Jump to content


Welcome to the Weekend!


  • Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

CircleOfSorrow #1 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:35 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29236 battles
  • 2,136
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

 

 

I'm out.



UrQuan #2 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:40 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19467 battles
  • 6,184
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

You still got courageous resistance, so there's that. 3K Exp is very good for a lost match really. Looking at the tank lineup, it was going to be a hard match for your team straight away, O-Ni looks like the most armored tank on the field (midtier) & I don't see much on your team that can handle it (the AMX TD & WZ TD, about it)

You did great despite the lineup & scored a great deal of damage & XP; That's great for a loss game. Especially as I don't see much in that lineup that can hurt the O-Ni reliably tbh (when not driven by skilled players). Which is especially funny as it is a T8 game.

Enemy T8 tanks kinda sucked too tbh.


Edited by UrQuan, 23 June 2018 - 09:45 AM.


Dr_ownape #3 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:42 AM

    Major General

  • Player
  • 43401 battles
  • 5,482
  • [IDEAL] IDEAL
  • Member since:
    03-27-2013
and?

CircleOfSorrow #4 Posted 23 June 2018 - 09:49 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29236 battles
  • 2,136
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View PostUrQuan, on 23 June 2018 - 08:40 AM, said:

You still got courageous resistance, so there's that. 3K Exp is very good for a lost match really. Looking at the tank lineup, it was going to be a hard match for your team straight away, O-Ni looks like the most armored tank on the field (midtier) & I don't see much on your team that can handle it (the AMX TD & WZ TD, about it)

You did great despite the lineup & scored a great deal of damage & XP; That's great for a loss game. Especially as I don't see much in that lineup that can hurt the O-Ni reliably tbh (when not driven by skilled players). Which is especially funny as it is a T8 game.

Enemy T8 tanks kinda sucked too tbh.

 

Yeah, but that is also my point.  This tank is a grind tank, and with a 192 pen gun I'm bashing my head against a wall to push it forward.  Watching the players beep boop into rocks and off ledges while I'm trying to effect a win is incredibly frustrating.  It is even worse further down the tree, with my Churchill VII grind being an exercise in self torture.

 

I admire your positivity though!!!



UrQuan #5 Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:00 AM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 19467 battles
  • 6,184
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-19-2011

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 23 June 2018 - 09:49 AM, said:

 

Yeah, but that is also my point.  This tank is a grind tank, and with a 192 pen gun I'm bashing my head against a wall to push it forward.  Watching the players beep boop into rocks and off ledges while I'm trying to effect a win is incredibly frustrating.  It is even worse further down the tree, with my Churchill VII grind being an exercise in self torture.

 

I admire your positivity though!!!

 

I need it to remain sane while playing my KV-4 in match row 13 against T9 & TX tanks. Thank Jay_Newb for that, he instilled it in me. I used to complain alot more about bad teams, now I focus more on how I do, rather then the team, because you can't change the teams, but you can change yourself. I still complain when the teams is balls to the walls bad tho:hiding:

 

But yes, don't worry I know where you come from & when it does get to you, it's better to call it quits & enjoy another game, rather then to keep on playing frustrated. At least you had a good game by results. 

And my advice when playing the Churchill VII grind: toon up, really. Visit the Forumites channel (PW: play4fun ) It will really help, because the Churchill VII & the Black prince after can use all the help they can get.

I personally enjoyed them (when midtier & toptier, so that was 2/3rd of my games), but I played them before 3-5-7, I also know those tanks are real bad bottomtier, with no redeeming qualities, so I cant' see folks enjoying it in today's MM template.



Jigabachi #6 Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:04 AM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 17923 battles
  • 19,027
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

Where exactly is the problem? You managed to do well while sitting behind everyone else and got more EXP than half the winning team.

Come again when you drive a real support tank that has absolutely no chance to shine when the team sucks and ends those matches at the bottom of the list.



Wintermute_1 #7 Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44222 battles
  • 1,572
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

Never understood this 'OMG! It's the weekend' thing. In my 5 years experience, the game doesnt change radically at the weekends. 

