P.43 Ter

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Jeroenpeter #1 Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:39 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26549 battles
  • [REBLS] REBLS

Tier 7 Italian medium can't make it work. After 17 battles I'm sitting at an epic 29% Winrate and 1070 average damage... I had a fun time with the tier 6, at 1200 average damage, but the Tier 7 tank doesn't really get any improvements... 

You lose DPM but gain pen, get a little bit of mobility and a little bit better gun handling, but not really anything to write home about... I have been unlucky with the teams too. grinding in this 3-5-7 MM is a living hell. Enemy team: Unicum Defender, my team: stock Tiger 2...

100k XP for the tier 8... 

Wish me luck against conqourers, t-10s and Obj-257s

DA_ZOHAN #2 Posted 25 June 2018 - 08:57 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55244 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

View PostJeroenpeter, on 25 June 2018 - 09:39 PM, said:

Tier 7 Italian medium can't make it work. After 17 battles I'm sitting at an epic 29% Winrate and 1070 average damage... I had a fun time with the tier 6, at 1200 average damage, but the Tier 7 tank doesn't really get any improvements... 

You lose DPM but gain pen, get a little bit of mobility and a little bit better gun handling, but not really anything to write home about... I have been unlucky with the teams too. grinding in this 3-5-7 MM is a living hell. Enemy team: Unicum Defender, my team: stock Tiger 2...

I went full retard on that tank, and said screw it.  Full prem loadout.  Played it very aggressively.  Got lucky with MM too.  Gonna rebuy it when Top of Tree starts next month.  I kind of liked it.

My favorite part is that it is single shot, and not with the freak auto-reloader system that makes u calculate if it is worth it or not to fire the 2nd or worse, 3rd shot.  (with the increasing reload time per shell.)

PervyPastryPuffer #3 Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:03 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31026 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

Strange... the difference in stats of the tier 6 and tier 7 P.43 on my side is very significant. The tier 7 tank actually sucks.

Italian tanks.png

_b_ #4 Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55203 battles

Keep in mind that with such low number of games played, you can just forget about making any assumptions on good or terrible.  At times MM and RNGesus will do you over really bad.... and for you with those numbers of avg dmg you should avg out with way higher wr over the long run in it :)

btw @ tankyouverymuch2, where do you get that stat image from?

Desyatnik_Pansy #5 Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:25 PM

Bartender

• Player
  • 16440 battles
  • [-GLO-] -GLO-

View PostJeroenpeter, on 25 June 2018 - 08:39 PM, said:

You lose DPM but gain pen, get a little bit of mobility and a little bit better gun handling, but not really anything to write home about...

It's not a lot of DPM Though. With my set-up the first 90mm has 6.33 while the second has 6.75. How often you get to use that anyway, then for the pen (not that 165/195 Is much better, but I'll still take that little bit more over 140/180). It's a shame though that that's the only improvements. The handling when rotating the turret goes from like 0.11 to 0.09, but the aimtime is the same, as is the horrible accuracy.

It's the combination of the bad pen, terrible velocity and then poor accuracy that really makes the tank frustrating. I could live with the pen if the gun wasn't so inaccurate, or vice versa (though I'd still probably get really annoyed, but I would atleast have pen). Instead they want it to play as a bully Heavium, but the armour isn't actually THAT good for that (for trollbounces maybe, but you'd struggle to really bully even a stock same tier Medium really unless you facehug him and even then, your turret is like a flat 100mm/120mm mantlet), and when you're mid/bottom tier most of the time anyway then you can't do it anyway, so you really feel the pain of that gun.

It didn't end up being too terrible for me, but I think it's certainly not good. Tier-for-tier I definitely did better in the VI, but I did find that thing far more frustrating to play since it has no mobility whatsoever.

Spoiler

Jeroenpeter #6 Posted 25 June 2018 - 09:36 PM

Corporal

• Player
  • 26549 battles
  • [REBLS] REBLS

Yeah both my winrate and average damage went up already, I'm grinding using XP boosters at the moment. Still I did way better in the tier 6 and 5 tanks. I'll see how they compare when I'm done grinding the tier 7. It's weird that I did way better in the Leo, swedish tier 7 that's quite the same. I played the Leo with the small gun, because of the gunhandling and DPM boosts. 

