My Top 5 Pet Peeves about WoT

top 5 debate

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Agree with my List? (13 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 250 battles in order to participate this poll.

Agree with Point 5

1. Yes (2 votes [15.38%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

2. No (11 votes [84.62%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 84.62%

Agree with Point 4

1. Yes (9 votes [69.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. No (4 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

Agree with Point 3

1. Yes (4 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. No (9 votes [69.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

Agree with Point 2

1. Yes (8 votes [61.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

2. No (5 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

Agree with Point 1

1. Yes (5 votes [38.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 38.46%

2. No (8 votes [61.54%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 61.54%

Vote Hide poll

SGT_Sprocket22 #1 Posted 23 June 2018 - 11:07 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26227 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

5. People who Play their Tanks Wrong. 

For example, people who go into a battle in a light/medium tank and then play as if they are in a TD, spending the majority of the game in a bush somewhere. Or people in heavy tanks who think they are mediums who go off on a wild goose chase. However, this point can also be reversed into "People who play their tanks as they were designed to fight IRL" (which I don't hate btw), in other words, I hate it when people A get mad at people B because people B play tanks true to their real life purpose. For example, I once got moaned at by a Cheese Wedge for playing the FV215b in a support role.

4. Teams that Neglect the Map.

This is when pretty much the entire team completely ignores half the map and focuses on just one flank, which is best described as the Lemming Train manoeuvre. Meanwhile, me and maybe a TD and arty is left to defend a huge amount of ground and usually end up fighting half the enemy team on our own. We then die and the enemy caps our base and we lose the battle.

3. Unicums/Stat Padders.

These people are the primary source behind the toxicity of this game, in my opinion. These are the players that take the game far too seriously and are generally rude and aggressive towards other players. These are the kind of players that would flat out refuse to help a fellow teammate (or indeed their entire team) if it meant losing even a single health point yet would blame that teammate (or team) for playing badly (the irony) if the game was lost. Also, they tend to farm damage off of their team and steal kills.

2. The Maps.

My main problem with the maps is that they are a bit small. Now, once upon a time it was said that the reason for the current size of maps was because of the sheer amount of stone age computers out that wouldn't be able to run anything bigger. Since then however, we have seen larger maps like Frontline and that big tier 10 map (which I cant remember the name of). Why not have larger maps in rotation for random battles.

1. Russian Bias.

A controversial subject. This I shall leave blank as I have previously talked about it elsewhere on the forums. However, I am open to debate on here.    

basin79 #2 Posted 23 June 2018 - 12:38 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles
Saw the word pet and clicked.

Not the thread I was hoping for............

Haven't played in a while but mine are.

1) Arty. The stun mechanic is the worst yet.
2) 3/5/7 match maker.
3) Maps. Unbalanced/corridors.
4) Heavy tanks in base.
5) Russian biased.

Edited by basin79, 23 June 2018 - 12:38 PM.

General_McMuschi #3 Posted 23 June 2018 - 01:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21859 battles

5. So you're annoyed by people who play their tanks the way they should be played AND by people who play their type of tank as a different type of vehicle? I'm a bit confused here. How'd one have to play for you to not be annoyed by him?

I am not sure about my opinion on this so I voted no. The reason I'm not sure is - I don't know which of these two types am I. I am a heavy who is going to go brawl and dogfight with mediums if I consider my tank/map/matchmaking is better for that. I am a TD who will scout if it's safe and needed. I'm a medium who will snipe if a sniper is needed and my gun can do it. I am generally a player who prefers flexible tanks (medium heavies like T10, medium TDs like Charioteer, medium lights like t54 lightweight etc) with which I can play many roles, depending on the situation. I just play to win. Which of the two types do I fit in then?

4. A team that dies too quickly without doing much, making all the wrong moves, bothers me more than a lemmingtrain. If a lemmingtrain pushes hard and fast - it can be effective and bring win. And, in lemmingtrain situation it's usually better to join the lemmingtrain, and then go back to defend, unless I think I'm strong enough to try to hold the other flank with only a tank or two as my support. But, sure, I do hate it when lemmingtrain doesn't push and camps instead, or pushes and dies miserably very quickly, and I also hate it when lemmingtrain wins one flank and then proceeds to enemy cap instead of going back to defend. Because of this, I voted yes for this.

3. Voted yes, even tho there are exceptions. Not all unicums are selfish, and sometimes weaker players see some of unicum player's moves as being selfish but it's just being safe, patient and smart. Sometimes unicums are just more aware of the situation than an average player, and average player doesn't understands it so he thinks unicum's being selfish.

