Recap: Arms Race

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Community #1 Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

Sergeant

• Content Team
  • 0 battles
Check out some interesting stats about the Arms Race event on the Global Map!

The full text of the news item

Dakado24 #2 Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

Corporal

• Clan Commander
  • 17803 battles
  • [_HEAT] _HEAT
It was good, especially because it took only 14 days. What to improve ? Well maybe new reward tanks would be good, new tier X reward vehicle or tier VIII reward premium vehicle exclusive from clan wars.

Psychomantis198 #3 Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:42 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 23995 battles
  • [SERPE] SERPE
where can one see the front battle count for each clan. i would like to see what we have done compared to the last season

iktasolork22 #4 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 6838 battles
When I see the topic title I thought it will contain more statistics such as how many shells fired and which type of shell used more (%5!) or which vehicle used how many times etc. like they did show after the Christmas event. I think that kind of statistics are far more interesting to look at. Congrats to top clans.

Edited by iktasolork22, 20 June 2018 - 04:20 PM.

8126Jakobsson #5 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:28 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 67832 battles
A list of the most popular tanks would be quite neat indeed. 

_Sensation_ #6 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 7525 battles
  • [MEME] MEME

View PostDakado24, on 20 June 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

It was good, especially because it took only 14 days. What to improve ? Well maybe new reward tanks would be good, new tier X reward vehicle or tier VIII reward premium vehicle exclusive from clan wars.

+1

Mezoim #7 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

Private

• Player
  • 29384 battles

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 20 June 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

No doubt that the "balanced" V4 was the most popular

Search_Warrant #8 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:43 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 27235 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Oh look FAME first. Surprise surprise. no real new blood because any new talent that joins the game quits fast due to WG's "improved" game.

Nayonac #9 Posted 20 June 2018 - 04:44 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 19197 battles
  • [BC-X] BC-X

Most Balanced tank 268 v4...

Would like a list on the 29th of how many people of the 9000 actually claimed the reward tanks 

Also a list of which tanks were played in how many battles, maybe even a break down by map

One thing i always thought we need in wot's in heat maps for deaths.

:D

w3dewy #10 Posted 20 June 2018 - 06:17 PM

Private

• Player
  • 40992 battles
  • [-PJR-] -PJR-

1 improvement that comes to mind:

Make ALLEY OF FAME have "Search by rank" so it would be easier to see how many points needed for rewards.

Orrie #11 Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 31440 battles
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
I'd rather see top 5 clans by winratio, than total victories. Also filter out basic front battles :trollface:

WindSplitter1 #12 Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

Major

• Player
  • 16303 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

No offence, but seeing those 3 clans earning the top seats, again, was already expected.

I still don't know how could a clan enter on the Elite Front and it was almost as if it was reserved for FAME and GO-IN. The rest of the battles was just pathetic and I personally think the Absolute Mode should be Tier IX due to the general poor design that Tier X has.

Overall, it saddens me that the same rewards get practically assigned to these clans while the rest gets to eat from the breadcrumbs that fall from their tables. I could develop more on the subject but prolly not I have an Elitist calling me out.

One thing that seemed quite just was the tank reward system. It made fair and, let's be fair, easy enough to obtain a reward tank without it being to grindy. Didn't get one but that's not the point.

Very nice. But the rest makes CW a waste of time.

Satanchia #13 Posted 21 June 2018 - 07:20 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 9605 battles
  • [DR3DD] DR3DD
I played every day 4h from start to finish and I did not get anything so 14 days and 4h minimum per day for crap camo and 500 bonds... This system sucks cuz players from FAME,MVPS ..... can play last day 2h and they will easy pass me. I played 150 matches and then some *edited from FAME decide to play 5 games and he is in front of me. Really nice. This is first and last time to waste my time on this *edited arms race.

Edited by G_Bg_82, 23 June 2018 - 07:07 PM.
swearing

Jambadoo #14 Posted 21 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

Private

• Player
  • 19604 battles
  • [WAAT] WAAT

I enjoy CWs though I would suggest for the countdown to be shorter at the first battle like most clans are already ready when the Special Battle button is up...but after readying up we all have to wait for so so long. Instead the second battle needs more time as most times one must rush the first battle to be able to have time to join the second. In terms of the rewards..if there could be different rewards for different rankings TOP 200 clans get tier Xs, 400 get tier IXs, etc like makes it feel worth to play and not just some bonds (which are appropriated but maybe more than just 250b...maybe 1000b).

Finally when you enter battle and this is the same for Skirmishes it would be great to see the Clan's ranking between closer clans not the top 10...Because honestly who cares about the top 10!! ;)

Mariuxszas #15 Posted 21 June 2018 - 10:11 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26624 battles
  • [ANUBI] ANUBI

View PostWindSplitter1, on 20 June 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

No offence, but seeing those 3 clans earning the top seats, again, was already expected.

