Jump to content


Update 1.0.2: Advanced Training


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:01 PM

    Sergeant

  • Content Team
  • 0 battles
  • 25,006
  • Member since:
    11-09-2011
Get the most from your tanking career with in-game Advanced Training.

The full text of the news item

SlyMeerkat #2 Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:26 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 15540 battles
  • 1,862
  • [FILO] FILO
  • Member since:
    01-29-2013
Nice, every little helps in making WoT a better place for new players :)

WoT_RU_Doing #3 Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:27 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 41803 battles
  • 430
  • [-GY-] -GY-
  • Member since:
    07-20-2013

A great addition, though a little slow in coming. Though I have over 40,000 battles now, I recently took the bootcamp, and found there were a couple of things even at that level that no-one had ever told me before. Now that the new training missions are added, I'll have a go at them too. However, I'm a little disappointed that the training offers newcomers a free tier 6 tank, but not everybody else. This is especially true as a newcomer might have played so many battles before discovering this mode that they won't get the tank either, and for more experienced players it would provide more incentive for them to try these modes (where they may also learn something).

 

Good job. I only wish it had been available when I first started playing....it took me 10,000 battles to find out that you could zoom in when in sniper mode, and nearly 40,000 to discover that with the right type of sight, you actually get a penetration indicator.



uglycousin #4 Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 43179 battles
  • 3,541
  • [TFUK] TFUK
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

Good idea, but I think it is still too easy to miss by many new players.

 

 



Tijsbeek993 #5 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:21 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5664 battles
  • 20
  • [JOM] JOM
  • Member since:
    07-23-2017
cool, But old players dont get a free premium and T6 token.. and 100gold.
I need to pay and play for everything.

_Sensation_ #6 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:30 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 6328 battles
  • 456
  • Member since:
    01-10-2017

Ah come on guys, they get goodies worth of 5 - 10 euro's stop crying... Jeez... :facepalm:

 

Making triple that in a hour



Tijsbeek993 #7 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:32 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5664 battles
  • 20
  • [JOM] JOM
  • Member since:
    07-23-2017

View Post_Sensation_, on 20 June 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

Ah come on guys, they get goodies worth of 5 - 10 euro's stop crying... Jeez... :facepalm:

 

Making triple that in a hour

 

Im 13.. I even dont have a gamepc.
Every euro is lots worth for me. xD

 

I killed the B1 in one of the missions :oooo that is impossible..
I did 1500 damage LOL


Edited by Tijsbeek993, 20 June 2018 - 04:35 PM.


Sturmi_0545 #8 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:57 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 40851 battles
  • 363
  • [SNOB] SNOB
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

great thing ... only 7 years late.

 

but I understand, you're trying to get a new batch of newbies battle-ready after losing a big deal of paying "veterans" due to your self-destructive PMM policy.

 

Edit: Don't buy any of WG's rotten pixels, kids! WG will get you diarrhea.


Edited by Sturmi_0545, 20 June 2018 - 04:59 PM.


BananaItalia #9 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:25 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 12709 battles
  • 55
  • [ARMB] ARMB
  • Member since:
    12-21-2014
Another little patch to adjust something .....

marqas #10 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 37207 battles
  • 5
  • [_DST_] _DST_
  • Member since:
    07-01-2012
looks all right but when wg remove WG MAGIC with shells shooting the ground with full aim put trully random maps not whe u pick light tank and allways end up i the city and heavy allways stays in wide open whe the tanks gonna be stop nerfed after each update ....etc

Tijsbeek993 #11 Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5664 battles
  • 20
  • [JOM] JOM
  • Member since:
    07-23-2017
Im gona buy a premium tank. after a gamepc, why?!
Because without premium tanks you even get less credits then beying blind.
And you must play 24/7 low tier and 1 t10 game and. lets play 1 day again low tier becuase no credits!

(Dont take this real. Its 60% fake

Thuis001 #12 Posted 20 June 2018 - 07:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 5834 battles
  • 456
  • [-SBN-] -SBN-
  • Member since:
    05-29-2015

View PostTijsbeek993, on 20 June 2018 - 05:33 PM, said:

Im gona buy a premium tank. after a gamepc, why?!
Because without premium tanks you even get less credits then beying blind.
And you must play 24/7 low tier and 1 t10 game and. lets play 1 day again low tier becuase no credits!