Generally, I often see a unicum who will rather let the battle get to the point when he has to carry alone against several tanks, then to sacrifice some hitpoints while his team is still alive so it never comes to the point where he has to carry. That's not being a good team player, I don't play that way and am against such play. Then again, I am not that good at carrying alone against several tanks.

There are unicum exceptions like Lemmingrush who is a great team player. I watched many of his videos and he plays to win, to have fun, and still plays smart and gets high results/unicum stats. Not all of them are the same.

2. Voted no because I don't think it's that simple. If a map is huge, and you're in a slow TD or heavy, it's harder to get back to base to defend it. Also, if maps were bigger, I think game should probably be longer which is an idea I don't like. 10-15 minutes is enough.

The current sizes of maps are ok for most tiers (with the exception of Mines). High tier battles (8-10) could be a tiny bit bigger, simply because I feel like everyone has such good view range at these tiers. Basically, it would be perfect for me if Mines would be low tier only (like Mittengard, Widepark), and if some maps were a bit bigger but not as big as those maps in 30 vs 30 battles. 

1. What Russian bias means to me is 1. "the bigger the number of accuracy and aiming time, the more accurate the gun is"; 2. "Russian tanks are made of Stalinium so miracle bounces happen more often"; 3. "Stalin will guide your shell even when you snap shot without aiming/when you snipe"; 4. "Russian tanks are generally better than other lines, easier to play and more forgiving". This said, I do play mostly Russian tanks and agree with all of this. Is it fair and good for the game? Not really. I also play many British tanks and they are generally weaker simply because it seems development team doesn't like British vehicles. It's not really fair so - voted yes for this one.

Edited by General_McMuschi, 23 June 2018 - 08:05 PM.

SGT_Sprocket22 #4 Posted 23 June 2018 - 02:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26227 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostGeneral_McMuschi, on 23 June 2018 - 12:43 PM, said:

5. So you're annoyed by people who play their tanks the way they should be played AND by people who play their type of tank as a different type of vehicle? I'm a bit confused here. How'd one have to play for you to not be annoyed by him?

I am not sure about my opinion on this so I voted no. The reason I'm not sure is - I don't know which of these two types am I. I am a heavy who is going to go brawl and dogfight with mediums if I consider my tank/map/matchmaking is better for that. I am a TD who will scout if it's safe and needed. I'm a medium who will snipe if a sniper is needed and my gun can do it. I am generally a player who prefers flexible tanks (medium heavies like T10, medium TDs like Charioteer, medium lights like t54 lightweight etc) with which I can play many roles, depending on the situation. I just play to win. Which of the two types do I fit in then?

4. A team that dies too quickly without doing much, making all the wrong moves, bothers me more than a lemmingtrain. If a lemmingtrain pushes hard and fast - it can be effective and bring win. And, in lemmingtrain situation it's usually better to join the lemmingtrain, and then go back to defend, unless I think I'm strong enough to try to hold the other flank with only a tank or two as my support. But, sure, I do hate it when lemmingtrain doesn't push and camps instead, or pushes and dies miserably very quickly, and I also hate it when lemmingtrain wins one flank and then proceeds to enemy cap instead of going back to defend. Because of this, I voted yes for this.

3. Voted yes, even tho there are exceptions. Not all unicums are selfish, and sometimes weaker players see some of unicum player's moves as being selfish but it's just being safe, patient and smart. Sometimes unicums are just more aware of the situation than an average player, and average player doesn't understands it so he thinks unicum's being selfish.

Generally, I often see a unicum who will rather let the battle get to the point when he has to carry alone against several tanks, then to sacrifice some hitpoints while his team is still alive so it never comes to the point where he has to carry. That's not being a good team player, I don't play that way and am against such play. Then again, I am not that good at carrying alone against several tanks.

There are unicum exceptions like Lemmingrush who is a great team player. I watched many of his videos and he plays to win, to have fun, and still plays smart and gets high results/unicum stats. Not all of them are the same.

2. Voted no because I don't think it's that simple. If a map is huge, and you're in a slow TD or heavy, it's harder to get back to base to defend it. Also, if maps were bigger, I think game should probably be longer which is an idea I don't like. 10-15 minutes is enough.

The current sizes of maps are ok for most tiers (with the exception of Mines). High tier battles (8-10) could be a tiny bit bigger, simply because I feel like everyone has such good view range at these tiers. Basically, it would be perfect for me if Mines would be low tier only (like Mittengard, Widepark), and if some maps were a bit bigger but not as big as those maps in 30 vs 30 battles. 

