Auto aim mods in football mode

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

m1x_angelico #1 Posted 16 June 2018 - 06:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22446 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

For two days, it's been fair play all around (except for tracking :) )

It's now Day 3 of the football mode and more and more people seem to be using auto aim mode.

How can we report these people, considering that it can't be reported using in-game system?

Balc0ra #2 Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:36 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66269 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

And how do you know they use that? Or is it because they simply hit something? As proving that on your perspective even with a replay is not easy. Thus why WG don't follow up on such reports. As all that replay shows, is he hit something. Not how he hit it. 

As some speculated they used it on the ball etc in a different topic. But since the ball is not even marked as a target, or something you can't even auto aim on. The client side mods have nothing to track. And as for track damage shots? Well, considering the E100 etc works like arty shells. And can do it even on a splash. It's not much to go on there either tbh. 

Spurtung #3 Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:37 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 63632 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP
What is that "auto aim mode" doing exactly?

SiliconSidewinder #4 Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27570 battles

.. or after two days the following things happened:

1: people that didn't like the mode left

2: people that did like it got better

Jigabachi #5 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Can you show us some of the replays you collected in order to end up with that conclusion?

m1x_angelico #6 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22446 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostBalc0ra, on 16 June 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

And how do you know they use that? Or is it because they simply hit something? As proving that on your perspective even with a replay is not easy. Thus why WG don't follow up on such reports. As all that replay shows, is he hit something. Not how he hit it. 

As some speculated they used it on the ball etc in a different topic. But since the ball is not even marked as a target, or something you can't even auto aim on. The client side mods have nothing to track. And as for track damage shots? Well, considering the E100 etc works like arty shells. And can do it even on a splash. It's not much to go on there either tbh. 

The fact that they don't miss a single shot, consistently hitting high speed balls, behaviour of cuppola when ball goes high, over them, when they spin or go up the wall, hitting the ball even when spinning up the wall, etc. If you are unfamiliar with auto aim "cheat" I recommend googling or youtubing a bit.

View PostJigabachi, on 16 June 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Can you show us some of the replays you collected in order to end up with that conclusion?

I would very much like to, but don't want to receieve another "name and shame" "warning".

NUKLEAR_SLUG #7 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:53 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29179 battles

So no proof just 'Da feels'...

Well that's me convinced!!

8126Jakobsson #8 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:57 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 66397 battles

hey angelico, check this one out :child: (I don't know if these football replays work, just saved it in case) 

http://wotreplays.eu..._105_sport_name

m1x_angelico #9 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22446 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Just one things guys. Off course, you can offer your opinion here, that's the point. But, I am not allowed to give replays of cheaters (if you have problem with this rule, please contact WG, as this is their rule), nor am I obliged to "convince" you. 

I am simple posting the issue here, because apart from idiotic automatic reply message via support ticket, there is no other way to do so.

Spurtung #10 Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:40 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63632 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postm1x_angelico, on 16 June 2018 - 11:44 PM, said:

Just one things guys. Off course, you can offer your opinion here, that's the point. But, I am not allowed to give replays of cheaters (if you have problem with this rule, please contact WG, as this is their rule), nor am I obliged to "convince" you. 

I am simple posting the issue here, because apart from idiotic automatic reply message via support ticket, there is no other way to do so.

There's no such rule.

Provide replay, don't mention names, let people draw their own conclusions, simples.

PervyPastryPuffer #11 Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:22 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31006 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Just because someone has better aim than you can imagine, it doesn't mean they're cheating.

Remember, these tanks have 0,01 accuracy... All it takes is someone with ridiculously low delay and a steady hand. I play with 30-50ms delay and can hit 80% of my shots on the ball, and I know I'm far from the best sharpshooters out there.

Now imagine someone with 15-20ms delay or less, with years of experience in FPS's on PC.

m1x_angelico #12 Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:26 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22446 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

View PostSpurtung, on 17 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

There's no such rule.

Provide replay, don't mention names, let people draw their own conclusions, simples.

Really, there is no such rule? Well, I guess it's back to reading classes for you mate...  LINK

Unless replay technology changed, you can see the names of the players... thus "naming and shaming".

Again, it seems I have to repeat myself. I'm trying to bring this issue to WG's attention, not to attention of Joe the forum user who can't do a thing about it, and for this topic to spiral down to paranoia fueled toxicity rabbit hole, only for some random moderator to close it due to it being uncostructive.

I've discussed this issue in my clan and with friends in other clans, to check if this is just something I've noticed. They both noticed an increase in cheaters today. It is not catastrophic yet (like when the football mode was on last time), but out of e.g. 20 matches 5-6 have 1 or more cheaters.

View PostTankyouverymuch2, on 17 June 2018 - 01:22 AM, said:

Just because someone has better aim than you can imagine, it doesn't mean they're cheating.

