Tier limit for F2P(Free-to-play) players?

tier premium ammo premium premium account premium tanks free to play pay to win f2p premium shells tier limit

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Tier limit (142 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Your opinion for f2p tier limit

1. Tier IV (1 vote [0.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.70%

2. Tier V (2 votes [1.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.41%

3. Tier VI (11 votes [7.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.75%

4. Tier VII (11 votes [7.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.75%

5. Tier VIII (19 votes [13.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.38%

6. Tier IX (6 votes [4.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.23%

7. There is no tier limit for F2P players >:( (92 votes [64.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.79%

Vote Hide poll

romusreckus #1 Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:29 PM

Private

• Player
  • 1692 battles

I am not very fond of in-game transactions. But I still think World of Tanks is a fun game despite the need for heavy use of premium shells occasionally. I have played World of Tanks for quite some time and in my opinion Tier VII has a good balance between gameplay for F2P players and a challenge, on the pool you can select from 1 to 2 votes on a tier you think is a good tier limit for F2P players. 

Please dont start an argument, start a discussion.

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 19 June 2018 - 08:34 PM

Major

• Player
  • 24519 battles
It's those players that don't spend anything on this game, that give you the targets that you've been hitting for 1600 battles.

MD_Titus #3 Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:00 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12555 battles
  • [VNP] VNP
Depends on skill level, but consistent profit is probably tier 6, overall profit at tier 7.

Blubba #4 Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53506 battles
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_
I think the tier limit should be set to the earning ability of the player and how much silver he has at the point he presses 'Battle'.

Lord_Barbarozza #5 Posted 19 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 6548 battles

If you want profits after being destroyed in higher tiers you will need a good game not wasting shells.

Question is, do you waste credits, do you take advantage of selling premium med, repair and fire kits, do you get the weekly bonuses etc, buy tanks at discount and do you waste credits on gold ammunition.

5.6k battles, I had 2 weeks ago 10 mill credits surplus without selling unnecessary tanks and equipment. No problem to be f2p in tier 10 when you have alternative free incomes and dont buy 10 tanks at the same time,

Dava_117 #6 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:18 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 19424 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

There is no limit. It all depend on your game knowledge and financial management.

I shoot gold just when strictly necessary, use standard consumable, equip tanks during discount and have a lot of fun all across the tier board.

I mainly play tier 6 to 9, sometime lower tier or tier 10. So really no limit at all IMO. :)

Enforcer1975 #7 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:28 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20760 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE
As Dava wrote there is no limit. You just have to play a few more good games in mid tier tanks to sponsor high tier play. If you suck at high tiers you shouldn't play them. 

unhappy_bunny #8 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:39 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18099 battles
  • [-OC-] -OC-
I dont see the need to impose limits to the tiers non-paying players can play. The fact that they need to fund any higher tier vehicles, and to buy premium ammo with silver, means they have to play lower tiers to fund their higher tiers. So it is, in a way, self-regulating. 

Balc0ra #9 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:47 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66256 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
If anything would kill off the game in less then a week, it would be that. Suddenly half the tanks for your average free 2 play player are off limits next time they logon. That and considering that the majority are f2p players. It would be a rather poor move.  

MD_Titus #10 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:49 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12555 battles
  • [VNP] VNP
I took it that he meant limit as in maximum sustainable tier without premium tanks or time, rather than what tiers should be behind a paywall.

Wintermute_1 #11 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 44209 battles

I'd estimate only about 1/3 of the games i play at tier X make a credit profit. (I don't run premium time). So 2 out of 3 games I'll lose 10 - 30k as a result of gold rounds used and repairs. I can offset the cost of one of those credit losing tier X games by playing just over 1 game, say 1.5 games in my tier 8 premium tank Rev (One of the best credit making tanks in the game). So as long as i play at least as many games in the Rev as I do in tier X tanks the credits tend to balance out. 

I guess if you run a premium account its pretty easy to break even or make a profit at tier X but I'm perfectly happy doing it using the Rev, and its certainly the cheaper option. 

Currently I have 32 Million credits so theres plenty of excess ontop of what Ive just said.

bring_the_rain1 #12 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:54 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester
  • 24632 battles
  • [AA2DP] AA2DP

Considering that even on premium u will loose on half of tier 10 battles (even with regular rounds), such limit will be just a bad PR

If something should be changed i would decrease tier 10 repair cost.

Edited by Pukam_w_Kakao, 21 June 2018 - 11:11 PM.

250swb #13 Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:05 PM

Major General

• Player
  • 22605 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View Postromusreckus, on 19 June 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

I am not very fond of in-game transactions. But I still think World of Tanks is a fun game despite the need for heavy use of premium shells occasionally. 

Are these also the 'free to play' players who can farm endless credits by playing Frontline (even as total dorks) and then use the credits to buy Premium ammo for Randoms? Seems to me if you don't put anything in you shouldn't get anything special out, so a ban on f2p players in special events and credit farming should be a requisite of your super idea.

