Bond Requirements

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Indy_Bones #1 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:45 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29852 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Firstly let me say that I fully understand that the rules and regulations of the recent 'Arms Race' campaign were clearly laid out and there is no ambiguity over the requirement to convert 4k bonds in exchange for the reward tank you could earn, however there's a major fly in the ointment:

Where have all the Grand Battles and Tier X only battles disappeared to???

Last campaign I had nearly a month (instead of 2 weeks) to grind out the bonds required, and with the frequency of both Grand Battles and normal Tier X only games at that point, it wasn't an 'easy' grind, but perfectly manageable, this time round however, there's HALF the time to get the bonds, and almost everyone I know is making the same complaint about a complete lack of suitable battles to earn bonds in (at a sensible level anyway), as they simply aren't getting Grand Battles or Tier X only games.

There may well have been opportunities before the campaign for players to earn bonds via Ranked Battles and Frontline modes - but why should players be forced into gamemodes they don't enjoy, purely to obtain arbitrary bonds that weren't even required to get reward tanks all the way up to Operation Gambit???

Can someone at WG please make one of the following things happen if possible:

1) Remove this pathetic requirement of bonds for reward tanks, players already committed a large amount of time and effort in the campaign itself just to get in the reward places, adding bonds on top is just a slap in the face, it wasn't good last time, and it's even worse this time round

2) Extend the time period for collecting the reward tanks to enable people to get the bonds they need on a non-truncated timescale (although the current lack of GB/Tier X only battles will still be an issue)

3) Flick whatever switch in the MM system is that's preventing people from getting Grand Battles and Tier X only, so that they appear with the regularity and frequency they did previously, I've played nearly 200 battles in the past week, and I've seen a Grand Battle ONCE, that's right ONCE ONLY ffs.

I don't want this to appear as a whine thread, but frankly I think it's ludicrous that I put in 3-5 hours PER NIGHT in the campaign to help my clan and acheive a reward tank, and at this rate I won't even get the tank because it's proving almost impossible to get the number of bonds daily to keep on track due to the MM system simply not offering the games to allow me to do so.

Sort it out please WG ffs...

Sherwood_Ankou #2 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:42 AM

Private

• Player
  • 72996 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
On the Grand Battles, I haven't had them on EU2 recently. I've only had them on EU1 in the evening.

Indy_Bones #3 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29852 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

So far today (small sample I admit), it's been 8 battles where I've chosen a tier X tank, I've got a full tier X battle just once (no GB's), and due to being unable to carry a terrible team in that game - no bonds acquired.

I've managed the grand total of 2 bonds across those 8 battles...at this rate I only need to play 600 battles today to make my daily 150 bond target...........

xx984 #4 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:16 AM

Major

• Player
  • 54964 battles
  • [GO-IN] GO-IN
I'm always getting full tier 10 game after game, pro tip; do it in platoon of same classes, e.g 2 tier 10 lights. Which is VERY unlikely to be in any other mm apart from 1 tier and 5/10 at a stretch. Also platoon MM is worse.

Indy_Bones #5 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29852 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Thanks for the tip dude, and when a few more of the clan members get online later I'm sure that will help, but it still doesn't solve the underlying issue here I'm afraid.

I'm now at 11 games played, only a single tier X only game, a horrible winrate due to some awful teams (e.g. last game I did 4.5k damage with 5 kills in my batchat, but got shot by one of my own teammates who didn't think I was playing right in their mind and we lost), and I've STILL had no real chance to earn bonds.

So I've spent over 2 hours this morning trying to get bonds, all for the grand total of about 4, and whilst I freely admit that I could have played better in a couple of games, I've basically been totally hamstrung by the MM system (and WG's nonsensical bond requirements for a reward tank), and there's virtually NOTHING I can do about this, other than take XX984's suggestion and hope that platoons will bring me more joy, but otherwise it feels like nothing more than 2 hours wasted and WG having a damn good laugh at me in the process...

