is upgrading the tiger 2 engine wasting xp?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

BaronVonGTR #1 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:00 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11767 battles
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB

heya guys.

i just bought a tiger 2, and i noticed that the upgraded engine is the stock engine on the e75.

In my account ATM the xp needed to unlock the e75 is 154000xp

and the upgraded engine on the tiger 2 is 18800xp

so if i dont upgrade the engine it will be unlocked automaticly once i unlock the e75, at a cost of 154k xp.

but if i do unlock it on the tiger for the 18,8k xp, what then happens to the xp i need to unlock the e75?

does that stay at 154k, or does that change to 154-18.8k= 135,200 xp?

i never payed attention to it before really, But does the xp needed for the next tank change if you unlock an upgrade on an earlier tank íf it is the stock module on a tank next in the tech tree.

if it does not change the xp needed to unlock the e75 you are basicly wasting 18,8xp if you unlock the engine on the tiger. to me it seems logical that the xp for the next tank would go down honestly, but with this being wargaming it would not surprise me if this wasn't the case lol.

Has anyone an answer to this?

and additionally, if you are basicly wasting the 18k xp is the upgraded engine then worth it? does it make enough of a difference to justifying upgrading the engine anyway? concidering you need to grind well over 100k xp either way, if the engine makes a huge difference maybe it could still be worth it to make the grind that much easier.

thnx

Edited by BaronVonGTR, 22 June 2018 - 08:04 PM.

IRSanchez #2 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:06 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 53553 battles
  • [CELL] CELL

If you upgrade the engine on Tiger II, you still have 154k XP grind towards E75.

I'd still get that engine, since it makes getting that 154k XP easier due to better agility/mobility.

BaronVonGTR #3 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:13 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11767 battles
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB

hmm that's a shame.

is this something that is simply an oversight by wargaming, or is this purposly designed like this?

somehow this does not sit right with me for some reason. maybe that is just me though.

anyway, the upgrade is still worth it for the big grind to the 150k? 18k xp isn't that much in the scope of things all things concidered, maybe 15 games more or so.

but for some reason i still feel cheated haha ;)

thanks for your answer btw.

MeNoobTank #4 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 12649 battles
  • [R3L4X] R3L4X

it is a waste of xp to research Tiger II in the first place.

If you manage to do well with the engine you already got then just research E75 and get rid of that thing.

Holdes #5 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20185 battles
I thought about skipping engine upgrade for some tanks because they were for a single tank only (VK 100.P, KV-4, etc) but changed my mind and researched them anyway. Especially if the upgrade is good, such as +20% more hp. If the upgrade is like -3% chance of fire, then I don't bother.

In case of the Tiger II it's only 7.5% more hp, so upgrade is not substantial, but I'd still go for it. Why play 154k with handicapped tanks?

Ok, some will say that Tiger II is handicapped no matter what, but you get the point :D.

Enforcer1975 #6 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:51 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 20973 battles
  • [D0NG] D0NG
Researching the top engine is always good or do you want to play that many games with a gimped tank? That bit of extra power might be a deciding factor turning a loss into a win. Reaching your destination faster is a plus even if it's only 1 sec ( that matters ).
Otherwise you could also leave GLD and vents out because RNG "negates" it anyway.  

Homer_J #7 Posted 22 June 2018 - 08:55 PM

Field Marshal

• Beta Tester
  • 29705 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostBaronVonGTR, on 22 June 2018 - 08:13 PM, said:

hmm that's a shame.

is this something that is simply an oversight by wargaming, or is this purposly designed like this?

somehow this does not sit right with me for some reason. maybe that is just me though.

It's like this on a lot of tanks.  You can play the tank crippled and save 18k exp or you can get the engine and hopefully earn exp faster with it.

BaronVonGTR #8 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:15 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11767 battles
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB

i`m mostly interested in the e75 with tier 9 being the least bad tier atm. And i reckon the E100 is due for a buff as well soon, so being a decent way up that grind also wouldn't hurt.

And even though i don't really enjoy heavy tanks that much anymore with all the prem ammo going around, i do enjoy playing my lowe. Not that i am any good in it most of the time, but i do find it a rewarding tank to play. when played right it is a very strong tank that can actually bounce stuff really well. it is just hard to get the angling right and use terain properly.

