Jump to content


WG just stop with this convenient silence and release a statement

wg fail MM powercreep no notice silence prefferential mm no balls nobody playing game dying

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Darksteel_Plate #1 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:14 AM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 9607 battles
  • 304
  • [97TH] 97TH
  • Member since:
    07-02-2013

just stop treating your comunity like crapand say something we are all saying. 

 

you know what is wrong with the MM

 

you know what is wrong with the powercreep

 

you know what is wrong with ''perfecting preferential MM tanks''

 

if nobody is playing your game, you can all pack up and go home, or have you profited enough?

 

DO IT IF YOU HAVE ANY BALLS, OR DO WE NEED TO INSULT THE CHILD OF VICTOR FIRST??! 



signal11th #2 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 37199 battles
  • 5,721
  • [S3AL] S3AL
  • Member since:
    07-14-2011
Why would they bother when the great silent majority of the game still spend $$$$$$$$$$. All you can do is what I've done and just stopped spending money with them.

Beltalowda #3 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:17 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 62182 battles
  • 793
  • Member since:
    03-02-2011
€5.60 is quite expensive for a pint in Dublin Airport.

Dr_ownape #4 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:19 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 43512 battles
  • 5,488
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013

i don't have an issue with MM at all. I mainly play tiers 6, 9 and 10 and not really seen a lot of problems.

 

Powercreep is intentional and designed to get us to spend money

 

Of all my Pref MM tanks I only really play my E25 and don't suffer issues. also not sure the MM does. but i can see why WG wants to be rid of them, but their excuse was laughable



OIias_of_Sunhillow #5 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:28 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 24570 battles
  • 2,558
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

Proceed to insult the child of the victor first...!!

 

 

Or something.



General_McMuschi #6 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 22234 battles
  • 829
  • Member since:
    06-19-2015
And here we go again :teethhappy: I wonder how long this topic will last before moderator closes it

XxKuzkina_MatxX #7 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:31 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49751 battles
  • 1,768
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

They removed Highway so no need to bring anyone's child into the discussion. Ensk and mines are still in the game tho, do you like them? :)

 

As Signal said above, why'd they release any statement if everyone is playing their game, buying stuff and "baaa" like sheep?

 

@Dr_ownape... when you play tier 6, you don't mind being in a tier 8 battles? Also tier 8 premiums are the best credit makers, you don't have trouble writing them off because tier 8 MM?


Edited by XxKuzkina_MatxX, 18 June 2018 - 11:38 AM.


Sirebellus #8 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 19206 battles
  • 549
  • Member since:
    02-04-2016

 

 

Matchmaking is something we all moan about - they could make it fairer, I played 128 games grinding the Caernarvon, bottom tier in a 3-5-7 53 times... which would have been okay if I had been top tier in a 3-5-7 an equivalent number of times i.e. 25 times... but I only faced T6 on 12 occasions - unfair

Powercreep I can accept that as a business they have got to keep pushing things forward to get people to buy new Prem tanks... Defender was probably a big jump too far, they just have to decide what to do about the old obsolete prems..

Which leads on to the PMM tanks, I can understand WG's problem that these tanks are no longer fit for purpose as they don't work in a 3-5-7 game, have we actually seen WG's solution for them yet, what they are going to offer when they take their PMM away ?
(I can't wait for them to move down to lower tiers, I really want my TOG Buffed to be able to take on Defenders !)



Cobra6 #9 Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Beta Tester
  • 16332 battles
  • 15,772
  • [RGT] RGT
  • Member since:
    09-17-2010

The only issue I have with the MM is that it deliberately and actively punishes platooning because platoons get far harsher matchmaking than solo players for no reason so unless you play tier anything under tier 9, enjoy being bottom tier 95% of the matches you play in a platoon.

 

Cobra 6



Slyspy #10 Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:18 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14202 battles
  • 16,711
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011
I can never understand why people expect (or demand) that a games company be more open with and reactive to their customers than is generally experienced with any other product. Personally I'm deeply annoyed that Ford have failed to take my feedback on board about the design and marketing of my car.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #11 Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:21 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 24570 battles
  • 2,558
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

View PostSlyspy, on 18 June 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

I can never understand why people expect (or demand) that a games company be more open with and reactive to their customers than is generally experienced with any other product. Personally I'm deeply annoyed that Ford have failed to take my feedback on board about the design and marketing of my car.

 

Still having trouble with the Cortina ?

Aikl #12 Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:28 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25554 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011
(Darn editor ate my post, I think this one must be cursed.)