15JG52Brauer #6 Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:06 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75275 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
I think this issue with having to grind bonds shows that even when trying to do something which in principle might be seen as a good thing (ie give the players choice - take the bonds, or take the tank) WG seem to forget that this is a GAME, and Games's are meant to be fun - not a job. Sure I get it that the top clans should get more bonds than those lower in the rankings - but everyone should get enough bonds to get the tank if they want it at the end of the campaign right away, and not have to grind and grind to get them. Not everyone could or wanted to play ranked - and they should not be forced to, just to get a CW reward tank. And before anyone thinks I am bitching cos I am going to miss out - nope - I played ranked,frontlines  etc I had enough bonds before the campaign - and I still think what WG have done sucks and is morally wrong. If they saw what a campaign does to a clan they might understand that after 2 or 4 weeks of stress, you should not put those players through more stress and concern about whether they will get enough bonds to get a reward which they should have got anyway. If you are in the top 9000 you should simply get a choice - pick your tank, or get some bonds - that way anyone who earnt a licence can get a tank, and anyone who doesnt want a tank can get bonds - simple, fair and it doesnt turn your game into a job and ruin the FUN - WG, you make a game - your job is to make it FUN so we keep playing - dont forget that......

Edited by 15JG52Brauer, 16 June 2018 - 12:08 PM.

UrQuan #7 Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:12 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19459 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Brauer is right on. With the comments & questions of people trying to grind up enough bonds to buy their CW reward tank, this feels all kinds of wrong.

Indy_Bones #8 Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:46 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29852 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

At the minute I feel totally dejected by the whole situation.

I put in a shedload of time on the previous campaign, and then had to grind out nearly 4k bonds to get my 907, and whilst that was tough, at least I had the time and MM setup to make it happen, this time round it feels almost impossible given the time constraints and my seeming inability to get the tier X/GB I need for the bonds.

Why is a players time, effort and commitment in campaign no longer enough, why do we have to grind out bonds (potentially in alternate game modes we might hate playing) just to get something we've surely already earned from our active participation and finishing place in the campaign?

It's not fair, it's not fun, and frankly it's not right IMHO.

15JG52Brauer #9 Posted 16 June 2018 - 12:49 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 75275 battles
  • [WHO] WHO
Unless people speak out about it and show that they are not happy about it then nothing will be done - the only thing WG have done in CW campaigns that was worse than this was when they made people buy thier IS5's for gold, if they werent in  the top places - that was just a shameless money grab - this is something else - maybe actually worse because it ruins peoples fun, makes them stress out for even longer and might make people look for something else to do once they either achieve their goal or realise they cannot - what it does not do is make people come away from the whole campaign experience thinking it was challenging fun - instead for many pkayers they come away thinking "thank bleep that's over - lets hope there isnt another one for some time"  - and sureley that is not the sort of end user experience the campaign is meant to give. I expect it has been "fun" to some extent for the top clans who never had to stress about fame points or bond grinding - but down here at the coal face of the normal clans - it's not fun ,but still people want the tanks so we try -  the fighting, the fame points etc, even the grind of constant battles could be forgotten if there was a fair reward system instead of this system which forces so many to grind bonds. I actually posted this in a feedback survey after the first "tanks for bonds" campaign - again I got that tank, but felt it was a "No Fun" system that didnt belong in a game which should be trying to provide fun content for it's players - not stress tham out and ruin the fun.

Here is a real life analogy - if WG were running the world cup ,players who made it to the semi finals etc would not get any pay or rewards for getting to that position until they played  for another 2 to 4 weeks back in their national leagues to earn the right to buy their medals/get paid - if FIFA tried that there would be upror - so how come WG can get away with it in our CW campaigns?

Edited by NickMustaine, 20 June 2018 - 01:53 PM.

Woody_the_Viking #10 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:00 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25806 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

Not only that Brauer.

But say I was a decent footballplayer a hard working defender. My team manage to end up with a medal (gold,silver or bronce). But for me to get my medal I need to go back to the leauge I play in.

So say that I played for a team in the middle of the Premier leauge. I need to get me 20 points and I get 1 poiint for a win and 1 point for a goal made by me (but only if we win). This means that I can get it in 10 games, But the catch is that I can only get points if we do NOT have the homefield advantige and the team must be in a possision above our team in the leauge. So if we are on 10th place we can only get points in games to 9 of the other teams when playing on tier homefield.

Do you think this sounds like [edited]???  I do!!!  

Pleace WG start playing for us and listen on how to make things better.

Flavortown #11 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16158 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Not sure how its wg's fault that you didnt have foresight to save bonds (its not like its the first time they did this ) and/or that your clan didnt get into good position to get a decent multiplier.

Feel free to direct your whining towards WHO ever decided to fiddle around in basic front for 2 weeks in your clan

Homer_J #12 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:19 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIndy_Bones, on 16 June 2018 - 09:45 AM, said:

Firstly let me say that I fully understand that the rules and regulations of the recent 'Arms Race' campaign were clearly laid out and there is no ambiguity over the requirement to convert 4k bonds in exchange for the reward tank you could earn, however there's a major fly in the ointment:

Where have all the Grand Battles and Tier X only battles disappeared to???

