Tier limit for F2P(Free-to-play) players?

tier premium ammo premium premium account premium tanks free to play pay to win f2p premium shells tier limit

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Tier limit (167 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battle in order to participate this poll.

Your opinion for f2p tier limit

1. Tier IV (1 vote [0.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.60%

2. Tier V (2 votes [1.20%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.20%

3. Tier VI (13 votes [7.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.78%

4. Tier VII (15 votes [8.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.98%

5. Tier VIII (21 votes [12.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.57%

6. Tier IX (6 votes [3.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.59%

7. There is no tier limit for F2P players >:( (109 votes [65.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.27%

Vote Hide poll

SlyMeerkat #21 Posted 20 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

Major

• Player
  • 18221 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-
I personally cant play the game without having premium time at least and its not even expensive so why people dont at least go for that cheap option i dont know, i can understand if it was premium tanks or anything else  

Wintermute_1 #22 Posted 20 June 2018 - 01:04 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48952 battles

View PostMike_Mckay, on 20 June 2018 - 04:38 AM, said:

I read that several times and still cant seem to find any subject matter about why you even think they should have a "limit" to begin with

So why do you hate WOT so much that you would want to put a tier cap on F2P players? :)

He's not talking about a tier cap or limit, he's asking how high it's possible to play without a premium account and without losing credits. But in a 'English is my 2nd language' way. 

The short answer is tier 8, with one or two exceptions. 

Captain_Kremen0 #23 Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 38956 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostWintermute_1, on 20 June 2018 - 12:04 PM, said:

He's not talking about a tier cap or limit, he's asking how high it's possible to play without a premium account and without losing credits. But in a 'English is my 2nd language' way. 

The short answer is tier 8, with one or two exceptions. 

Agreed.

Im a true F2P ligger and have been since '11. Tier 8 is pretty much the ceiling for me, but then apart from my VK...P the other tier 8s I have aren't that competitive in the tier 8 meta. RHM, LTTB and Obj 230 ain't cutting it against Tier X med's and heavies, but I'm happy to subsidise a bit of Tier 8 tanking with my lower tiers.

I believe....working as intended?

Wintermute_1 #24 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:37 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 48952 battles

View PostCaptain_Kremen0, on 20 June 2018 - 02:58 PM, said:

I believe....working as intended?

Pretty much. And that's fair enough imo. You can happily grind your way through to tier 8 free at which point WG effectively say 'you want to continue? Pay us for a tier 8 premium or buy some premium time. They have to monetize their model some how, and this seems like one of the more benign methods.

Infact I think the 3-5-7 MM template was predominately a tier 9 and 10 sweetener for their paying customers.

Edited by Wintermute_1, 20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM.

_Sensation_ #25 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 10471 battles
  • [H3ART] H3ART
I don't get your proposition? This could apply to skill aka wn8 or another parameter to check someone's skill but for this? Wtf

Bordhaw #26 Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:14 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 14531 battles

View Postromusreckus, on 19 June 2018 - 07:29 PM, said:

I am not very fond of in-game transactions. But I still think World of Tanks is a fun game despite the need for heavy use of premium shells occasionally. I have played World of Tanks for quite some time and in my opinion Tier VII has a good balance between gameplay for F2P players and a challenge, on the pool you can select from 1 to 2 votes on a tier you think is a good tier limit for F2P players. 

Please dont start an argument, start a discussion.

The only thing we'll be voting for is your "joke of the week" post. 

NekoPuffer_PPP #27 Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33702 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

You can't lock progression behind a paywall...that's just scumbaggery.

It's fine as it is, want faster progression? Buy Premium Days.

I don't understand why you would want to lock tiers...perhaps to keep noobs out of high tiers? Noobs can have access to credit cards too, you know.

I think tiers should be locked behind a player's ability. Complete a certain mission or challenge, and the next tier is available...just like in a singleplayer game - Stuck on a level you can't complete? Keep practicing until you're good enough to beat it. Earn your rights to succeed by proving you are worthy, and capable.

Thoughts?

Lycopersicon #28 Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:37 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles

I'm not quite sure what you mean. If you mean a hard limit from which onwards freeloaders should just not play (by game rules or by some quirky morale), then hell no, I am all for anyone playing anything they want. If you mean the game economy, then here, too, there is no hard limit, but it gets tighter upwards.

As a practically f2p player (I have bought some premium tanks but I don't play them excessively, and I don't buy premium account, as that would be just waste of money with my level of activity), I find that my economy breaks about even at tier 8. I.e. I could play only tier 8 non-premium tanks indefinitely without my credit stash changing much. For a good player, this boundary moves upwards; I guess (bl)unicums could break even or make a plus in tier 9 without premium account, but even the best need prem account for makiing credits in tier 10. So how high you can go simply depends on how much you are willing to play tiers where you make credits. Anyone can play five games in tiers 5-6 per one game in a tier 10 tank without spending a penny.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 20 June 2018 - 09:46 PM.

jabster #29 Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:42 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12662 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT
I’m pretty sure that the OP is not suggesting a hard limit for free-to-play players but instead what is ‘comfortable’ without spending money.

Elmer_Fud #30 Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:43 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 1724 battles

View Postjabster, on 20 June 2018 - 09:42 PM, said:

I’m pretty sure that the OP is not suggesting a hard limit for free-to-play players but instead what is ‘comfortable’ without spending money.

OP's post doesn't come across that way fella....

Upper tiers are pretty limited by the game economy anyway. I'm not good enough to consistently make credits beyond tier 6/7  on F2P..... And I'm pretty sure there are many more like me.