1. What Russian bias means to me is 1. "the bigger the number of accuracy and aiming time, the more accurate the gun is"; "Russian tanks are made of Stalinium so miracle bounces happen more often"; 3. "Stalin will guide your shell even when you snap shot without aiming/when you snipe"; 4. "Russian tanks are generally better than other lines, easier to play and more forgiving". This said, I do play mostly Russian tanks and agree with all of this. Is it far and good for the game? Not really. I also play many British tanks and they are generally weaker simply because it seems development team doesn't like British vehicles. It's not really fair so - voted yes for this one.

I blame my dyslexia for not being able to word it better. 

1. I meant the original point but placed an alternative which is similar but all together not a bad thing. What I meant to say was, for example, someone who plays a light tank but instead of scouting, he sits back and snipes. 

2. With lemming train, I should have put...you are left to defend the cap because you know there will be enemies coming and you call for help but no one listens. The lemming train stops and fights like 2 or 3 tanks while you are left to fight 6 or more. 

4. I kind of meant for tier 6+ but I don't mean miles and miles big. Just a bit bigger will do.  

Jigabachi #5 Posted 23 June 2018 - 08:58 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

Too much generalisation.

5. NO

It depends on many things, but sometimes you have to "change roles". A heavy tank sitting around in the base, yes, that might be something that's never a good idea. But condemning that behaviour in general is wrong.

4. NO

Teams not watching the map is bad indeed, but when you started talking about empty flanks you did the same mistake as above - because it's not always bad to ignore a flank or certain parts of the map. It's quite the contrary, ignoring one flank, mopping up the other flank with superior numbers and then coming back to wipe out the remaining enemies is quite an effective tactic on some maps. Rarely happens or works in random matches - one reason being the "WE NEED 100 TANKS ON ALL FLANKS!!!" thinking of some people - but still possible. 

3. NO

Well. Unicums (and quite some of those below) don't have that reputation without reason. I would never ever expect any real teamwork from a unicum in my team, because the majority of them are indeed nothing but padders. But that doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions to the rule. While the most memorable heroes and teamplayers I met over the years were "merely" good or even "just" above average players, I had many great matches with unicums and alike and some of them even sent me a PM after the match or invited me to a platoon. You have to understand that WoT is quite the paradise for padders, so there are unicums and there are "unicums".

Anyway, I still appreciate every unicum in my team, because it's much better to have a unicum than having a botlevel player, even though both kind of players don't give a flying fork about anyone around them.

4. YES

Maps are too small and way too overstuffed with all kinds of deadzones, bottle necks, corridors, mountains an whatnot. Mapdesign would be my personal number 2...

5. YES... kinda

The little Russian bias we have is just the tip of the iceberg. The whole gamebalance is going down the drain since years.

xx984 #6 Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:06 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53701 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostSGT_Sprocket22, on 23 June 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

3. Unicums/Stat Padders.

Had a opportunity to post this twice in past 4 days :D

xx984 #7 Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:25 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 53701 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostJigabachi, on 23 June 2018 - 07:58 PM, said:

Too much generalisation.

5. NO

It depends on many things, but sometimes you have to "change roles". A heavy tank sitting around in the base, yes, that might be something that's never a good idea. But condemning that behaviour in general is wrong.

4. NO

Teams not watching the map is bad indeed, but when you started talking about empty flanks you did the same mistake as above - because it's not always bad to ignore a flank or certain parts of the map. It's quite the contrary, ignoring one flank, mopping up the other flank with superior numbers and then coming back to wipe out the remaining enemies is quite an effective tactic on some maps. Rarely happens or works in random matches - one reason being the "WE NEED 100 TANKS ON ALL FLANKS!!!" thinking of some people - but still possible. 

3. NO

Well. Unicums (and quite some of those below) don't have that reputation without reason. I would never ever expect any real teamwork from a unicum in my team, because the majority of them are indeed nothing but padders. But that doesn't mean that there aren't exceptions to the rule. While the most memorable heroes and teamplayers I met over the years were "merely" good or even "just" above average players, I had many great matches with unicums and alike and some of them even sent me a PM after the match or invited me to a platoon. You have to understand that WoT is quite the paradise for padders, so there are unicums and there are "unicums".

Anyway, I still appreciate every unicum in my team, because it's much better to have a unicum than having a botlevel player, even though both kind of players don't give a flying fork about anyone around them.