Last campaign I had nearly a month (instead of 2 weeks) to grind out the bonds required,

You mean they didn't give out bonds for the campaign?  I thought it would be here's x thousand bonds for your efforts, you can spend them on pointless equipment or exchange them for a reward tank.

Indy_Bones #13 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 29852 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostHomer_J, on 17 June 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

You mean they didn't give out bonds for the campaign?  I thought it would be here's x thousand bonds for your efforts, you can spend them on pointless equipment or exchange them for a reward tank.

The amount of bonds depends on your individual final position combined with your clans multiplier of where the clan finished overall, so the bottom 2,554 players who qualified for the tank started with a 500 bond reward, times this by the clan multiplier (which was x2 in our case) and I got 1k bonds towards the 'reward' tank.

There were 625 clans actively taking part, we finished in the top 30% of them (193rd) and got tank licences for almost all of the players in the clan who actively took part, which we were really pleased with.

In order for me to have got enough bonds purely from the campaign, I'd have needed to have personally finished in the top 515 players overall AND have had a clan multiplier of x4 or better (clan to finish 93rd or better).

In response to Flavortown, firstly I didn't like either the Ranked or Frontline battle modes, and certainly not enough to have played them frequently in order to establish some sort of bond stockpile, and secondly, I don't tend to play a lot of tier X games under normal circumstances as I'm busy working on unlocking more tanks from tiers 6-X instead. I fully appreciate that there was time before the campaign, but why should I have to play game modes I don't enjoy, or have to spend all my time grinding out bonds between campaigns, all because WG changed the goalposts last time round and introduced a ridiculous bond requirement on top of the already high campaign requirements and stress???

What's more, there has been a distinct change in the MM system since the previous campaign, which does have an impact on ability to gain bonds through random battles purely due to lack of full tier X or Grand Battle games, this wasn't an issue last time, it really is now, and whereas last time I had a FULL MONTH with the previous MM setup to get the needed bonds (which I did and received my 907), this time it's 2 WEEKS only AND with the changed MM, surely you can see there's a rather large difference there?

Also, I'm not sure why you felt the need to criticise the efforts of our clan, especially when as I've just clarified with Homer J, getting the required bonds purely from the campaign alone is outside the reach of the vast majority of clans and players taking part...

UrQuan #14 Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19459 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 17 June 2018 - 08:19 AM, said:

Nope, sadly not. While I don't do CW stuff, I follow Frontline news for some fun & it quickly became apparent that this CW campaign wouldn't earn much bonds & in fact would cost you bonds if you wanted a prize.

I think a WG decision went horribly wrong here. My personal thought is that they wanted to empty the Bonds pileup some folks got going, without thinking deeper if these bond-collectors are actually interested in CW.

Pretty sure some folks just pile up bonds by accident. they just enjoy playing tons of TX games & end up with a big pile of bonds as side-result. WG probably wanted to empty those piles, forgetting that not everyone who has piles of bonds is interested in CW (and especially not if you have to pay to get your reward)

Btw, isn't this CW campaign one with the lowest active number of participants? Further nailing it into the grave? It's as if a system that wants you to pay for the prize doesn't work.

Homer_J #15 Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:14 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostIndy_Bones, on 17 June 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

In order for me to have got enough bonds purely from the campaign, I'd have needed to have personally finished in the top 515 players overall AND have had a clan multiplier of x4 or better (clan to finish 93rd or better).

Ah, OK, well that sounds like an entirely reasonable number to limit the reward tanks to.  Allowing the rest to get one if they have saved bonds from other modes seems a bit too nice really.

As someone who has never had more than a few hundred bonds in total I find this notion of earning several thousand from random battles somewhat fanciful and expect that you would have to have saved them from tryhard mode ranked battles.

Flavortown #16 Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16158 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

View PostIndy_Bones, on 17 June 2018 - 09:56 AM, said:

In response to Flavortown, firstly I didn't like either the Ranked or Frontline battle modes, and certainly not enough to have played them frequently in order to establish some sort of bond stockpile, and secondly, I don't tend to play a lot of tier X games under normal circumstances as I'm busy working on unlocking more tanks from tiers 6-X instead. I fully appreciate that there was time before the campaign, but why should I have to play game modes I don't enjoy, or have to spend all my time grinding out bonds between campaigns, all because WG changed the goalposts last time round and introduced a ridiculous bond requirement on top of the already high campaign requirements and stress???