I don't get it right that often, but when i do it is very satisfying. i like that challenge and the fact that when i can make it work, i know that is all me and not the OP autobounce armour like most russian tanks have. playing that sort of tanks no longer does it for me really, like jap heavies and the likes. when i just started playing i did enjoyed that, but it gets old rather quickly.

also, like i said it isn't really the 18k xp, don't care that much about that, it's just a couple of extra games.

But the fact that WG let's you basicly waste that xp bugs me somehow lol. i know it probably is insignificant, but some things, however small, just rub me the wrong way for whatever reason. And that's one of these things..

View PostHomer_J, on 22 June 2018 - 08:55 PM, said:

It's like this on a lot of tanks.  You can play the tank crippled and save 18k exp or you can get the engine and hopefully earn exp faster with it.

yeah, been playing for 4 or 5 years now, and never really noticed it at all. but now i did for whatever reason and i wondered how it worked.

ahh well, just part of the game i guess.

Holdes #9 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20185 battles
Why is engine upgrade a waste of xp? If it was an engine only for the Tiger II would it be better?

Btw, you should have researched it on Tiger I.

BaronVonGTR #10 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:31 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11767 battles
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB

View PostHoldes, on 22 June 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

Why is engine upgrade a waste of xp? If it was an engine only for the Tiger II would it be better?

Btw, you should have researched it on Tiger I.

being the stock engine on the e75, it is partly where the xp goes when you upgrade to the next tank the way i see it.

like if you buy software that comes in 3 flavors, basic, regular and pro. and you buy the regular package and later realise you need the extra functionality of the pro version. you can just upgrade with paying the difference between regular and pro versions. you don't have to pay full price for the pro package.

if i allready payed the xp for the engine, why do i have to pay full price anyway when i upgrade. i allready payed for part of it when i upgraded to the "regular package" by upgrading the stock tiger.

like i said, it is just a small insignificant thing, so i`m not hung up on it that much and never even noticed it before. but it just doesn't seem right to me.

also i unlocked the tiger 2 from the panther. never played the tiger 1.

Edited by BaronVonGTR, 22 June 2018 - 09:36 PM.

Holdes #11 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 20185 battles

Ok there' s some point in that. But you still have a choice of not researching it. WG probably should have allowed research E75 only of you have unlocked the engine - as it this there in the stock version.
Then the 154 xp would be price for the rest of the E75 package.

It would be the same as now, only worse (no option to skip the engine on Tiger II). Would you be bothered less?

It is also better imho then the single-tank-only module upgrade. Here you can get the engine for "free" when unlocking the E75 whereas for KV-4 and VK 100.P you have to pay separately.

Edited by Holdes, 22 June 2018 - 09:48 PM.

BaronVonGTR #12 Posted 22 June 2018 - 09:55 PM

Private

• Player
  • 11767 battles
  • [1-DAB] 1-DAB

View PostHoldes, on 22 June 2018 - 09:43 PM, said:

Ok there' s some point in that. But you still have a choice of not researching it. WG probably should have allowed research E75 only of you have unlocked the engine - as it this there in the stock version.
Then the 154 xp would be price for the rest of the E75 package.

It would be the same as now, only worse (no option to skip the engine on Tiger II). Would you be bothered less?

It is also better imho then the single-tank-only module upgrade. Here you can get the engine for "free" when unlocking the E75 whereas for KV-4 and VK 100.P you have to pay separately.

yeah if it was a second engine on the e75 as an upgrade, and the stock tiger 2 engine was also the stock engine on the e75 it wouldn't bother me at all. i`d just research the upgrade on the tiger and then immediatly mount it on the e75 as well when i unlocked that.

in the end it would be the same as it is now, but then i wouldn't feel cheated by it i guess.

the way it is now is just weird and unlogical, that bugs me the most i think.

and yes, it is obviously better then if it was an upgrade just for that particular tank, those are usually the ones where the upgrade makes the biggest difference in tank performance while you can never use it again on future tanks. that's even worse indeed

Edited by BaronVonGTR, 22 June 2018 - 09:58 PM.

WindSplitter1 #13 Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:08 AM

Major

• Player
  • 16646 battles
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM

View PostHomer_J, on 22 June 2018 - 07:55 PM, said:

I unlocked the top engine on the Skoda after upgrading all other modules, minus the useless 10cm gun.

I am never again wasting hard-to-earn experience.

It was worth it and helped me get better with it (started with disastrous stats on it but managed to come over the top) but no way I'm making that mistake again..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users