I still don't know how could a clan enter on the Elite Front and it was almost as if it was reserved for FAME and GO-IN. The rest of the battles was just pathetic and I personally think the Absolute Mode should be Tier IX due to the general poor design that Tier X has.

Overall, it saddens me that the same rewards get practically assigned to these clans while the rest gets to eat from the breadcrumbs that fall from their tables. I could develop more on the subject but prolly not I have an Elitist calling me out.

One thing that seemed quite just was the tank reward system. It made fair and, let's be fair, easy enough to obtain a reward tank without it being to grindy. Didn't get one but that's not the point.

I understand your frustration, but please think it through first.

Where in this world can you find a system, where best teams don't win almost every year and where not only best teams get to fight in final tournaments, or have extra tournaments available to them (like your argument about elite region provinces). 

Football world cup, Euroleague, Olympics - all of sports I can think of are based on rewards for best teams or sportsmen. 

And as far as I remember game tournaments are considered e-sports. 

So after all i said do you still think system is wrong?

voulezvous #16 Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:01 AM

Community Team Lead WoT EU

• WG Staff
  • 17697 battles
  • [WG] WG

View PostDakado24, on 20 June 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

I'm glad you liked it and I'll pass the message to the devs about your new armored toy suggestion :)

View PostPsychomantis198, on 20 June 2018 - 03:42 PM, said:

where can one see the front battle count for each clan. i would like to see what we have done compared to the last season

Do you mean Global Map season or the Gambit Operation?

View Postiktasolork22, on 20 June 2018 - 04:15 PM, said:

When I see the topic title I thought it will contain more statistics such as how many shells fired and which type of shell used more (%5!) or which vehicle used how many times etc. like they did show after the Christmas event. I think that kind of statistics are far more interesting to look at. Congrats to top clans.

That is a good suggestion. I'll look into incorporating it into the next Operation.

View PostMezoim, on 20 June 2018 - 04:38 PM, said:

No doubt that the "balanced" V4 was the most popular

With a tank freeze lasting up to 3 days... I'm sure the lineups were much more varied than just a V4 spam.

View Post8126Jakobsson, on 20 June 2018 - 04:28 PM, said:

Not a bad suggestion. I'll look into adding it to the next Operation recap.

View PostSearch_Warrant, on 20 June 2018 - 04:43 PM, said:

Oh look FAME first. Surprise surprise. no real new blood because any new talent that joins the game quits fast due to WG's "improved" game.

If you think that FAME's victory was easy to predict then you weren't paying attention to what GO-IN and MVPS were doing. Those are the most skilled player collectives on this server and the competition was fierce.

View PostNayonac, on 20 June 2018 - 04:44 PM, said:

Most Balanced tank 268 v4...

Would like a list on the 29th of how many people of the 9000 actually claimed the reward tanks 

Also a list of which tanks were played in how many battles, maybe even a break down by map

One thing i always thought we need in wot's in heat maps for deaths.

:D

I love the death heat map idea - I'll make sure to ask if it is something easy to arrange because, at the moment, I don't know.

View Postw3dewy, on 20 June 2018 - 06:17 PM, said:

1 improvement that comes to mind:

Make ALLEY OF FAME have "Search by rank" so it would be easier to see how many points needed for rewards.

I'll see if this is possible and try to incorporate it in the next Operation recap.

View PostOrrie, on 20 June 2018 - 08:57 PM, said:

I'd rather see top 5 clans by winratio, than total victories. Also filter out basic front battles :trollface:

I see why this may be a better indicator. I'll try to include your sugestion in the future Operation's recap.

View PostWindSplitter1, on 20 June 2018 - 09:04 PM, said:

So what do you think stopped your clan from reaching the top?

View PostSatanchia, on 21 June 2018 - 07:20 AM, said:

I played every day 4h from start to finish and I did not get anything so 14 days and 4h minimum per day for crap camo and 500 bonds... This system sucks cuz players from FAME,MVPS ..... can play last day 2h and they will easy pass me. I played 150 matches and then some s... from FAME decide to play 5 games and he is in front of me. Really nice. This is first and last time to waste my time on this s..t arms race.

You're referring to the clan multiplier, right? Great personal performance is important, of course, but in order to be successful in this type of event it's also about your clan's diplomacy efforts, clever planning and investment of Fame points. I'm sorry you're disappointed with your outcome of your efforts.

