Province.. YES

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

gorgumoth #1 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:59 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16258 battles
  • [T__T] T__T

Put province back to lowtier where it belongs, where it was back then...

It is NOT a t10 map and will never be.. yeah it looks nice in HD.. well done wg..

JUST SUCK IT UP and move it back to lowtier!

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:08 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 24082 battles
Being a Yes fan, I am disappointed.

gorgumoth #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:10 AM

Private

• Player
  • 16258 battles
  • [T__T] T__T
that a band? oO

FluffyRedFox #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:19 AM

General

• Player
  • 22525 battles
  • [LEWD] LEWD
Map originally intended for tier 3 and below being made available for all tiers, what could go wrong?

Simeon85 #5 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:25 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

I am in a minority on this but I actually prefer Province to many maps in the game, it's a map where if you are in a soft med or light you can actually do something, whereas being in one of those tanks on Abbey, Mountain Pass, Ensk etc. I usually sigh because I am pretty useless from the start unless my heavies win the game for me.

Not that it's a great map, it could be improved.

Personally I'd like to see the middle raised up a lot in height, so the difference between the two sides and the middle is left, make it a gently sloping valley, not a gorge like it basically is now. Then put more cover in the middle and more access points from the middle to the two flanks.

Basically that would make the map more like Glacier or Prohk, where the middle and two flanks all need to work together. 

KillingJoker #6 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 32021 battles
  • [-EXC-] -EXC-

The map is terrible, yet my winrate in this map should be like 65/70% from every game i played...

i always assault, every time, i never stay back defending, and this is why: 

if you stay in the back defending, not only you will be passive, as your team will lose initiative and you will be spoted and take shots..

or everyone else in your team dies and you end up outnumbered and killed anyway even if your in really good heavy. 

So i don't mind playing it, just because i tend to have results with it, but the map is bad, and have no place at tier X or above tier VI's, simply doesn't work

i Would say its a good map for lower tiers and to people to learn the mechanics of spoting and such, but not to play higher tiers and experienced players...

because its not flexible at all, you have 2 ways of playing it, i cant imagine how would this be played at clan wars, it would be such a boring game to see and probably ending up in endless draw's... 

jeffrey_mk2 #7 Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:23 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 12175 battles
  • [NLWGG] NLWGG

The map is nice for max tier 4 and no higher, its one big camp fest and the team that makes a push usually gets killed

When playing a big heavy on that map there is not a really logical place to go without getting spotted fast.

Simeon85 #8 Posted 22 June 2018 - 10:48 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostKillingJoker, on 22 June 2018 - 09:59 AM, said:

The map is terrible, yet my winrate in this map should be like 65/70% from every game i played...

i always assault, every time, i never stay back defending, and this is why: 

if you stay in the back defending, not only you will be passive, as your team will lose initiative and you will be spoted and take shots..

or everyone else in your team dies and you end up outnumbered and killed anyway even if your in really good heavy. 

So i don't mind playing it, just because i tend to have results with it, but the map is bad, and have no place at tier X or above tier VI's, simply doesn't work

i Would say its a good map for lower tiers and to people to learn the mechanics of spoting and such, but not to play higher tiers and experienced players...

because its not flexible at all, you have 2 ways of playing it, i cant imagine how would this be played at clan wars, it would be such a boring game to see and probably ending up in endless draw's... 

People are generally too passive on this map and I also reckon I have a good win rate on this map.

IMO some of the hate for Province stems because plaers have been coddled into this format of where maps are generally 100m brawls where they are safe from cross-fire and maps that generally favour heavies.

Province (at least crossing does) more favours mobility and view range, and people have to be aware of cross fire and get shot in the side.

It's far from a perfect map, but it's a map that test player skills more than many others. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users