Remember, these tanks have 0,01 accuracy... All it takes is someone with ridiculously low delay and a steady hand. I play with 30-50ms delay and can hit 80% of my shots on the ball, and I know I'm far from the best sharpshooters out there.

Now imagine someone with 15-20ms delay or less, with years of experience in FPS's on PC.

Sry, but I must ask. Why do you assume that I am calling out someone for a cheat just because this player is better? It really puzzles me that you would automatically assume that someone bringing an issue to light is just a petty person complaining about better players beating him.

For example, my team won a match against a cheating team. We scored by a silly potshot at the very start, which richocet from their E100, while I accidently rammed into the opposing team's two tanks. After that it was shooting bonanza from them. Not a single miss. We defended on our goal line the entire match and just deflected to side. At one time their were shooting the ball high in the sky, that it seemed they were making sky passes. In this instance, we were the "better" team, but the fact remained, they cheated. We reported them in-game, but we all know that this system does something only if a great number of people report them as well.

Spurtung #13 Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:38 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63632 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View Postm1x_angelico, on 17 June 2018 - 02:26 AM, said:

Really, there is no such rule? Well, I guess it's back to reading classes for you mate...  LINK

Unless replay technology changed, you can see the names of the players... thus "naming and shaming".

Again, it seems I have to repeat myself. I'm trying to bring this issue to WG's attention, not to attention of Joe the forum user who can't do a thing about it, and for this topic to spiral down to paranoia fueled toxicity rabbit hole, only for some random moderator to close it due to it being uncostructive.

I've discussed this issue in my clan and with friends in other clans, to check if this is just something I've noticed. They both noticed an increase in cheaters today. It is not catastrophic yet (like when the football mode was on last time), but out of e.g. 20 matches 5-6 have 1 or more cheaters.

Yeah, back to reading classes it is. Here, allow me to do some highlighting.

View PostSpurtung, on 17 June 2018 - 12:40 AM, said:

There's no such rule.

There's no 'naming and shaming' if you're not naming anyone. So, replay or *edited*.

If you want to bring WG's attention to this, send tickets; however, if you're bringing it to the forum expecting some WG staff to rush into giving you a reply, you know well enough that won't happen.

Edited by NickMustaine, 17 June 2018 - 08:38 AM.
inappropriate remarks

Jigabachi #14 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:25 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Moderation is quite random, but the cases where people got moderated or received a warning for that kind of thing are little to none.

But there is another option: WHy don't you invite us to a PM conversation? There you can share everything without any mod interfering.

250swb #15 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:32 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 22614 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postm1x_angelico, on 17 June 2018 - 12:26 AM, said:

You would simply be showing a game of football, if you don't say who it is you think is cheating there can be no naming and shaming. If everybody on the forum then watches it and can't see any cheating you look like an idiot, but if they see cheating you are a hero, so what's to lose if you are so sure?

Homer_J #16 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28712 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postm1x_angelico, on 17 June 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

At one time their were shooting the ball high in the sky, 

I don't see anything suspect about that, the ball moves like a kids party balloon and the shell velocity is pretty much instant hit, there is no need to lead the ball, just aim at the big round thing and click.

Long_Range_Sniper #17 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:51 AM

General

• Player
  • 32572 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostSpurtung, on 17 June 2018 - 12:38 AM, said:

There's no 'naming and shaming' if you're not naming anyone. So, replay or gtfo.

You don't even have to actually post a link. Even the merest subtle hint that a replay exists that may or may not contain dodgy dealings would lead most forumites to WoTReplays where they could find it themselves. The last upload from the OP being on 3/4/18.

View Post250swb, on 17 June 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

If everybody on the forum then watches it and can't see any cheating you look like an idiot, but if they see cheating you are a hero, so what's to lose if you are so sure?

Whereas currently you look 100% like an idiot for coming on the forum with a tin foil whine post and hiding behind a naming and shaming rule that is virtually unenforceable in these circumstances.

Putting all this aside, people claimed in 2016 that they exist and enough forumites said then that they'd found evidence of them on other "sites". 

But why oh why would you even care? It's a tedious game mode where the reward is only going to be useful to up and coming players. I would hope most forumites would have enough crews to throw at any tanks?

zerosumgame #18 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:54 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 46626 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-

People getting better at something over time is no proof of foul play.

Hedgehog1963 #19 Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 51277 battles
  • [DIRTY] DIRTY

View Postm1x_angelico, on 16 June 2018 - 08:35 PM, said:

The fact that they don't miss a single shot, consistently hitting high speed balls,

The ball is huge and slow.

Dava_117 #20 Posted 17 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19443 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Didn't see any autoaim so far. I may have seen a bot, tbh, but I'm not sure. A T-62 standing still and just shooting as soon as reloaded. He moved back just pressing S if the ball get behind him and never moved again. I was in E100 so I could clearly see it. 

Oh, and you can report them from the after battle report on team results page.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users