• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

Baldrickk #81 Posted 25 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostSirebellus, on 25 June 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

So that's why Arty doesn't get banned for team splash damage/kills... they were aiming at the enemy, landed a shell somewhere near the enemy, and just cos it landed smack on a friendly tank they get let off team damage...

Arty also get a higher team damage ratio, because reasons.

Mike_Mckay #82 Posted 25 June 2018 - 02:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20415 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostSirebellus, on 25 June 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

So that's why Arty doesn't get banned for team splash damage/kills... they were aiming at the enemy, landed a shell somewhere near the enemy, and just cos it landed smack on a friendly tank they get let off team damage...

It does suck but when WG give them crap accuracy and gun handling whilst still expecting them to shoot across the entire match it does make total sense to give them leeway on the friendly fire issue. Although a case could also be made for any tank with a .5 or more accuracy, a high splash radius HE ammunition or both in normal tanks too like the T49, Chinese heavies and so on as for them to actively take part in CQT splash damage is almost unavoidable even IF they manage to hit the enemy tank they aim at and aren't let down by acuracy

NoobySkooby #83 Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:45 PM

Major

• Player
  • 13025 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

I was chat banner earlier today for venting in chat about those who choose to cam p while I push forward ,when  played my arty I am so very often tempted to TK the campers, you know the ones, the heavies and meds who hide behind the TD's and arty.

Team killing is never positive, but camping in a tank which is neither a sniper as a TD or support like arty is by far the worst crime. I know not all TD's are meant to camp, some are meant to go right in the thick of it, or at least get their hands dirty so to speak.

Mike_Mckay #84 Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:08 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20415 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View PostNoobySkooby, on 25 June 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

I was chat banner earlier today for venting in chat about those who choose to cam p while I push forward ,when  played my arty I am so very often tempted to TK the campers, you know the ones, the heavies and meds who hide behind the TD's and arty.

Team killing is never positive, but camping in a tank which is neither a sniper as a TD or support like arty is by far the worst crime. I know not all TD's are meant to camp, some are meant to go right in the thick of it, or at least get their hands dirty so to speak.

It doesn't really matter what they are "meant" to do, its still up to the person in the tank to do what THEY want to do

Also, all many of the armchair generals seem concerned with is people lighting up the enemy so they can do damage, they don't really care if the tank is suited for it, if the player is good enough to do it or whether their crew or equipment is up to the task. They just want everyone else on the team to help THEM get a good result even if its detrimental to everyone elses game in the process

I had my own two arties shooting at me because I didn't join a lemming train and was literally the ONLY tank on an entire flank between them and the enemy I KNEW would be coming that way. And the tank was a super conq too, so not the best tank for brawling in a town which was where the lemming train got held up by a handful of TDs despite having overwhelming numbers

So what someone else wants is potentially irrelevant really. At best taken on board and considered but not acted on like its "orders" and that's exactly how many expect players to react and when they don't they shoot them lol

In its worst form though I think is when you have someone in say an IS3 telling someone in an AMX 65T that THEY should push forwards when the IS3 is already behind them anyway, I think in those instances "[edited]off" is the correct response

It does make me wonder why some people even play WOT to begin with as they seem like they would be far happier playing an arcade style game rather than one where charging forwards is often far from the best approach

Edited by Mike_Mckay, 26 June 2018 - 12:09 AM.

HeidenSieker #85 Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:00 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostSirebellus, on 25 June 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

(see also post #81)

That, according to WG, is incorrect. SPGs' team team damage is treated exactly the same way as the damage done by other team-damaging classes.

Nov_A #86 Posted 26 June 2018 - 04:00 AM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48763 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 26 June 2018 - 01:00 AM, said:

That, according to WG, is incorrect. SPGs' team team damage is treated exactly the same way as the damage done by other team-damaging classes.

That, according to WG, is incorrect. SPGs team damage is treated a different way as the damage done by other team-damaging classes.

