Jump to content


Major battles, huge fights, great battles


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Wackomack #1 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:01 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18927 battles
  • 24
  • [DUAL] DUAL
  • Member since:
    08-14-2015
I have no clue how this kind of fight is called in english but i am talking about the big 30 vs 30 maps. I haven't been in a 30 vs 30 map for 2 months now. I wonder why since i like those maps. Could there be any reason for?

OIias_of_Sunhillow #2 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:02 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 24889 battles
  • 2,733
  • Member since:
    07-20-2011

'Grand' Battles.

 

Nor I.



Rati_Festa #3 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:24 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 44546 battles
  • 1,648
  • Member since:
    02-10-2012
Have u checked its switched on in settings?

Wackomack #4 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:39 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18927 battles
  • 24
  • [DUAL] DUAL
  • Member since:
    08-14-2015
Grand battles aaahhh :) Yes it is switched on

jack_timber #5 Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:48 PM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 34585 battles
  • 2,258
  • Member since:
    07-26-2014
Not seen it for a whiles don't know why though. 

Cannes76 #6 Posted 25 June 2018 - 04:49 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 68778 battles
  • 1,771
  • [TAKE] TAKE
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011
People don't play this mode as 4 arty per side is unbearable.

Solstad1069 #7 Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:15 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41034 battles
  • 3,261
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
Turned it off long time ago, and why would anyone play it when you have the 3-5-7 mm template.

clixor #8 Posted 25 June 2018 - 05:43 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 52021 battles
  • 3,088
  • Member since:
    08-07-2011

View PostSolstad1069, on 25 June 2018 - 05:15 PM, said:

Turned it off long time ago, and why would anyone play it when you have the 3-5-7 mm template.

 

Ehh. playerbase requested for a long long time bigger maps with more tankies. When finally delivered it turned out that isn't much fun with only tier10 and a extremely bad designed map.

Nov_A #9 Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:22 PM

    Brigadier

  • Player
  • 49190 battles
  • 4,093
  • [SHEKL] SHEKL
  • Member since:
    02-28-2012

Because nobody is playing it anymore, the mode is dead.

 

The only reason why you would play Grand Battles are personal missions, as they are much easier to accomplish but most people either dont know, dont care or dont manage anyways. Also worth mentioning, a lot of players started to realize that this mode functioned as a relief for the regular matchmaker by pressing 60 T10 tanks in one battle, because due to the current templates a lot of T10 vehicles get stacked in the queue on default. Players refusing to play T8 and insisting on a T10 toptier spot did not make the situation better, especially since the activated Grand Battle mode basically reduced the chance of being toptier. The result of this madness is now visible in regular T10 games that mostly consist of full T10 lobbies and nothing close to an equal share of the premade templates.

 

A bigger map and more shiny explosions could not make up for the invested amount of time, the hardware problems, the unability to actually prepare for this much different game mode and the fact that most players with any kind of amibition in this game are already having a hard time enduring 29 other players. As always WG did their best to fucc shidd up, no additional rewards, missions, etc. just another expensive and non-rewarding mode.

 

Personally I dont know a single person in this game that still has Grand Battles activated.



Wackomack #10 Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:49 PM

    Private

  • Player
  • 18927 battles
  • 24
  • [DUAL] DUAL
  • Member since:
    08-14-2015
Aha, that sounds logical. Too bad, i personally liked it alot :(

Balc0ra #11 Posted 25 June 2018 - 07:58 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 67496 battles
  • 17,181
  • [WALL] WALL
  • Member since:
    07-10-2012
No one wanted it mixed with randoms, and that's the issue. It would have survived for longer if it was it's own mode. And if they added more tiers to it, as they said they would when it arrived. 

8126Jakobsson #12 Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:10 PM

    Colonel

  • Player
  • 69020 battles
  • 3,671
  • Member since:
    12-20-2014

View PostNov_A, on 25 June 2018 - 06:22 PM, said:

Because nobody is playing it anymore, the mode is dead.