Suurpolskija #14 Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:08 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 18692 battles
  • [URHO] URHO

Well, since there are ways to get premium tanks for free, who knows how high tiers you might be able to play. But if you wanna make constant profits, enjoy tiers 5-7 I guess.

Robbie_T #15 Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:28 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 16317 battles
  • [BBMM] BBMM

No tier limit for free players.

I do always have a premium account because i like WOT and WOWP so 2 games for 9 euro.

And if those people want to play for free let them bee most of them will need a prem account to make some credits and get somewhere in the game.

I more have a problem that you can buy a prem 8 tank instantly.

Everyone knows the Lowe top tier with 100 matches under the belt screwing up the game.

They should make it like have a normal tier 8 or do a 1000 battles before you can buy that prem tier 8 tank.

Mike_Mckay #16 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:38 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20294 battles
  • [-AWF-] -AWF-

View Postromusreckus, on 19 June 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

I am not very fond of in-game transactions. But I still think World of Tanks is a fun game despite the need for heavy use of premium shells occasionally. I have played World of Tanks for quite some time and in my opinion Tier VII has a good balance between gameplay for F2P players and a challenge, on the pool you can select from 1 to 2 votes on a tier you think is a good tier limit for F2P players.

I read that several times and still cant seem to find any subject matter about why you even think they should have a "limit" to begin with

Without the F2P players there would barely be ANY players if the WG stats are correct, so after the F2P players were basically driven away in droves to games where they can get a life times worth of updates, free online play, generally a PVE mode, decent customer support and nobody trying to empty their wallet every 5 minutes for the exact same cost as just one make believe pixel tank that WG will make useless with power creep anyway in a year or so anyway trying to force F2P players to spend their money will most probably make the smart ones spend it on entire AAA games for less than the cost of a premium tank bundle or years worth of premium time anyway

And once the F2P players the mediocre stat padders will go once they have to face a higher quantity of decent players and their "awesome" stats start to reflect their actual skill level at the game and don't look quite so impressive

The players who only really enjoy the ego boost from kicking the crap out of F2P players who cant afford decent equipment, highly trained crews and skill rounds will lose interest

Even many of the good players are likely to leave once their stats start to reflect their actual skill level too having to only play teams made up of equal numbers of equally good players and they lose the bump from tomato teams

So you probably wont be left with much of the existing player base above your cut off tier and fewer players who start off as F2P players will stick around when they realise that above a certain tier the "demo" is over and ongoing and endless payment is then necessary and they too will realise that for the cost of one overpriced imaginary tank that probably took an intern a few hours to create they too can buy an entire AAA game they can then play for life without any additional cost and wave "buh buh" too creating a low userbase high turn over game that I don't suspect would last very long

So why do you hate WOT so much that you would want to put a tier cap on F2P players? :)

MeetriX #17 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:57 AM

Major

• Player
  • 20500 battles
WoT as it is has made billions to the Wargaming. Hard to think that they would make even more by limiting the player base.

Captain_Kremen0 #18 Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37264 battles

Why would WG introduce a paywall at any given tier. They make plenty of money out bad premium players.

Trying to correlate paying money with skill simply doesn't work.

In fact the more I think of it the more likely I am to get a chat ban for offering further opinion. Already on 1 warning point.

Aikl #19 Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:59 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 25536 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostMike_Mckay, on 20 June 2018 - 03:38 AM, said:

I read that several times and still cant seem to find any subject matter about why you even think they should have a "limit" to begin with

Without the F2P players there would barely be ANY players if the WG stats are correct, so after the F2P players were basically driven away in droves to games where they can get a life times worth of updates, free online play, generally a PVE mode, decent customer support and nobody trying to empty their wallet every 5 minutes for the exact same cost as just one make believe pixel tank that WG will make useless with power creep anyway in a year or so anyway trying to force F2P players to spend their money will most probably make the smart ones spend it on entire AAA games for less than the cost of a premium tank bundle or years worth of premium time anyway(...)

I'm not sure if OP means there should be a 'hard' limit, but rather what the "practical" limit is for sustaining F2P.

Something that came to mind reading this is whether the game has changed for 'F2P'-players lately. There seems to be plenty favouring those who want a more 'casual' experience, at the cost of those valuing the tactical aspects of WoT as well as those who are F2P.

Obviously you could grind yourself a Pilot or Spaghetti-O, but that's not exactly giving away tanks (though goes to show that time is indeed money). Those willing and able to grind those are probably in the vast minority - at least those who otherwise wouldn't have bought them (or an equivalent). The 'F2P' core is likely at T6-8. I'm pretty darn sure that the powercreep at T8-10 makes WoT way less 'apetizing' for them. Not a good thing, especially considering that there was a lack of T6/7 (compared to T8s) already a year ago.

(1.0 was probably kind of a nail in the coffin for someone who realized that they were playing a game that "forced" you to purchase content (or change your habits) and "suddenly" required you to upgrade the ancient computer running the darn game.)

AcheronEHJ #20 Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:02 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 8784 battles
  • [R-U] R-U
There's already an implied tier limit just based on the fact that the credit economy punishes you above tier 6 or so as a free to play player. There is no need for a hard limit on top of that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users