As pointed out above I think the P43 Ter sucks because of the combination of bad stats, not allowing it to play a certain role, especially when bottom tier... 

DA_ZOHAN #7 Posted 25 June 2018 - 10:02 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 55244 battles
  • [OZ77] OZ77

View PostJeroenpeter, on 25 June 2018 - 10:36 PM, said:

Yeah both my winrate and average damage went up already, I'm grinding using XP boosters at the moment. Still I did way better in the tier 6 and 5 tanks. I'll see how they compare when I'm done grinding the tier 7. It's weird that I did way better in the Leo, swedish tier 7 that's quite the same. I played the Leo with the small gun, because of the gunhandling and DPM boosts. 

As pointed out above I think the P43 Ter sucks because of the combination of bad stats, not allowing it to play a certain role, especially when bottom tier... 

play it very aggressively.  You will be shocked at the outcome.  

I had 49 battles in it, with boosts, and averaged 1500+ dmg in it.  I think an ez 3 mark when I rebuy it in 1 week.

Edited by DA_ZOHAN, 25 June 2018 - 10:04 PM.

PervyPastryPuffer #8 Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:09 PM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 31026 battles
  • [VRTC] VRTC

View Post_b_, on 25 June 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

btw @ tankyouverymuch2, where do you get that stat image from?

Check my sig... :sceptic:

It's tanks.gg

Balc0ra #9 Posted 25 June 2018 - 11:33 PM

Field Marshal

• Player
  • 66296 battles
  • [WALL] WALL

Like the Swedish Leo, you can rely on camo or assist in +2 games. Tho the stock grind is by far the worst I've come across. Huge difference in mobility. And the lack of it got me killed more then the pen did. 

But as pointed out above. Play it aggressively, you will be surprised with the results. It's best used on a ridgeline tbh, that turret is not Comet bouncy, but still it works as top tier. In +2 I play it as a support flanker or spotter. Had an Ace in a tier 9 game with over 2K damage and close to 3K assist "kept a tier 9 HT tracked towards the end" 

tall_paul #10 Posted 26 June 2018 - 10:27 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 23024 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

I think it's utterly dreadful tbh.  I'm about halfway through the grind to the tier 8 and am considering free XP-ing the rest.

It's mobility is poor, not great gun depression, terrible shell velocity, and the armour is utterly crap.  When the game starts and I'm bottom tier I breath a small, pathetic sigh.

I'm amazed that people actually like it!  I'd say it's just about the worst tier 7 medium I've played.

I shall follow this thread with interest!  If unicums think it's crap too that makes me feel a bit better.

Edited by tall_paul, 26 June 2018 - 10:29 AM.

baribal_80 #11 Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:38 PM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 21527 battles

View PostJeroenpeter, on 25 June 2018 - 07:39 PM, said:

It's funny it was the opposite for me. I had crapresults on the tier6 but I perform great on the t7 since it's faster and the gun seems less derpy. It's not a little bit of mobility, it's a lot of mobility.

ortega456 #12 Posted 26 June 2018 - 03:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 62740 battles

To be honest I've found the tier 6 italian medium to be very very bad mostly because of the bad mobility and atrocious gun soft-stats. What do y if your gun has high alpha but you can't bring the damage to the enemy because you're so restricted by mobility. For me a good tank is a flexible tank? Maybe people play it more like a sniper? Never understood why the .ter is considered a good tank. Ended the grind after 65 games with close to 1000damage and 61.54% winrate.

The P43 ter was a real upgrade for me! The mobility though it's not super good makes the tank viable again. Other than that it's like the tier 6 but due to the much better mobility and gun soft-stats I could make it work at it was really fun for me. Ended the grind after 61 games with 1.507 damage per game and 73.77% winrate. I only play solo so it's quite a difference. Other than that I really was enjoying the tier 7!

Pantera was ok though imo worse than the tier 8 projetto because it's so big and bulky and isn't that agile. The pinnacle of the italians was the Prototipo Standard B. One of the most enjoyable tanks I've played. 100 games, 60.00% winrate and close to 2.8k damage per game which could be even better if I'd have focused more.

The tier 10 I'll buy on 1st july with the ToTT special but thinking about keeping the tier 9.

Good luck to your grinds!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users