Gold ammo is NOT pay to win

NOT P2W

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

Aoishi #1 Posted 26 June 2018 - 01:12 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20161 battles

First of all you can't buy it with gold anymore so technically it isn't anyways.

But here's my point; Gold ammo is kind of a good thing for new players who don't have several million credits because gold ammo is more expensive thus forcing the user to conserve shots and learn when and where they should shoot the enemies, This is especially true for tanks that have a low ammo capacity.

But there will always be people who abuse the heck out of this (Mainly those CW tier 10 reward tank players) And that's to be expected. If there's an exploit or a way for people to get an advantage whatever the cost they will most likely do it.

This is just my personal opinion on the matter but leave your thoughts below anyways.

peekakilla #2 Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:35 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 10359 battles

View PostAoishi, on 26 June 2018 - 01:12 AM, said:

Gold ammo is NOT pay to win.

-----------------------------------------

If there's an exploit or a way for people to get an advantage whatever the cost they will most likely do it.

*edited*

allright what about if i hide the game mentioned and post the full thing from the wikipedia moderators?

source; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free-to-play

Edited by peekakilla, 26 June 2018 - 01:03 PM.
Don't mention other games

DrEsqueleto #3 Posted 26 June 2018 - 02:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 22237 battles
  • [DSNL] DSNL

I don't agree with you.

Older players ( = the ones that play this game for several years) mostly will still call it gold ammo or use both words. (gold ammo, premium ammo, gold/premium ammo.)

That "point" of you... wrong.

new players shouldn't be able to use premium ammo, for that matter,  the lowest tiers shouldn't be allowed to use premium ammo at all.!

Why?

Without it they actually have to learn how to play this game, where to aim, have to think if they should attack that tank head on or flank it, should they work together with other teammates or should they go Rambo style (as most people do).

Dio_Eneru #4 Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:41 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 1877 battles
Wtf , seriusly man ?

HassenderZerhacker #5 Posted 26 June 2018 - 05:43 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 27227 battles
  • [1DPG] 1DPG

First of all you can't buy it with gold anymore so technically it isn't anyways.

But here's my point; Gold ammo is kind of a good thing for new players who don't have several million credits because gold ammo is more expensive thus forcing the user to conserve shots and learn when and where they should shoot the enemies, This is especially true for tanks that have a low ammo capacity.

But there will always be people who abuse the heck out of this (Mainly those CW tier 10 reward tank players) And that's to be expected. If there's an exploit or a way for people to get an advantage whatever the cost they will most likely do it.

This is just my personal opinion on the matter but leave your thoughts below anyways.

met a Pz Ic yesterday that shot only gold ammo with his mauser ...

gold ammo is still pay to win because one can buy credits with gold and gold with money.

next...

SuperOlsson #6 Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:16 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21141 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

Yeah totally not, it's not like paying players can shoot like 2-3 times as much gold as a non-paying one or anything.

Anyways, when i speak to people who never played wot but heard about it, their most common reaction is something like "WoT? Isn't that a pay2win game?", so it certainly has the reputation of a pay2win game.

VarzA #7 Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:25 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 20561 battles
  • [USAGI] USAGI

Well, the good news is that you won't be able to get a job with WG's financial planning department, so you don't need to worry about that anymore.

pucku #8 Posted 26 June 2018 - 06:46 AM

Sergeant

• Player
  • 30792 battles
  • [RAF-H] RAF-H

If you couldn't buy credits (directly or indirectly) for money you would be right. But since you can it's obviously pay to win.

It might not be the biggest pay to win aspect of WoT. OP premiums and being able to skip stock grinds or jumping straight to the newest OP tank (e.g. 268v4) by XP conversion is probably more pay to win.

WoT is massively pay to win. It's just that WG is really good at obfuscating this.

NoobySkooby #9 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:00 AM

Major

• Player
  • 13191 battles
  • [TFMB] TFMB

View PostSuperOlsson, on 26 June 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

Yeah totally not, it's not like paying players can shoot like 2-3 times as much gold as a non-paying one or anything.

Anyways, when i speak to people who never played wot but heard about it, their most common reaction is something like "WoT? Isn't that a pay2win game?", so it certainly has the reputation of a pay2win game.

To be fair, show me any internet game that is not pay to win, just recently I have returned to Ocean wars, a facebook game, sure you could play that without spending a dime, but it would take you literally forever to get to the top level which in this case is level 30.

SO people will throw money at the game, again making the game creators rich in order to get to the top level ,I have never yet seen a game where you are not encouraged to spend money for gold or other items.

As for use of premium ammo or prammo as I have taken to calling after seeing someone else use that term, I hate using it, but when i am faced with prammo spammers, I tend to return the compliment, not out of choice, but out of necessity.

SuperOlsson #10 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:10 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21141 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostNoobySkooby, on 26 June 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

To be fair, show me any internet game that is not pay to win, just recently I have returned to Ocean wars, a facebook game, sure you could play that without spending a dime, but it would take you literally forever to get to the top level which in this case is level 30.

