MoE 3 Marks

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

StinkyStonky #1 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:03 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 28441 battles
  • [-SJA-] -SJA-

I'm always looking for "things to do" in this game (other than the relentless grind to Tier 10) and I've recently been looking at 2 Marking some tanks.

For some tanks it's been frustratingly difficult and for others it's been curiously easy.

For one tank (VK 30.01 (P)), I even managed a 3 Mark (still not sure how, must have been a "low grind" 2 weeks).

Anyway, that got me to wondering if I could get any more.  Obviously when padding stats like this the key is to pick the easiest and then claim they're just as "valuable" as the hard to get ones.

From what I can tell the low tiers (5 & 6) are the easiest.  Many players sell these after less than 100 games and so never really get to compete with the few that keep them.

They also need to be tanks that are fun/easy to play but for some reason are not popular to keep.  So that would point towards tier 5 (who keeps Tier 5s ??)

I get the feeling that German tanks seem good choices.

What are your thoughts on the Easiest tanks to 3 mark ?

TungstenHitman #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:12 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 22259 battles

Probably tier 5 and 6 are the "easiest" to mark as a generalized answer but it if you achieve good things a lot with a particular style of tank or play style then this goes a long way also. Maybe your question should be what class and style of tanks are you looking to mark that you would actually enjoy to play? If you name your preferred class and style, it would be easier to pick out tanks from that class and playstyle that would be easier to mark than some other of that class and style.

For example, if you are *edited* using heavy tanks, what would be the point to mention a heavy tank that's easier to mark than some other heavy tanks? You won't like it, you won't play it correctly and you most likely won't 3 mark it, even if it's not the toughest to do. 

Edited by NickMustaine, 23 June 2018 - 08:19 AM.
Inappropriate remarks

Simeon85 #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:16 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles
Most tier 5 and 6s, just stick a good crew in there and optics and you'll be better than 90% of the people you face and have a huge advantage. 

Balc0ra #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:19 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66298 battles
  • [WALL] WALL
Tier 5 lights. T-50 and Chaffee are by far the easiest I've done with little effort. And the M7 and ELC are fairly easy too. Tho the Leo that I bought back recently is a bit more tricky on the last 5% that I'm currently on. The others were fairly easy on the last 10%. Heck, I did 84 to 99% on the Chaffee in one game that would be considered "meh" by most, as it was not even a 1st class game. 

arthurwellsley #5 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:23 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 51788 battles
  • [-B-C-] -B-C-

Tiers V and VI ie T34, KV1

I am told by someone with a great many 3 moe that the Churchill Gun Carrier at tier VI has very low requirements but is completely infuriating for the owner. I have never played it myself.

WhoCares01 #6 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:28 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11525 battles

Maybe derp tanks? Might consider the Jumbo (M4A3E2), good armor against equal tier, and derp that guarantees you damage also against +2. KV2 could fit that as well, but it is probably too popular.

fwhaatpiraat #7 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 47313 battles
  • [RGT] RGT
Churchill gc, you will like it.

Simeon85 #8 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:31 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Tanks with lower mark requirements will generally be popular (so badly played by the masses) but at the same time still good tanks so it's not an frustrating experience. 

As an example marking something like the T95E2 will be super hard because it's a rare reward tank but is also not very good.

So you want something popular, good, that has a higher skill cap, meaning most play it badly. 

tank276 #9 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:32 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 50083 battles
  • [KEKE] KEKE

Tiers play a role, sure .

Tier 5s and 6s must be easier.

Have 3 marked VK 30.01D only but I have a small collection of 2 marked tanks (S.Pershing, Fury, JPanth2, Ru251, WZ 131, Tiger 1, T54 ltw, IS, Indien Pz, T34-1, Rhm Borsig, KV 85, Cromwell and Panther 88). I also have several of 1 marked vehicles (edit 117 tanks)

3 marking is a job that requires consistency and I get bored playing the same vehicles.

But I guess the popularity of a tank plays a major role, guess it is easier to 3 mark a Leopard 1 or STB-1 than an Obj 140.

View PostSimeon85, on 22 June 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

Tanks with lower mark requirements will generally be popular (so badly played by the masses)

Thought it the other way around but maybe you are right on this one.

On the other hand, lets say, I try to 3 mark the AMX 30B, if very few players are active with it and I perform decently well in it for 2-3 weeks, wont I get the marks easier than a popular tank where I have more competition?