(Dont take this real. Its 60% fake

I don't have any issues with keeping a positive bank account in game, sure I loose money at tier IX, but I play a lot of tier V-VII to make up for it, both in grinds and in tanks I just like to play like the KV-2 and the Comet



_b_ #13 Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:51 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 54446 battles
  • 3,902
  • Member since:
    04-06-2011

Could we also get an advanced edition showing us how to approach the 3:5:7 mm while being bottom tier... and enemies have bobjects v4 ?  Perhaps also a touch of how to go around gold HE spam from Type's in current corridor maps? 

 

I know about the recommendations to  'flank and TVP outplaying' ...but would really like to see how you... ohh dearest bestest consumer customer friendly WG ..actually recommends HOW we are to do this ... perhaps include a how-too when there are 3 arties each team?

 

<3 WG-EU

 

 

...or ... #walletclosed!?



cookiemonster66 #14 Posted 21 June 2018 - 02:38 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 47530 battles
  • 137
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011
I couldn't care less lol....these people should fix whats broken first before adding other stuff. I really couldn't care less if i tried, i log in occasionally play a few games see it still has the same broken crap it's had for years and log out.

ogremage #15 Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:03 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32431 battles
  • 1,390
  • [KAZNA] KAZNA
  • Member since:
    06-26-2011
So if a person has no t6 tanks and no 1000 battles, but have done previous boot camp (and gotten the rewards) - can they get the t6 tank token or not?

Tijsbeek993 #16 Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:13 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 5664 battles
  • 20
  • [JOM] JOM
  • Member since:
    07-23-2017

View Postogremage, on 21 June 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

So if a person has no t6 tanks and no 1000 battles, but have done previous boot camp (and gotten the rewards) - can they get the t6 tank token or not?

You must do some missions
And after that and you are having a T5 tank you get a T6 token (I think 90% will use it for the same line and not anather XD



Wallace_P_Games #17 Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:18 AM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1448 battles
  • 24
  • Member since:
    05-16-2018

View Postogremage, on 21 June 2018 - 05:03 AM, said:

So if a person has no t6 tanks and no 1000 battles, but have done previous boot camp (and gotten the rewards) - can they get the t6 tank token or not?

 

I have SU-100 and Type 64 at Tier 6 and 1 Prem tier 7 and 1 Prem tier 8. I will test this later to see if I get anything.

Simona2k #18 Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:16 AM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 1436 battles
  • 159
  • [GGLT] GGLT
  • Member since:
    10-01-2017
very good training missions for newbies

Hero_of_Tython #19 Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:14 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 23169 battles
  • 816
  • [UP-EM] UP-EM
  • Member since:
    04-19-2014

View PostWoT_RU_Doing, on 20 June 2018 - 01:27 PM, said:

A great addition, though a little slow in coming. Though I have over 40,000 battles now, I recently took the bootcamp, and found there were a couple of things even at that level that no-one had ever told me before. Now that the new training missions are added, I'll have a go at them too. However, I'm a little disappointed that the training offers newcomers a free tier 6 tank, but not everybody else. This is especially true as a newcomer might have played so many battles before discovering this mode that they won't get the tank either, and for more experienced players it would provide more incentive for them to try these modes (where they may also learn something).

 

Good job. I only wish it had been available when I first started playing....it took me 10,000 battles to find out that you could zoom in when in sniper mode, and nearly 40,000 to discover that with the right type of sight, you actually get a penetration indicator.

 

It certainly is a good start by WG, but I do feel there should be an incentive offered for players with higher battle counts to go through the training as well. We've all seen 20k plus plays who play like newbies and these guys probably need the help just as much as the newcomers.

 

I'll probably check it out with or without an incentive, because as you say even after playing 1000s of games you can still learn something new



ARMAGEDN #20 Posted 21 June 2018 - 01:38 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 21055 battles
  • 31
  • Member since:
    12-15-2012
Very bad optimization as always (since 1.0), training mission is loading 5-7mins, passed 2 missions and it stopped loading the 3rd one (waited for 15mins)




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users