What's more, there has been a distinct change in the MM system since the previous campaign, which does have an impact on ability to gain bonds through random battles purely due to lack of full tier X or Grand Battle games, this wasn't an issue last time, it really is now, and whereas last time I had a FULL MONTH with the previous MM setup to get the needed bonds (which I did and received my 907), this time it's 2 WEEKS only AND with the changed MM, surely you can see there's a rather large difference there?

Also, I'm not sure why you felt the need to criticise the efforts of our clan, especially when as I've just clarified with Homer J, getting the required bonds purely from the campaign alone is outside the reach of the vast majority of clans and players taking part...

Again still not wg's fault.

This campaign was announced near end of april so there was more than 2 weeks to do your bond grinding.

It isnt a grind for weeks to get a free tank, its a competition and you're clan didnt fair that well in it, simple as that.

It wasnt about getting into the 9k players, it was about getting enough bonds to buy it and that can be achieved by having foresight to get 4k bonds before hand or by simply being successful in the campaign.

If you guys didnt do well enough to get the tanks, tough shite, not everyone will get one and thats just the reality of it.

And for the bond grind, just do well enough to get the medals and play in tier 10 to maximise the income from them.

xtrem3x #17 Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32219 battles
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X

There should be a bond shop so people can buy/sell bonds to other players.

I have 4k bonds and nothing to do with them. Didn't play much in the Arms Race because there was no CW tank that I would actually play if I did get one. I was around to play the odd battles if they were low on players but I said not to use me unless they had to because other people might want the tank.

If there was a way to do it I would happily sell you the bonds required, I have about 5 or 6 tier 10s researched that I need the money to buy :amazed:

Edited by xtram3x, 17 June 2018 - 11:31 AM.

Geno1isme #18 Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:39 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 42622 battles
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT

View PostHomer_J, on 17 June 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

Ah, OK, well that sounds like an entirely reasonable number to limit the reward tanks to.  Allowing the rest to get one if they have saved bonds from other modes seems a bit too nice really.

What? You consider 500 tanks for ~35k players reasonable? When previous campaigns used to distribute over 10k tanks with no extra payments attached?

Woody_the_Viking #19 Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:51 AM

Private

• Player
  • 25806 battles
  • [WHO] WHO

View PostFlavortown, on 17 June 2018 - 08:16 AM, said:

Not sure how its wg's fault that you didnt have foresight to save bonds (its not like its the first time they did this ) and/or that your clan didnt get into good position to get a decent multiplier.

Feel free to direct your whining towards WHO ever decided to fiddle around in basic front for 2 weeks in your clan

I am not saying that it is WG fault. But before the CW reward tanks was something you didn't need to buy with bonds. I got the bonds and got my tank. But I still think that this the wrong way to go for WG. In a bigger picture of things so to make a CW event you need clans and players. For them to take part in it there have to some sort of price. So then you need a lot of players when some of the prices are in a % of particioating players. The 2 weeks that this campain lasted it is a stress to get all sorted and to get all players into games so that they earn famepoints. We only had 2 teams in our clan and the focus was to get as many players in a spot for to get the tank. 39 players played most of the campain and we got 37 in the top 9 000. And for being in the basic front that is where most of the clans fight and we tried to get to the advanced front but we came up against realy good clans. And we didn't preform as good as we can in some of those battles. and maybe we invested in the wrong time and didn't make it up to the posission that was our goal, but that is stil not the point of this thread.It has to do with the possibiletys to get Bonds in randoms battles. If you play in tier 10s and do not get into a grandbattle or an all tier 10 game then it will be hard to get them. and if you have a team of players that do not preform well so you lose and still no bonds... so the post I made was an example on how jard it can be to get the bonds.

And not everyone can be above average  players, i am just an average one that keeps on fighting. So in my case I like to think about all players execpt for BOTs. 

Homer_J #20 Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostGeno1isme, on 17 June 2018 - 11:39 AM, said:

What? You consider 500 tanks for ~35k players reasonable? When previous campaigns used to distribute over 10k tanks with no extra payments attached?

For a reward for the best of the best players yes.  It's not supposed to be something plebs like me could turn up a couple of days and get.  Seeing one of those tanks on the battlefield should mean something.

If they have been giving out 10k tanks in the past then that explains some of the abominable gameplay you see from them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users