However, do I want to be limited?..... If that was the case I'm Afraid it would be c:/program files/world of tanks/delete..... just on principle.

jabster #31 Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:50 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12662 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View PostElmer_Fud, on 20 June 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

I honestly don’t see it like that on the grounds of why would you enforce one. On the other hand asking as a non-paying player what tier you can frequently play while still managing your in-game economy seems rather valid.

speedphlux #32 Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 46795 battles
  • [TZAR] TZAR
Technically, there is no tier limit. But I agree with OP - without premium account, it's sometimes a struggle to play tanks higher then Tier VII. I personally found out that to be the sweet spot. However, there are tanks that are exceptions, like the M46 Patton (Tier IX), which I seriously like and can turn out profit in about 90% of the games I play with it. Yes, unlike unicorns I don't have only APCR loaded, but do keep some to get me out of tight situations (like having to fight a Japanese Heavy for example). Other noticeable examples are the Bat Chat 25t, which I also have full "normal" ammo loadout, the IS-4, Cent 7/1 and the AMX 30 Prototype. Money sink tanks for me are the French Lights, in which I fire nothing but premium.

My very first Tier X - the Leopard 1, I actually grinded and brought while not having premium account, so it's absolutely possible. Mind you, took me a bit of planning and pre-grinding to save up enough credits, coz I knew I was bound to loose some while grinding and upgrading from Tier 8 onwards.

Captain_Kremen0 #33 Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:28 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 38956 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View Postspeedphlux, on 21 June 2018 - 04:20 AM, said:

Technically, there is no tier limit. But I agree with OP - without premium account, it's sometimes a struggle to play tanks higher then Tier VII. I personally found out that to be the sweet spot. However, there are tanks that are exceptions, like the M46 Patton (Tier IX), which I seriously like and can turn out profit in about 90% of the games I play with it. Yes, unlike unicorns I don't have only APCR loaded, but do keep some to get me out of tight situations (like having to fight a Japanese Heavy for example). Other noticeable examples are the Bat Chat 25t, which I also have full "normal" ammo loadout, the IS-4, Cent 7/1 and the AMX 30 Prototype. Money sink tanks for me are the French Lights, in which I fire nothing but premium.

My very first Tier X - the Leopard 1, I actually grinded and brought while not having premium account, so it's absolutely possible. Mind you, took me a bit of planning and pre-grinding to save up enough credits, coz I knew I was bound to loose some while grinding and upgrading from Tier 8 onwards.

Funny that. My one and only Tier x was the original French BatChat - mainly because that line was a joy to play. I could run that and a couple of other tier 8s without paying but got rid of the BC because I just didn't enjoy the tier X gameplay.

jabster #34 Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:38 AM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 12662 battles
  • [WSAT] WSAT

View Postspeedphlux, on 21 June 2018 - 04:20 AM, said:

The part that made me stop playing at higher tiers wasn't the credit drain but instead the grind required to get a tank to a decent state. I looked at the different combinations of free exp., converting exp. and plain old grinding and decided it was just not something I wanted to do.

Unicorn_of_Steel #35 Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 13518 battles
  • [R_D_A] R_D_A

View PostAcheronEHJ, on 20 June 2018 - 11:02 AM, said:

There's already an implied tier limit just based on the fact that the credit economy punishes you above tier 6 or so as a free to play player. There is no need for a hard limit on top of that.

I like to add that imo it is already very hard to progress to T6 without spending some real money on demounting equipment and transferring crews when progressing up the tiers. It is possible but that requires awfull numbers of battles to be played.

Lycopersicon #36 Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:42 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 10747 battles

View PostUnicorn_of_Steel, on 21 June 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

I like to add that imo it is already very hard to progress to T6 without spending some real money on demounting equipment and transferring crews when progressing up the tiers. It is possible but that requires awfull numbers of battles to be played.

I'm pretty sure that vast majority of players transfer their crews for credits. The crew is back at their original state by the time it takes to work your way through a typical T4 tank, and far beyond that when you are finished with a T5 tank; higher than that there is no practical difference between transferring for credits and transferring for gold.

Demounting equipment becomes completely unnecessary when you manage to get the "buy when discounted, sell with the tank" carousel going. This cycle, however, needs a single investent of a few million credits to start.

Edited by Lycopersicon, 21 June 2018 - 12:42 PM.

NekoPuffer_PPP #37 Posted 21 June 2018 - 12:55 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 33702 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View PostElmer_Fud, on 20 June 2018 - 10:43 PM, said:

Actually, re-reading the OP now, I've realised you're right, jabster.

In that case, tier 6 is good. Sherman Jumbo, Škoda T25, KV-2...

Griffone #38 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 5438 battles
Having played this game as a FTP and Premium user with enough skill you can break even or play to slight profit on tier VIII vehicles (I have 50.81% winrate over 4.3k battles). Premium account allows to comfortably profit even on tier X. That is unless you use premium munitions in which case you sacrifice profitability for effectiveness.

Andrasan89 #39 Posted 10 July 2018 - 02:36 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 8086 battles
  • [NEBUN] NEBUN

this limit should be for P2W players !!

im tired to see trogs in p2w tanks when they have no idea about how to play...or even worse in new moronic op high tier tank because they grind them with "free xp" from prem tank, again

Edited by Andrasan89, 10 July 2018 - 02:40 PM.

Jigabachi #40 Posted 10 July 2018 - 03:01 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17948 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

We'll never know. OP is one of those many "fire&forget"-kind-of forum users...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users