Jump to content


mountain pass: why have the last few bushes been taken away?


  • Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

HassenderZerhacker #1 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:51 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27223 battles
  • 2,396
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

this map is now a total disaster for my light tanks, nowhere to go.

what is the logic behind taking away all camo?

where am I supposed to hide with my light tank?

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT ???

 



Danger__UXB #2 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:53 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 9746 battles
  • 2,656
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013
Use LOS and your V/R circles...same as any map:bush:

breeeze #3 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:55 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 29962 battles
  • 517
  • [S4] S4
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014
Use your good hp/t to launch yourself over the mountains and into Malinovka

chillsnotskills #4 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16813 battles
  • 151
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 19 June 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

this map is now a total disaster for my light tanks, nowhere to go.

what is the logic behind taking away all camo?

where am I supposed to hide with my light tank?

WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT ???

 

 

And that rock vanished, it was good cover. Now its a tree lol



HassenderZerhacker #5 Posted 19 June 2018 - 02:56 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27223 battles
  • 2,396
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostDanger_UXB_, on 19 June 2018 - 02:53 PM, said:

Use LOS and your V/R circles...same as any map:bush:

 

doesn't help, the enemy yoloers charge and spot me if I'm in the open.

and how am I suposed to do damage with no camo cover?

this game is just getting worse and worse



Danger__UXB #6 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 9746 battles
  • 2,656
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 19 June 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

 

 

and how am I suposed to do damage with no camo cover?

 

I feel your pain but?...

 

In maps that you cant use your cammo play as an opportunist support tank..get your shots in after the enemys fire (Track em and get all that lovely assist)..

 

And dont forget you are the guy who can do the flanking the best on maps like that..so be an 'Opportunist/Harrasser' then relocate ie fire then withdraw..

 

 

Remember that you are the most mobile so look for gaps on the minimap then flank as you see fit?;)

 

 

Lighting tank rule number....

 

1;Dont get shot.

 

relocate...

 

2;Dont get shot.  

 

relocate..

 

3; Dont get shot

 

etc..

 

EDIT: PS The only damage you will do is by flanking/Opprtunity/Ambush or feeding of your teams actions:girl:...unless you have an autoloader?


Edited by Danger_UXB_, 19 June 2018 - 03:17 PM.


ThinGun #7 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:14 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 34974 battles
  • 1,268
  • [SHYLO] SHYLO
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
Excuse my ignorance but ... why would a light tank want to hide and snipe?  I thought they were supposed to be out scouting for the tanks that are actually GOOD at hiding and sniping, like ... oh yeah .... TDs.

geoff99 #8 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:29 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 38211 battles
  • 187
  • [SPIKE] SPIKE
  • Member since:
    09-20-2012

View PostDanger_UXB_, on 19 June 2018 - 02:11 PM, said:

I feel your pain but?...

 

In maps that you cant use your cammo play as an opportunist support tank..get your shots in after the enemys fire (Track em and get all that lovely assist)..

 

etc etc

 

Have you played mountain pass? Flanking options are severely limited and there's very few opportunities for vision games. Its pretty useless for lights.



Long_Range_Sniper #9 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:31 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 32551 battles
  • 8,819
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

Mountain Pass is just a corridor fest for slogging it out. After the initial spot for a light tank of tanks crossing, what's left is trying to find possible locations to maybe shoot a few shots, or at best push the middle to light up campers. But even that move is imbalanced because it's a lot easier to push in a light from East to West. If the enemy push the glacier road from West to East you can also get down and get some flanking shots in, but both sides are not balanced for these sorts of tactics.

 

The map is not balanced for the same opportunities for both sides, and more importantly is just really a corridor brawl. But it's still one of those maps like Overlord where players go to the least useful locations game after game.

 



Browarszky #10 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:32 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 16096 battles
  • 3,730
  • [I-S-L] I-S-L
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View Postchillsnotskills, on 19 June 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

 

And that rock vanished, it was good cover. Now its a tree lol

 

You mean at E3 or thereabouts? Someone on my team noticed that too yesterday.

 

How is stealing our bushes and rocks? Who! :angry:



Danger__UXB #11 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:37 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 9746 battles
  • 2,656
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013

View Postgeoff99, on 19 June 2018 - 02:29 PM, said:

 

Have you played mountain pass? Flanking options are severely limited and there's very few opportunities for vision games. Its pretty useless for lights.

You can do the LOS vision game in the middle (In both lanes incl the bridge/and from the hill south spawn)..and on the slope by your base (But only for an ambush and/Or to cover from being flanked)..

 

 

I guess i was just trying to get over the point that its not his job really to do the damage on maps like that..but try to last till the last third of the battle as thats when he can be most useful..

 

 



HassenderZerhacker #12 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:52 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27223 battles
  • 2,396
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostDanger_UXB_, on 19 June 2018 - 03:37 PM, said:

You can do the LOS vision game in the middle (In both lanes incl the bridge/and from the hill south spawn)..and on the slope by your base (But only for an ambush and/Or to cover from being flanked)..

 

 

I guess i was just trying to get over the point that its not his job really to do the damage on maps like that..but try to last till the last third of the battle as thats when he can be most useful..

 

Spotting opportunities could be described as "severely limited" before, now they qualify for "inexistent".

 

Using LOS when low tier is not great, I am trying to 3-mark the Leopard and currently got 462 VR with binocs on, meaning enemy meds with 15% camo are invisible 410m away.

 

I can't realistically do damage, and without camo cover I can't snipe either, my cannon takes forever to aim in.

 

My point is... I can't do anything.

 

And on top of that, yolo play from enemy lights gets rewarded because they spot our side and then die quickly.

