as well... or, well, I can take it in very small doses.

So I am asking... is there a tank game that I don't know about and that I could play? Or am I at the mercy of mail.ru and MyCom to start properly developing AW and get players into the game, so I can come back to that? Damn I wish I had the resources to make my own game...

Edited by Mko, 15 June 2018 - 08:28 PM.

FluffyRedFox #2 Posted 15 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

General

• Player
  • 23396 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

And there's the issue with WoT, there's little competition and fulfils the "Arcade WW2 tank" game niche, allowing them to get away with a lot more poorer decisions that they honestly should be able to. Afaik, there's no other game like WoT, with all the new/ upcoming tank games being more realistic and simulator-like, such as Post Scriptum. 

Battlefield V could be a contender when released, but afaik while the game does have tanks, the game will be more focused on usual FPS things.

Pansenmann #3 Posted 15 June 2018 - 09:44 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 34377 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

WT is for planes. and it's unfair. unless you like the simulator approach.

WG games are arcade stuff with some historicity. (except blitz, which is for braindead)

then you have AW and Crossout which are totally arcade p2w ripoffs

and some handful of wot clones.

and then you have the full simulator things like ARMA (with mods) and

other games which lack the graphics side.

Edited by Pansenmann, 15 June 2018 - 09:45 PM.

SiliconSidewinder #4 Posted 15 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27734 battles

well the easy solution would be:

1: don't play tank games.

2: start looking for tanks in WoT that actually do what you like.

E 75 just isn't the tank that relocates fast....

3: play aw, play WT

Pattonizer #5 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:40 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 8734 battles
Just tried out War Thunder, and I simply love it. The realistic atmosphere, the race for the first visual on tangos and the first shot is very enjoyable. Even if you're knocked down by some random target, you don't feel as cheated as in WOT by the spotting system. However, WOT has some delicate brawling, somewhat bs playstyle which is fun tbh, there are no such things in WT.

WT's nuances are just truly realistic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users