View PostJambadoo, on 21 June 2018 - 09:19 AM, said:

I enjoy CWs though I would suggest for the countdown to be shorter at the first battle like most clans are already ready when the Special Battle button is up...but after readying up we all have to wait for so so long. Instead the second battle needs more time as most times one must rush the first battle to be able to have time to join the second. In terms of the rewards..if there could be different rewards for different rankings TOP 200 clans get tier Xs, 400 get tier IXs, etc like makes it feel worth to play and not just some bonds (which are appropriated but maybe more than just 250b...maybe 1000b).

Finally when you enter battle and this is the same for Skirmishes it would be great to see the Clan's ranking between closer clans not the top 10...Because honestly who cares about the top 10!! ;)

That is a good suggestion! I'll see if it is possible to shorten the first battle countdown but I'm making no promisses! In the meantime I would like to ask others if this is something you would like to see as well.

Guys? Any thoughts on the subject?

Mariuxszas #17 Posted 21 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26624 battles
  • [ANUBI] ANUBI

I cant edit this on mobile phone. Will edit when i'm back home

Edited by Mariuxszas, 21 June 2018 - 11:33 AM.

blacky3443 #18 Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:12 PM

Private

• Player
  • 65942 battles
  • [-RLD-] -RLD-

To be honest I did enjoy this campaign, I felt it was the right length and manageable especially as I was nearly divorced on past campaigns due to the time period.. However a couple of thoughts.

With the superiority of the top clans it is becoming less interesting as every campaign I know I wont win anything because I need to git gud and so does my clan..... However can WG not introduce leagues dependant on you ELO rating (like football) with different prizes and tanks dependant on what league you are in. For example a tier 10 tank for the Premier League, a tier 9 for the 1st Division a tier 8 for the 2nd and so on... Or different levels of bonds and multipliers etc for the different leagues. By doing this you could spread the rewards throughout the community. It may benefit CW by bringing back interest from clans who currently see no point in playing it...

Another point is matching clans by their ELO for provinces. Currently you would be matched against an equal rated team on the first battle. If you win it is not unusual to be matched to the highest ELO rated team for that province and generally are knocked out at that point. Again another reason why clans give up early on or not bother at all.

A final point, we all know that CW is a gold spamming mode. A lot of players soon run out of silver because of CW gold ammo needs and stop playing. Can this not be addressed, whether reducing ammo costs for CW or increasing the revenue multiplier to not impact too much on players resources.

Do keep up CW campaigns as my clan (although average) Still do enjoy playing them...

ReLike10 #19 Posted 21 June 2018 - 04:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 16178 battles
  • [LOL-T] LOL-T
I have one question. You will organize the auction for next campaign too or is just for this campaign?

StinkyStonky #20 Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:55 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28894 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

I shared some thoughts in the other thread http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/675579-arms-race-share-your-thoughts/page__pid__15886571#entry15886571

Copy/Pasted here because, you know, clicking through a link would be too much trouble ...

Thoughts in no particular order ...

• 907 - Should be available.  Many tank winners will already have it so removing it from the prize pool mainly punishes newcomers to Clan Wars.
  • Tank Auction for players not in the top 9000. - Good idea.  Only 120 available so will have hardly any impact on those who previously won the tank(s).  Make sure you publish the minimum wining bid.  I suspect it will be very high.
  • Making players pay for their "Reward". - Bonds are just badly balanced.  A 907 (4k bonds previously) cost less than a vent system.  Ranked/FL gave away 1000s of bonds, a tier 10 game gives 5-15 bonds, a Kolobanovs gives 3 or 5 !!  If you want to encourage participation in Bond events, then Bonds should be the cheap way to buy the reward, but there should also be an option to pay with gold or silver.  If this sounds crappy it's because the reward being the "right to buy" is crappy.
  • A Time limit to "buy" the reward. - This is just BAD.  If you win the right to "buy a reward" that should be permanent, just like PRs and the discount on Swedish tanks.
  • Technical Victory - There are (at least 2 problems)
    • "Winners" should earn something.  Doesn't need to be huge but sitting around, waiting for the start should deliver something.
    • "Winners" shouldn't get shafted by being matched against the best clan in the next round.
  • 15 minute offset between 15 minute battles is just bad.  In the past we've missed a battle because it started 14:45 after the previous one which didn't end until the 15 minutes.  Doesn't happen very often but shouldn't ever happen.  Battles could be 14 minutes or starts could be delayed (if needed) by 60 seconds.
  • Lesser clans (like mine) get very little from CWs, other than the fun of playing.  How about some other rewards rather than just a badge, bonds and camo (and gold and a "right to buy" a tank for the top clans).
    • How about rewarding clans with Bonds as well as gold.
    • How about boxes as a reward
    • How about silver as a reward

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users