The reason why gameplay has disintegrated: WG bots and all-time low human presence

wg

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

kaneAAA #1 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37969 battles
  • [SKRAP] SKRAP

I'm actually starting to think that a lot have players have left this game, more than statistics show, and that WG are trying to artificially bolster the numbers with bots. Something really has fallen through the floor here, the playing standard is so miserable. Now every game you get people totally ignoring capping and going the opposite direction, very confused slow lumbering gameplay. I watch through the camera at players who are missing easy shot after easy shot, shots which frankly a low-intelligent person who was playing the game on his first day would make. There's something weird about all this. The post-death camera shows up a kind of weird lack of coordination as every tank is making perplexingly pedantic movements with no scope.

It's only a theory, but when I think about how wg are conditioned, to always make something appear better than it is, and to cover up what is really going on, the idea that WG is inflating numbers with computer programmes, which will obviously not be very sophisticated, makes sense to me.

There is something really inhuman about the way the teams are working and battles panning out, like a total drop in consciousness. Its hard for me to not feel that really the problem with player numbers is far worse than what is shown. You kind of feel a lack of energy in the game, like people aren't really there at all.This really could be a prelude to total disintegration. And everywhere the gameplay feels massively dead. No-one reacts to other members of the team, or makes concerted efforts. Almost every individual tank is playing like an island, in a way in which even the lowest human intelligence wouldn't sink to. 

Are wg arrogant enough to fill servers with bot programmes in the hope that no-one will notice how critical the situation is? In a heartbeat, yes they are certainly of that disposition. Would bots give the impression of dead energy gameplay? Yes, and thats what we have here.

Edited by kaneAAA, 18 June 2018 - 11:34 AM.

Slyspy #2 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 14193 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
I'm having trouble distinguishing any of the behaviours which you mention from how the game as been since 2011.

Vergeltungswaffe_2 #3 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 23418 battles

View PostkaneAAA, on 18 June 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

I'm actually starting to think that a lot have players have left this game, more than statistics show, and that WG are trying to artificially bolster the numbers with bots. Something really has fallen through the floor here, the playing standard is so miserable. Now every game you get people totally ignoring capping and going the opposite direction, very confused slow lumbering gameplay. I watch through the camera at players who are missing easy shot after easy shot, shots which frankly a low-intelligent person who was playing the game on his first day would make. There's something weird about all this. The post-death camera shows up a kind of weird lack of coordination as every tank is making perplexingly pedantic movements with no scope.

It's only a theory, but when I think about how wg are conditioned, to always make something appear better than it is, and to cover up what is really going on, the idea that WG is inflating numbers with computer programmes, which will obviously not be very sophisticated, makes sense to me.

There is something really inhuman about the way the teams are working and battles panning out, like a total drop in consciousness. Its hard for me to not feel that really the problem with player numbers is far worse than what is shown. You kind of feel a lack of energy in the game, like people aren't really there at all.This really could be a prelude to total disintegration. And everywhere the gameplay feels massively dead. No-one reacts to other members of the team, or makes concerted efforts. Almost every individual tank is playing like an island, in a way in which even the lowest human intelligence wouldn't sink to. 

Are wg arrogant enough to fill servers with bot programmes in the hope that no-one will notice how critical the situation is? In a heartbeat, yes they are certainly of that disposition. Would bots give the impression of dead energy gameplay? Yes, and thats what we have here.

there always have been plenty of bots in the game.

UrQuan #4 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:27 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19394 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

This was a game I won in 2013:

This might come as a shock, but awful players have always been in the game.

TungstenHitman #5 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

I think you also need to keep in mind that poor network and old or unsuitable PCs would give the appearance of this dumb bot player. You ever notice some players take ages to actually join the battle and sit at the cap showing as a dark grey icon? This is due to connectivity issues and they may or may not join the battle which actually appears to happen a lot recently for some reason. When they do finally connect and join a battle, you cannot believe they are playing 100% problem free.

I myself have some connection issues during the odd battle or session and if you saw me during these moments I would be shooting at tanks that are not there anymore or if I totally lose connection I would simply stop moving appearing to ignore targets etc, but I would actually not even be part of that battle anymore. For me it's only rare and if it was a lot I wouldn't play but for others maybe it's most the time tech or network issues, not always a case of bad players or bots though.

Edited by TungstenHitman, 18 June 2018 - 01:41 PM.

Homer_J #6 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 27652 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostSlyspy, on 18 June 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

I'm having trouble distinguishing any of the behaviours which you mention from how the game as been since 2011.

2010 even.

I suspect OP only just started paying attention.

TungstenHitman #7 Posted 18 June 2018 - 01:54 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 20662 battles

I have a funny example of this actually. I was bottom tier on Artic Region and there was no light tanks or anything even remotely suitable for scouting during the countdown I said "Hi guys I will scout middle for you this tank is actually pretty decent at it" and there was several "affirmative" from teammates. The countdown ended and I raced top speed to one of the bushes overlooking the middle along the lake and just as I was about to hit the breaks, I got disconnected. 

I logged back in only to join the battle dead at the bottom of the lake and all these comments "LOL! gj!" "ROFL!!" and also "reported for suicide ****" and I was like "I lost connection lol" and "...of course it happens at the most perfect possible time as I just reach the lake top speed lol!" so basically if you were watching it would look like I drove top speed across the map, through a bush and plummeted into a lake dying within the first 8 seconds of the battle lol. That's what I did, that's what happened but I didn't WANT to do that obviously lol! If I didn't type you would say a bot or wonder just what the hell.