 

If the argument is that theres a big influx of poor players, thats good for the competent player not bad. You should be doing more damage, getting more kills and carrying more games at the weekend.

 

Or is this about a tin foil hat theory that all these bad players end up on your own team?



Mosjmosh #8 Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:29 AM

    Sergeant

  • Player
  • 38432 battles
  • 274
  • Member since:
    11-23-2013

There is no such thing as "weekend teams". It's the same quality (or lack thereof) teams every day of the week. Regardless of what tier you play. Also, players on both teams are drawn from the same pool. It's not like you are targeted to get paired with "weekend-bobs" while the other teams are the pro weekly players.

 

I just rage on and accept that most players are in fact not good terrible players. 

 



Bulldog_Drummond #9 Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:30 AM

    General

  • Player
  • 29408 battles
  • 9,786
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    08-10-2014

View PostWintermute_1, on 23 June 2018 - 09:20 AM, said:

Never understood this 'OMG! It's the weekend' thing. In my 5 years experience, the game doesnt change radically at the weekends. 

 

If the argument is that theres a big influx of poor players, thats good for the competent player not bad. You should be doing more damage, getting more kills and carrying more games at the weekend.

 

Or is this about a tin foil hat theory that all these bad players end up on your own team?

 

It's not something that bothers me, but I guess the frustration comes from getting those higher kill and damage scores and still losing.  Personally, I think it all comes out in the wash.

Dava_117 #10 Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:54 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19460 battles
  • 3,298
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

I should watch the replay to be sure, but you may have been part of the loss too. I saw you mostly shot lower tier:

5 tier 6, 3 tier 7 and just 1 tier 8.

Did you went to town, trying to take out the enemy HTs? That should have been you primary target. You got armour and a gun (all of them) that could easily deal with both O-Ni and TigerP.

Your team didn't that bad. 15/9 is quite a standard result, mainly because enemy HT got some free farming on tanks that couldn't pen them. 

Tl:dr

It's a quite standard defeat, can't see nothing such impressive or weekend related. A replay would be helpful to have some more detailed feedback. :)



Wintermute_1 #11 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44222 battles
  • 1,572
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View PostBulldog_Drummond, on 23 June 2018 - 10:30 AM, said:

I guess the frustration comes from getting those higher kill and damage scores and still losing. 

 

I get those games during the week, can't say they noticeably increase at the weekends.



CircleOfSorrow #12 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:29 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 29236 battles
  • 2,136
  • Member since:
    12-26-2012

View PostDava_117, on 23 June 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

I should watch the replay to be sure, but you may have been part of the loss too. I saw you mostly shot lower tier:

5 tier 6, 3 tier 7 and just 1 tier 8.

Did you went to town, trying to take out the enemy HTs? That should have been you primary target. You got armour and a gun (all of them) that could easily deal with both O-Ni and TigerP.

Your team didn't that bad. 15/9 is quite a standard result, mainly because enemy HT got some free farming on tanks that couldn't pen them. 

Tl:dr

It's a quite standard defeat, can't see nothing such impressive or weekend related. A replay would be helpful to have some more detailed feedback. :)

 

Nah, I went valley.  I know, I know...but stock engine and gun makes this vehicle a little painful to play.  I should of expected a negative reaction to the post, but I was venting after a frustrating session this morning with this match being the final straw for me.  I'm going to rake over the steam sale items again.



Dava_117 #13 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:36 AM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 19460 battles
  • 3,298
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    12-17-2014

View PostCircleOfSorrow, on 23 June 2018 - 11:29 AM, said:

 

Nah, I went valley.  I know, I know...but stock engine and gun makes this vehicle a little painful to play.  I should of expected a negative reaction to the post, but I was venting after a frustrating session this morning with this match being the final straw for me.  I'm going to rake over the steam sale items again.

 

Yep, sometime you just need to vent. :)

I understand it.

Just pay attention: the old Gabe can drain your credit card faster than SerB! ;)



Blubba #14 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:37 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 53561 battles
  • 1,947
  • [_GNR_] _GNR_
  • Member since:
    05-30-2011

7 in and 7 losses. Normally I only have house work to do on a saturday as an alternative but not today!