 

This map was bad before but now I feel it has reached ENSK levels, maybe even worse.

 

 


Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 19 June 2018 - 03:57 PM.


Rati_Festa #13 Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:59 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42780 battles
  • 1,378
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012
Did WG comment on why they made the changes to that map?

Moving the rock on the north spawn ten meters seemed odd, I cant work out how that changed anything from either sides perspective.

HassenderZerhacker #14 Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:00 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 27223 battles
  • 2,396
  • [1DPG] 1DPG
  • Member since:
    09-09-2015

View PostRati_Festa, on 19 June 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Did WG comment on why they made the changes to that map?

Moving the rock on the north spawn ten meters seemed odd, I cant work out how that changed anything from either sides perspective.

 

the main change for me on that side is that they removed both trees

Edited by HassenderZerhacker, 19 June 2018 - 04:00 PM.


chillsnotskills #15 Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:04 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 16813 battles
  • 151
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014

View PostBrowarszky, on 19 June 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

 

You mean at E3 or thereabouts? Someone on my team noticed that too yesterday.

 

How is stealing our bushes and rocks? Who! :angry:

 

Yeeessss i was like wait what? That was a good cover but now its gone completely. You have a tree now lol, not even a proper bush



Rati_Festa #16 Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:07 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 42780 battles
  • 1,378
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 19 June 2018 - 04:00 PM, said:

 

the main change for me on that side is that they removed both trees

To be honest I hadnt noticed the missing trees, I rarely go there anymore to many incidents of people blind shotting them and hitting me. The map is garbage anyway, its one I just focus on doing dmg/tracking... if I win its a bonus.



Balc0ra #17 Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:08 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 66256 battles
  • 16,244
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
And where did you use to hide? Besides the lights that yolo across the middle to proxy spot before they even own the flanks, that will rape them 3 seconds later when they lose it. I still have no issues using bushes on both sides of the middle to get intel, even in front of the center rock. And besides those spots, there were not much you could do to stay hidden on the rest of the map as is. Besides the view range advantage on the bridge for me to even notice they were gone. Or the bushes on the south lane from both sides that works until one side gets to eager. 

Thuis001 #18 Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5978 battles
  • 466
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-
  • Member since:
    05-29-2015

View PostThinGun, on 19 June 2018 - 03:14 PM, said:

Excuse my ignorance but ... why would a light tank want to hide and snipe?  I thought they were supposed to be out scouting for the tanks that are actually GOOD at hiding and sniping, like ... oh yeah .... TDs.

 

Perhaps because your strenghts are camo and VR (or those are supposed to be their strenghts, nowadays it seems like WoT doesn't know what they want with them) besides that, scouting is often very limited or impossible. With sniping being impossible thanks to the so called "rebalanced" nerfs to accuracy on most light tanks they are forced into something they aren't supposed to do, close range fights. 

Danger__UXB #19 Posted 19 June 2018 - 04:18 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 9746 battles
  • 2,656
  • Member since:
    03-07-2013

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 19 June 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

 

Spotting opportunities could be described as "severely limited" before, now they qualify for "inexistent".

 

Using LOS when low tier is not great, I am trying to 3-mark the Leopard and currently got 462 VR with binocs on, meaning enemy meds with 15% camo are invisible 410m away.

 

I can't realistically do damage, and without camo cover I can't snipe either, my cannon takes forever to aim in.

 

My point is... I can't do anything.

 

And on top of that, yolo play from enemy lights gets rewarded because they spot our side and then die quickly.

 

This map was bad before but now I feel it has reached ENSK levels, maybe even worse.

 

 

 

Dont spot exept mabye on the passing and to cover flanks..you simply cant do it..

 

Thing is yes!! you will struggle but try to aim in staying alive till the last third of the game as that is when you are the most useful and then you should get some damage (Especially in a tank like that) if you have flanking opportunity

 

...Please tell me you have Optics and vents too? as they will help tremendously..You really need to lose the bino's... with all the loss of foilage you cant be useful static...you need to be mobile

 

 

Try to stay away from/Not confront american meds and TD positions as they will better your V/R (TD.s have bino's) ..and Russians are blind (Remember that in the LOS game):great:

 



Xandania #20 Posted 19 June 2018 - 05:53 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 36347 battles
  • 1,063
  • [-DGN-] -DGN-
  • Member since:
    05-16-2013

View PostThinGun, on 19 June 2018 - 02:14 PM, said:

Excuse my ignorance but ... why would a light tank want to hide and snipe?  I thought they were supposed to be out scouting for the tanks that are actually GOOD at hiding and sniping, like ... oh yeah .... TDs.

 

That went kinda well until Romulan TDs arrived that can outspot your lights, shoot and still stay invisible.

 

View PostThuis001, on 19 June 2018 - 03:15 PM, said:

 

Perhaps because your strenghts are camo and VR (or those are supposed to be their strenghts, nowadays it seems like WoT doesn't know what they want with them) besides that, scouting is often very limited or impossible. With sniping being impossible thanks to the so called "rebalanced" nerfs to accuracy on most light tanks they are forced into something they aren't supposed to do, close range fights. 

 

Additional problem is that many meds and heavies got better VR than the lights - so good luck getting safely to your passive scouting bushes. It will usually work well on the few open maps as long as your team shoots those getting close to you - that is rarely. A few lights can snipe - and especially top tier lights seem to do that often - and then complain about lack of vision ^^

In higher tiers you notice quickly that most maps are too small to house lights as all if they are not played as sofer mediums - its either visibility for all or walls and tunnels. Anyhow - some papertanks still fear the only remaining derp light, so not all is lost ^^






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users