89 replies to this topic

Spurtung #21 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:51 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63733 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostHomer_J, on 18 June 2018 - 10:32 AM, said:

Replay or it never happened.

I saw the odd time where the last guy was hiding at the back dragging the game on longer than needed against 10 enemies where his "position" was given away - if you can call a 100m square a position.  Other than that it really didn't happen.

You are kidding if you never had someone in a match doing such, surely?

Homer_J #22 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:03 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSpurtung, on 18 June 2018 - 09:51 AM, said:

You are kidding if you never had someone in a match doing such, surely?

Not when it actually mattered.

Early on the enemy know where you are anyway, it's not like there's any complicated tactics going on.  The only time it would matter is in a 1 v 1 at the end and I never saw it happen in such circumstances.  Usually people still want to win even after they die.

Even if it was commonplace there are better ways to deal with it.  Vote kicks used to be a common thing in online games, how about something like that only requiring a majority of remaining connected players in the same team to vote to mute a player.  The only downside I can see is someone at WG would have to some work.  Get vote muted x times and you get your all chat privileges revoked for a week with incremental bans after that leading to a complete lifetime cross team chat ban.  You could even extend this to team chat.  This would do far more to combat toxicity in game than the current hit and miss system.

Spurtung #23 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:08 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63733 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostHomer_J, on 18 June 2018 - 11:03 AM, said:

Early on the enemy know where you are anyway, it's not like there's any complicated tactics going on.  The only time it would matter is in a 1 v 1 at the end and I never saw it happen in such circumstances.  Usually people still want to win even after they die.

I admittedly don't keep many replays and surely none from those days, but I can guarantee you this happened, particularly when someone got owned very early on and there was a x5 special going on. That kind of player only cares about winning when doing well in the battle.

m1x_angelico #24 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:15 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22473 battles
  • [-VETO] -VETO

Sorry that kind of thing happened to you.

No matter what some may tell you, it allways stings as it is essentially an injustice.

Although I fully suppport that these things should be discussed openly, the said truth of the matter you should be aware of is that, at this moment, it seems that WG is content with the current setup.

The backlash regarding this is either deflected or attributed to "inherent human behavior", so they are not forced to address the matter systematically, which can be seen as they bounce between what can be seen as nurturing a culture of violence on the one hand (weak or no punishment for offenders) and authoritarian approach on the other ("ban waves", lack of transparency and essentially no appeals possible on punishment, punishments for non-offenders due to auto system, shutting down "all chat", etc.). 

Finally, consider how crappy someone's life may be at that moment or in general to lash out like that to a fellow player for no apparent reason whatsoever. People like that should be surely punished, but should be pitied as well. Just food for thought.

Homer_J #25 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSpurtung, on 18 June 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

I admittedly don't keep many replays and surely none from those days, but I can guarantee you this happened, particularly when someone got owned very early on and there was a x5 special going on. That kind of player only cares about winning when doing well in the battle.

Then we go to option B.  Have a system where the players are allowed to judge.  It's only a chat ban, and if you keep chat logs (which I believe WG are obliged to) the you can have an appeals process.

Simply banning cross team chat is the wrong way to go about it and has lead to an increase in same team toxicity.

Jumping_TurtIe #26 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6246 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostHomer_J, on 18 June 2018 - 10:17 AM, said:

Then we go to option B.  Have a system where the players are allowed to judge.  It's only a chat ban, and if you keep chat logs (which I believe WG are obliged to) the you can have an appeals process.

Simply banning cross team chat is the wrong way to go about it and has lead to an increase in same team toxicity.

And easily to solve. just let the dead players watch only and no option to talk or ping the map

Homer_J #27 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:35 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 28767 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 18 June 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

And easily to solve. just let the dead players watch only and no option to talk or ping the map

Again. There is no reason for such draconian measures.

If someone uses chat or pings the map then the right click context menu for that player gets the option to call a mute vote on them.  Every player in the same team still connected gets a prompt to vote yes or no.  If a majority vote yes then the player gets muted for x days/battles.  If you call too many votes which fail then you get your ability to call a vote revoked.

Much better than the black hole of reports or the honeytrap of general chat.  You could close general chat because it is no longer needed for it's main function which is keeping up WGs ban quota and the resource used for moderating that can be put into dealing with appeals, which you could even only allow for the longer mutings to keep the workload down.

Spurtung #28 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:11 AM

Major General

• Player
  • 63733 battles
  • [GW-UP] GW-UP

View PostHomer_J, on 18 June 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

When reports used to work, we know what happened.

Chat logs...not sure, I'm reminded of when war games was tested and ridiculous amounts of gold were handed out, they took a while to sort it all, and at the time claimed missing logs, so you might enter the same WG logic when banning for forbidden mods: "we're right, you're wrong", typical Slavic attitude.

I certainly agree toxicity within the team has increased since then, people will vent, if not in the match, in the garage, and luckily there are tools to block both.

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 18 June 2018 - 11:24 AM, said:

Say a platoon mate just got rekt by the last survivor on the enemy team and wants to point out the direction of said shot, just an example.