Edited by Aikl, 18 June 2018 - 12:38 PM.


Slyspy #13 Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14202 battles
  • 16,711
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostOIias_of_Sunhillow, on 18 June 2018 - 12:21 PM, said:

 

Still having trouble with the Cortina ?

 

Yep, one of the doors is now only part-time. 

Aikl #14 Posted 18 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25554 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostSlyspy, on 18 June 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

I can never understand why people expect (or demand) that a games company be more open with and reactive to their customers than is generally experienced with any other product. Personally I'm deeply annoyed that Ford have failed to take my feedback on board about the design and marketing of my car.

 

I very much appreciate that the manufacturers have realized that it's a good idea to be upfront about issues with their cars. Unlike Volkswagen/VAG and their diesels - or even the good ol' Pinto. Talking about stuff is a good thing in the long run. Covering up and pretending like everything is fine and working as intended is not.

 

Wargaming should perhaps be compared to a car workshop, though. I think it's fair to complain when the front desk guy doesn't talk to me. I also think it's fair to complain if the workshop suddenly decides to change the properties of my car for arbitrary reasons. Say... restricting the car to 40mph but making it accelerate faster or installing extra airbags in the trunk.

 

 

View PostCobra6, on 18 June 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

The only issue I have with the MM is that it deliberately and actively punishes platooning because platoons get far harsher matchmaking than solo players for no reason so unless you play tier anything under tier 9, enjoy being bottom tier 95% of the matches you play in a platoon.

 

Cobra 6

 

There are some tricks that potentially work. Try some 'likely platoons'. Felt like that was working. Idea is to 'feed' the matchmaker with what it wants - provided that it sometimes decides to force a platoon into a top-tier spot. MT+HT, HT+HT are popular choices in T8, for instance.

 

Not sure if it's "intentional" the way platoons get treated by the MM, but there are obvious issues related to the fact that there are a limited amount of top- and mid-tier spacing and that (at least top-tier) platoons must be 'mirrored'. It's asking for trouble when 'speed' is what the matchmaker's priority is.



Aikl #15 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25554 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostDarksteel_Plate, on 18 June 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

just stop treating your comunity like crapand say something we are all saying. 

(...)

 

Oh, they're not quite silent. Apparently the developers of the football mode are gathering feedback. There was even a darn stream on that topic on Saturday. Yeah.

 

A temporary, alternate game mode with what seems like zero relevance for the main part of the game (unlike 'technical' tests like multi-turret and wheeled vehicles) receives more attention than the game. Oh, and that attention is concentrated towards the Czech/Slovakian forum, for whatever reason.

 

Of course, WGEU does have an office in Prague, and the developer of the football mode is Czech - but it still makes me wonder.



Slyspy #16 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:13 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 14202 battles
  • 16,711
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostAikl, on 18 June 2018 - 12:38 PM, said:

 

I very much appreciate that the manufacturers have realized that it's a good idea to be upfront about issues with their cars. Unlike Volkswagen/VAG and their diesels - or even the good ol' Pinto. Talking about stuff is a good thing in the long run. Covering up and pretending like everything is fine and working as intended is not.

 

Wargaming should perhaps be compared to a car workshop, though. I think it's fair to complain when the front desk guy doesn't talk to me. I also think it's fair to complain if the workshop suddenly decides to change the properties of my car for arbitrary reasons. Say... restricting the car to 40mph but making it accelerate faster or installing extra airbags in the trunk.

 

 

 

 

Except of course that none of those things happen at your local car workshop and the guy on that front desk is unlikely to be responsible for pricing and policy. Also Volkswagen weren't just being closed off they were covering up something illegal and despite the ensuing dialogue, if you want to call it that, their customer base still as zero active involvement in their policy and decision making. All this can hardly be said for WoT's MM or powercreep (which I would file as a marketing strategy). Hell, a comparison can't even be made in respect the proposed changes to PMM vehicles.



Balc0ra #17 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:31 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66299 battles
  • 16,328
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012

Well, they have talked about two of those 3 things rather lots of late. Inc Powercreep. They even said equal tier games on tier 4 is terrible to name one due to it. And apparently it's one of the tiers that will get a balance focus soon. As it's not just on high tiers those issues are. And when they talk about pref MM tanks, they talk about the issues it has ofc. And have posted several statements about it. But from a different angle then what EU complains about. They go with the RU side of it. Understandable, but not always ideal. 