8.11 introduced this feature, due to the high inaccuracy in combination with splash damage.

https://worldoftanks...ease-notes-811/

Some notes worth mentioning:

- SPGs have special penalty point calculations to rule out accidental team damage (hitting an ally with ‘splash’ etc.).

- For SPGs, the algorithm is now considering splash damage and is now more forgiving in this case.

Long story short, SPGs have a much higher tolerance in terms of teamdamage than regular vehicles and this system is not up to date with the current improvement of SPG accuracy and the stun mechanic.

HeidenSieker #87 Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:54 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostNov_A, on 26 June 2018 - 04:00 AM, said:

That, according to WG, is incorrect. SPGs team damage is treated a different way as the damage done by other team-damaging classes.

8.11 introduced this feature, due to the high inaccuracy in combination with splash damage.

https://worldoftanks...ease-notes-811/

Some notes worth mentioning:

- SPGs have special penalty point calculations to rule out accidental team damage (hitting an ally with ‘splash’ etc.).

- For SPGs, the algorithm is now considering splash damage and is now more forgiving in this case.

Long story short, SPGs have a much higher tolerance in terms of teamdamage than regular vehicles and this system is not up to date with the current improvement of SPG accuracy and the stun mechanic.

You are going back to WoT 8.11, released in February, 2014.

I opened a ticket in April 2018, so the information from that is well over four years newer, and posted the information.

http://forum.worldof...4#entry15589634

http://forum.worldof...5#entry15591835

View PostHeidenSieker, on 02 April 2018 - 04:40 PM, said:

OK, from communications with WG Support, the explanation was:

"Exactly the same allied team damage system applies to the SPG class as it does to other classes!"

"No punishment for stunning friendly vehicles ... If you have played artillery you would usually prefer to try and help your allies the best way you can and if the only way is to do that by stunning them, sometimes it has to happen ... if this is abused we can take action against it, but it is unpunished in the game as it can happen often."

So there you are.

I am sure that good SPG players try to avoid team damage (just like drivers of other vehicles) as well as avoiding stunning allies.

If you don't like that, I suggest you open your own ticket and ask about it. It's good to have correct and up-to-date information, and I'd be interested to see what they say.

Edit: add quote.

Edited by HeidenSieker, 26 June 2018 - 12:56 PM.

Nov_A #88 Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48763 battles

View PostHeidenSieker, on 26 June 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

You are going back to WoT 8.11, released in February, 2014.

I opened a ticket in April 2018, so the information from that is well over four years newer, and posted the information.

http://forum.worldof...4#entry15589634

http://forum.worldof...5#entry15591835

Well, dont know what you prefer as a source. An unproofen statement by a WG support employee or the official description on the subject with no further declared changes to it. Also I am pretty sure your linked ticket description is related to the reset of the Battle Buddy achievement where every friendly-influencing shot (with stun excluded) counts the same for every class, but still not the overall teamdamage, judged and executed by the automatic system where the situation is the same since 2014.

Baldrickk #89 Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:07 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 30109 battles
  • [-TAH-] -TAH-

View PostNov_A, on 26 June 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well, dont know what you prefer as a source. An unproofen statement by a WG support employee or the official description on the subject with no further declared changes to it. Also I am pretty sure your linked ticket description is related to the reset of the Battle Buddy achievement where every friendly-influencing shot (with stun excluded) counts the same for every class, but still not the overall teamdamage, judged and executed by the automatic system where the situation is the same since 2014.

Splash damage counts for less than penetrating hits for all tanks.

Arty are really the only ones who splash.

HeidenSieker #90 Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:13 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 10046 battles

View PostNov_A, on 26 June 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Well, dont know what you prefer as a source. An unproofen statement by a WG support employee or the official description on the subject with no further declared changes to it.

You don't know what I prefer? Can't you read? I prefer a WG response to a recent ticket to four-year-old information from a WoT version a couple of major levels behind.

It could be of course that the ticket from a WG employee is wrong, and so I have asked for confirmation. Whatever the new response will be, it's better to ask the vendor than rely on pathetic bellyaching from a dubious external source.

Also tagged with rage, team kill, toxicity, shishx, lemmingrush

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users