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-

Now think about this long and hard.

If you were a game designer/maker and you felt the need to bolster the playebase with "bots", but keep the real players from knowing, would you:

A. Design "bots" that resemble human players?

or

B. design "bots" that are obviously "bots" and fool no one?

Of course the answer will be that WG, for all the experience in producing this game, are so incompetent that they would throw together the first bit of code they can find and make "bots" that are obviously "bots" because they just dont care about the players or their own game.

Just like no player ever left a game because they had outgrown it, or become bored with it, or just found different priorities in life. No, they only ever leave because WG screwed them over. 

Negativvv #9 Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:17 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8310 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

There are just some brutally bad players out there.

I know XVM is dirty but there are players with crazy stats little 40k games and WN8 under 200. Some of these players even speak and get abusive so they're probably not bots...

If I was that bad at a game for that long, I'd likely have given up! Although the last deep Red I stats checked had a very tiny gradual improvement so they might actually be unicum one day :trollface:

guthas #10 Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 36177 battles
  • [BIA] BIA
Bad players often do not understand that they are bad and especially where the bottom is bad.
If a better player gives them something, they are able to quarrel with the blood that they are not.

BravelyRanAway #11 Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:22 PM

General

• Beta Tester
  • 22343 battles
  • [H_I_T] H_I_T

View PostkaneAAA, on 18 June 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

I'm actually starting to think that a lot have players have left this game, more than statistics show, and that WG are trying to artificially bolster the numbers with bots. 

If you want to see how WG would actually implement bots......just pop over to WoWP's and see them in action.

At present there are no bots in WoT...although there may be some players using bot programs to grind their way up, I call those leechers.

Element6_TheSprout #12 Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 29043 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Is there something odd about a product that is 7 years old experiencing an all time low in players? Only narrowminded people believe in eternal growth and no setbacks.

Negativvv #13 Posted 18 June 2018 - 04:46 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 8310 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

100k+ users on EU every evening suggests it's fairly healthy.

I play WoWS and there are more players in WoT in the middle of the night than on WoWS at peak times...

Bordhaw #14 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 10825 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 18 June 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

I have a funny example of this actually. I was bottom tier on Artic Region and there was no light tanks or anything even remotely suitable for scouting during the countdown I said "Hi guys I will scout middle for you this tank is actually pretty decent at it" and there was several "affirmative" from teammates. The countdown ended and I raced top speed to one of the bushes overlooking the middle along the lake and just as I was about to hit the breaks, I got disconnected. 

I logged back in only to join the battle dead at the bottom of the lake and all these comments "LOL! gj!" "ROFL!!" and also "reported for suicide ****" and I was like "I lost connection lol" and "...of course it happens at the most perfect possible time as I just reach the lake top speed lol!" so basically if you were watching it would look like I drove top speed across the map, through a bush and plummeted into a lake dying within the first 8 seconds of the battle lol. That's what I did, that's what happened but I didn't WANT to do that obviously lol! If I didn't type you would say a bot or wonder just what the hell.

Replay or never happened.

Mike_Mckay #15 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:51 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18699 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-
If they ever perfect the bots I would welcome a PVE mode to play instead of random games with the current MM system tbh

Venatacia #16 Posted 18 June 2018 - 09:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 34104 battles
Just had 5 losses in row of bot teams, I have to call them bots because I refuse to think it's real people that play that badly. Could swear my cat could play better.

Elmer_Fud #17 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:04 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1702 battles

View PostTungstenHitman, on 18 June 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Good story that, and just goes to show how difficult it can be dealing with pre meditated suicides (as discussed in another thread). There are some posters who would have seen you banned for an indeterminate time because it was perceived as an intentional suicide. But clearly it was not.

Elmer_Fud #18 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:07 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1702 battles

View PostNegativvv, on 18 June 2018 - 04:17 PM, said:

There are just some brutally bad players out there.

I know XVM is dirty but there are players with crazy stats little 40k games and WN8 under 200. Some of these players even speak and get abusive so they're probably not bots...

If I was that bad at a game for that long, I'd likely have given up! Although the last deep Red I stats checked had a very tiny gradual improvement so they might actually be unicum one day :trollface:

Without the cannon fodder to prey upon, the better players wouldn't have such good stats.....Rejoice! They make you look good.

Bulldog_Drummond #19 Posted 18 June 2018 - 10:11 PM

General

• Player
  • 28450 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostkaneAAA, on 18 June 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

As we say in Yorkshire, there's nowt so foolish as folk.

Bot would probably do a more competent job.

ValkyrionX #20 Posted 18 June 2018 - 11:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 42409 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

I do not know and I sincerely do not express myself on this, but every time my team often loses I go to see the statistics of my allies (not xvm ,wn8 or stupid stuff like that but the game profile on wot) ... too often (indeed almost always) I see players with winrate much below 45% ..the record I have seen is 30%..., with really low average damage on practically all vehicles.

I do not use mods like the XVM and during the game I can not know what kind of players are in my team and what kind of opponents I am going to face
..however I do not know if wg make use of BOT/programs but if so it should tell and also tell if this is related to the fact that (according to what I see) the game is gradually losing players .. at least I think so compared to almost 6 years ago when I started my experience in this game ..

Also tagged with wg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users