Jump to content


RhM Skorpion


  • Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

Llewelyn #1 Posted 22 June 2018 - 11:59 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 11010 battles
  • 58
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

If I thought there was any point I'd demand a refund for this piece of junk.

On the face of it, looks a useful tool - turret, powerful gun etc.  But in practice (and due to the nature of the maps, and the fact that all worthwhile TD spots are now well known) it's a waste of space.  It has almost zero armour, yet unlike (say) a Hellcat it's not very fast, has poor acceleration, disgusting traverse speed for such a short vehicle (even turning the tank and turret together is slow) and the gun is slow as heck too, under 6 rounds a minute stock.  It's not even like it has great camo - under 30 stationary even with net. 

All of this wouldn't be too bad but then it's put in tier VIII so it's almost always in tier IX or X battles.

  
All told, I really regret spending my hard-earned on this thing.  Granted, the crew are only on their first skill - but it's gonna take some seriously amazing crew to make it half decent. 



RaptorAbt #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:09 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 41181 battles
  • 414
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

It is a very situational vehicle and totally map dependent with its poor gun depression and camo rating, but it is accurate and hits very hard.

I am not the best player with it, but its fun till you get spotted! :bush: Rotating my Assault gun crews through it at the moment.



THE_JACK_OF_HEARTS #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:13 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 9513 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    02-04-2015
Welsh whine ffs....

Simeon85 #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:15 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,608
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

Fit the big gun, have some HEAT, pop out derp someeone for 750 rinse and repeat.

 

You need like 3 shots to have a decent game. 

 

It's a tank on tier 8 with a turret that has 750 alpha. 



arthurwellsley #5 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:17 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 52133 battles
  • 3,187
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-
  • Member since:
    05-11-2011

View PostLlewelyn, on 22 June 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

If I thought there was any point I'd demand a refund for this piece of junk.

On the face of it, looks a useful tool - turret, powerful gun etc.  But in practice (and due to the nature of the maps, and the fact that all worthwhile TD spots are now well known) it's a waste of space.  It has almost zero armour, yet unlike (say) a Hellcat it's not very fast, has poor acceleration, disgusting traverse speed for such a short vehicle (even turning the tank and turret together is slow) and the gun is slow as heck too, under 6 rounds a minute stock.  It's not even like it has great camo - under 30 stationary even with net. 

All of this wouldn't be too bad but then it's put in tier VIII so it's almost always in tier IX or X battles.

  
All told, I really regret spending my hard-earned on this thing.  Granted, the crew are only on their first skill - but it's gonna take some seriously amazing crew to make it half decent. 

 

Hilarious.

You realise that some players have made threads on this forum claiming that the Skorpion G is OP?

 

Looks like it is quite well balanced to me.

 

Take the fire extinguisher off and put on 100 Octane gasoline to make the turret turn faster, and the vehicle go faster. It's what the pro's do.


Edited by arthurwellsley, 22 June 2018 - 12:21 PM.


RaptorAbt #6 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Clan Commander
  • 41181 battles
  • 414
  • [BEXF] BEXF
  • Member since:
    04-04-2012

View PostSimeon85, on 22 June 2018 - 11:15 AM, said:

Fit the big gun, have some HEAT, pop out derp someeone for 750 rinse and repeat.

 

You need like 3 shots to have a decent game. 

 

It's a tank on tier 8 with a turret that has 750 alpha. 

 

Think he is referring to the Premium Tier VIII TD.

ThinGun #7 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 35837 battles
  • 1,470
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014
I would suggest that your view of the Skorp is very much in the minority.  I think most people tend to think of it as quite OP - or very close to OP.  

Just learn to play it to its strengths and avoid situations where its weaknesses are exposed.  

I'm a very ordinary player, and I've had some extraordinary games in that tank - I suspect it's my highest scoring vehicle.

MPV_11 #8 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 30525 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    01-09-2015

Not to mention that its dispersion / accuracy are rubbish and even if you manage to hit anything, it will probably bounce.....

 

But it's still my favourite tank and I play it all the time!  :)



xtrem3x #9 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 32889 battles
  • 1,532
  • [EFE-X] EFE-X
  • Member since:
    01-03-2013

View PostLlewelyn, on 22 June 2018 - 10:59 AM, said:

If I thought there was any point I'd demand a refund for this piece of junk.

On the face of it, looks a useful tool - turret, powerful gun etc.  But in practice (and due to the nature of the maps, and the fact that all worthwhile TD spots are now well known) it's a waste of space.  It has almost zero armour, yet unlike (say) a Hellcat it's not very fast, has poor acceleration, disgusting traverse speed for such a short vehicle (even turning the tank and turret together is slow) and the gun is slow as heck too, under 6 rounds a minute stock.  It's not even like it has great camo - under 30 stationary even with net. 