Football is on the TV. That and beer. I mustn't forget the beer.

Good luck in game and hope you all enjoy your Saturday!



XxKuzkina_MatxX #15 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:51 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 49628 battles
  • 1,761
  • [OXIDE] OXIDE
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostDava_117, on 23 June 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

I should watch the replay to be sure, but you may have been part of the loss too. I saw you mostly shot lower tier:

5 tier 6, 3 tier 7 and just 1 tier 8.

Did you went to town, trying to take out the enemy HTs? That should have been you primary target. You got armour and a gun (all of them) that could easily deal with both O-Ni and TigerP.

Your team didn't that bad. 15/9 is quite a standard result, mainly because enemy HT got some free farming on tanks that couldn't pen them. 

Tl:dr

It's a quite standard defeat, can't see nothing such impressive or weekend related. A replay would be helpful to have some more detailed feedback. :)

 

  • What armor? It's the standard tier 8 Chinese TD not the premium. Also the tank got only 1000 hp so not ideal for brawling.

 

 

  • His team played badly. The difference between him and the second in damage is 2k which is huge considering the hp pool. The other tier 8 mediums, one did 1.7k and the Pantera did one magazine with 719 damage. Not really a stellar performance in this MM.


mpf1959 #16 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:54 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 15699 battles
  • 780
  • [WJDE] WJDE
  • Member since:
    10-29-2017

View PostWintermute_1, on 23 June 2018 - 10:20 AM, said:

Never understood this 'OMG! It's the weekend' thing. In my 5 years experience, the game doesnt change radically at the weekends. 

 

If the argument is that theres a big influx of poor players, thats good for the competent player not bad. You should be doing more damage, getting more kills and carrying more games at the weekend.

 

Or is this about a tin foil hat theory that all these bad players end up on your own team?

 

I'm glad someone with much more time in the game than I says this. Though I have only played for a short while I play every single day, across most of the tiers, and I cannot for the life of me detect a major shift in ineptitude, illogicality, or any other trait that would serve to hinder a team. In other words, whatever the time of day, or day of the week, it's allways the f@cking same! :teethhappy: But I like it anyway.

MeetriX #17 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:56 AM

    Major

  • Player
  • 20508 battles
  • 2,740
  • Member since:
    08-12-2012

"Welcome to the Weekend!"

Thank you! Can I go now?



wobblybob #18 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:58 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Player
  • 66249 battles
  • 692
  • [TNAC] TNAC
  • Member since:
    07-23-2011

Image result for i dont care do you?

 

Ah, so it was this post she was referring to.


 

If its any consolation OP, everyone has exactly this, the game is designed that way.



Long_Range_Sniper #19 Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:00 PM

    General

  • Player
  • 32603 battles
  • 8,848
  • [-MM] -MM
  • Member since:
    04-04-2011

Have a go at the lights missions?

 

If it's like you say and there's lambs out there to be slaughtered then at least in a light tank you can be versatile.

 

My morning so far just playing lights, and as you can see from my spots I did a fair bit of farming in games where I was bottom tier in an MT 25 and a Type 64.

 

lights.jpg

 

Now off to enjoy the sun though.



Wintermute_1 #20 Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:08 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44222 battles
  • 1,572
  • Member since:
    11-25-2013

View Postmpf1959, on 23 June 2018 - 11:54 AM, said:

 

I'm glad someone with much more time in the game than I says this. Though I have only played for a short while I play every single day, across most of the tiers, and I cannot for the life of me detect a major shift in ineptitude, illogicality, or any other trait that would serve to hinder a team. In other words, whatever the time of day, or day of the week, it's allways the f@cking same! :teethhappy: But I like it anyway.

 

If I've learnt anything its that there are players who accept their winrate and players for whom it's not 10% higher because of; incompetent team mates, RNG, Gold rounds, arty, server lag, weekends, Polish players, rigging, hacking... and quite probably the current phase of the moon.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users