 

The only reason why you would play Grand Battles are personal missions, as they are much easier to accomplish but most people either dont know, dont care or dont manage anyways. Also worth mentioning, a lot of players started to realize that this mode functioned as a relief for the regular matchmaker by pressing 60 T10 tanks in one battle, because due to the current templates a lot of T10 vehicles get stacked in the queue on default. Players refusing to play T8 and insisting on a T10 toptier spot did not make the situation better, especially since the activated Grand Battle mode basically reduced the chance of being toptier. The result of this madness is now visible in regular T10 games that mostly consist of full T10 lobbies and nothing close to an equal share of the premade templates.

 

A bigger map and more shiny explosions could not make up for the invested amount of time, the hardware problems, the unability to actually prepare for this much different game mode and the fact that most players with any kind of amibition in this game are already having a hard time enduring 29 other players. As always WG did their best to fucc shidd up, no additional rewards, missions, etc. just another expensive and non-rewarding mode.

 

Personally I dont know a single person in this game that still has Grand Battles activated.

 

Personal missions but also, at least to me, guaranteed bonds (apart from the mode being a bit of fresh air). I have later turned it off though since I have been working on marks at that tier and then it's just a waste of time. Not that I would get any GB's anyway. 

WindSplitter1 #13 Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:49 PM

    Major

  • Player
  • 16697 battles
  • 2,577
  • [ORDEM] ORDEM
  • Member since:
    02-07-2016

View PostCannes76, on 25 June 2018 - 03:49 PM, said:

People don't play this mode as 4 arty per side is unbearable.

 

Of course. It's always arty.



undutchable80 #14 Posted 26 June 2018 - 11:30 AM

    Captain

  • Player
  • 8375 battles
  • 2,141
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
  • Member since:
    10-30-2014
I blame PMM tanks for ruining Grand Battles...

TankkiPoju #15 Posted 26 June 2018 - 12:01 PM

    Lieutenant General

  • Player
  • 21072 battles
  • 6,456
  • [-PJ-] -PJ-
  • Member since:
    05-20-2011

Arty and TDs ruined the game mode from the start.

 

There is zero fun in playing GBs because you can just camp or get rekt by arty or all the premium HE shooting TDs 500m away.



Owi #16 Posted 03 July 2018 - 05:49 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Player
  • 17064 battles
  • 72
  • [M-O-M] M-O-M
  • Member since:
    10-07-2011

is grand battle still available?

and no the question is not if people wanna play it and why they not playing it or anything else reasons not to play it.



psychobear #17 Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:48 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Player
  • 19139 battles
  • 1,784
  • [7EVEN] 7EVEN
  • Member since:
    06-21-2012

View PostWindSplitter1, on 25 June 2018 - 09:49 PM, said:

 

Of course. It's always arty.

 

Well... like it or not, that is essentially true. Indirect fire does and will ruin any game mode, since it's not needed at all and only adds negative things to gameplay. The very definition of gamebreaking.

Solstad1069 #18 Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:49 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41034 battles
  • 3,261
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View PostOwi, on 03 July 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

is grand battle still available?

and no the question is not if people wanna play it and why they not playing it or anything else reasons not to play it.

 

You can still enable it so just pick a tier 10 and press battle over and over then.......

Enforcer1975 #19 Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:50 PM

    Field Marshal

  • Player
  • 20973 battles
  • 10,935
  • [D0NG] D0NG
  • Member since:
    05-04-2014

View PostOwi, on 03 July 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

is grand battle still available?

and no the question is not if people wanna play it and why they not playing it or anything else reasons not to play it.

 

They are not as grand as you think despite the name.....basically the same campfest with more players on bigger maps that's all. There are maybe 2-3 spots where certain classes gather even though the maps offer more space....the open fields in between are just death zones like the middle on Fjords. 

Edited by Enforcer1975, 03 July 2018 - 06:51 PM.


Solstad1069 #20 Posted 03 July 2018 - 06:51 PM

    Lieutenant Сolonel

  • Player
  • 41034 battles
  • 3,261
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

View Postclixor, on 25 June 2018 - 05:43 PM, said:

 

Ehh. playerbase requested for a long long time bigger maps with more tankies. When finally delivered it turned out that isn't much fun with only tier10 and a extremely bad designed map.

 

Ye bigger maps, but never 60 tanks. Btw tier 10 are seldom fun anyway.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users