All of this wouldn't be too bad but then it's put in tier VIII so it's almost always in tier IX or X battles.

  
All told, I really regret spending my hard-earned on this thing.  Granted, the crew are only on their first skill - but it's gonna take some seriously amazing crew to make it half decent. 

 

The problem is with the player, not the tank.

 

I took it for a quick spin yesterday and did this:

http://wotreplays.eu/site/4412597

 

Seems fine tbh



Geno1isme #10 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:44 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 44028 battles
  • 8,489
  • [TRYIT] TRYIT
  • Member since:
    09-03-2013
It's still the most played tank on the server. Though the Progetto is catching up.

Ceeb #11 Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:51 PM

    Major General

  • Beta Tester
  • 30893 battles
  • 5,396
  • [BULL] BULL
  • Member since:
    01-14-2011

View PostTHE_JACK_OF_HEARTS, on 22 June 2018 - 11:13 AM, said:

Welsh whine ffs....

 

​Have you tried Welsh whine?.... tastes like pish

Strizi #12 Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:11 PM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 39074 battles
  • 664
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011

View PostLlewelyn, on 22 June 2018 - 11:59 AM, said:

If I thought there was any point I'd demand a refund for this piece of junk.

On the face of it, looks a useful tool - turret, powerful gun etc.  But in practice (and due to the nature of the maps, and the fact that all worthwhile TD spots are now well known) it's a waste of space.  It has almost zero armour, yet unlike (say) a Hellcat it's not very fast, has poor acceleration, disgusting traverse speed for such a short vehicle (even turning the tank and turret together is slow) and the gun is slow as heck too, under 6 rounds a minute stock.  It's not even like it has great camo - under 30 stationary even with net. 

All of this wouldn't be too bad but then it's put in tier VIII so it's almost always in tier IX or X battles.

  
All told, I really regret spending my hard-earned on this thing.  Granted, the crew are only on their first skill - but it's gonna take some seriously amazing crew to make it half decent. 

 

You are not good enough to make this amazing td work. Maybe inform yourself the next time you buy something.

Simeon85 #13 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:49 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 1097 battles
  • 3,608
  • Member since:
    04-19-2013

View PostRaptorAbt, on 22 June 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

 

Think he is referring to the Premium Tier VIII TD.

 

Ah my bad, I think my brain could not accept that anyone would complain about the best premium TD in the game and assumed he was talking about the Borsig. :D

 

Yeh just learn to play issues then. 



Catn1p #14 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:44 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 1350 battles
  • 28
  • Member since:
    10-17-2017

View PostThinGun, on 22 June 2018 - 12:19 PM, said:

I would suggest that your view of the Skorp is very much in the minority.  I think most people tend to think of it as quite OP - or very close to OP.  

Just learn to play it to its strengths and avoid situations where its weaknesses are exposed.  

I'm a very ordinary player, and I've had some extraordinary games in that tank - I suspect it's my highest scoring vehicle.

BS. Total BS. Check your own stats and see that you play Skorpion G like a handicap or *edit. Why do you claim that Skorpion G is OP when your own stats with it is way below average. I call BS.


Edited by Mlddim, 22 June 2018 - 06:25 PM.
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.


unrealname #15 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24034 battles
  • 1,153
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013
OP get yourself a defender, that will  suit your playstyle much better.

deivio82 #16 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:50 PM

    Corporal

  • Player
  • 49561 battles
  • 157
  • [LDTO] LDTO
  • Member since:
    05-20-2012
tanks is very bad . worst TD in tier 8

unrealname #17 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:54 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 24034 battles
  • 1,153
  • Member since:
    10-31-2013

View Postdeivio82, on 22 June 2018 - 06:50 PM, said:

tanks is very bad . worst TD in tier 8

 

i hope you are trolling, lel

FluffyRedFox #18 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:54 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 23894 battles
  • 8,707
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    12-05-2012

View Postdeivio82, on 22 June 2018 - 04:50 PM, said:

tanks is very bad . worst TD in tier 8

 

nope

SkipperCH #19 Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:58 PM

    Staff Sergeant

  • Player
  • 10567 battles
  • 451
  • [GTI-O] GTI-O
  • Member since:
    06-15-2012

View Postdeivio82, on 22 June 2018 - 05:50 PM, said:

tanks is very bad . worst TD in tier 8

 

not even close. 246pen @ 500dmg... this thing just punishs. 

Search_Warrant #20 Posted 22 June 2018 - 06:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 27644 battles
  • 6,435
  • [LEWD] LEWD
  • Member since:
    02-08-2011
Best tier 8 medium.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users