Jump to content


Why


  • Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

_snowfIake__ #1 Posted 16 June 2018 - 10:51 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26606 battles
  • 635
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012
do all sub 50% WR players pick T-62A S and then play as a striker?

WindSplitter1 #2 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:08 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 15997 battles
  • 2,560
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016
To justify your post.

Sunshinetrooper #3 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7671 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    05-15-2014
Noobs pick striker, the real carry is defender. 

Xeideo #4 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:19 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Clan Diplomat
  • 36738 battles
  • 1,717
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011
This E100S got a mega Splash range so you can easy help your team and shoot beside the ball and push it our of the conner to enemy Box.

_snowfIake__ #5 Posted 16 June 2018 - 11:20 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26606 battles
  • 635
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

View PostSunshinetrooper, on 16 June 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Noobs pick striker, the real carry is defender. 

 

If you say that then you don't know how to play the AMX

Browarszky #6 Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:03 AM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16096 battles
  • 3,736
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostSunshinetrooper, on 16 June 2018 - 10:09 PM, said:

Noobs pick striker, the real carry is defender. 

 

... which reminds me...

Sunshinetrooper #7 Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:17 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 7671 battles
  • 187
  • Member since:
    05-15-2014

View Post_snowfIake__, on 16 June 2018 - 10:20 PM, said:

 

If you say that then you don't know how to play the AMX

 

Oh yeah, the AMX is to push the ball quickly down the side, the midfield is to knock it across the goal and the defender is to score, simples. 

Edited by Sunshinetrooper, 17 June 2018 - 12:18 AM.


TheComfyChair #8 Posted 17 June 2018 - 12:59 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 7612 battles
  • 748
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    03-20-2017
I have noticed the football doesn't really take any skill as the ball just seems to bounce around like a toddler whose had too much sugar, so win rates and  WN8 etc are a bag of crap.

Bennie182 #9 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:00 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53723 battles
  • 1,609
  • [WGL-A] WGL-A
  • Member since:
    03-13-2012

View PostTheComfyChair, on 17 June 2018 - 12:59 AM, said:

I have noticed the football doesn't really take any skill as the ball just seems to bounce around like a toddler whose had too much sugar, so win rates and  WN8 etc are a bag of crap.

yep.. rng is *edited* up because I miss 60-70% of my shots that have full circle on the ball. seems like 25% of the outside of the ball doesn't have any hitboxes.. makes sense.


Edited by NickMustaine, 17 June 2018 - 09:37 AM.
Inappropriate remarks


Erwin_Von_Braun #10 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:22 AM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 38254 battles
  • 4,952
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    01-25-2014

View Post_snowfIake__, on 16 June 2018 - 09:51 PM, said:

do all sub 50% WR players pick T-62A S and then play as a striker?

 

Because they can?

Homer_J #11 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post_snowfIake__, on 16 June 2018 - 10:51 PM, said:

do all sub 50% WR players pick T-62A S and then play as a striker?

 

I must be sub 50% WR player then because to me the striker is better midfield and the midfielder and the defender are better at scoring goals.



_snowfIake__ #12 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26606 battles
  • 635
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 17 June 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

 

I must be sub 50% WR player then because to me the striker is better midfield and the midfielder and the defender are better at scoring goals.

 

Then you are not playing as a team. I bet you one of those players who chases the ball in the T62 like a dog that was told to fetch.
 

View PostSunshinetrooper, on 16 June 2018 - 11:17 PM, said:

 

Oh yeah, the AMX is to push the ball quickly down the side, the midfield is to knock it across the goal and the defender is to score, simples. 

 

No, not quite. You playing it wrong too.
 

Homer_J #13 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post_snowfIake__, on 17 June 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

 

Then you are not playing as a team. I bet you one of those players who chases the ball in the T62 like a dog that was told to fetch.

 

I don't play T62, too slow, too little punch.

 

I played E100 a bit but you are too dependant on the other two in your team.

 

I prefer playing AMX and setting things up for one of the other two to smack home.  It just doesn't have the punch from a single shot to deflect a ball crossing the goal mouth.

 

And the mode is like normal WoT, you don't play as a team, you play around your team, responding to their failings.  Which the E100 is very bad at.



RamRaid90 #14 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:41 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21494 battles
  • 6,486
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View Post_snowfIake__, on 17 June 2018 - 08:34 AM, said:

 

Then you are not playing as a team. I bet you one of those players who chases the ball in the T62 like a dog that was told to fetch.
 

 

No, not quite. You playing it wrong too.
 

 

Bet you're one of those players who cares too much about a crappy game mode that has no signifcance to anything what-so-ever.

Homer_J #15 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:43 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View Post_snowfIake__, on 17 June 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

 

No, not quite. You playing it wrong too.
 

 

You can say that all you like but you won't change how other people are playing.  So unless you can find yourself a permanent platoon then you will have to adapt your game around everyone else and that will probably mean playing the tanks outside Wargaming's defined positions.



Homer_J #16 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:48 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 28771 battles
  • 30,064
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    09-03-2010

View PostSunshinetrooper, on 17 June 2018 - 12:17 AM, said:

 

Oh yeah, the AMX is to push the ball quickly down the side, the midfield is to knock it across the goal and the defender is to score, simples. 

 

"Right" or "wrong" this is pretty much the way to approach the game if you want to win.  Apart from the rare occasions you get to punt the ball up the middle with a full clip the striker is pretty useless at scoring goals.  And even then the defender will reverse everything your clip did in one shot.

_snowfIake__ #17 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26606 battles
  • 635
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

View PostHomer_J, on 17 June 2018 - 08:43 AM, said:

 

You can say that all you like but you won't change how other people are playing.  So unless you can find yourself a permanent platoon then you will have to adapt your game around everyone else and that will probably mean playing the tanks outside Wargaming's defined positions.

 

True, but judging by the last nights games close to 50% of players have worked it out and played their roles quite well and we were winning very easily. It's when we had a ball chasing T62 that the game became difficult and chaotic. Nothing you can do. I just let them chase the ball and play midfield in my AMX. Or fall back when needed to get that ball out of our half back to theirs.

_snowfIake__ #18 Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:56 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 26606 battles
  • 635
  • Member since:
    08-16-2012

View PostRamRaid90, on 17 June 2018 - 08:41 AM, said:

 

Bet you're one of those players who cares too much about a crappy game mode that has no signifcance to anything what-so-ever.

 

Not all of us care only about stats, some of us play for enjoyment.

RamRaid90 #19 Posted 17 June 2018 - 11:09 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21494 battles
  • 6,486
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    12-14-2014

View Post_snowfIake__, on 17 June 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

 

Not all of us care only about stats, some of us play for enjoyment.

 

Then enjoy it and if you don't stop playing it.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users