 

 

View PostDr_ownape, on 18 June 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

i don't have an issue with MM at all. I mainly play tiers 6, 9 and 10 and not really seen a lot of problems.

 

Powercreep is intentional and designed to get us to spend money

 

Of all my Pref MM tanks I only really play my E25 and don't suffer issues. also not sure the MM does. but i can see why WG wants to be rid of them, but their excuse was laughable

 

I mostly have played the same tiers of late. Tier 6 for fun, tier 9 is where my 3 grinds are atm. Tier X for the last few missions I need with honor. But for me, that's not where the issues are. It's on tier 8. 3-5-7 is why I don't play my pref MM tanks anymore. Not because of +1 or 5-10 games. 5-10 is the only aspect of it I think works. 3-5-7 puts to much weight on the top tiers, even more so if one of them is idle. +0 games on tier 6, 7 and 9 are fun. On tier 8 it's terrible to name one, due to going back to the powercreep again vs all the armor added there of late. And IMO 3-5-7 is the reason why pref MM tanks are terrible, and they would be even with small buffs to their pen. And if WG are so stubborn that they think 3-5-7 and the other MM forms that came with it works and want to keep it. I do want +2 MM on my IS-6. Otherwise I will probably never play it again the way it works now. So that's the only fix for the issues that they keep. But it's not the ultimate solution. That would be to remove 3-5-7 and even equal tier games. Then my IS-6 would work again to a certain degree. As mine sees 80% +0 games I'm sure. And I don't do to well in most of them, even with 100% gold ammo, vs getting +1 and all the T-10 grinds of late that I can pen. 

 

E25 is one of those odd pref MM tanks that still works. Even WG said it's one of those that don't need +2. It works fine as is. And it's the only thing they have said about 3-5-7 that I agree with. 

 


Edited by Balc0ra, 18 June 2018 - 01:34 PM.


DracheimFlug #18 Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:02 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 8957 battles
  • 4,033
  • Member since:
    11-13-2014

View PostDarksteel_Plate, on 18 June 2018 - 11:14 AM, said:

just stop treating your comunity like crapand say something we are all saying. 

 

you know what is wrong with the MM

 

you know what is wrong with the powercreep

 

you know what is wrong with ''perfecting preferential MM tanks''

 

if nobody is playing your game, you can all pack up and go home, or have you profited enough?

 

DO IT IF YOU HAVE ANY BALLS, OR DO WE NEED TO INSULT THE CHILD OF VICTOR FIRST??! 

 

It is because no matter what they say, it will almost certainly be misinterpreted by a significant vocal portion of the player base, either as promises of coming perfection (which since perfection will never be achieved will later be held against them) or an insufficient or wrong answer (which will immediately be held against them). 

 

Although your last line may just be a plea to have them bring in this thing?

 

http://www.tanks-enc...es/kugelpanzer/



Aikl #19 Posted 18 June 2018 - 03:30 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 25554 battles
  • 4,349
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-13-2011

View PostSlyspy, on 18 June 2018 - 12:13 PM, said:

 

Except of course that none of those things happen at your local car workshop and the guy on that front desk is unlikely to be responsible for pricing and policy. Also Volkswagen weren't just being closed off they were covering up something illegal and despite the ensuing dialogue, if you want to call it that, their customer base still as zero active involvement in their policy and decision making. All this can hardly be said for WoT's MM or powercreep (which I would file as a marketing strategy). Hell, a comparison can't even be made in respect the proposed changes to PMM vehicles.

 

Indeed, none of those things happen. Probably because the workshop's a properly ran business. I kind of expect Wargaming to be about the same.

I'm not saying that I expect the front desk guy to be responsible for pricing or policy, but I would appreciate him doing his job - and following up on previous promises of doing it. That's more than you can say for the average community team member here.

 

Powercreep can be fairly attributed to marketing strategy. I'm more wary of using 'marketing strategy' to describe the apparent shift to using conditioning when designing core game mechanics. That's pretty shady. Not illegal, but both 'illegal' and 'shady' are things that would put me off actively supporting a brand or product.



BravelyRanAway #20 Posted 18 June 2018 - 05:28 PM

    General

  • Beta Tester
  • 22602 battles
  • 9,371
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T
  • Member since:
    12-29-2010

View PostDarksteel_Plate, on 18 June 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

DO IT IF YOU HAVE ANY BALLS, OR DO WE NEED TO INSULT THE CHILD OF VICTOR FIRST??! 

How would child abuse help your cause?:popcorn:






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users