SO people will throw money at the game, again making the game creators rich in order to get to the top level ,I have never yet seen a game where you are not encouraged to spend money for gold or other items.

As for use of premium ammo or prammo as I have taken to calling after seeing someone else use that term, I hate using it, but when i am faced with prammo spammers, I tend to return the compliment, not out of choice, but out of necessity.

There are a bunch, *edited*

And pay2win is pretty much the definition of a facebook game, but at least those do not pretend they’re not.

Edited by NickMustaine, 26 June 2018 - 12:42 PM.
Don't mention other games

Aoishi #11 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:27 AM

Staff Sergeant

• Player
  • 20161 battles
The fact the only defence is "You can convert gold to credits then buy ammo" is laughable. You can do the same with normal ammo, And anything else that's bought with credits. How does that make it p2w? Now you might say "Oh but f2p players are at a disadvantage" Well if they're braindead maybe. If you where a good f2p player you would at least have a couple of marathon premiums like the T-34-85M Progetto and Dicker Max so those can be used to grind credits so i don't see where all this p2w nonsense is coming from. If anything is p2w it's those new premiums, Like the even 90. Damn op tanks!

SuperOlsson #12 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:31 AM

Warrant Officer

• Player
  • 21141 battles
  • [E-5OM] E-5OM

View PostAoishi, on 26 June 2018 - 07:27 AM, said:

The fact the only defence is "You can convert gold to credits then buy ammo" is laughable. You can do the same with normal ammo, And anything else that's bought with credits. How does that make it p2w? Now you might say "Oh but f2p players are at a disadvantage" Well if they're braindead maybe. If you where a good f2p player you would at least have a couple of marathon premiums like the T-34-85M Progetto and Dicker Max so those can be used to grind credits so i don't see where all this p2w nonsense is coming from. If anything is p2w it's those new premiums, Like the even 90. Damn op tanks!

With premium account I can at tier 8-10 spam some- to a moderate amount of gold and still make a profit, without it I can’t. And what about tanks like defender and skorpion?

Nethraniel #13 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:38 AM

Captain

• Player
  • 13226 battles
  • [T-D-U] T-D-U
Premium ammo and too strong premium tanks are the two most borderline p2w aspects of WoT. If you pay enough you can use much more 'balancing' ammo, than f2p players and thus improve your performance. Same for too strong premiums. 

SovietBias #14 Posted 26 June 2018 - 07:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 37407 battles
Meh, 0/10.

kaneloon #15 Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:20 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 28125 battles
  • [OBLIC] OBLIC

To say that newcomers will learn the weakspots by spaming gold is ... just lol.

To me it is the unfairness of gold ammo that makes me sad : a bit like when you throw a snowball and receive a rock in return. Like "I don't play games kid, just return to garage".

Tidal_Force #16 Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:36 AM

Lieutenant General

• Player
  • 16192 battles
  • [-MM] -MM
I have always said, and I will always say: goldammo is and has always been P2W. Long ago it was direct, now it's indirect. There is absolutely no discussion on this.

_Anarchistic_ #17 Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:48 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Player
  • 39029 battles

it does make a difference, especially in a premium tank and at low tiers

at high tiers it now pay to do damage

_b_ #18 Posted 26 June 2018 - 08:49 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 55203 battles
It's pay 2 win. Always has and always will be.

DracheimFlug #19 Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:07 AM

Brigadier

• Player
  • 8957 battles

View PostHassenderZerhacker, on 26 June 2018 - 05:43 AM, said:

met a Pz Ic yesterday that shot only gold ammo with his mauser ...

gold ammo is still pay to win because one can buy credits with gold and gold with money.

next...

One buys a computer with money, and buys the electricity to run said computer with money... OMG, P2W!!!!! :izmena::facepalm:

Gkirmathal #20 Posted 26 June 2018 - 09:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Player
  • 8125 battles

View PostAoishi, on 26 June 2018 - 06:27 AM, said:

How does that make it p2w?

Premium ammo usage = higher credit drain > a higher need for credits, to break even > the need to run premium content (account/vehicles) = payed by real currency > a gained credit ability to have a higher premium ammo usage vs non premium content users.

This ultimately leads to a higher win change in a 1 vs 1 engagement. Take notice that I mention "1 vs 1" not someones global wr.

So premium ammo usage, having better favorable conditions to win said 1 vs 1 engagement, but needing a real currency service to sustain = a pay to win construct.

But take note, in the essence of WoT, pay 2 win is not something binary (1 OR 0) it is a gradient/scale between 0.0 and 1.0. And indeed, WoT's does not have payed content that is a full 1.0.

edit: typo's

Edited by Gkirmathal, 26 June 2018 - 09:20 AM.

Also tagged with NOT, P2W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users