• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

samuelx43a #1 Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:07 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21418 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Hello to you all!

As a little backstory, I have been advancing the T-55A missions slowly, as I am doing them all with honours, however, I am now getting to the final missions.(still at TD-8-3)

the requirements of the last mission of the 3rd campaign for TDs says:

-Cause 6000 damage.

-5 kills and victory.

As I said before, I am still at the 8th mission of the campaign, however, when I reach this, it will cost me, as I feel that I still need a little bit more improvement to achieve those numbers more "reguraly" .

For this mission in specific I am going to need good TDs, and I happen to have two tier IXs, those are the T30 and my obj 704.

skillset of the T30

Spoiler

Advantages of my T30:

-ironically, better accuracy, but this tank is not really a sniper per say.

-Very respectable turret, though with weakspots, and a massive gun to boot with it.

-The gun, I feel that it is a distant cousin of the BL-10, because I've hit shots that I shouldn't(I have hit a shot on the move with this) and shots that should've hit, but didn't do there anyway. The pen is fantastic, but it still annoys me seeing orange to red pen markers on certain heavies...

-Also comes with a useful HE shell, for those that either sidescrape and I cannot pen, or those thatare hulldown.

Skillset of the 704

Spoiler

Advantages of the 704.

-russian

-the armour can pull of a few bounces if I manage to pull out a decent angle

-while it takes slow to turn, it has decent top speed and aceleration

-decent camo meaning it can surprise a couple tanks

-So, the BL-10, strong penetration at its tier, and very good alpha too. only annoying thing is the accuracy, which I wish it would be a little bit better, because when this has to snipe, it can miss.

-I have found that I can also get close and pull of some shots, but this is a bit risky.

Final verdict:

both of these machines I like very much, and I enjoy playing them both, and can adapt to their playstyle. I come to you folks to simply think in what tank I'd do this mission best in?

Replays can be provided.

cheers and thanks for reading!

Dava_117 #2 Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:19 PM

Major

• Player
  • 18559 battles
  • [B-BAS] B-BAS

Both the tanks should be quite good for the mission, but 6k damage is still a really high score.

I may suggest to take the less defended flank and start to pin down targets, maybe platooned with a good LT player to spot them or an HT player to shield you during reload.

But it probably require more luck than anything, because you need a good ammount of noob to farm without being taken down or without friendlys "stealing" damage.

Nov_A #3 Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:26 PM

Colonel

• Player
  • 48357 battles
  • [FAME] FAME

Both of them work fine, there is no reason for a long list of facts or thinking about differences. All you need is the map, team and opportunity.

Also you have very strange crew layouts like a lot of individual perks and skills. The Object 704 relies much more on camouflage and a full camo crew can boost its performance to the max. BiA is nice to control the BL-10 trolling and perks like clutch braking work against some of its biggest drawbacks. Personally I would drop the binocs and camo net, the view range is bad and will stay bad, you can work much more with your camo to outspot enemy tanks before they see you or just rely on allies to spot. Both of the equipement also works bad with the narrow gun arc, forcing you to often adjust the hull, basically negating it. The 704 has pretty good dpm, so a ventilation and a gun laying drive or another personal favourite is far more useful to bring your trolling BL-10 damage to the target.

Same with the T30, it is less of a typical triangle redline tank than a low HP heavy with a big gun. Drop the camo net for vents and optics, play over ridgelines and try to trade single shots vs turret bounces while spotting your own targets on medium distance. The crew relies more on repair and gunhandling than yet again multiple perks and indiviudal skills.

Just my opinion because screenshots always trigger me, I am sure it will also make your mission a bit easier if your tanks profit much more from their crews.

leggasiini #4 Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:33 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 12394 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

One thing to keep in mind is that repairs are very important on TDs like these. Repair skill is massively more useful than stuff like Mentor, Intuition and Preventive Maintenance, which are all fairly useless skills. On the Object 704's case, you also want to have camo skill over those skills. Camo Net is useless on the T30, you rather want Vents or Optics instead. Same with 704, though it's a bit more useful and better than nothing if you are saving up credits. Rammer / vents / GLD or Binocs are the best bet.

Other than that, the mission should be doable with both Object 704 and T30, they are certainly capable tanks. You just need patience and a good matchup for it. 6k damage is basically 8 penetrating hits. It's more than it first sounds like, but it's still doable for sure.

The mission is certainly doable with tier 9 TDs; even tier 8s if you are a good player, but it's obviously easier to do with a tier 10 TD. I did it with the Shitbarn - it's inconsistent as hell, but 6k damage games are not very rare because the HESH is capable of doing absolutely ridiculous things. You could always considering picking up the tier 10s after the T30 and 704; however, keep in mind that both of them are certainly inferior tier-for-tier, especially the Object 268, which is just...bad. They are still tier 10 TDs, though, and thus are capable of having exceptional games now and then.

Edited by leggasiini, 24 June 2018 - 01:40 PM.

samuelx43a #5 Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:45 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21418 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

View PostNov_A, on 24 June 2018 - 01:26 PM, said:

Both of them work fine, there is no reason for a long list of facts or thinking about differences. All you need is the map, team and opportunity.

Also you have very strange crew layouts like a lot of individual perks and skills. The Object 704 relies much more on camouflage and a full camo crew can boost its performance to the max. BiA is nice to control the BL-10 trolling and perks like clutch braking work against some of its biggest drawbacks. Personally I would drop the binocs and camo net, the view range is bad and will stay bad, you can work much more with your camo to outspot enemy tanks before they see you or just rely on allies to spot. Both of the equipement also works bad with the narrow gun arc, forcing you to often adjust the hull, basically negating it. The 704 has pretty good dpm, so a ventilation and a gun laying drive or another personal favourite is far more useful to bring your trolling BL-10 damage to the target.