4. YES

Maps are too small and way too overstuffed with all kinds of deadzones, bottle necks, corridors, mountains an whatnot. Mapdesign would be my personal number 2...

5. YES... kinda

The little Russian bias we have is just the tip of the iceberg. The whole gamebalance is going down the drain since years.

To be honest, I disagree. A lot of the times i make plays, such as sitting back abit and firing over distance with certain tanks, and people just assume its me wanting to pad WN8 up or some crap, Where in reality they dont realise that any other play would just get me spotted, probably killed, and then i wont be able to do anything to help the team full stop. thats just one example. Not saying this is the case for every one, There are alot that just want to farm WN8 24/7. But the majority i know, speak to, play with and myself included dont go out of our way to just pad all the time.

Sure i'd like to have a good WN8 game, but i want to do that by playing properly and doing what i feel like our the right plays and the right things to do. 

imperiumgraecum #8 Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:30 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60691 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Oh yeah, it's such a shame unicums dont throw their hp mindlessly like their teammates do.

What cracked me though, was how unicums generate most(if not all....) of that toxicity in the game....Because it's only logical, that it's the 0.1% of the game that does that, and not the other 99.9%

Edited by imperiumgraecum, 24 June 2018 - 01:32 PM.

SGT_Sprocket22 #9 Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:05 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26227 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 24 June 2018 - 12:30 PM, said:

Oh yeah, it's such a shame unicums dont throw their hp mindlessly like their teammates do.

What cracked me though, was how unicums generate most(if not all....) of that toxicity in the game....Because it's only logical, that it's the 0.1% of the game that does that, and not the other 99.9%

​I claimed it as an opinion, not a fact. Thought that was pretty obvious actually.  

Also, its ironic you make me out as some kind of idiot for sharing my own opinion about this game, which is exactly the kind of toxicity I was talking about in the first place. And look, you have banners that show off how good you are with WN8, stats and all the rest. You must be a Unicum. 

Edited by SGT_Sprocket22, 24 June 2018 - 03:15 PM.

Finer_Details #10 Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:14 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 34870 battles
  • [S3AL] S3AL
Honestly it feels like the most toxic people are the overconfident sub 50% players who generally think they are the best tankers out there.

basin79 #11 Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:43 PM

General

• Player
  • 15351 battles

View PostKnitople, on 24 June 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Honestly it feels like the most toxic people are the overconfident sub 50% players who generally think they are the best tankers out there.

I agree with that because I am one of those. I immediately blame those around me but 99.9% of the time I died because I was out of position or made a stupid decision. I've absolutely no idea why WoT makes me rage like it does. 

imperiumgraecum #12 Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60691 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostSGT_Sprocket22, on 24 June 2018 - 04:05 PM, said:

you make me out as some kind of idiot for sharing my own opinion about this game, which is exactly the kind of toxicity I was talking about in the first place.

Taking some facts into account(that is, the % of unicums and non-unicums in the player base), your opinion regarding toxicity seems pretty damn idiotic.

If you can't stand logical criticism and, instead, resort to SJW reasoning and mentality, you might want to abstain from forum activities.

SGT_Sprocket22 #13 Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:18 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26227 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 24 June 2018 - 04:09 PM, said:

Taking some facts into account(that is, the % of unicums and non-unicums in the player base), your opinion regarding toxicity seems pretty damn idiotic.

If you can't stand logical criticism and, instead, resort to SJW reasoning and mentality, you might want to abstain from forum activities.

So in other words, I am not welcome here because I have an opinion that you don't agree with. (Isn't that what SJW's say?)

imperiumgraecum #14 Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:34 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 60691 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

View PostSGT_Sprocket22, on 24 June 2018 - 06:18 PM, said:

I am not welcome here because I have an opinion that you don't agree with. (Isn't that what SJW's say?)

The forum doesn't belong to me, so I can't really prevent you from using it. What I suggested was exactly that: a suggestion.

Bordhaw #15 Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:28 PM

Captain

• Player
  • 11280 battles

View PostSGT_Sprocket22, on 23 June 2018 - 10:07 AM, said:

5. People who Play their Tanks Wrong. 

For example, people who go into a battle in a light/medium tank and then play as if they are in a TD, spending the majority of the game in a bush somewhere. Or people in heavy tanks who think they are mediums who go off on a wild goose chase. However, this point can also be reversed into "People who play their tanks as they were designed to fight IRL" (which I don't hate btw), in other words, I hate it when people A get mad at people B because people B play tanks true to their real life purpose. For example, I once got moaned at by a Cheese Wedge for playing the FV215b in a support role.

