• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

KillingJoker #1 Posted 16 June 2018 - 07:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

I would like to promote the discussion and present my ideas towards mm

I think its not necessary to discuss the problems of the 3-5-7 mm, the issues that represent for bottom tier players and teams when the 3 top players on each team fail to do their duty of carry the game or playing well, other concern many players have, is obviously the lack of capabilities of some tanks to fight vs enemies that are 2 tiers higher and feature better mobility, better guns, better armor...

For this reason i think the 3-5-7 should not be used above tier 7, at lower tiers, the difference can be mitigated by knowledge and good gameplay, but above tier 8, its a totally different story. 

Per example, hardly any tier VIII, with perhaps the exception of the German heavies do have shells that can penetrate the front of very well armored tier X's, like a type 5 heavy or a Maus, so why, do this tanks should face tier X heavies? 

In my opinion this doesn't make sense, i am not saying that the game should be rigged and tier X's should only play vs tier X's, and so on...

what i mean is; instead of having a random 3-5-7 mm, where randomly tanks from different tiers are set in the match, i think the mm should be spread out by classes and maps orientation, with some rules to balance the game according to the map it plays. 

per example, tier X heavies, should never meet tier 8 heavies, never... this should be a rule, tier 8 heavies, at max, should only meet tier IX heavies. 

The mm should be setup by classes and not by numbers, to archive some logical of gameplay quality, i think the mm formula should work around classes and maps...

Each map, should have a certain formulas for distribution between classes... 

- 1 Arty

- 2 Lights

- 4 Mediums

- 4 TD's

- 4 heavies

another example: 

- 1 arty

- 1 light

- 4 TD's

- 4 Mediums

- 5 heavies

but mostly i think the idea is clear, the mm needs to be oriented for the balance between classes and specially maps.

because naturally no one wants to play super heavies on open maps like Malinovka or Prokhorovka, no one wants to play arty in paris, no one wants to play light tanks on mountain pass...  You get the point right? 

Each map should its own formulas to build the mm, by classes division and some classes should be filtered so the gameplay. 

at least this is my opinion, if you disagree or want to share your owns, feel free to it.

WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 16 June 2018 - 08:42 PM

Major

• Player
  • 15939 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

This is not a bad idea per se though, I'd question the lifespan of such thread, but I'll give it a shot:

General Purpose

Attack

Mobile

And so on.

Although WG_M might close the thread due to reasons, your idea is actually very sound. I don't know if this has been suggested before but makes a lot of sense in my opinion.

On the other hand. creating templates for classes is one thing. I fully support it, for maps that would be a big issue. A SHT on Prokh isn't necessarily a bad thing. I aced a Type 4 on that map and it's usually a good idea to give enemy SPGs something shiny to shoot on while your own counters it or helps your allies get the hill.

There are numerous examples where players used their vehicles to do things that usually other classes do (TDs to spot, HTs to snipe, etc, but in a positive way that actually contributes, of course) and ending that will make the game even more predictable.

But I like the idea to form templates for classes and not just a number of Tiers.

Could you post this also on the MM thread?

KillingJoker #3 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:53 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

Yes, i already copy pasted it into the mm main topic, but i would like to discuss this possibility about classes being distributed according to templates oriented for certain maps...

and what people think about it. 

NUKLEAR_SLUG #4 Posted 16 June 2018 - 09:57 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 29181 battles
Won't work unless you can convince the playerbase to play the right distribution of tank classes at the right time otherwise your just going to kill the MM when it tries to generate a game.

KillingJoker #5 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 33316 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

View PostNUKLEAR_SLUG, on 16 June 2018 - 09:57 PM, said:

Won't work unless you can convince the playerbase to play the right distribution of tank classes at the right time otherwise your just going to kill the MM when it tries to generate a game.

You mean the cue times would be too high? 

Don't forget that what i sugest doesn't limit the amount of tanks per tiers... it simply distributes tank classes, according to the map rotation and templates for each map.

NUKLEAR_SLUG #6 Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 29181 battles

Yes, it'll kill the queue times. Take this weekend as an example, it's a TD special so there will be disproportionately more TD in the queue than normal. Your MM idea will mean TD players are going to have massive wait times for the correct number of other classes to enter into the pool to be matched in. 

It's great in theory, but it makes the MM massively dependent on the correct tanks being available in the tank pool at the moment the MM tries to organise a game. The more restrictions you apply to the MM you exponentially increase the difficulty in having the right conditions and the time it takes.

Homer_J #7 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:26 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostKillingJoker, on 16 June 2018 - 07:42 PM, said:

Each map, should have a certain formulas for distribution between classes... 

I'm not sure that the way to solve a problem created by template mm is to introduce more templates.

There is an easy solution.  Go back to the random mm, where yes you could be the only tier VIII in a battle tier 10, but it didn't happen that often.

Dr_Oolen #8 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:33 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 21821 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL

The easiest fix to all MM issues would be +-1, remove templates altogether and just make sure there are more bottom tiers than top tiers in a game that is made up of 2 tiers... So either youd have 1 tier battles or battles with 1-7 top tiers and 8-14 bottom tiers. 

But that cant be done because then the game would be fun and people wouldnt have to skip whole tiers due to unplayable combo of craptank and crapmm. Also gold spam would be smaller, so obviously thats another reason why that cant be done.

A small improvement would be if the priority template wasnt 3-5-7 but 5-10 and 1 tier games, kinda like it was for a few days after that mm patch went live when 3-5-7 wasnt enforced but all the templates seemed to have the same likelyhood, so the game for a few days was also rather fun, before WG "patched" it and started enforcing 3-5-7 whenever possible.

NickMustaine #9 Posted 17 June 2018 - 08:33 AM

• 210 battles
Hello guys, 

This thread is now locked. Remember to use always the main discussion if you want to talk about MM. 

Have a nice day! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users