Dont really know.

Food for thought

Edited by NickMustaine, 23 June 2018 - 08:20 AM.

Simeon85 #10 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:41 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View Posttank276, on 22 June 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

On the other hand, lets say, I try to 3 mark the AMX 30B, if very few players are active with it and I perform decently well in it for 2-3 weeks, wont I get the marks easier than a popular tank where I have more competition?

Dont really know.

Food for thought

30b might even itself out as it's not great, but not that much played so it's probably around where you'd expect.

But I'd reckon it'll be higher requirements than something like a T-62A for example and might even be higher than an Obj. 140. 

You can get huge differences between some tanks, I looked at the Skoda T50 the other day as I haven't played that since I unlocked the TVP and I have nearly 4k combined on that tank and when I looked that wasn't enough for two marks, yet something like a Leopard PTA  is around 4.3k combined for 3 marks. 

Edited by Simeon85, 22 June 2018 - 02:42 PM.

Comrade_Renamon #11 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 9835 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 22 June 2018 - 01:31 PM, said:

Tanks with lower mark requirements will generally be popular (so badly played by the masses) but at the same time still good tanks so it's not an frustrating experience. 

As an example marking something like the T95E2 will be super hard because it's a rare reward tank but is also not very good.

So you want something popular, good, that has a higher skill cap, meaning most play it badly. 

Pretty much, it is why the T-34, Crusader (that is up to debate, I think it is an alright tank), T-34-85 are easier to mark. Cromwell I'd perhaps put on the list but that appears to have one of the highest requirements of the mediums at that tier for 3 marks.

Premiums also have higher requirements for this reason as well (Cromwell need 1396 vs the Cromwell B that needs 1603 for 3 mark)

Simeon85 #12 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant Сolonel

• Player
  • 1097 battles

View PostComrade_Renamon, on 22 June 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

Pretty much, it is why the T-34, Crusader (that is up to debate, I think it is an alright tank), T-34-85 are easier to mark. Cromwell I'd perhaps put on the list but that appears to have one of the highest requirements of the mediums at that tier for 3 marks.

Premiums also have higher requirements for this reason as well (Cromwell need 1396 vs the Cromwell B that needs 1603 for 3 mark)

Cromwell probably because it 'up-scales' the best when against higher tiers as it basically becomes like a light tank with it's very high mobility and it'll therefore be more consistent.

Premiums are because of the crews and lack of stock grinds, it's why you have to be careful calling prems OP, because they will on average perform better due to on average having better crews and no stock grind, but may not actually be better if the tech tree tanks had good crews and no stock grind. 

Oh and a greater ability to afford premium ammo use. 

Edited by Simeon85, 22 June 2018 - 02:58 PM.

UrQuan #13 Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:58 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 19477 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View Posttank276, on 22 June 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

Dont really know.

Food for thought

Depends on what kind of players play it. If it's popular among the very good players, then nope (keep in mind, very good players are a small group when compared to the server population). Can even be so bad, the tank is near-impossible to 3 mark by even unicums, because the skill involved is simply too high to become better then 95% of the players. If I remember well, Object 140 & Object 907 had this problem.

On the other hand, if you go after a low pop tank that's on a pathway of grinding & no popular with good players, you can easy 3 mark if if you stick around on it. A good example I can think of is KV-4, only a small group keep that tank to play & they aren't the best around.

@OP: generally easiest to 3 mark is a midtier tank that fits your playstyle. Or a tank that simply fits you somehow. Just keep in mind, 3 marking tanks is a difficult task, because you do have to play better then anyone else on that tank during that period. Or at least be in the top 5%.

By example, my first 3 marked tank was the Stug III, which oddly falls very far outside my usual playstyle (armored HT's, Stug III is not this:P), but it was just fun & comfortable to play for me as a change from armored HT's. It is a T5 tank tho, supporting folks suggestion that T5 tanks are easier to 3 mark.

Second I 3 marked is less of a surprise, the KV-4, while T8, it does fit my playstyle perfectly. Add on top it's a tank most folks play just to grind past to acquire the ST-I & to add some extra easyness on top, some folks don't even unlock the topgun on this grind, making them perform very badly (I have gotten into discussions with this.... Please, unlock that topgun, I don't care if you don't unlock anything else, but seriously, get the KV-4 topgun, it will make that grind so much more pleasant & doable)

And those are the 2 tanks I 3 marked, for the rest, 1 marking I can do, 2 marking is already alot harder for me & 3 marks are generally not in my reach, unless I really enjoy the tank.

