Low Tier Premium Vehicles

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

OlympusPk #1 Posted 21 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 71252 battles

Last months I started a new task for my self: To get an ACE TANKER to as many vehicles I could. So I re-purchaced gradually low tier tanks starting from tier 1 but I found it very frustrating to get new crew member for them using credits and having them intially at 75%. Until the crew reaches 100% and then for the next skill (mostly wanted for me is 6th sense for commander) playing at low tier is unbearable. Especially at tier 1 and 2, playing is very hard due to big waiting time, same 3 maps again and again, low level of awareness especially by the new players, etc. etc.Another big issue there is the low xp a player can get even with reserves making the grind of the crew very frustrating. It could be nice if you could release some new premium tanks at low tiers either as gift to players or as new addition to the tech tree. Also it could be nice from time to time to reduce the price of them to half as you did it in the past. My proposal is initially to release light tanks for the nations that dont have one (France, China, Chehoslovakia and Italy) and second to improve to competiveness of the existent ones:

L60       more armor, higher penetration

Lt Vic    more armor, higher penetration

Toldi III better reload, more average damage and more detection range

Pz IID  higher penetration

If my proposals come to fullfil I believe much more players will buy and/or play at low tiers

mango91 #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40842 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

unluckily the WG vehicle balance department is not at its best nowadays

low tier prems would bring another wave of sealclubbers at tier 2-3, destroying the game experience for the new players

OlympusPk #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:41 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 71252 battles

View Postmango91, on 22 June 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

low tier prems would bring another wave of sealclubbers at tier 2-3, destroying the game experience for the new players

You are right about the first part but what else can worsen the current situation? Allready proffesional sealclubbers are in bussiness with their T2s, M2s Lt and Pz1c. 

P.S.

Are there new players? :child:

OlympusPk #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:17 AM

Corporal

• Player
  • 71252 battles

View Postmango91, on 22 June 2018 - 09:58 AM, said:

And dont forget there are already in the game the Pz38H also called the Mini Maus and the 99 euros mother of all pay to win virtual tank the Pz IIJ. 

Edited by OlympusPk, 22 June 2018 - 10:31 AM.

mango91 #5 Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Clan Diplomat
  • 40842 battles
  • [ORKI] ORKI

What I meant was that the number of active players who have the right tanks to sealclub is decreasing due to "natural" causes.

I wrote "another" on purpose, I know that someone enjoys the sealclub (I do play low tiers too, rarely)

Silas001 #6 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:33 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 47400 battles
  • [JUST] JUST

World of Tanks is indeed extremely punishing for new players. When I started this game I didnt know better, but I wouldnt go through it again and wouldnt recommend it to anyone else.

So I agree it would be great if WG would do something about that (I know what a funny thought) like allways having 100% Crews or even better completely rework the way crews work so that advanced players dont have a significant advantage from the start of the match - so lets say with time and experience come specialization (with pros and cons) instead of pure advantages. Anyway all that is extremely hypothetical since it is intended for new players to invest money to get beyond the hell-hole of low tier randoms.

Back-2-Topic:

I dont really see how more low-tier premiums (which already exist in masses) would help there. Especially since gameplay at low tiers is already very unforgiving (DPM vs. HP - It is MUCH faster to reduce health from full to 0 on tier1 than on tier10) - so again massively favors more experienced players.

OlympusPk #7 Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:14 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 71252 battles

View Postmango91, on 22 June 2018 - 02:06 PM, said:

What I meant was that the number of active players who have the right tanks to sealclub is decreasing due to "natural" causes.

I wrote "another" on purpose, I know that someone enjoys the sealclub (I do play low tiers too, rarely)

"Natural"? Are they dying? :D 

But are you sure about that? Do you remember last March the "Grand Extravaganza" marathon for the I7 laptop and processors prizes, and the orgasm of the autoloaders (T2, M2Lt, T-7, Pz-1c)?

Anyway I dont like playing low tiers for statistiscs only because I dont enjoy it. I prefer to play more worthwhile tiers (V,VI, VII). I only point out the lack of 4 nations (maybe 5 including upcoming polish line) low tier premium tanks. I have a lot of soviet ones and at least 1 from USA, Germany, UK, Sweden and Japan. And as far as my goal to ACE them, I have almost done (NC-31 and AMX-38 are left from tiers 1-3). Now I play low tier premiums (when I am in mood) only to train crews for any future demands

OlympusPk #8 Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:37 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 71252 battles

View PostSilas001, on 22 June 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

World of Tanks is indeed extremely punishing for new players. When I started this game I didnt know better, but I wouldnt go through it again and wouldnt recommend it to anyone else.

So I agree it would be great if WG would do something about that (I know what a funny thought) like allways having 100% Crews or even better completely rework the way crews work so that advanced players dont have a significant advantage from the start of the match - so lets say with time and experience come specialization (with pros and cons) instead of pure advantages. Anyway all that is extremely hypothetical since it is intended for new players to invest money to get beyond the hell-hole of low tier randoms.

Back-2-Topic:

I dont really see how more low-tier premiums (which already exist in masses) would help there. Especially since gameplay at low tiers is already very unforgiving (DPM vs. HP - It is MUCH faster to reduce health from full to 0 on tier1 than on tier10) - so again massively favors more experienced players.

WG could separate new players from old ones by counting the number of battles and having an upper limit of 1K or 2K battles for example. But again you cannot prevent rerolls to ruin the game of real new players.

As an old player, actually if I get a new crew for a tier 1 (for example) tank I do not have any advandage if I dont like to use gold to train it. My new crew will start at 75% skill while a new player will start at 100%. The only advandage I have is the map awareness and of course the experience I got throught the long time played the game.

I agree that there are "masses" of low tier premiums but unfortunately there are not equaly distributed amongst the nations. And here is my proposal. Add new premiums for the nations not having one and make the existent ones more balanced. Tier III premiums would be ideal since they can play in tier IV battles therefore the map rotation is not the 3 boring maps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users