Same with the T30, it is less of a typical triangle redline tank than a low HP heavy with a big gun. Drop the camo net for vents and optics, play over ridgelines and try to trade single shots vs turret bounces while spotting your own targets on medium distance. The crew relies more on repair and gunhandling than yet again multiple perks and indiviudal skills.

Just my opinion because screenshots always trigger me, I am sure it will also make your mission a bit easier if your tanks profit much more from their crews.

sorry to dissapoint you, but I won't go on saying bwah, you don't know anything!!!!1111!1

yeah, I may have gone a bit haywaire on my skillset.

I'll try to reset them and see what they look like afterwards.

snowlywhite #6 Posted 24 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 14143 battles

I'm very far behind in missions. Beside light/meds, I don't like playing the other classes. Yet, girl crews are girl crews, so I decided to bite the bullet.

as a proof to myself I'm not a total junk in heavies, I decided I want to do ht-15-1 in a tier 6. Picked t-150. Did it 4 or 5 times in some 200 games. Never managed with honors. Didn't do 20% of the total dmg, didn't win, whatever.

managed to do it in the kv-85. Which I consider to be a crap tank and anyway, one bad for the mission(doesn't really bounce jack). Sure, probably I can make the primary condition 2-3 times/100 games in t-150 and only once/100 in kv-85. But the sample is small enough not to matter.

http://wotreplays.eu...owlywhite-kv-85 - monster game, radley, whatever, right? Reality is I did exactly 0 things remarkably. Ok, I figured out I should turn to defend cap. Rest? Had the luck to have a guy with half a brain to spot for me and enemy muppets to sit in cap or come to me one by one. Even funnier, did it in a 3-5-7 with very little hp overall.

imho, this is the only thing that matters. Bad team and even worse enemy team(since you're in a td, your team should preferably have a one guy who's not a total muppet for spotting).

again, talking about my(and from what I see, yours) level. Know the way around, but nowhere near greatness in WoT. Probably average player; maybe a little above average.

And that's valid overall when I'm looking at the tanks I've played. I remember games when I think my decisions turned a loss into a win. Not remarkable games, not necessarily monster xp, just solid decisions. However, for more or less all tanks, the "highest experience" game in that tank boiled down to bad team, even worse enemy team and rng not screwing me up.

probably you should equip the t-30 for brawling heavy and hope you bump into a game with ridges, preferably outnumbered in the heavy corner and manage to farm their heavies because they don't push you during reload and are generally bad. Also, probably you should equip the 704 for camo sniping and hope you bump into a game when your flank crumbled and you manage to farm from a very obvious spot which generally wouldn't work but it happens to work that time(dunno - a0 on mannerheim - it's so obvious it shouldn't work, but sometimes it does).

My best games on prok as light came out of spotting at e1. I seldom go on 1 line and only when the team forces my hand by their positioning because I don't generally trust the aim of base campers. Yet once in a blue moon this goes great, base campers actually manage to hit stuff and I get a "best" game in that tank. Same with such a mission.

Edited by snowlywhite, 24 June 2018 - 03:19 PM.

Panzerfighter_ #7 Posted 24 June 2018 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 60945 battles
  • [322] 322
I can recommend the T30 for this mission, put gld, vents and rammer in it and go for the gun improving perks like smooth ride and snap shot skill + BIA+ repair skills. If u can afford it use Cola for further gun improvement. T30 can be played like a heavy (you should do this in the most cases) and like a TD. Its more versatile than the 704. But in the end both are great tds and keepers in every garage.

DA_ZOHAN #8 Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:57 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 54014 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

Both TD's you have can deal 6k, but getting to that level of damage requires luck and skill.  (9 shots of dmg).

The maps have to be the right ones.  Very open map for Obj704, and many hull down opp's for T30 so you don't expose your hull and trade HP. (if someone hits your top of turret weakspot while hull down, more power to them.)

E4 and 268 (the followup T10's) can get there easier since their MM offers more HP to hit.

Of the 2, I think the T30 is more likely to get there quicker since it is a hybrid TD with 2 excellent guns to fit 2 different styles. (120mm for more aggressive HT style, 155mm for more cagy TD style)  With the turret, you have much more options on every map then with a non turreted excellent TD like the 704.

Simeon85 #9 Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:12 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 1097 battles

Unlock the E4 from the T30 and do it with that. The E4 is the most versatile tier 10 TD, has 375 APCR pen and you will get all tier 10 games where there is a lot more HP about. 

Also can you do missions in Grand Battles? If you can turn that on. 

marlboro80 #10 Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:34 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 15938 battles

View PostSimeon85, on 25 June 2018 - 08:12 AM, said:

Unlock the E4 from the T30 and do it with that. The E4 is the most versatile tier 10 TD, has 375 APCR pen and you will get all tier 10 games where there is a lot more HP about. 

Also can you do missions in Grand Battles? If you can turn that on. 

Yes missions in grand battles is possible.

Flavortown #11 Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 16141 battles
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
Take that blanket off from the t30 and play it like a normal person would.

I'm not sure if you can get 5 kills that easily since the rof is a bit shite, but 6k dmg can be done easily if you get a proper map and enough bob's on the otherside

samuelx43a #12 Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21418 battles
  • [WJDE] WJDE

Update on this, I did not change the skillset of the T30, but I did get rid of the camonet and put vents.

for the 704 I put almost all of them with camo skill, and wow, with camonet, its almost 50% concealment!(34% without it) it made quite the difference.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users