Alice_Shimada_Chan #14 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 28295 battles
As allready stated, mostly tier 5-7 vehicles are quite easy to 3 mark. For me, the easiest one was P 43 tier 5 few days ago. Some could say that when little more skilled player plays tier 5,6 with elite crews its still seal clubbing when top tier, but I enjoy WW2 tanks - which are "unfortunately" on these tiers more than tier X cold war tanks. And then again, how often you are now top tier with 5,6. Not so much.

WhoCares01 #15 Posted 22 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 11525 battles

You could also take someone with a fairly "young" and mediocre account like mine (started with tank in August '17, creation is from WoWs), and check for marked tanks with low number of battles and low average damage. So for me that would be Ikv103 (tier V, 80 battles, 361 dmg), M4 Sherman (V, 89, 426), Chaffee (V, 96, 328). Note that the battle number just indicates when I unlocked the next tier, the mark will have have come a bit earlier.

I skipped a few tanks in that list, as I have a considerably higher damage in those. But then again, that's probably just the difference between tier 5 and 6; so Jp. 4 is my marked tank with the lowest number of of battles (VI, 76, 629); VK36.01(H) (VI,98 ,743). KV-2 (VI, 109, 778) I kept and played a fair share of battles "elited", so it doesn't fit the "grind only" category of tanks.

Other tanks I kept and played a lot, and am actually close to the second mark, e.g. the Panther, but the total stats of 404 battles and 707 dmg at ~80% to 2nd mark are misleading; and as I haven't played for almost a month, stats pages will not help in diging into "recent" stats...

Edit: Just checked your own account as well, and noticed that your tank with two marks and the lowest number of battles is the VK36.01(H) after 120 battles and ~900 avg. damage.

Edited by WhoCares01, 22 June 2018 - 03:30 PM.

Bordhaw #16 Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:14 PM

Major

• Player
  • 11553 battles

View PostStinkyStonky, on 22 June 2018 - 01:03 PM, said:

What are your thoughts on the Easiest tanks to 3 mark ?

Tanks that nobody plays. 

Long_Range_Sniper #17 Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:51 PM

General

• Player
  • 32652 battles
  • [-MM] -MM

View PostBordhaw, on 22 June 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

Tanks that nobody plays. 

It's the opposite if you've have an ounce of skill.

It's the tanks that everybody plays, as you've got a bigger pool of people to generate a lower threshold for that 95%.

Not very many people play the 72.01 K and daki's marathon to try and three mark that tank was a fine example in frustration.

The ideal tanks are tanks that many people play, but aren't popular with "good" players.

I three marked the Crusader in something like 90 games. Once I'd decided to three mark the T67 it took me probably 300+ games.

How_hard_can_it_be #18 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:14 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 40280 battles
I remember, back in the days when 110 was still a viable and potent tank, that I 3 marked it without even realizing it. Back then, I didn't even care about marking anything as I thought it was a "meh" goal to grind marks. Not sure I'm vile enough to suggest to anybody to 3 mark 110 in current meta.

tankqull #19 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20928 battles
  • [-FD-] -FD-
T5 scouting lights

Nov_A #20 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:35 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48763 battles

Compared to its tier the T-10 is a fairly easy tank to 3 Mark. A lot of players are playing it on an average level and among better players he is not played often, due to the WZ-111 1-4 beeing more potent. Still the T-10 is very effective and in addition some people have to play it for the freshly introduced Object 277 grind, lowering the marks even more. So if you are able to play with mobile heavies and adapt your playstyle, this should be no problem.

Another easy but sometimes still painful hightier gunmark grind is the Type 61 and Leopard PT A. Both of them are very passive in their playstyle with the Type generally underperforming in the current meta, but this weakness makes him unpopular amongst the experienced playerbase and people who suffer their way through both of them often dont perform well due to their adaptive support roles, non existent armor and proneness to module damage. Yet they still have massive potential in damage output, connecting shots and late game plays with spotting and finishing targets, making them rather easy to mark compared with other T9 mediums, even without the use of massive APCR/HEAT/Ration spam. Not really a recommendation if you arent used to tanks like this and their playstyle, otherwise you will just contribute to their easy marks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users