4. Teams that Neglect the Map.

This is when pretty much the entire team completely ignores half the map and focuses on just one flank, which is best described as the Lemming Train manoeuvre. Meanwhile, me and maybe a TD and arty is left to defend a huge amount of ground and usually end up fighting half the enemy team on our own. We then die and the enemy caps our base and we lose the battle.

3. Unicums/Stat Padders.

These people are the primary source behind the toxicity of this game, in my opinion. These are the players that take the game far too seriously and are generally rude and aggressive towards other players. These are the kind of players that would flat out refuse to help a fellow teammate (or indeed their entire team) if it meant losing even a single health point yet would blame that teammate (or team) for playing badly (the irony) if the game was lost. Also, they tend to farm damage off of their team and steal kills.

2. The Maps.

My main problem with the maps is that they are a bit small. Now, once upon a time it was said that the reason for the current size of maps was because of the sheer amount of stone age computers out that wouldn't be able to run anything bigger. Since then however, we have seen larger maps like Frontline and that big tier 10 map (which I cant remember the name of). Why not have larger maps in rotation for random battles.

1. Russian Bias.

A controversial subject. This I shall leave blank as I have previously talked about it elsewhere on the forums. However, I am open to debate on here.    

You don't like the game much but you still playing ?

SGT_Sprocket22 #16 Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26227 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View Postimperiumgraecum, on 24 June 2018 - 04:34 PM, said:

The forum doesn't belong to me, so I can't really prevent you from using it. What I suggested was exactly that: a suggestion.

Definition says otherwise... 

" the term suggestion is referred to as heavily implying or steering a person to believe something or do something. For example: Someone saying “I suggest you should leave the premises.” According to this example, the person is telling the other person to leave or heavily implying that the person should leave". 

SGT_Sprocket22 #17 Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:45 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26227 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostBordhaw, on 24 June 2018 - 09:28 PM, said:

You don't like the game much but you still playing ?

Didn't say I don't like the game, just that I dislike certain aspects of it.

SiliconSidewinder #18 Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:26 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 27411 battles

let's see

5: the problem here is that you assume that you know how the tank should be played.

which as such is a boled statment for anyone. There are some tanks I am really awesome in and I know others that are awesome in those too and we can't agree on how to use them. :facepalm:

4: again there is the problem that you might just be wrong.

I remember raging about the one or the other team doing this or that wrong and they won.

And even if that wasn't true, I think WoT would be boring if there weren't the teams that would go complet random on you and challenge your ability to adapt.

3: I think every player has the right to fail, some do so more than others, yet anyone and everyone may play this game and that's fine.

2: well I am allways open for more interesting maps so why not.

1: difficult topic, I do believe that in the end for every tier the game designers have to have .. let's call it a alpha. The one tank that is simply the best for it's tier.

and if a Bellarussian company choses to have soviet tanks as the best on tier X, I can't find any fault in that.

There maybe other ways to do this, but it's not a wrong decision.

Jigabachi #19 Posted 29 June 2018 - 07:52 AM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 17923 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U

View PostSGT_Sprocket22, on 24 June 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

​I claimed it as an opinion, not a fact. Thought that was pretty obvious actually.  

So? And that means that people can't disagree or point out that you are wrong?

That part is indeed complete nonsense, forgot to comment on that before.

Block Quote

Also, its ironic you make me out as some kind of idiot for sharing my own opinion about this game, which is exactly the kind of toxicity I was talking about in the first place. And look, you have banners that show off how good you are with WN8, stats and all the rest. You must be a Unicum. 

Sooo... disagreeing with you is toxic already? 

That post didn't have anything mean in it, he merely told you why you are wrong.

But please go on and explain your view on it.

Edited by Jigabachi, 29 June 2018 - 07:56 AM.

SGT_Sprocket22 #20 Posted 29 June 2018 - 05:52 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 26227 battles
  • [BULL] BULL

View PostJigabachi, on 29 June 2018 - 06:52 AM, said:

So? And that means that people can't disagree or point out that you are wrong?

That part is indeed complete nonsense, forgot to comment on that before.

Sooo... disagreeing with you is toxic already? 

That post didn't have anything mean in it, he merely told you why you are wrong.

But please go on and explain your view on it.

​I didn't say he couldn't disagree. He has every right to disagree. I just didn't like the way he said it. He could have just wrote a reasonable response and that would have been fine. No problem. Instead he chose to write something arrogant and autocratic which is what wound me up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users