Jumping_TurtIe #29 Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6246 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSpurtung, on 18 June 2018 - 11:11 AM, said:

Say a platoon mate just got rekt by the last survivor on the enemy team and wants to point out the direction of said shot, just an example.

I meant 'talk to the enemy'. My fault.

PhooBar #30 Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:54 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 18783 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 17 June 2018 - 08:07 PM, said:

Sprouts & bacon you say?

Hmm?

That's not a bad idea.............. Maybe all squished together with some strong blue cheese?

mmmmmmmmmm

Dammit man!

Now I won't be able to think about anything else for the rest of the day...

I believe that roasting the sprouts and bacon together in a 500 degree oven for about 20 minutes would be the best approach.

Remove from the oven, drain off excess fat and crumble the blue over everything while its hot. 

The only tricky question would be what to drink with this?

Ice cold, sharp apple cider sounds like a winner to me.

Erwin_Von_Braun #31 Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:21 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 17 June 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

I’d be careful there as you’re adding two salty elements which will probably make it imbalanced.

Stilton's not too bad - maybe as a melted crust over the top of said bacon/sprout combo?

Erwin_Von_Braun #32 Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:24 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostPhooBar, on 18 June 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Dammit man!

Now I won't be able to think about anything else for the rest of the day...

I believe that roasting the sprouts and bacon together in a 500 degree oven for about 20 minutes would be the best approach.

Remove from the oven, drain off excess fat and crumble the blue over everything while its hot.

The only tricky question would be what to drink with this?

Ice cold, sharp apple cider sounds like a winner to me.

That's the spirit my good man.

Cider? Good call - as you say, something sharp & dry - Aspalls springs to mind.

jabster #33 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:03 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostErwin_Von_Braun, on 18 June 2018 - 05:21 PM, said:

Stilton's not too bad - maybe as a melted crust over the top of said bacon/sprout combo?

I still think the combo of bacon and stilton makes it imbalanced. Maybe a crust of breadcrumbs and crumbled stilton and forget the bacon?

Private_Pearts #34 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:08 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22022 battles
  • [WOPR] WOPR

View Postkrismorgan, on 17 June 2018 - 08:00 PM, said:

Its the sprouts and bacons fault.

Utter tosh. It's the Wee Little people and their nasty pointy teeth. And a lack of crispy bacon.

Jumping_TurtIe #35 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:09 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 6246 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 18 June 2018 - 07:03 PM, said:

forget the bacon?

Strappster #36 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

General

• Player
  • 23990 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

It's got nothing to do with RNG, it's the players. Whether it's because those players object to the current level of RNG because they believe causes gold spam which they believe leads to armour power-creep is immaterial - the root cause is the players. If the players accepted 25% RNG, they'd accept misses and bounces more readily. If the players weren't toxic to each other, we'd still have cross-team chat.

View PostMPV_11, on 17 June 2018 - 07:57 PM, said:

I really can't think of a good reason to have team damage in the game - its not as though it stops arty or big derp guns (or anyone in fact) taking the shots when you're hugging or close to their 'kill'.

I always hold my shot in those situations unless it's clear that the guy on my side needs help. Even then, I'll try to splash on the far side of the enemy to stun him and give my team mate the advantage. But then I don't think there's any such thing as "my" kill and when I'm in arty my primary goal is to provide support where it's needed.

Erwin_Von_Braun #37 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postjabster, on 18 June 2018 - 06:03 PM, said:

I still think the combo of bacon and stilton makes it imbalanced. Maybe a crust of breadcrumbs and crumbled stilton and forget the bacon?

View PostJumping_TurtIe, on 18 June 2018 - 06:09 PM, said:

Forget the bacon?

I'm with Turtle on this one - everything is better with bacon:)

Like the breadcrumbs idea though - maybe mixed with crumbed stilton and a few lardons?

ignaskarate #38 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 10362 battles
  • [WOTFK] WOTFK
The topic is so interesting, that i made myself 4 pieces of hot sandwithches with beef, tomato, onion and cheese.  Mhmm delicious :P And while i was tasting them i found they finished so fast i havent read a bit. So now i made 4 pieces more. Waiting for them to frie. Sooooo, to say something on topic-yes.

Erwin_Von_Braun #39 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:30 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 38254 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Postignaskarate, on 18 June 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

The topic is so interesting, that i made myself 4 pieces of hot sandwithches with beef, tomato, onion and cheese.  Mhmm delicious :P And while i was tasting them i found they finished so fast i havent read a bit. So now i made 4 pieces more. Waiting for them to frie. Sooooo, to say something on topic-yes.

Ohh, that's making me drool - great combo.:great:

Care for a side order of sprouts?:trollface:

jabster #40 Posted 18 June 2018 - 07:48 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12537 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postignaskarate, on 18 June 2018 - 06:28 PM, said:

Each to their own and everything but not a combination of flavours I’d go for.

Also tagged with rage, team kill, toxicity, shishx, lemmingrush

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users